Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509471 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockar: 7:13am On Feb 21, 2013
Goodmorning all, i received an email from the skooL i applied to for fall dis year that i shuld pay half of my tuition b4 may 1st. I am already planning to apply for trv by 3rd week in march. My questions are:

- Do i have to pay that half of tuition b4 i make my application? Becos i tort CHDC will tell me to do that later

- Does the payment have to be exactly from the account of sponsor?

And also what are d advantages of having two sponsors, because my dad has agreed to sponsor, but im still thinking i shuld my brother to be my co-sponsor. My dad said its not necessary to ask my brother to be, but i dont wanna take chances and i wanna know if it is necessary to ask him..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Odinwa(m): 7:27am On Feb 21, 2013
Good morning everybody, please I am a graduate of Biochemistry with a grade of 2.2, and I wanna go do my masters in Brock University, ontario (preferably Biotechnology). Please I would like to know if its advisable for me to go ahead and apply because of my grade or if you have any advice for me. Please I really need your advice. Thanks to you all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Burningflamz: 7:41am On Feb 21, 2013
Congrats Kemdee,the good Lord wıll contınue to do marvelous thıngs ın ur lıfe.
kemdee: My peoples, it is with joy in my heart that I announce that my study permit has been approved!!! My status changed this afternoon but I wanted to wait till I collect my package from VFS 2mao b4 I share the gudnew but I just got an email from the CDHC stating that my study permit has been approved...I thank the good Lord.

"It always seems impossible until it is done"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Burningflamz: 7:43am On Feb 21, 2013
If God can do ıt for you,sure He can and wıll do ıt for us all who share ın your joy.Congrats dear,go forth for our good and mercıful God ıs wıth you.
ulo123: Hi all, my status changed this afternoon...and just got a mail that my study permit has been approved!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Burningflamz: 7:49am On Feb 21, 2013
kayce43:
Yayyyyyy!!!! Congratulations!!!! Yes o God is working! Smile all d way to CDHC
@Kayce,calm down,Maple receıved same maıl yesterday,they just want to pıck your TRV and all other documents from VAC today and then send for you.
Well,ı know you wıll pıck your TRV tomorrow there and ı know a nıce spot where we can celebrate wıth you.No fear,Efosa and I would host you.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockar: 8:09am On Feb 21, 2013
rockar: Goodmorning all, i received an email from the skooL i applied to for fall dis year that i shuld pay half of my tuition b4 may 1st. I am already planning to apply for trv by 3rd week in march. My questions are:

- Do i have to pay that half of tuition b4 i make my application? Becos i tort CHDC will tell me to do that later

- Does the payment have to be exactly from the account of sponsor?

And also what are d advantages of having two sponsors, because my dad has agreed to sponsor, but im still thinking i shuld my brother to be my co-sponsor. My dad said its not necessary to ask my brother to be, but i dont wanna take chances and i wanna know if it is necessary to ask him..

Pls somebody should answer my questions....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Adexhat(m): 8:24am On Feb 21, 2013
bumdish:

Serious mixed feelings here!

@all who have gotten their trv, I say a whopping big congrats.It wasn't easy, but it was worth it.

@all who got a denial, I say it is not how far/fast but how well. God knows the circuit of your life.

@all nursing the Canada dream but are incapacitated by one challenge or the other. Sponsor, Finance, Admission etc, I say, keep your dreams alive and keep working at it.The future belongs only to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

@all awaiting a feedback. Admission, Medicals, Supervisor, TRV etc, I say hope and pray, God answers prayers. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.

@all at the verge of application submission, I say be diligent. Learn from the errors of other, be optimist yet be real. Seek wise counsel, ask questions. Put yourself in the position of a saddist VO and do the 3 way test.
1. Will this applicant want to return after studies.
2. Will this applicant not resort to working in Canada in-order to pull through school and
3. Are there any credibility holes.

@all offering help and solution on this forum, I say keep up the good work. The God who sees what your are doing in secret, will reward you openly.

Finally and like you know, Canada is a great place but it is a dustbin compared to what heaven would be. How much preparatory effort are you putting into your final destination.

Good one here Bumdish, inspiring and thought provoking......... you know looking back and forth different reactions in the course of events of success and failures people have experienced, I wonder how would you feel if you're denied the VISA to heaven (which is far better than Canada in Glory and grace) on the last day? You may get denied of Canada visa 2day but you can still tried again and make it later on, but you've got just once chance either to be in heaven or hell (God forbid). Now is the accepted time, now is the day of Salvation.......

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Burningflamz: 8:25am On Feb 21, 2013
rockar:

Pls somebody should answer my questions....
Calm down,youngman.
1st,write to the school reminding them CDHC,Nigeria advises students to wait for directives for tuition payment as TRV is being processed.I believe you have their admission letter already and they want that half tuition just to keep a seat for you for fall.what some schs do is charge acceptance fee.once you write to them stating you have applied for the student permit,they may likely extend the deadline for half payment for you.
You can use both sponsors depending on the state of their accounts.If the inflow and out flow plus the money idle in the account is good enough from your Dad,I guess he's your best bet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Odinwa(m): 9:34am On Feb 21, 2013
Odinwa: Good morning everybody, please I am a graduate of Biochemistry with a grade of 2.2, and I wanna go do my masters in Brock University, ontario (preferably Biotechnology). Please I would like to know if its advisable for me to go ahead and apply because of my grade or if you have any advice for me. Please I really need your advice. Thanks to you all.
Please am still waiting for your opinion, please answer me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by oparaochau: 9:54am On Feb 21, 2013
Pls can somebody help me,i want to apply for this Canadian immigration programme,pls i want to know the quikest and cheapest in application to do my masters and ACCA exam.Am waiting for reponse.Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 10:02am On Feb 21, 2013
Burningflamz:
@Kayce,calm down,Maple receıved same maıl yesterday,they just want to pıck your TRV and all other documents from VAC today and then send for you.
Well,ı know you wıll pıck your TRV tomorrow there and ı know a nıce spot where we can celebrate wıth you.No fear,Efosa and I would host you.
Amen and thanks for the humour, tink I rili needed it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kemdee: 10:09am On Feb 21, 2013
2years, 5months multiple entry, the duration of my program is one year anyways...I can't thank God enuf! grin

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Onyeoma3: 10:12am On Feb 21, 2013
Odinwa:

IMO bro,I advise you check out the admission requirements into the course you intend studying on the school's website,or better still write to the admissions office of the school as there might be special considerations (such as outstanding performance in your last 2 years of undergraduate studies) which they would let you know.

Alternatively,you can check out for universities/colleges that offer PGD programmes and start off from there. God willing,you'll still arrive at ur destination with determination on ur part.

My elders in the house and fellow forumites,Please rate my opimion as this is the 1st advice am proffering since I joined this GOD-SENT forum.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lus5(f): 10:14am On Feb 21, 2013
Congrat everyone that got accepted!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 10:17am On Feb 21, 2013
kemdee: 2years, 5months multiple entry, the duration of my program is one year anyways...I can't thank God enuf! grin
Dats awesome!!! Loads of blessings
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockar: 10:37am On Feb 21, 2013
@ Burningflamz, thanks......
But my dad is ready to pay now for d one semester Shuld i pay? or its just better i tell the skool that i am waiting for CDHC to direct me to pay because i see some nairalanders saying they pay for one semester b4 applying and was directed to pay d rest b4 getting trv. any advantage with dis?....

Im asking all this questions because there is nobody to advice me on trv xcept this forum. So pls bear with me. I really wanna get it right. Thanks. All advice is welcome
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jennyfar: 10:49am On Feb 21, 2013
Onye oma:

IMO bro,I advise you check out the admission requirements into the course you intend studying on the school's website,or better still write to the admissions office of the school as there might be special considerations (such as outstanding performance in your last 2 years of undergraduate studies) which they would let you know.

Alternatively,you can check out for universities/colleges that offer PGD programmes and start off from there. God willing,you'll still arrive at ur destination with determination on ur part.

My elders in the house and fellow forumites,Please rate my opimion as this is the 1st advice am proffering since I joined this GOD-SENT forum.

Ur right onye Oma, some skuls might even accept a second class lower, you just have to do a lot of research on the skuls and get in contact with someone from the Uni who can confirm if Ur eligible to apply, den u can go ahead, just make sure u apply to more than two skuls and by Gods grace one must click.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ulo123: 10:54am On Feb 21, 2013
Sure, Amen.

Many thanks to all that congratulated me...yours will surely come, and we will celebrate with you too, IJN!
Resumption is for May.

Burningflamz: If God can do ıt for you,sure He can and wıll do ıt for us all who share ın your joy.Congrats dear,go forth for our good and mercıful God ıs wıth you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pholubaba(m): 11:02am On Feb 21, 2013
pholubaba: hi y'all, i'm a silent observer of this trend and i must say its bin quite intresting. pls i'll like to knw whether tution fee is always refundable in full and how long. in case trv isnt issued...i'm applying to niagara college this september. ANYONE?

plssssss answer na!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 11:08am On Feb 21, 2013
pholubaba:

plssssss answer na!!!!

I dont think tuition fee is refundable in full. i believe they take a lil percentage, well at least that what i found out frm my school. u can find this out by checkin on the school that u applied to, check the website..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 11:24am On Feb 21, 2013
UpdatedList of Applicants through with Medicals, awaiting TRV

@Kayce 43 January 7th, Asaju, Lagos
@Kenniy January 8th , Ikoyi clinic
@mosquitoway January 19th, Asaju, lagos
@lus@5 February 5th, Abuja
@Iwinosajack February 15th Lagos

Thank God d calls have started rolling in....God is working

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Adexhat(m): 11:29am On Feb 21, 2013
Odinwa:
Like someone advised, you can check the requirements of the school, some school considers you last two sessions' result........what are ur CGPA in ur penultimate and final year? if u can give d answer, then i can tell if u meet up with UoM admission requirement or not....cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Odinwa(m): 11:52am On Feb 21, 2013
Adexhat:
Like someone advised, you can check the requirements of the school, some school considers you last two sessions' result........what are ur CGPA in ur penultimate and final year? if u can give d answer, then i can tell if u meet up with UoM admission requirement or not....cheers.
Thanks bro, but UoM doesn't offer masters in biotechnology.
Maybe I should start up with PGD in biotchnology, after that I can do my masters.
What do you guys think? Please I need your advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Odinwa(m): 11:57am On Feb 21, 2013
Please one more question: is it advisable to do a PGD programme in a college? I wanted to go for Advanced diploma course on Biotechnology Technician in Algonquin College but someone told me that its just a post secondary degree and not a post graduate degree. I even though there tuition will be cheaper cos its a college but it turns out to be very expensive.
Please brothers I need your advice on this. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cessna150(m): 12:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
RISE UP FROM WHERE YOU FELL AND KEEP MOVING, HAVE NO FEAR OR SORROW. BELIEVE GOD AND YOURSELF
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockar: 12:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
pholubaba:

plssssss answer na!!!!

I dont tink its in full. Lil percentage will be deducted b4 refund. Im also applying to naigara dis sept. I was directed to pay for 1st semester.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2013
cessna150: RISE UP FROM WHERE YOU FELL AND KEEP MOVING, HAVE NO FEAR OR SORROW. BELIEVE GOD AND YOURSELF
captain sir,hwfar wit ur application..have u dropped it oFf
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iwinosajack: 12:45pm On Feb 21, 2013
rockar: @ Burningflamz, thanks......
But my dad is ready to pay now for d one semester Shuld i pay? or its just better i tell the skool that i am waiting for CDHC to direct me to pay because i see some nairalanders saying they pay for one semester b4 applying and was directed to pay d rest b4 getting trv. any advantage with dis?....

Im asking all this questions because there is nobody to advice me on trv xcept this forum. So pls bear with me. I really wanna get it right. Thanks. All advice is welcome

Check d sch refund policy, if they will refund d full tuition fees in case TRV is denied, I will advice u pay for one semester to secure ur spot in d sch. But this dose not in any way influence VO's decision! In my case, I paid for 1 semester before I applied for TRV because my sch requested for it and wen I was called for medicals CDHC asked me to pay for anoda semester making a year tuition fees.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2013
grin grin
Burningflamz:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by oparaochau: 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2013
Please guys, can you please give me ideas, i know that some of you have done theirs, pls help me with contacts and steps involved please, thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ZionSpecie(m): 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2013
kemdee: My peoples, it is with joy in my heart that I announce that my study permit has been approved!!! My status changed this afternoon but I wanted to wait till I collect my package from VFS 2mao b4 I share the gudnew but I just got an email from the CDHC stating that my study permit has been approved...I thank the good Lord.

"It always seems impossible until it is done"
A heartfelt congratulations to you. I wish u all d best as we await call for medicals. God be with u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kemdee: 1:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
Thanks I pray that urs will come quickly IJN AMEN!

ZionSpecie:
A heartfelt congratulations to you. I wish u all d best as we await call for medicals. God be with u

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.