Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509401 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 12:47am On Jan 12, 2013
mayo47: Hello everyone I actually just finished my masters in uk and looking to going for MBA in Canada. The question is can I apply from the Uk to the Canadian embassy in London and I dont presently have my original waec certificate as I see it's kinda needed due to date of birth mistake on waec part, would this in any way affect my application and can more than one sponsor like having two different people bank statements.waiting on ya all.
...get ur WAEC results back ...koda...u can use 1million sponsors...no wahala with that...and if u still have a valid study permit in UK that will cover u till the time they offer u Canadian visa, u are good to go....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by b03liberty(m): 12:55am On Jan 12, 2013
seir405: grin

My cousin broda work at a canadian embassy in abuja. Hokay
yes! ur advice pls, and my chances
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by b03liberty(m): 12:56am On Jan 12, 2013
Jokzoh:

I think you should read the thread from part 1.
. thanx. to find time to do that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 4:15am On Jan 12, 2013
Sorry guys that I have not updated...I am still trying to settle in...I came late to the school so it's busy day so far..I will tell you all of my experience when I'm ready...wish you awaitess good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 4:27am On Jan 12, 2013
just got a copy of my acceptance letter from my school in my email, waiting on the original frm the mail.. im pretty much set.. will keep u guys updated,..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 5:51am On Jan 12, 2013
Jokzoh:

I think you should read the thread from part 1.

You are a wicked man grin, not even from the first page of part 3 or part 2, bros na serious work ooo bt it will really help him.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bukahands(m): 8:51am On Jan 12, 2013
Goldie20: just got a copy of my acceptance letter from my school in my email, waiting on the original frm the mail.. im pretty much set.. will keep u guys updated,..

Which school ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 9:24am On Jan 12, 2013
bukahands:

Which school ?

COTR! College Of The Rockies Bc..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:41am On Jan 12, 2013
Goldie20: COTR! College Of The Rockies Bc..

A step forward....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 9:50am On Jan 12, 2013
earthgreeners:

A step forward....

.Thanks..Hope Everything Is Going Great On Your Side Too.. I Will Keep You Updated Big Bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:47am On Jan 12, 2013
@all, As I await acceptance from a Canadian university and gather documents for my study permit application. I need advise from forumites on my case file.

My profile is as follows,
Graduated in 2011 (Bachelors in Environmental Mgt, 4.39/5.0), NYSC Completed- October, 2012. Currently working as a High School teacher

My sponsor - Brothers (Self employed and Employed), Same Surname

I applied for courses in: Environment and Sustainability
Natural Resources Management.

Here are the documents I intend to submit to CDHC;
EMBASSY DOCUMENTS
1) Application Checklist
2) Application Form
3) Questionnaire
4) Family information form
5) Bank Draft (N19,500)

SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
1) Letter of acceptance from the University.
2) Official fee schedule from the University.

PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
1) Passport
2) Two Passport Photograph
3) Birth Certificate
4) Police Character Certificate
Academic Credentials,
1) WAEC Certificate
2) High School Testimonial
3) Degree certificate
4) University Transcripts
5) NYSC certificate,
6) Curriculum Vitae
7) Letter of intent

SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
1) Originals of the last 6 months of sponsor’s Bank account statement
2) Letter of reference from Bank.
3) Sponsor’s letter of sponsorship
4) Affidavit of Support
5) Sponsor's employment letter
6) Letter of reference from sponsor's employer
7) Pay Slips (6month)
cool Landed properties documents, shares certificates.
9) Passport Datapage photocopy
10) Birth Certificate

For my Self employed sponsors: In addition to 1,2,3,4,8,9,10 above.
1) Tax Clearance
2) Company Registration

FAMILY INFO DOCUMENT
1) Dad's death Cert. (Deceased)
2) Siblings Birth Certificates or passport data page or Nat. ID..
3) Married Siblings' Marriage certificates

MY QUESTIONS
1) Can I submit a letter from the High school I work (25K salary) or should I just fill unemployed?
2) I am the last child of d family, shld I include details of all my siblings (we plenty small) on the family info form?, all employed and okay...
3) shld I include a letter (acknowledging brothers as sponsor) and document from my mum (she has abt 1M in her account and a landed property), she is not my sponsor o?.
4) Is it wise to include any of my dad's documents? (Deceased)
5) What are the missing documents on the list above?

^
HELP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 10:59am On Jan 12, 2013
earthgreeners: @all, As I await acceptance from a Canadian university and gather documents for my study permit application. I need advise from forumites on my case file.

Graduated in 2011 (Bachelors in Environmental Mgt, 4.39/5.0), NYSC Completed- October, 2012. Currently working as a High School teacher

EMBASSY DOCUMENTS
1) Application Checklist
2) Application Form
3) Questionnaire
5) Bank Draft (N19,500)

SCHOOL DOCUMENTS

PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
1) Passport
3) Birth Certificate
Academic Credentials,
1) WAEC Certificate
3) Degree certificate
5) NYSC certificate,
6) Curriculum Vitae
7) Letter of intent

SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
4) Affidavit of Support
7) Pay Slips (6month)
10) Birth Certificate

1) Tax Clearance
2) Company Registration

FAMILY INFO DOCUMENT

MY QUESTIONS
1) Can I submit a letter from the High school I work (25K salary) or should I just fill unemployed?
2) I am the last child of d family, shld I include details of all my siblings (we plenty small) on the family info form?, all employed and okay...
3) shld I include a letter (acknowledging brothers as sponsor) and document from my mum (she has abt 1M in her account and a landed property), she is not my sponsor o?.

^
HELP

In your brother"s affidavit of support letter, let it be written what and he wants to support you with. Like tuition, flight etc. and let him boldly put it that he would make payments as soon as he gets instruction to do so. It worked for me!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by MissAddy: 11:10am On Jan 12, 2013
MissAhoy:
Hi Mercy,i submitted my application on 20th of sept,medical instructions was issued on the 3rd of Dec, to my agent. I applied for a work permit!

Hello MissAhoy,I wish you all the best of good luck with your application. I am a working professional and am interested in obtaining a work permit too. Kindly,explain how you got your job offers and details of your agent. I want to begin processing mine asap. Awaiting your response,Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 11:16am On Jan 12, 2013
@Earthgreener,
you have contributed immensely and tirelessly to the forumites here,so you deserve to be supported.
My word/tips:
1) No matter how much you are earning from the high school,please don't write it off. It is an added advantage. Letter from the high school and the salary will go a long way,as long as you have a main sponsor.
This will picture you to the VO as a man that is not idle and completely dependent.
2) I will advise you only few of them preferably those that are older than you sponsor,at least to show that you are only dependant on your sponsor out of your siblings. Also,think of the ones(siblings) that u think u may want to invite to come to Canada one day. Your file may be revisited that time.but shld be fine since u said they are all employed an okay.

3) Adding a letter from your Mum is not a bad idea. Even as I am a self sponsor,I included a letter from my Dad explaining that I have worked for his Company before(as an IT student and later as Marketing Officer and now a decision maker) He also stated that being the first Son,I will take the cue from him. This makes the picture clear that I need vast knowledge,skill and experience to face the challenges ahead( Managing my own Business and also keeping abreast with the Family business) and he also vouch for him good act and return to 9ja after my studies. So,go ahead Brov.

4) If you have dox prevailing your share of your Late Dad's properties,no qualms,you can add such dox+dox of d properties

5) Some gurus will spot this out,as you are in the best position to know this.
Olorun a fun e se,a ba e se. #iyanuasele# smiley

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:40am On Jan 12, 2013
@Newacca, Gracias Big Brother.....
I'ld heed to ur advice....
E seun, olurun a seyi to dara fun gbogbo wa....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imadebaby: 12:14pm On Jan 12, 2013
Jokzoh:

In your brother"s affidavit of support letter, let it be written what and he wants to support you with. Like tuition, flight etc. and let him boldly put it that he would make payments as soon as he gets instruction to do so. It worked for me!
How dos dis affidavit of support letter look like?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 3:36pm On Jan 12, 2013
imadebaby:
I think it should be the same wit sponsor letter, just that u will go to court and get an affidavit stamp for it. That's my guess, I might be wrong.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bukahands(m): 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2013
Goldie20:

COTR! College Of The Rockies Bc..

Congrats mate

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockar: 4:30pm On Jan 12, 2013
Abeg, how does the sponsor affidavit looks like? And where will one do it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockar: 4:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kelly4top: 5:10pm On Jan 12, 2013
earthgreeners: @all, As I await acceptance from a Canadian university and gather documents for my study permit application. I need advise from forumites on my case file.

EMBASSY DOCUMENTS
1) Application Checklist
2) Application Form
3) Questionnaire
5) Bank Draft (N19,500)

SCHOOL DOCUMENTS

PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
1) Passport
3) Birth Certificate
Academic Credentials,
1) WAEC Certificate
3) Degree certificate
5) NYSC certificate,
6) Curriculum Vitae
7) Letter of intent

SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
4) Affidavit of Support
7) Pay Slips (6month)
10) Birth Certificate

1) Tax Clearance
2) Company Registration

FAMILY INFO DOCUMENT

MY QUESTIONS

^
HELP

missing documents
1. Sponsor birth certificate to prove same surname as brother or affidavit of age declaration not done recently or his marriage certificate which will have ur parents name.
2. Pictures
3.letter of intent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 5:37pm On Jan 12, 2013
kelly4top:

missing documents
1. Sponsor birth certificate to prove same surname as brother or affidavit of age declaration not done recently or his marriage certificate which will have ur parents name.
2. Pictures
3.letter of intent.

pictures not necessary
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 5:59pm On Jan 12, 2013
kelly4top:

missing documents
2. Pictures
3.letter of intent.

With regards to num 1, i think the data page of sponsors passport will suffice. that and the affidavit of support. Just a thought..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:01pm On Jan 12, 2013
mozo: With regards to num 1, i think the data page of sponsors passport will suffice. that and the affidavit of support. Just a thought..

Thanks alot Bro, I already included that on my list...
Thumbs up
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:20pm On Jan 12, 2013
rockar: Abeg, how does the sponsor affidavit looks like? And where will one do it?

Its more like the sponsor's letter but in affidavit format...I hope u grab....
Some thing like

IN THE HIGH COURT
GUSAU, ZAMFARA
(Middle)

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

I, Malam Dongo Aniete, Male, Nigerian, residing at 3 Emeka road, Gusau. hereby solemnly swear on oath as follows;

1) That I am the above named person
2) That Dongo Kunle is my son/brother/daughter/cousin/niece/nephew
3) That I am his sponsor
4) That he intends to proceed to canada for purpose of studies
5) That I shall be responsible for his Tuition, accomodation etc
6) That I currently work with Dantata group of company on a permanent basis / Self employed
7) That he is my only dependent / That my wife and son/daughter (with age) , are my other dependents.
6) That he would not be a liability to government of Canada.
7) That he wld return to Nigeria after his studies ,......
cool blablablablablablabla
9) That this affidavit is sworn to in good faith beleiving all to be true to the best of my knowledge and in accordance with the oath act

Deponent
(Right hand side)

Sworn to at the high court
Gusau Zamfara State.
Dated this 10th day of June 1988

Before me
Commisioner of Oaths
(Middle)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 9:26pm On Jan 12, 2013
@Siga, mercy and all, need your opinion. If had like 3.5 in my own current account and my sponsor has like 1m in fixed deposit, and 900 in his salary account, will that fly? Or does he need to add more money to that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 9:31pm On Jan 12, 2013
mozo: @Siga, mercy and all, need your opinion. If had like 3.5 in my own current account and my sponsor has like 1m in fixed deposit, and 900 in his salary account, will that fly? Or does he need to add more money to that?
...U even look better on paper than ur sponsor.... ur sponsor needs to add more ooo.... at least let him have like N5m in savings plus investments join....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 10:32pm On Jan 12, 2013
mozo: @Siga, mercy and all, need your opinion. If had like 3.5 in my own current account and my sponsor has like 1m in fixed deposit, and 900 in his salary account, will that fly? Or does he need to add more money to that?
He doesn't really qualify as a sponsor.. The vo will reason that he has to take care of himself n family with the 900k. I may be wrong but they might not consider fixed deposit as proof of funds rather as a tie
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kunle2: 2:41am On Jan 13, 2013
hello, please, i would like to know the school(s) one can apply to in Canada with a Nigerian 2.2(3.1/5) in engineering asap. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 3:50am On Jan 13, 2013
imadebaby:

Same as sponsor letter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 4:53am On Jan 13, 2013
Sir P and Siga, thanks for the feedback, what if I were to say am sponsoring myself and my brother is a co-sponsor? Based on the fact that he has a steady income as a banker (product manager)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 6:02am On Jan 13, 2013
seir405: grin
"b03liberty: Pls bigger bro in da house,,i am an undergraduate student ,it has been my dream to be in canada,cos am a travelling type,though never travel out of d country b4. i am a good to go for what i want . My cousin broda work at a canadian embassy in abuja. my intention did not disclose to him though, coz i dont want a discourage from him,such as why can't u just face a reality in naija or as he told one man in my area who was seeking his assistance. he told d man dat if he can really pin point with a letter why he wanted to visit canada b4 he can help... that he can even pay 4 d visa of d man #7500 then 2008. my question is dis; WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS i need to put in place dat will make it difficult 4 him to say no or dat can make him realize how serious i am when i disclose my intention to him as i will be rounding up with my degree programme dis year by God grace. advise please"

My cousin broda work at a canadian embassy in abuja. Hokay

@Seir....chill pill on d individual cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.