Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,598 members, 7,865,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:18 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513474 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 4:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
In case of sponsorship from your
relative, family friend, brother or sister, dad or mum, the sponsor letter should not be of typical kind; instead it should clearly mention that
•why your sponsor is sponsoring you?
•what are the sources of his income?
•how much children he has?
•why he’s taking so much care of you
by giving you this big amount.

Sponsor letter should be specific and should clearly state if it is loan or reward of your services or something else. If it’s loan, it should specify that on
what terms you and your sponsor agree to repay this loan. In short, your sponsor should justify his sponsorship to you in his sponsor letter.

In case of company, if it has partner, then sponsor letter should given by the mutual consent of all of the partner should be signed by all of them. In case
it has partners but a managing director holds the major operations, it should be from managing director with only his signature.
Again sponsor letter should justify why the company is sponsoring you. And you’ll have to attach company official documents (i.e. registration, partnership deed, business docs etc)

You can have multiple sponsors, one for each expense category, like one sponsoring your living expenses and other sponsoring your accommodation and so on. You’ll need the bank
statements and other evidences from each sponsor.

If someone is sponsoring your accommodation in CANDA, he should give the exact details of his home and rooms and other accommodation related detail. Ask your CANADA sponsor to acquire valid CANADA procedure to sponsor you.

It is advisable that you arrange some accommodation before applying for visa. Some university can help you in matters like this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 4:19pm On Mar 03, 2013
.....MY BIG QUESTION.....
What is the limit of the number of sponsors?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Aduke02(f): 4:23pm On Mar 03, 2013
jenkord:

PG (UWO)
. . . i also applied to UWO for PG. Have you gotten your admission decision already?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bullstriker: 4:25pm On Mar 03, 2013
@siga and earthgreeners,u got mail.Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:09pm On Mar 03, 2013
bullstriker: @siga and earthgreeners,u got mail.Thanks.
Replied
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 03, 2013
@ Aduke02. Yes I have received an admission decision.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 03, 2013
Pls wen is winter application starting.I'm currently on NYSC and will be done by october.I studied electrical/electronics engineering with CGPA of 3.57/5.Can any1 recommend a university for me for my PG.Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deebla: 5:31pm On Mar 03, 2013
lucky Don: my popsi's union bank accot enjoys a reasonable cash flow but why i didnt use it was because we are five siblings and i reasoned dat the VO may refuse my app on financial grounds.the acct was around 4 million when i applied.i want to ask a question pls;if i apply again and fill in the family info form that i am the only child of my parents,will cdhc notice it since i have filled that we were five in number?

Pls don't lie about it, they already av ur data. Don't toil with life ban
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seyidollar4real: 5:53pm On Mar 03, 2013
[quote author=xtus]In case of sponsorship from your relative, family friend, brother or sister, dad or mum, the sponsor letter should not be of typical kind; instead it should clearly mention that •why your sponsor is sponsoring you? •what are the sources of his income? •how much children he has? •why he’s taking so much care of you by giving you this big amount. Sponsor letter should be specific and should clearly state if it is loan or reward of your services or something else. If it’s loan, it should specify that on what terms you and your sponsor agree to repay this loan. In short, your sponsor should justify his sponsorship to you in his sponsor letter. In case of company, if it has partner, then sponsor letter should given by the mutual consent of all of the partner should be signed by all of them. In case it has partners but a managing director holds the major operations, it should be from managing director with only his signature. Again sponsor letter should justify why the comp
nice job my chairman. I will like to send u email, whats ur email?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deebla: 6:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
I need suggestions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deebla: 6:08pm On Mar 03, 2013
Pls house, help me look at this idea in the area of sponsorship. Is it a good idea if, in the case of a parent e.g father sponsoring a child, the father sends like 6million naira to the child's account at once. And then, the father writing a letter stating that he wishes to give all that the child needs at once for the successful stay in Canada. For example if tuition for PG programme plus 10000dols plus flight ticket will amount to about 5.5 million or so?

I just thought of it and I felt it is fair enough. But I need to know the thought of pple who have had the experience, whether it is allowed or not... Bearing in mind that application formats or packaging is not a one-way thing... It could be diverse.

Pls house, ur opinions are welcome
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:13pm On Mar 03, 2013
datovid :
Pls wen is winter application starting.I'm currently on NYSC and will be done by october.I studied electrical/electronics engineering with CGPA of 3.57/5.Can any1 recommend a university for me for my PG.Thanks

My friend you are running late....
Most winter application Deadlines are between April and June
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 6:18pm On Mar 03, 2013
[quote author=seyidollar4real][/quote]

U can send me an email thru my profile page and I will respond back @ u asap
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sampitts(m): 6:19pm On Mar 03, 2013
kayce43: @sampitts hav u done medicals ? So I will add u to the list...
Not yet. Still waiting for their call
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 6:22pm On Mar 03, 2013
deebla: Pls house, help me look at this idea in the area of sponsorship. Is it a good idea if, in the case of a father sponsoring a child, the father sends like 6million naira to the child's account at once. And then, the father writing a letter that stating that he wishes to give all that the child needs at one for for the successful stay in Canada. For example if tuition for PG programme plus 10000dols plus flight ticket will amount to about 5.5 million or so?

I just thought of it and I felt it is fair enough. But I need to the thought of pple who have had the experience, whether it is allowed or not... Bearing in mind that application formats or packaging is not a one-way thing... It could be diverse.

Pls house, I need ur opinions

Ur idea is not dat far from mine. Is a good idea to me. All u got to do is for ur sponsor (dad) to state dat in his sponsorship letter and also provide a good bank statement too jus to show his own financial capability. If ur school requires u to pay any installmental fee, plz plz plz...... Do pay it b4 applying for ur trv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deebla: 6:34pm On Mar 03, 2013
xtus:

Ur idea is not dat far from mine. Is a good idea to me. All u got to do is for ur sponsor (dad) to state dat in his sponsorship letter and also provide a good bank statement too jus to show his own financial capability. If ur school requires u to pay any installmental fee, plz plz plz...... Do pay it b4 applying for ur trv

Really? Ok thanks. Have U done medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 6:39pm On Mar 03, 2013
deebla:

Really? Ok thanks. Have U done medicals?

Nope...... Got shot by cdhc, so am gathering my stuff to refire d gun back @ dem dis tym around.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 7:04pm On Mar 03, 2013
deebla: Pls house, help me look at this idea in the area of sponsorship. Is it a good idea if, in the case of a parent e.g father sponsoring a child, the father sends like 6million naira to the child's account at once. And then, the father writing a letter stating that he wishes to give all that the child needs at once for the successful stay in Canada. For example if tuition for PG programme plus 10000dols plus flight ticket will amount to about 5.5 million or so?

I just thought of it and I felt it is fair enough. But I need to know the thought of pple who have had the experience, whether it is allowed or not... Bearing in mind that application formats or packaging is not a one-way thing... It could be diverse.

....Its not a bad idea...but its very important to still fulfil CDHC requirements which one of is the 6months bank statement....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Huzzie: 8:42pm On Mar 03, 2013
sampitts: Not yet. Still waiting for their call
When did you apply for TRV, so that ΐ can update Iτ̅ apporpriately.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deebla: 9:36pm On Mar 03, 2013
Siga: ....Its not a bad idea...but its very important to still fulfil CDHC requirements which one of is the 6months bank statement....

Oga Siga, thanks but I need clarification. Are U talking about 6month bank statement for the parent's account or the child's account? Cos as I said, I tot it that the money will be dropped at once by the parent and its possible that the child has relatively no money b4. Or are U talking about the parent's account? Must it be submitted with d application despite the fact that he has transferred the money already?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:24pm On Mar 03, 2013
deebla: Pls don't lie about it, they already av ur data. Don't toil with life ban

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Huzzie: 10:32pm On Mar 03, 2013
TEAM SPRING/SUMMER 2013

1. Huzzie PG Brock Jan 21
2. Olufemi14 PG conestoga college awaiting TRV
3. Kayce43 PG Conestoga awaiting TRV
4. Zionspecie PG UNBC awaiting TRV
5. Iwinosajack ? awaiting TRV
6. Sampitts PG Queensu ?

N.B- If you have a May start date please indicate. You would have to indicate your level, university/college and submission date.

Updated list.

For: SUMMER/SPRING APPLICANT
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
@all Fall 2013 applicant, I am thinking of introducing a Pre-VO assesment of study permit applications with @siga as the VO..
And probably @fhemmy or @earthgreeners as the assistant VO....

This would enable us assess our supporting documents prior to submission of application.

We would take turn to list all documents we are about to submit stating clearly our sponsor, academic background (including CGPA) and all other documents.

Applications would be treated as it is posted (First come, first serve)

What do you guys think?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Aduke02(f): 11:02pm On Mar 03, 2013
jenkord: @ Aduke02. Yes I have received an admission decision.
Ok,that's great! congrats!what program did you apply to? i applied to the LLM program and was told to wait till mid-March for their decision.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 11:10pm On Mar 03, 2013
earthgreeners: @all Fall 2013 applicant, I am thinking of introducing a Pre-VO assesment of study permit applications with @siga as the VO..
And probably @fhemmy or @earthgreeners as the assistant VO....

This would enable us assess our supporting documents prior to submission of application.

We would take turn to list all documents we are about to submit stating clearly our sponsor, academic background (including CGPA) and all other documents.

Applications would be treated as it is posted (First come, first serve)

What do you guys think?

Nice idea bro..........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by gbesunboke: 12:36am On Mar 04, 2013
xtus:

Nice idea bro..........
nice one my brother
i think i should start with my document to be submitteddis month
1.Application forms
2.my international passport
3.my Original Unad Certificate Beng
4.my Academic Transcript (CGPA 3.0)PGD Programme
5.my Waec Certificate Oirginal
6.birth Certificate
7.Nysc certificate
8.Nisp professional Certificate
9.letterof reference from my Boss
10.letter of admission from Fanshawe College Ontaria London
11.my Resume
12.police clearance certificate from Alagbon
13.affidavit of support from my sponsor in Nigeria '
14.6 month payslip from my sponsor in uk and Nigeria
15.sponsor statement of Account for the Uk and Nigeria Sponsor
16.letter of introduction from Stanbic Ibtc bank for Nigeria sponsor and letter from London stock Exchange from second Sponsor from uk
17.stanbic ibct coloured ID card for Nigeria sponsor
18.Nigeria sponsor tax-card
19.picture of me and my two brother during his wedding from UK
20.copies of siblings internatinal passport data page photocopy
21.statement of purpose
these are all the document i have for my application to be submitted by 20 March 2013.after dis CAC Ori oke Baba Ibiye in EDE lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 1:01am On Mar 04, 2013
gbesunboke: nice one my brother
1.Application forms
6.birth Certificate
7.Nysc certificate
11.my Resume
16.letter of introduction from Stanbic Ibtc bank for Nigeria sponsor and letter from London stock Exchange from second Sponsor from uk
21.statement of purpose
these are all the document i have for my application to be submitted by 20 March 2013.after dis CAC Ori oke Baba Ibiye in EDE lol

No financial aid...na wao for Ontario.U good though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 1:31am On Mar 04, 2013
deebla:

Oga Siga, thanks but I need clarification. Are U talking about 6month bank statement for the parent's account or the child's account? Cos as I said, I tot it that the money will be dropped at once by the parent and its possible that the child has relatively no money b4. Or are U talking about the parent's account? Must it be submitted with d application despite the fact that he has transferred the money already?
...based on their requirements...they want to see 6 months bank statement of whichever acct u are submitting....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 2:53am On Mar 04, 2013
deebla: Pls house, help me look at this idea in the area of sponsorship. Is it a good idea if, in the case of a parent e.g father sponsoring a child, the father sends like 6million naira to the child's account at once. And then, the father writing a letter stating that he wishes to give all that the child needs at once for the successful stay in Canada. For example if tuition for PG programme plus 10000dols plus flight ticket will amount to about 5.5 million or so?

@deebla, while your approach sounds cool it would result in a natural RED flag. If I where the VO,I would start looking for holes to flaw this move, cos it would be hard to find a father who will deposit such an amount into a child's account well in advance before school starts. What exactly is the father trying to achieve here. If you must go this route, then you should be ready to show that there is nothing obviously abnormal in this move. Like showing that your dad regularly deposits such amount in your account or that he has done something similar in the past and he is willing to do it again or that he has so much money depositing 6M in your account even when you do not immediatly have need of it wouldn't hurt his cash flow. And very importantly, you most be ready to show that the money actually moved directly from your fathers account into your own account, meaning you will need to produce your statement as while as your dads' reflecting a synchronization.
In summary, if you ask me, I think it might do more harm than good. Anyhow, that's my thought, you asked for it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 3:12am On Mar 04, 2013
1.Application forms
4.my Academic Transcript (2:1)PGD Programme
6.birth Certificate
7.Nysc certificate
11.my Resume
14.6 month payslip from my sponsor in abroad and Nigeria
15.sponsor statement of Account for the abroad and Nigeria Sponsor
16.letter of introduction from a reputable place of work for Nigeria sponsor and letter from a reputable place of work from second Sponsor from abroad
17.Sponsor's reputable place of work coloured ID card for Nigeria sponsor
19.picture of me and my two brother during his wedding from Abroad
21.statement of purpose

Your packaging looks cool to me. The only thing I can not see here is your employment history. Since you would be getting a letter from your boss, you probably would have filled some employment details in the form. I guess you need to support that claim with some document like an employment letter etc. Also, I would expect to see your account statement showing up here (at least to show your salary income). I hope I am not complicating matters for you sha.

Just an observation for you and others who would subsequently be posting their list of document, please lets apply some discretion. I have edited your post in my quote, you may want to do same to your earlier post. Too much info in a faceless public domain as this is definitley not healthy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 4:02am On Mar 04, 2013
@ gbesunboke: you might also want to make sure your sponsors' letters of support are tailored to reflect the many pointers already given in this forum, so that it makes sense that they are stepping forward to sponsor you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 4:27am On Mar 04, 2013
1.Application forms
6.birth Certificate
7.Nysc certificate
11.my Resume
21.statement of purpose

Who is ur sponsor and hw many siblings are u listing on ur family composition form?

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.