Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,477 members, 7,865,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:53 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513458 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by 2chains1(m): 4:01pm On Mar 04, 2013
earthgreeners: TEAM FALL 2013
1) owenklay : PG
2) galala123: PG
3) Goldie20: UG
4) ronakoks : PG
5) earthgreeners: PG (MB/SK/MUN)
6) kanayogod:UG (Lehtbridge)
7) freshdude: PG
8.) adim02: PG (Niagara) ******
9) jman77: UG (MUN)
10) dommakavelli: PG
11) bukahands: PG (MUN)
12) just_thinking: UG
13) mekusino: PG
14) blink6: UG
15) alezdegr8: PG
16) ezme: PG
17) efosa12345
18) *newacca: PG
19) Imadebaby: PG
20) rockar: PG (Niagara)
21) elkharpone: UG
22) emmatony: PG
23) vooz: PG (Saskatchewan)
24) accra2005: PG
25) seir405: PG (MUN, Sask.)
26) Emblem: PG (Lethbridge)
27) Burningflamz: PG
28) efewhao: UG (Windsor)
29) aduke02: PG
30) jennyfar: PG (Victoria, Ottawa)
31) mozo: PG(Royal road, Victoria)
32) xtus: PG(Georgian)
33) gbesunboke: PG (Fanshawe)
34) teexzle: PG (MUN)

NB: Those whose names are yet to be added should indicate their proposed program, level, University / college.

Last Update: 01/03/2013 07:03am

2-chains seneca college Toronto PG fall term!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 4:11pm On Mar 04, 2013
bullstriker: @siga
Pardon me.I have resent it.
...replied
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
Pls all. Like how much will be sufficient(acc balance) for applying for a graduate diploma in canada wit a tuition fee of $12000.will an acc balance of N5million be enuff?if not advise otherwise thankx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 9:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
fflowers: Finally, I found the part 3. Its not just becos Caanada is student friendly. It is also because, we r very wonderful people here. It is as if we were selected. Wonderful helpful people. I hope this brotherly love will continue ΐϞ Canada αη∂ we will iimpact their country positively.

I submitted to VAC on 14th May.
It got to CDHC on 15th May.
I tracked it online 12th June around 8:45am, no change, then around 9:30am, I tried again, andd my changed to-Please contact the Visa Application Centre for further instructions , your attention is required at the earliest.

I'm on my way to Lagos now, I'll keeep u guys posted. Thanks y'all.
Ebugirl, pls dear I need ur contact o.

Hopefully they will start responding to us again after just one month.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
Anyone here gat reply from either University of Manitoba or Memorial University of Newfoundland...as regards GRADUATE STUDIES (PG) admissions?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ZionSpecie(m): 10:26pm On Mar 04, 2013
Oga siga abeg I just sent u a mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
earthgreeners: Anyone here gat reply from either University of Manitoba or Memorial University of Newfoundland...as regards GRADUATE STUDIES (PG) admissions?

The last time I checked MUN... I W̶̲̥̅̊åS̤̈̊ told dat admission decision won't b reached until 2 months after deadline. Which is march 15th. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡, The lady told М̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ τ̅☺ chew until mid march or early April.

U̶̲̥̅̊ of R said D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥'ve sent applications τ̅☺ the departments on march 1st for review n it may take 2 weeks or more...S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ I shud wait till late march or Mid April cos they wud still send d decisions made by the dept τ̅☺ school of grad studies for anoda review.

Any update from sask?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
@ Bro siga n co..pls enlighten М̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ on dis. I W̶̲̥̅̊åS̤̈̊ told dat canadian govt give room for students τ̅☺ invite family n friends τ̅☺ canada during their convocation. Ow tru is dis pls?.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 11:31pm On Mar 04, 2013
dommakavelli: @ Bro siga n co..pls enlighten М̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ on dis. I W̶̲̥̅̊åS̤̈̊ told dat canadian govt give room for students τ̅☺ invite family n friends τ̅☺ canada during their convocation. Ow tru is dis pls?.
....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh .......believe that when I tell u say na my Papa own MMA.... iro nla....dont believe that oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by waliezi(m): 11:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
efosa12345: I am a prospective student of Lambton too just got revised offer letter, PG HRM, when are u planning to submit to cdhc?
as soon as i get my papers ready.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by waliezi(m): 11:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Lambton is in Sarnia, Ontario . . . Not a bad place to be, but if you are coming from Lagos and you are an up and going individual, you will have to adjust to a quiet lifestyle cos not as busy as you might have been used to, however, coming for schooling - it could be a good thing for you then, cos you will have enough time to read and study.
Employment? I am not so sure of what kinda opportunity are there for you, but you should be fine to find something to hold body together, but will advice that you come with enuf money to take care of you - just in case.
Cost of living: It is not as high as in Toronto, but not as cheap as a bush either
Hope this helps.
yaa sure! Thks alot. Bt would prefer a buzy area where i can easly get a job as i study. Where wil u recomend? D college claim 2hav an employment asisstance centre. Can it work?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 7:49am On Mar 05, 2013
@all,has any one confirmed if CDHC has started receiving study permit applications online?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rashypep(m): 8:53am On Mar 05, 2013
lucky Don: @all,has any one confirmed if CDHC has started receiving study permit applications online?

Yes sure, am also submitting my application online via d site.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 8:59am On Mar 05, 2013
rashypep:

How D̶̲̥̅̊☺ we submit supporting documents.. Statement of acc, etc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 9:05am On Mar 05, 2013
rashypep:

pls how did u do it?whats your email?pls let me know?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:17am On Mar 05, 2013
What do you think about the Online application?...
Is it for real?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 9:25am On Mar 05, 2013
rashypep:

Pls let us know when you have successfully completed the online application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 9:32am On Mar 05, 2013
earthgreeners: What do you think about the Online application?...
Is it for real?

if true, then the Canadian embassy will be the first to start this initiative, when the likes of US ,UK and Italy all request physical documentation first before details are uploaded on their data base. I hope to be proved wrong, but I still feel its for people who want to renew while in canada. But make person complete am online first.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rashypep(m): 9:43am On Mar 05, 2013
mozo:

Pls let us know when you have successfully completed the online application.

Already started... I should be thru in couple of weeks. here is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp?s=1
you will need to create a user ID and Password which will link you to the application form
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rashypep(m): 9:47am On Mar 05, 2013
dommakavelli:

How D̶̲̥̅̊☺ we submit supporting documents.. Statement of acc, etc

I bet, you are to scan all doc. and get it uploaded, i am not on that section yet, but there is a field provided for the proof of financial means, which will be uploaded
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rashypep(m): 9:49am On Mar 05, 2013
lucky Don: pls how did u do it?whats your email?pls let me know?

I am just started in filling the online application form. you can add me on coolguy_rash@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rashypep(m): 9:49am On Mar 05, 2013
lucky Don: pls how did u do it?whats your email?pls let me know?

I am just starting to filling the online application form. you can add me on coolguy_rash@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 9:56am On Mar 05, 2013
rashypep:

I am just starting to filling the online application form. you can add me on coolguy_rash@yahoo.com

Added..pls accept
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 10:15am On Mar 05, 2013
rashypep:

Already started... I should be thru in couple of weeks. here is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp?s=1
you will need to create a user ID and Password which will link you to the application form

Ok. Because there was a time I tried this say last year, created an account online and all that, before dem come talk say na to renew and I should visit my visa office in my region. Hopefully they've sorted it out. I've already submitted at vac, but do let us know your outcome. Thanks and all the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 10:44am On Mar 05, 2013
bumdish:
@deebla, while your approach sounds cool it would result in a natural RED flag. If I where the VO,I would start looking for holes to flaw this move, cos it would be hard to find a father who will deposit such an amount into a child's account well in advance before school starts. What exactly is the father trying to achieve here. If you must go this route, then you should be ready to show that there is nothing obviously abnormal in this move. Like showing that your dad regularly deposits such amount in your account or that he has done something similar in the past and he is willing to do it again or that he has so much money depositing 6M in your account even when you do not immediatly have need of it wouldn't hurt his cash flow. And very importantly, you most be ready to show that the money actually moved directly from your fathers account into your own account, meaning you will need to produce your statement as while as your dads' reflecting a synchronization.
In summary, if you ask me, I think it might do more harm than good. Anyhow, that's my thought, you asked for it.

I am interested in this issue of transferring the money into the account of the child/student. In my own case, my sponsor is my community and my uncle in my first application that was denied but my uncle will pay for everything, the reason i dint use my uncle alone was because his account wasn't that bouyant then but now he just sold one of his properties worth around 70M. My school fees, accomodation and feeding is 8M and before selling the property he had around 10M in his account. What if he transfers the 8M to my account, i pay full tuition from my account and leave the remaining as accomodation and living expenses in my own account, then get the account details of both mine and his own acct after paying the tuition fees and submit. Any danger in this? Please comment.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 11:17am On Mar 05, 2013
rashypep:

I am just started in filling the online application form. you can add me on coolguy_rash@yahoo.com

Online payment is real, just checked it now. I've filled some few forms and answered some few questions. Will log in later to finish up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by twizer(f): 11:39am On Mar 05, 2013
earthgreeners: Anyone here gat reply from either University of Manitoba or Memorial University of Newfoundland...as regards GRADUATE STUDIES (PG) admissions?

i sent them a mail last week. they replied that i am still under review.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by twizer(f): 11:43am On Mar 05, 2013

i sent a mail to graduate admissions office, U of M, i was told that i m still under review. they also said that i will be notified by e mail once a decision is made on my file.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ZionSpecie(m): 12:21pm On Mar 05, 2013
I'm still wondering why Masters program wuld be 3 yrs. Pretty much! It's 1yr or at worse 18months in most countries - even Nigeria
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2013
ZionSpecie: I'm still wondering why Masters program wuld be 3 yrs. Pretty much! It's 1yr or at worse 18months in most countries - even Nigeria

Masters is not 3years. It's 1year for a course based masters and 2years for a Research based masters.

Get your facts right.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2013
ZionSpecie: I'm still wondering why Masters program wuld be 3 yrs. Pretty much! It's 1yr or at worse 18months in most countries - even Nigeria
which school is that?i know most canadian schools dont exceed 2 years for masters
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:32pm On Mar 05, 2013
twizer: I sent a mail to graduate admissions office, U of M, i was told that i m still under review. they also said that i will be notified by e mail once a decision is made on my file.

Got the same response.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.