Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509383 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by eldredthedon(m): 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
@all.....so I got my trv today....praise the almighty God....its been a pleasure....thanks every single one of you...the lord will continue to grant ur hearts desires ....amen!!!

11 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
eldred the don: @all.....so I got my trv today....praise the almighty God....its been a pleasure....thanks every single one of you...the lord will continue to grant ur hearts desires ....amen!!!

Congrats dear. We submitted same day so u hv a lot of reasons to dance azonto.

I have news. My sch program co-ordinator replied me and asked if I will be able to make spring which starts May. U guess wat my answer was - YES!
I now await the offer. Idomaboi really brought d hope back and God is making all things new.
I'll try and use d time ( frm now to May) to get sum intl certs.
So help me God.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
mercylicious:

I have news. My sch program co-ordinator replied me and asked if I will be able to make spring which starts May. U guess wat my answer was - YES!
I now await the offer. Idomaboi really brought d hope back and God is making all things new.
So help me God.

wow;;;;;; Thatz great news........Over to CDHC
Mercy is leaving in spring
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 7:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
mercylicious:
9ice 1. CDHC must answer us, jst keep the hope alive. @all med awaitees no kill urself with hyper-tracking oh, i neva even track dis week...Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
eldred the don: @all.....so I got my trv today....praise the almighty God....its been a pleasure....thanks every single one of you...the lord will continue to grant ur hearts desires ....amen!!!

Singing in eldee the Don's voice - I'm leaving , I'm off to canny and I dont know when I'll be back again. Let's get this party started......................................
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 7:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
iwinosajack :
Thank u Idomaboi for ur prompt reply. It means I can renew my passport in canny & apply for extension of stay. Safe flight ma broda

Yeah, same with me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:08pm On Jan 09, 2013

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 8:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
mercylicious:

So help me God.

This is so cool to read. I didn't look at a mirror but I believe I'm all smiles from ear to ear.

@eldred the don Congrats on your TRV

@ALL Fall Applicants,how is it going?

I'm obtaining my referee letters now, got two today, expecting three tomorrow and my transcript is at a very advanced stage so I may be turning in my application by mid January.

Things seems to be going very good for me. I was a bit worried I didn't have any publications to add to my applications only to find out today that my final year project was published by my HOD(acknowledging me as co-author)in one of the volumes of the Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers Journal for 2011. That was one of the best news I got for today.

@earthgreeners If you are still keen on getting something published before August 2013 on environmental engineering or related issues I'm game.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 9:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
mercylicious:

So help me God.

I really hope it all works out well for you..by Gods grace..u been a great contribution to this thread..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
xtus:

All the best with ur medicals man!!!!

you asked for the stuff I submitted (Submitted Sept 24 to VFS) earlier. Kinda the regular school stuff, old certs, uOttawa Admission Letter and all..
and these:
The Scholarship Award Letter from NITDA
Another Letter from NITDA to the embassy
Newspaper pages of the Awardees (I just circled my name)
Payslip for past 3 months (I didnt submit any letter from my employer though, as I just resumed a new place in April, and since its less than 6 months, so I just attached a letter that HR will only give me such letter after 6 months)
My Personal Account of about 2Million
Shares Certs

I figured just incase they having issues with the Scholarship thingy, I submitted these:
My Brother's Company Account Statement..well funded
His CAC Documents
His Birth Cert, indicating same parents
A Letter from him, indicating I am his direct brother, going on government scholarship, but if there is any issue, he is ready to support whatsoever.

Think that's about it..now am told to pay 1yr tuition and accommodation, get new start date, and provide Tax Clearance for my bro's coy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 9:25pm On Jan 09, 2013
Mehn..between monday and today..I have been plenty tired.plenty stress..and to make it worse, everyone i can further get clarifications and further instructions from in uOttawa are totally engaged!..I hope my mails get replied soon..calls just entering voicemail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 9:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
i am using AirFrance..so stop in paris.. i will let you all know...at MM airport
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
Idomaboi: i am using AirFrance..so stop in paris.. i will let you all know...at MM airport
...I fly Air France all the time bro....its ok....even my mum love the way dem take care of her....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
Idomaboi: i am using AirFrance..so stop in paris.. i will let you all know...at MM airport

Safe trip dear. Hope u didn't forget d garrium sulphide. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
I just remembered d way we used to package garrium sulphide in big milo container those days.
All d nicknames- oto, otochukwu, otodinma, asoks, asoki and now garrium sulphate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 10:27pm On Jan 09, 2013
mercylicious:

Safe trip dear. Hope u didn't forget d garrium sulphide. grin
i couldn't get it oooo i'm sooooooooooo saddd
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 10:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
Siga: ...I fly Air France all the time bro....its ok....even my mum love the way dem take care of her....
Oga siga i am new to this system o...so how i go waka for paris??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
Idomaboi:
Oga siga i am new to this system o...so how i go waka for paris??
....once u get to Paris....check the gate u are gonna be boarding at....if u are not sure...Please dont be shy to ask questions....go to any Air France desk if possible....once dem tell u where ur gate is....head there.....its a bit a of a walk from where u get off...so, u wanna go there first , get to know the gate before wondering anywhere....as a matter of fact...go straight to ur gate.....then u can go down to have coffee...there are stores at the lower floor.... breakfast is pretty pricy though.... lol...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 10:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
Siga: ....once u get to Paris....check the gate u are gonna be boarding at....if u are not sure...Please dont be shy to ask questions....go to any Air France desk if possible....once dem tell u where ur gate is....head there.....its a bit a of a walk from where u get off...so, u wanna go there first , get to know the gate before wondering anywhere....as a matter of fact...go straight to ur gate.....then u can go down to have coffee...there are stores at the lower floor.... breakfast is pretty pricy though.... lol...
thanks bro..i go let u know wats up
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 11:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
Idomaboi be careful about monitoring your gate.. In my case the gates were changed n I had no idea , it was at the last minute I looked at the screen and saw the change . Don't forget to get a wifi pass at a relay store . It kills the boredom. You can also play FIFA 13 for a small fee..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 11:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
Guys who are new In Canada , always remember to calculate tax in addition to what you're buying so you won't be embarrassed at the payment desk when you realize the cost of what you're buying is much more than you thought ... Here in GTA tax on a laptop of 1100 dollars is about 300dollars but you don't know that till you're bout to pay .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 11:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
Sir P!:
Guys who are new In Canada , always remember to calculate tax in addition to what you're buying so you won't be embarrassed at the payment desk when you realize the cost of what you're buying is much more than you thought ... Here in GTA tax on a laptop of 1100 dollars is about 300dollars but you don't know that till you're bout to pay .
.....Ha ba Sir P.... which tax rate u take calculate that one....ah aha.... HST is 13% .... a laptop of $1100 , na only $143 tax dey ontop am...and maybe $5 or so on enviromental charges.... are u sure the extra coins on ur laptop no be extended warranty?....

As a matter of fact... Apple, Dell and most major stores have student prices....just enter there and present ur school ID....thats if u dey go recognised school ooo....most schools even get software rebate with Apple.....I know this cos I used the service before....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 12:43am On Jan 10, 2013
Boss siga I'm telling you based on personal experience , I bought a MacBook Pro at best buy . Retail price was 1099 and I paid 1400. I got no reason to lie .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 12:44am On Jan 10, 2013
Although they might have charged for warranty but I wasn't told that .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 1:36am On Jan 10, 2013
Sir P!:
Boss siga I'm telling you based on personal experience , I bought a MacBook Pro at best buy . Retail price was 1099 and I paid 1400. I got no reason to lie .
....bro..i never said u lied....if i have to count...i don buy over 5 laptops for Canada ...infact, i bought a 13' Macbook pro at Apple store for Yorkdale Mall Sept 2012 ...if possible...check ur receipt or call them...i am sure u were charged $199 Apple care service...besides..u should have gone to Apple and use ur student ID to get a $100 discount
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 2:38am On Jan 10, 2013
I never knew about the student discount thing o , chai .. I'm sorry If I confused anybody , you learn everyday grin thanks boss siga, at least il save a couple of toonies on my next laptop
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 2:41am On Jan 10, 2013
adexcube:

Lord, we submit this list to you, review it today Lord, give us reasons to smile this month Lord, favour us and let us enjoy your divine grace. We specifically bring the case of @OmosanyaOlak, @bryanhumber and @mercylicious to the throne of grace, Lord do it for them this week so that they can glorify your name and share the testimony with us all. In Jesus Name we have prayed. (AMEN).

AMEN!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 2:47am On Jan 10, 2013
Sir P!:

Like Siga said, it looks like they sold you an extended warranty, Lol . . I guess the oyinbo spoke so fast and you just said yes to all she (maybe she is cute too) said and they pile them all up for you and you pay the bill . . . Lol.
Taxes on sales is 13% and another few bucks for environmental fees . . . if you still have the receipt, check it well and see what is all about.
But remember that those taxes is what they used to make the nation nice for us all to wanna come here and make here home . . . tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 2:47am On Jan 10, 2013
mercylicious:

So help me God.

HEADS UP DEAR, THIS IS GREAT NEWS. I HAVE TAKEN PARTICULAR INTEREST IN UR OWN TRV PURSUIT. WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU HERE IN CANADA, SEE YOU COME MAY, 2013!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 2:49am On Jan 10, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Like Siga said, it looks like they sold you an extended warranty, Lol . . I guess the oyinbo spoke so fast and you just said yes to all she (maybe she is cute too) said and they pile them all up for you and you pay the bill . . . Lol.
Taxes on sales is 13% and another few bucks for environmental fees . . . if you still have the receipt, check it well and see what is all about.
But remember that those taxes is what they used to make the nation nice for us all to wanna come here and make here home . . . tongue

the tax thing drives me mad mhen, got a ticket to edmonton for $298, tax alone was about half d ticket price!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 2:56am On Jan 10, 2013
dealexad:

the tax thing drives me mad mhen, got a ticket to edmonton for $298, tax alone was about half d ticket price!!!

That one is what i hate, not the tax itself oh but having to read btw the lines, cos they will advertise a flight for like 99$, only for you to know the extra to be coughed out by you would be double that, in taxes and other fees, however, the govt is cracking down on them to make sure that all takes and hidden charges are spell out well . . .
Welcome to Canada!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:09am On Jan 10, 2013
dealexad:

...see..na all these kain complains dey make me mad ooo....@dealexad...we all dey here when u dey pray to God to grant u TRV...God don do am now..carry u enter Canada...and u dey complain....u wan make Canada take dem TRV back? ....ok ...i dare u...take it back to airport and return it...lol....

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.