Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (511038 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Ceejay2: 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2013
@all d big bros (oga siga, oga phemmy) n gurus in d ouse I throway salute, all awaitin TRV congrats in advance, all awaiting medicals congrats in advance too. All that were denied d lord is our strength cos I'm also a victim. I applied last year sept had only jan start date but was denied on financial grounds (financial sustainability) only. Well to b frank I knew but I was praying cos I was goin for UG U of S business economics and which is a 4 year prog. But now I intend refiring . Abeg bros, @kaycea43 n @olufemi14 I intend applying to conestoga college pls what's their req as in grade(2.2, third class or pass) tried checkin on ur website but itz not there also what supportin docs do they require n do I need to send it my post or online via mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sampitts(m): 7:27pm On Mar 02, 2013
Huzzie: TEAM SPRING/SUMMER 2013

1. Huzzie PG Brock Jan 21
2. Olufemi14 PG conestoga college awaiting TRV
3. Kayce43 PG Conestoga awaiting TRV
4. Zionspecie PG UNBC awaiting TRV
5. Iwinosajack ? awaiting TRV
6. Sampitts. Msc Queensu. Awaiting TRV
N.B- If you have a May start date please indicate. You would have to indicate your level, university/college and submission date.

Updated list.

For: SUMMER/SPRING APPLICANT
i have a may start
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sampitts(m): 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2013
Huzzie: TEAM SPRING/SUMMER 2013

6. Sampitts. Msc Queensu. Awaiting TRV
N.B- If you have a May start date please indicate. You would have to indicate your level, university/college and submission date.

Updated list.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Huzzie: 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2013
TEAM SPRING/SUMMER 2013

6. Sampitts Msc Queensu Awaiting TRV

Updated list.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 7:52pm On Mar 02, 2013
earthgreeners:

Bros na 2weeks oooo, and the best place to send is NAHCO Aviance (Hajj Camp) or MMA....

But if u get money , you can use courier......

I used nipost in abeokuta n it took 7 working days..
They render 2 services..Nipost ordinary n Nipost registered..i used d registered
A day in abeokuta
A day in lagos
5 days or less within canada..

I tipped d postman τ̅☺ work on it asap n he gave М̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ d analysis...cos D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ may delay d package in dere branch before they send it τ̅☺ (lagos office) where it W̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̝̊̅ ̄ι̥ι̥ ßε̲̣̣̣̥ sent τ̅☺ canny...meanwhile custom check may delay if one is unlucky..dis can happen if U̶̲̥̅̊ use private mails too.

Note: the sch may not contact U̶̲̥̅̊ immediately they got d package, but they'll let U̶̲̥̅̊ know the actual date it W̶̲̥̅̊åS̤̈̊ delivered...S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ frm my calculation it took 7 working days
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockar: 9:03pm On Mar 02, 2013
Siga: ...Oga Sir...replied

Thanks boss. GOD BLESS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockar: 9:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
Ceejay2: @all d big bros (oga siga, oga phemmy) n gurus in d ouse I throway salute, all awaitin TRV congrats in advance, all awaiting medicals congrats in advance too. All that were denied d lord is our strength cos I'm also a victim. I applied last year sept had only jan start date but was denied on financial grounds (financial sustainability) only. Well to b frank I knew but I was praying cos I was goin for UG U of S business economics and which is a 4 year prog. But now I intend refiring . Abeg bros, @kaycea43 n @olufemi14 I intend applying to conestoga college pls what's their req as in grade(2.2, third class or pass) tried checkin on ur website but itz not there also what supportin docs do they require n do I need to send it my post or online via mail

Im not sure about the grade, but i applied to conestoga and was given an admission last week. Its just that i aint going there cos i was given a better related course at niagara.

I applied with a 2.2. I think 3rd class too will be considered. I only sent university transcript via post and later i was sent an email to send my school cert. I scanned the cert and i sent it thru email. That was all i sent and i was given admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockar: 9:11pm On Mar 02, 2013
Pls is the online application working now? Pls let us all know....... shocked
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Odinwa(m): 9:46pm On Mar 02, 2013
jennyfar:

You have to send them copies of Ur docs, u can certify dem in court. Ur transcript, degree cert, waec cert, statement of intent/personal statement, cv if applicable, u can use DHL or FedEx.
Thanks bro! Won't they accept my documents without certification in court?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Odinwa(m): 9:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
dommakavelli:

You can send tru NIPOST too for less than 1k...it shuld get their in less than 10 working days..
But if U̶̲̥̅̊ send it @ nipost in MMA, it won't take 5 dayz before it is delivered.
Av used them more than 4 times
Thanks bro! Please what's MMA and where is there branch in Lagos?
2ndly can I send my application fee along with the documents or should I transfer it in the bank?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 9:59pm On Mar 02, 2013
@ceejay2, rockar just hit d nail on d head, it was exactly d same documents I sent n I was granted admission, I knw they accept 2:2, but I dunno abt 3rd class...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jennyfar: 10:01pm On Mar 02, 2013
[quote author=Odinwa]
Thanks bro! Won't they accept my documents without certification in court

I think they will, some schools ask for original transcripts, if u have dat u can give dem, but the certification is just covering all bases. I be woman o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jennyfar: 10:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
Siga: .....When u think about these CDHC guys wahala.....we have seen people with N5m issued and also guys with N50m denied.....I will say ensure u have enough money to cover ur tuition, living and spending....and maybe an extra $10,000....pretty much anything over N6m to N7m will do...plus investments ....

Thanks Oga, God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 10:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
@sampitts hav u done medicals ? So I will add u to the list...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by teexzle: 10:24pm On Mar 02, 2013
Hw much is tuition
rockar:

Im not sure about the grade, but i applied to conestoga and was given an admission last week. Its just that i aint going there cos i was given a better related course at niagara.

I applied with a 2.2. I think 3rd class too will be considered. I only sent university transcript via post and later i was sent an email to send my school cert. I scanned the cert and i sent it thru email. That was all i sent and i was given admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:26pm On Mar 02, 2013
dommakavelli:

I used nipost in abeokuta n it took between 7 working days ..
They render 2 services..Nipost ordinary n Nipost registered..i used d registered
A day in abeokuta
A day in lagos
5 days or less within canada..

I tipped d postman τ̅☺ work on it asap n he gave М̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ d analysis...cos D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ may delay d package in dere branch before they send it τ̅☺ (lagos office) where it W̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̝̊̅ ̄ι̥ι̥ ßε̲̣̣̣̥ sent τ̅☺ canny...meanwhile custom check may delay if one is unlucky..dis can happen if U̶̲̥̅̊ use private mails too.

Note: the sch may not contact U̶̲̥̅̊ immediately they got d package, but they'll let U̶̲̥̅̊ know the actual date it W̶̲̥̅̊åS̤̈̊ delivered...S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ frm my calculation it took 7 working days

Remember all my documents were sent from abeokuta (UNAAB and SAPON branch) as well...except for some I sent at Nahco Aviance and MMA.....
Do you know you can track with ur registration number on receipt (RR***********NG) at www.canadapost.com...from the history of my tracking, it takes about 10 working days (btw 7-12 working days), although some were delivered faster i.e exactly 7working days....

I know how it works Bros...I even have phone number of NIPOST Customer care incase they change tracking number.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olufemi14(m): 10:30pm On Mar 02, 2013
@ceejay2: I don't really kno. But if u av a gud performance in ur last 4 semesters n u ended up wit 3rd class. I tink u can b considered. D reason y skuls in canada ask 4 transcripts is 2 kno ur performance year afta year nt d overall.. Let tk 4 example a guy got A parallel in his Waec result afta doin runs and d transcripts from ss1-ss3 shows below average.. I bet u he won't b considered 4 admission in canada based on the transcripts nt Waec result.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by gbesunboke: 10:37pm On Mar 02, 2013
earthgreeners:

hmmm,
IMO, I think getting a reference letter from them is a good idea. Just to show that you are employed.....

Bros, how do I get NISP certification (EMS), and how much?...
you can get Nisp Certicate just google Nisp and you will see all der prpgramme for the yyear but aleast 35k depend on your course of study,\but NISP office is at Ikeja wemabod esate after not far from Tower Aluminium
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
Odinwa:
2ndly can I send my application fee along with the documents or should I transfer it in the bank?

MMA means Muritala Muhammed Airport.....

You can go to any of the two place below...they are both around the airport...

1) NIPOST at Nahco Aviance
Board a bus going to Airport road, drop at last bus-stop (NAHCO), ask of hajj camp (Cargo terminal) or NAHCO aviance.....The entrance is painted yellow (MTN) opposite Toll gate.....If anyone challenge you tell them you are going to Post Office

2) NIPOST at MMIA
Find your way to the International Airport.... When you are at the Airport, enter through the Arrival lounge (2nd Entrance)...you would see NIPOST/EMS office directly as you enter..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:10pm On Mar 02, 2013
Odinwa:

Don't send application fee tru mail...U̶̲̥̅̊ should ßε̲̣̣̣̥ able τ̅☺ pay online wit credit/debit card. Check Ɣ☺Your school website n read about the application procedures very well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:17pm On Mar 02, 2013
earthgreeners:

Remember all my documents were sent from abeokuta (UNAAB and SAPON branch) as well...except for some I sent at Nahco Aviance and MMA.....
Do you know you can track with ur registration number on receipt (RR***********NG) at www.canadapost.com...from the history of my tracking, it takes about 10 working days (btw 7-12 working days), although some were delivered faster i.e exactly 7working days....

I know how it works Bros...I even have phone number of NIPOST Customer care incase they change tracking number.....

Bros, shey na egba U̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ stay ni? We fit hook up anytime i enta egba n rub minds..maybe wen we're about τ̅☺ apply for TRV...what D̶̲̥̅̊☺ U̶̲̥̅̊ tink?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olufemi14(m): 11:39pm On Mar 02, 2013
@earthgreener: so u b ex-unaabite, dat kul. Same wit 2010 set,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by usdane: 3:34am On Mar 03, 2013
Hi guys, I want 2 to defer a little bit. There is a particular scholarship that i wish to apply for. Meanwhile, there are different requirements specified for each country. Im a Nigerian but i do not use a Nigerian passport due to the fact that im eligible to use my Mother's country passport which is different from Nigeria. I was also born in that particular country. So i hold that particular country's Int' Passprt. Now, back to the matter, JAMB (Joint admission and matricularion board), is one of the requirements for NIGERIAN STUDENTS WHO WISH TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP. But it's not a requiremet for student coming from the country which i hold a passport. However, i schooled here in Nigeria and hold Nigerian school papers. So my question is, should i apply with just the WAEC result and other docs which is required from the country of my passport or i have to get the docs asked from Nigerian students includin Jamb (which i dnt have nw)since my school papers originated from here? Thanks, waiting eagerly for ur responses/ideas/advices
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Ceejay2: 8:28am On Mar 03, 2013
@Rockar, @Olufemi14, @Kayce43: broos dem, gd mornin I hail oo una too much thnx for the contribution. So all I need submit is jus d uni transcript n degree cert only no CV, waec cert letter of intent etc. Abeg was it a naira master card (GTB or FCMB) u used in payin for d applc n tuition fees as well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by biolabee(m): 11:11am On Mar 03, 2013
usdane: Hi guys, I want 2 to defer a little bit. There is a particular scholarship that i wish to apply for. Meanwhile, there are different requirements specified for each country. Im a Nigerian but i do not use a Nigerian passport due to the fact that im eligible to use my Mother's country passport which is different from Nigeria. I was also born in that particular country. So i hold that particular country's Int' Passprt. Now, back to the matter, JAMB (Joint admission and matricularion board), is one of the requirements for NIGERIAN STUDENTS WHO WISH TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP. But it's not a requiremet for student coming from the country which i hold a passport. However, i schooled here in Nigeria and hold Nigerian school papers. So my question is, should i apply with just the WAEC result and other docs which is required from the country of my passport or i have to get the docs asked from Nigerian students includin Jamb (which i dnt have nw)since my school papers originated from here? Thanks, waiting eagerly for ur responses/ideas/advices

why dont u call the org n find out if bi racial kids can apply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bullstriker: 11:47am On Mar 03, 2013
@earthgreeners,
Pls what your e-mail addy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bullstriker: 12:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
@all
I am a secondary school holder;out of school for 7yrs(has been doing biz since then)
My first two study permit application of which I was denied, I went for nursing. The third one was business administration. I submitted the following docs in my previous application:
-All the application forms
-All I.D's of my parents and siblings(all reside in Nigeria)
-My father's landed properties and shares(some are in my name)
-Father's affidavit of sponsorship
-WAEC certificate
-TOEFL (score 92)
-bank statement of account of my dad(sponsor) ending 5million plus with good transactions.
-father's business registration
-statement of purpose.
-police clearance cert
-Int'l passport(no travel history).

Please house,your wise input is highly needed.As this is probably my last application for study permit.
Note:I want to go back to nursing this fourth time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 03, 2013
earthgreeners: TEAM FALL 2013
1) owenklay : PG
2) galala123: PG
3) Goldie20: UG
4) ronakoks : PG
5) earthgreeners: PG (MB/SK/MUN)
6) kanayogod:UG (Lehtbridge)
7) freshdude: PG
8.) adim02: PG (Niagara) ******
9) jman77: UG (MUN)
10) dommakavelli: PG
11) bukahands: PG (MUN)
12) just_thinking: UG
13) mekusino: PG
14) blink6: UG
15) alezdegr8: PG
16) ezme: PG
17) efosa12345
18) *newacca: PG
19) Imadebaby: PG
20) rockar: PG (Niagara)
21) elkharpone: UG
22) emmatony: PG
23) vooz: PG (Saskatchewan)
24) accra2005: PG
25) seir405: PG (MUN, Sask.)
26) Emblem: PG (Lethbridge)
27) Burningflamz: PG
28) efewhao: UG (Windsor)
29) aduke02: PG
30) jennyfar: PG (Victoria, Ottawa)
31) mozo: PG(Royal road, Victoria)
32) xtus: PG(Georgian)
33) gbesunboke: PG (Fanshawe)
34) teexzle: PG (MUN)
35) twizer: PG (Saskatchewan)
36) bullstriker: PG
37) luckyDon: PG
38) jimmyjerry07: PG (Manitoba)
39) seyidollar: UG (MUN)

NB: Those whose names are yet to be added should indicate their level, University / college.

Last Update: 02/03/2013 05:38pm

PG (UWO)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
olufemi14: @earthgreener: so u b ex-unaabite, dat kul. Same wit 2010 set,

EMT, 2011
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:39pm On Mar 03, 2013
dommakavelli: Bros, shey na egba U̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ stay ni? We fit hook up anytime i enta egba n rub minds..maybe wen we're about τ̅☺ apply for TRV...what D̶̲̥̅̊☺ U̶̲̥̅̊ tink?

Should be in abeokuta by Mid/Late March....PM your phone number...
earthgreeners@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 2:18pm On Mar 03, 2013
@ceejay2 I applied using an agency so I rili dunno wat they used in paying, but I believe any card u use in paying 4 stuffs online can do it like a mastercard...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deebla: 2:36pm On Mar 03, 2013
earthgreeners: TEAM FALL 2013
1) owenklay : PG
2) galala123: PG
3) Goldie20: UG
4) ronakoks : PG
5) earthgreeners: PG (MB/SK/MUN)
6) kanayogod:UG (Lehtbridge)
7) freshdude: PG
8.) adim02: PG (Niagara) ******
9) jman77: UG (MUN)
10) dommakavelli: PG
11) bukahands: PG (MUN)
12) just_thinking: UG
13) mekusino: PG
14) blink6: UG
15) alezdegr8: PG
16) ezme: PG
17) efosa12345
18) *newacca: PG
19) Imadebaby: PG
20) rockar: PG (Niagara)
21) elkharpone: UG
22) emmatony: PG
23) vooz: PG (Saskatchewan)
24) accra2005: PG
25) seir405: PG (MUN, Sask.)
26) Emblem: PG (Lethbridge)
27) Burningflamz: PG
28) efewhao: UG (Windsor)

NB: Those whose names are yet to be added should indicate their proposed program, level, University / college.

Last Update: 28/02/2013 06:00pm

PG (Concordia Uni college). I have my admission letters already at hand

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.