Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509369 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2013
MissAhoy:

No I did not, because my two offer letters showed income earned and what will sustain me in Canada, I also added payslips to show that, no harm in adding though, I am not a fan of "plenty documents" in a visa application, takes time to verify and also may lead to too many questions. So I always keep it simple.

Aii...copy that ! Thanks for the Info !!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 8:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
mercylicious:

U must be very lucky.

Trust me....she really is !!! what province are u going to and what profession are u into @ missahoy ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2013
earthgreeners: @freshdude, any news?

@mercylicious and the awaiting medicals crew, any updates?...Like mercy posted earlier HOPE STILL DEY OO
Bro, nun much mehn. Checked one of the skools website I applied to today, and they need additional document. Will forward it to them asap. How bout u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by MissAhoy: 8:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
mercylicious:

U must be very lucky.

Mercy no be luck o, Na God,he has been faithful and we are still praying because it is not over yet, been praying for you too, you have been very helpful and cheerfull even with the delay and your attitude has really inspired me.Please don't only track on VFS,check your mails too, when I opened the envelope today,it was just my passport and a note in it saying that I should print the email document and go for medicals, not sure why they have changed to email, but seems that is their modus operandi now. Keep being hopeful CDHC is not bigger than God.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by MissAhoy: 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
pauloman:

Trust me....she really is !!! what province are u going to and what profession are u into @ missahoy ?

By Gods' grace Calgary and am an accountant.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 8:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
bashtee:

@ brother most of those things are here, they dont have to bring them if it would add up to their luggage and inconvenience them,they will get enough in African/Nigeria convenience storse,some people dont even eat oyinbo food here, strickly naija

lol @ bashtee some students are on management level so bringing things from naija might just be more cost effective/economical than hitting the africa store
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 8:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
pauloman:

lol @ bashtee some students are on management level so bringing things from naija might just be more cost effective/economical than hitting the africa store
....u have point my bro...but make dem dey careful wat they bring...if dem bring anything wey dey prohibited and dem no declare am...if dog sniff am find out...na $800 fine plus seizure of the commodity ooo...una no wan start una Canadian life with fines at the gate oo...lol....just dont overdo it....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
freshdude:
Bro, nun much mehn. Checked one of the skools website I applied to today, and they need additional document. Will forward it to them asap. How bout u?

@freshdude, wetin dem want again ooo?...as for me I neva hear anytin oo.. Having issues with sending my Transcript to MUN cos dis NIPOST guys are on strike..courier fee no be beans for me at dis time...I dey chill till next week sha, If dem no resume I might be forced to use Courier but no b small tin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2013
[quote author=MissAhoy]

By Gods' grace Calgary and am an accountant.[/quote

Okay nicey !!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 10:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
@earthgreeners, I transferred so they need my former skools transcript. Didn't do much courses there anyway. Will send it soon. Already sent a scanned copy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:42am On Jan 09, 2013
kayce43:
Thanks for the info oga, my best bet is always good network with good internet service, person go commot for naija with hope say d connection ovr thr will b betta all d way only to meet the same fing.No way o! At least d networks dat r expensive ovr thr can't be outrageously expensive, as long as d connection and internet is ok...perfect deal 4 me.
....it might tear ur pocket ooo.....it depends on how much u can afford....but, in all u can still manage Wind Mobile....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 5:01am On Jan 09, 2013
Idomaboi: @all MY AGENT JUST EMAILED ME..I GOT THE TRV......GOD WILL DO IT FOR ALL OF YOU AWAITEESSS....JESUS IS LORD....

congrats bruv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 5:41am On Jan 09, 2013
Siga: ....it might tear ur pocket ooo.....it depends on how much u can afford....but, in all u can still manage Wind Mobile....

Lol my guy boss siga is true , I have a friend who paid over 1000dollars for a month because he streamed videos and rather than Rogers to disconnect him after exceeding the limit, he was charged pay as you go without him knowing so be careful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 7:20am On Jan 09, 2013
dealexad:

congrats bruv
thanks bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 7:49am On Jan 09, 2013
Idomaboi: @all MY AGENT JUST EMAILED ME..I GOT THE TRV......GOD WILL DO IT FOR ALL OF YOU AWAITEESSS....JESUS IS LORD....

Congrats, Hope To See You There Someday Bro.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jman77(m): 8:50am On Jan 09, 2013
@idomaboi,CONGRATULATIONS!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 9:04am On Jan 09, 2013
@thanks you all for the encouragement...i hold the trv for my hand now.multiple entry..too bad my passport dey expire november so na till october..so today night...zooommm...keep the faith peeps...you will get through

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Coleran: 9:11am On Jan 09, 2013
@idomaboi Congrats and save trip.Am happy for you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iwinosajack: 9:31am On Jan 09, 2013
Congrats @ Idomaboi, what wil u do when ur passport expires? Can CDHC issue study permit beyond d validity of ones passport? Pls I want to kn becos d duration of my proposed course of study in canny exceed d validity of d passport I submitted at CDHC. Will it affect my chance? Pls @ all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 9:41am On Jan 09, 2013
@idomaboi,
congrats!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 10:09am On Jan 09, 2013
iwinosajack :
Congrats @ Idomaboi, what wil u do when ur passport expires? Can CDHC issue study permit beyond d validity of ones passport? Pls I want to kn becos d duration of my proposed course of study in canny exceed d validity of d passport I submitted at CDHC. Will it affect my chance? Pls @ all.
nahh its the study permit which will be issued you at the POE that will determine your stay...the expiry date of the visa indicates when you should be in canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 10:20am On Jan 09, 2013
Idomaboi: @thanks you all for the encouragement...i hold the trv for my hand now.multiple entry..too bad my passport dey expire november so na till october..so today night...zooommm...keep the faith peeps...you will get through

Congrate Idomaboi. Safe flight.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 10:33am On Jan 09, 2013
Siga: ....it might tear ur pocket ooo.....it depends on how much u can afford....but, in all u can still manage Wind Mobile....
Thanks Chief Siga and Sir P for the info, I will be very careful then. Over 1,000dollars is not beans to someone who just enter canny, dat money wld do a lot.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iwinosajack: 10:40am On Jan 09, 2013
Thank u Idomaboi for ur prompt reply. It means I can renew my passport in canny & apply for extension of stay. Safe flight ma broda
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Burningflamz: 10:45am On Jan 09, 2013
Abo le,Congrats bro.go do ur best and make us all proud.it is well as we would join you soon.
Idomaboi:
nahh its the study permit which will be issued you at the POE that will determine your stay...the expiry date of the visa indicates when you should be in canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 11:07am On Jan 09, 2013
Idomaboi: @thanks you all for the encouragement...i hold the trv for my hand now.multiple entry..too bad my passport dey expire november so na till october..so today night...zooommm...keep the faith peeps...you will get through

Congrats and safe trip.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seedgie(m): 11:24am On Jan 09, 2013
@idomanboi Big congrat! We d medical awaitees still have hope. But d wait is killing..........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 11:27am On Jan 09, 2013
seedgie: @idomanboi Big congrat! We d medical awaitees still have hope. But d wait is killing..........

Killing is an understatement.........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 11:42am On Jan 09, 2013
kayce43: Updated Expectant Medical Awaitees

@OmosanyaOlak 3rd August
@bryanhumber 15th August
@mercylicious- Sept 13th
@Don cipher - Sept 17th
@Hinxx-Sept 17th
@Xtus- Sept 18th
@lalla89- sept 19
@adexcube - sept 24th (flight School)
@Princetoochi -Sept 26th
@Seedgie- Oct 9th

Lord, we submit this list to you, review it today Lord, give us reasons to smile this month Lord, favour us and let us enjoy your divine grace. We specifically bring the case of @OmosanyaOlak, @bryanhumber and @mercylicious to the throne of grace, Lord do it for them this week so that they can glorify your name and share the testimony with us all. In Jesus Name we have prayed. (AMEN).

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 11:49am On Jan 09, 2013
kayce43:
Thanks Chief Siga and Sir P for the info, I will be very careful then. Over 1,000dollars is not beans to someone who just enter canny, dat money wld do a lot.

That money na 2 months accommodation

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Burningflamz: 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
7 Alleluyah
Alleluyah
Alleluyah
Alleluyah
Alleluyah
Alleluyah
Alleluyah
Alleluyah

It shall be well,IJN,Amen.
adexcube:

Lord, we submit this list to you, review it today Lord, give us reasons to smile this month Lord, favour us and let us enjoy your divine grace. We specifically bring the case of @OmosanyaOlak, @bryanhumber and @mercylicious to the throne of grace, Lord do it for them this week so that they can glorify your name and share the testimony with us all. In Jesus Name we have prayed. (AMEN).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by genep: 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2013
Idomaboi:
thanks bro
Congrats bro...so happy. For you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.