Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,543 members, 7,850,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:56 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (512373 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iamsaheed(m): 2:34am On Mar 07, 2013
@all......plz how long does it take to get a police report an how much is it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iamsaheed(m): 2:40am On Mar 07, 2013
1) Completed application form Application for Study Permit IMM 1294

2) Completed family info. IMM 5645

3) Completed Schedule 1 - Application for Temp. Resident Visa. IMM 5645

4) Letter of Acceptance

5) WAEC Transcripts and/or letter

6) Diploma Transcripts and/or letter

7) Proof of Financial Support for duration of studies in Canada......

A. Letter of statement of Account for the past 6 months .....

B. A written and signed letter to state intent etc…

C. Proof of sponsor owning a property where i would reside.....

D. Letter from Sponsors place of Work .....

E. Scanned copies of Sponsors permanent resident card.....

F. Copy of Operators Licence and Photo page of PASSPORT of SPONSOR .....

cool VISA Fee Payment of $125 per person.....

9) Passport.....

10) 2 Photos.....(Make sure it meets requirement and at the back of the 2 write your full name and date of birth)

11) Study Permit Questionnaire

12) 10. Additional documents.....

A. Birth Certificate …e.t.c.

@all...pls what other document can i add to the above documents
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Etinosajay(m): 4:02am On Mar 07, 2013
deebla:

If its NIPOST, U might want to chill till that woman who is 5months pregnant in your hood delivers the baby in her womb...

But if the NIPOST you mean is EMS speed post... It takes exactly one week to get ur documents delivered to a location in Canada

@deebia I use to share this notion of yours about NIPOSt. I used Courierplus on three ocassions (4days delivery), but then I decided to try NIPOST (for any reason), and YES regular postage, it got delivered in approximately 3 weeks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Etinosajay(m): 4:04am On Mar 07, 2013
i_am_saheed: @all......plz how long does it take to get a police report an how much is it?

Same day broda...maximum of 3hrs (that's because na money u wan give em oo), cost should be bw 4k - 5k (could be different), but dem dey price am, because no be supermarket price
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Etinosajay(m): 4:06am On Mar 07, 2013
i_am_saheed: please guys is Study Permit Questionnaire among the study permit forms to be filled?

Positive
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Etinosajay(m): 4:14am On Mar 07, 2013
deebla:

Alright 2cent, thanks... But I jst need a point U need to give him to explain you will come back. Its easier to write why one wants to study a course and why Canada.... But that reason why one 'll leave Canada in his/her right and correct senses and come back to Nigeria, if not family, spouse or family business/earlier employment, my brother, I wan know

For d record, its not 2cent (I no be musician), its Etinosajay. Quick question, why do u want to study that course? Eh? Firstly to improve your employability in so-so sector in Nigeria. To acquire knowledge necessary for starting so-so venture. That's same reason why u would leave Canada, amongst others. Wetin else? And u said something about right senses. Something tells me u feel like telling the VO if he/she asks you, if you will leave their country after studies, "VO, which kind stupid question be dat? ARE U A LEARNER?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Etinosajay(m): 4:25am On Mar 07, 2013
jimmyjerry07: Please house, I need ur advice... I intend wedding hopefully by June b4 I leav 4 my study in canada, currently I'm not on much cash flow bt I'm to be sponsored by my bro n full scholarship from EGCDC (a chevron community development schemed in warri north).my questions!
1. Assumin I wana apply for visa next mth do u think its advisable to use COMMON LAw partner as my status? And wat document can I submit to bk d status up?
2. Does common law conote a gud home tie?
3. I'm also thinking I shd do marriage registry next mth so dat I can mk use of d cert for my application... Note: I don't intend submiting my statement of acct n my partner won't b goin wit me.
Please ur opinion is highly welcomed

Almost nothing can satisfy as a good home tie. Except you have that kind of Dangote, Jim ovia type of business. My point is, use what you have, God'll perfect the right. So, knock yourself out, submit dat marriage registry docu, and yes common law partner is a good home tie. How to prove common law partner? Pictures, affidavit, evidence of rents being shared by you/common law partner (that's all I know).

But if you claim common law partner, and you want d VO's to take that, then you should show that your common law partner can cater for herself (she has a job, or business) or that your scholarship will cater for her. That means more documents from where the rest came from. That's imo

BTW, your family is also a good home tie. Submit their birth certificates or any means of identification. Any investments or business, you make. Professional or social affiliation, can pass as a good home tie, in my opinion
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Huzzie: 5:58am On Mar 07, 2013
Huzzie: 10:32pm On Mar 03
TEAM SPRING/SUMMER 2013

1. Huzzie PG Brock Jan 21
2. Olufemi14 PG conestoga college awaiting TRV
3. Kayce43 PG Conestoga awaiting TRV
4. Zionspecie PG UNBC awaiting TRV
5. Iwinosajack ? awaiting TRV
6. Sampitts PG Queensu ?

N.B- If you have a May start date please indicate. You would have to indicate your level, university/college and submission date.

Updated list.

For: SUMMER/SPRING APPLICANT
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deebla: 6:26am On Mar 07, 2013
Etinosajay:

For d record, its not 2cent (I no be musician), its Etinosajay. Quick question, why do u want to study that course? Eh? Firstly to improve your employability in so-so sector in Nigeria. To acquire knowledge necessary for starting so-so venture. That's same reason why u would leave Canada, amongst others. Wetin else? And u said something about right senses. Something tells me u feel like telling the VO if he/she asks you, if you will leave their country after studies, "VO, which kind stupid question be dat? ARE U A LEARNER?

LoooL Etinosajay I dey tell U... But really good sha, U shed more light. That was the reason I was hoping to give to - being useful in a sector in Nigeria, but I was thinking it may not be convincing enough. All well and good, thanks... U ve been helpful

I swear I hope I can ask those VOs if them be learner hahaha for believing one will come back
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deebla: 6:29am On Mar 07, 2013
Etinosajay:

@deebia I use to share this notion of yours about NIPOSt. I used Courierplus on three ocassions (4days delivery), but then I decided to try NIPOST (for any reason), and YES regular postage, it got delivered in approximately 3 weeks.

Really? Didnt know... Cos some of the documents I've gotten via regular posts frm the U.S take like 8weeks or more
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iamsaheed(m): 7:46am On Mar 07, 2013
i_am_saheed: 1) Completed application form Application for Study Permit IMM 1294

4) Letter of Acceptance

cool VISA Fee Payment of $125 per person.....

9) Passport.....

10) 2 Photos.....(Make sure it meets requirement and at the back of the 2 write your full name and date of birth)

@all...pls what other document can i add to the above documents
please can any one help here?? i really want to know what else has to be gotten
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iamsaheed(m): 7:47am On Mar 07, 2013
can i get a link to the site where i would get the STUDY QUESTIONNAIRE FORM PLEASE?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Etinosajay(m): 7:59am On Mar 07, 2013
i_am_saheed: please can any one help here?? i really want to know what else has to be gotten

Your question is a bit vague. To answer you properly, you should have tried to explain your circumstances a little bit because most times, no 2 persons will submit purely identical documents, except d standard forms. Anyway check this links

www.nairaland.com/118823/travelling-canada/79
www.nairaland.com/823858/travelling-canada-part2/2
www.nairaland.com/118823/travelling-canada/113
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 07, 2013
Hello,
I have collected my docs from Vac. Reasons for denial;
You have not satisfied me
Have sufficient and available financial resources to pay tuition fess for course intended to study
2 have sufficient and available financial resources witout working in canada ....

Handwritten;
Sponsorship not credible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iamsaheed(m): 8:35am On Mar 07, 2013
Etinosajay:

Your question is a bit vague. To answer you properly, you should have tried to explain your circumstances a little bit because most times, no 2 persons will submit purely identical documents, except d standard forms. Anyway check this links

www.nairaland.com/118823/travelling-canada/79
www.nairaland.com/823858/travelling-canada-part2/2
www.nairaland.com/118823/travelling-canada/113
tthanks fr ur rply. i have my admission into a college already and i need a TRV and this are tho documents i have now

4) Letter of Acceptance

VISA Fee Payment of $125 per person.....

9) Passport.....

and i want to know if its okay like this or what other documents can i add??

i wana overwhelm the VO so he wld b like plz grant this nigga his TRV quick lol.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iamsaheed(m): 8:39am On Mar 07, 2013
@all my uncle is sponsoring my studies and he is based in Canada with his family his he allowed to use his Canadian bank statement and secondly how do i satisfy the VO that i would return back to Nigeria after my studies? because i dont have any tie here just my two sisters...so what can i use as a tie back here in Nigeria?

thank you all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iamsaheed(m): 9:03am On Mar 07, 2013
@all my sponsor is based in Canada like i said and we where asked to submit original documents, so how do i go about it because all i can get from my uncle are scanned photocopies..

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by djay1: 9:41am On Mar 07, 2013
Hello everyone I have recived my offer letters from both algonquin and lambton college for PGD (human resource management)but I think I would only pursue algonqin college am to pay my 1st semester fee before 1st of May as requested by the school to keep my seat. I want to pay for the fees before applying for my visa hope its safe? Thanks you guys for your support.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 9:56am On Mar 07, 2013
d jay: Hello everyone I have recived my offer letters from both algonquin and lambton college for PGD (human resource management)but I think I would only pursue algonqin college am to pay my 1st semester fee before 1st of May as requested by the school to keep my seat. I want to pay for the fees before applying for my visa hope its safe? Thanks you guys for your support.

It's aiit bro..but U̶̲̥̅̊ may want τ̅☺ ask d school about their refunding policy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iamsaheed(m): 10:07am On Mar 07, 2013
d jay: Hello everyone I have recived my offer letters from both algonquin and lambton college for PGD (human resource management)but I think I would only pursue algonqin college am to pay my 1st semester fee before 1st of May as requested by the school to keep my seat. I want to pay for the fees before applying for my visa hope its safe? Thanks you guys for your support.

Congrats, i would state u go with dommakavelli's advice to request a refund policy info from the school because the CDHC specified that tuition fee is paid at own risk...all the best buv, may God make our TRV a success (amen)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iamsaheed(m): 10:08am On Mar 07, 2013
i_am_saheed: @all my uncle is sponsoring my studies and he is based in Canada with his family his he allowed to use his Canadian bank statement and secondly how do i satisfy the VO that i would return back to Nigeria after my studies? because i dont have any tie here just my two sisters...so what can i use as a tie back here in Nigeria?

thank you all
all d house, please ur opinion is needed here...thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mayo47(m): 10:21am On Mar 07, 2013
earthgreeners: [b]TEAM FALL 2013
1) owenklay : PG
2) galala123: PG
3) Goldie20: UG
4) ronakoks : PG
5) earthgreeners: PG (MB/SK/MUN)
6) kanayogod:UG (Lehtbridge)
7) freshdude: PG
8.) adim02: PG (Niagara) ******
9) jman77: UG (MUN)
10) dommakavelli: PG
11) bukahands: PG (MUN)
12) just_thinking: UG
13) mekusino: PG
14) blink6: UG
15) alezdegr8: PG
16) ezme: PG
17) efosa12345
18) *newacca: PG
19) Imadebaby: PG
20) rockar: PG (Niagara)
21) elkharpone: UG
22) emmatony: PG
23) vooz: PG (Saskatchewan)
24) accra2005: PG
25) seir405: PG (MUN, Sask.)
26) Emblem: PG (Lethbridge)
27) Burningflamz: PG
28) efewhao: UG (Windsor)
29) aduke02: PG
30) jennyfar: PG (Victoria, Ottawa)
31) mozo: PG(Royal road, Victoria)
32) xtus: PG(Georgian)
33) gbesunboke: PG (Fanshawe)
34) teexzle: PG (MUN)
35) twizer: PG (Saskatchewan)
36) bullstriker: PG
37) luckyDon: PG
38) jimmyjerry07: PG (Manitoba)
40) 2-Chainz: PG (Seneca College)
41) jenkord: PG (University of Western Ontario)
42) deebla: PG (Concordia University college)
43) Mayo47: PG (MUN)

NB: Those whose names are yet to be added should indicate their proposed program, level, University / college.

Last Update: 06/03/2013 08:00pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 10:21am On Mar 07, 2013
i_am_saheed: @all my sponsor is based in Canada like i said and we where asked to submit original documents, so how do i go about it because all i can get from my uncle are scanned photocopies..

Thanks.

Why not insist on scanned original copies and use the online application route,someone mentioned it on here. it might even be faster to process, you can never tell
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iamsaheed(m): 11:03am On Mar 07, 2013
ezme:

Why not insist on scanned original copies and use the online application route,someone mentioned it on here. it might even be faster to process, you can never tell
yes i though of the online application but i really want to get involved fully, i just read from the site that one can have all photocopies certified e.g from a court of law, which both original and photocopy would be verified before certification, so i would just have my sponsor do that right in Canada since he his based there...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:04pm On Mar 07, 2013
[b]TEAM FALL 2013
1) owenklay : PG
2) galala123: PG
3) Goldie20: UG
4) ronakoks : PG
5) earthgreeners: PG (MB/SK/MUN)
6) kanayogod:UG (Lehtbridge)
7) freshdude: PG
8.) adim02: PG (Niagara) ******
9) jman77: UG (MUN)
10) dommakavelli: PG
11) bukahands: PG (MUN)
12) just_thinking: UG
13) mekusino: PG
14) blink6: UG
15) alezdegr8: PG
16) ezme: PG
17) efosa12345
18) *newacca: PG
19) Imadebaby: PG
20) rockar: PG (Niagara)
21) elkharpone: UG
22) emmatony: PG
23) vooz: PG (Saskatchewan)
24) accra2005: PG
25) seir405: PG (MUN, Sask.)
26) Emblem: PG (Lethbridge)
27) Burningflamz: PG
28) efewhao: UG (Windsor)
29) aduke02: PG
30) jennyfar: PG (Victoria, Ottawa)
31) mozo: PG(Royal road, Victoria)
32) xtus: PG(Georgian)
33) gbesunboke: PG (Fanshawe)
34) teexzle: PG (MUN)
35) twizer: PG (Saskatchewan)
36) bullstriker: PG
37) luckyDon: PG
38) jimmyjerry07: PG (Manitoba)
40) 2-Chainz: PG (Seneca College)
41) jenkord: PG (University of Western Ontario)
42) deebla: PG (Concordia University college)
43) Mayo47: PG (MUN)[/b]

NB: Those whose names are yet to be added should indicate their proposed program, level, University / college.

Last Update: 07/03/2013 12:00pm

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 12:13pm On Mar 07, 2013
i_am_saheed: tthanks fr ur rply. i have my admission into a college already and i need a TRV and this are tho documents i have now

4) Letter of Acceptance

VISA Fee Payment of $125 per person.....

9) Passport.....

and i want to know if its okay like this or what other documents can i add??

i wana overwhelm the VO so he wld b like plz grant this nigga his TRV quick lol.

Tax Clearance, Sponsor Marriage Certificate if he's married, Properties or Shares Documents........ you're good to go just try and submit within the stipulated time (6 month Ahead).

All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 12:58pm On Mar 07, 2013
I tot u r self sponsored?
mercylicious: Hello,
Have sufficient and available financial resources to pay tuition fess for course intended to study
2 have sufficient and available financial resources witout working in canada ....

Handwritten;
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 1:05pm On Mar 07, 2013
I got revised offer letter from Lambton college too, in HRM, hoping to apply as soon as other documents ready.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2013
@all,can a school send hard copy of acceptance letter by courier two times?how possible is it for a person that was denied trv?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 1:49pm On Mar 07, 2013
mercylicious: Hello,

Handwritten;

There's something about being a self sponsor that is just a 50/50 chance. I don't know just my personal opinion, makes you wonder if one probably had like a co-sponsor if the outcome would have been different?, so they know someone will be sending you money.. Na only God know sha. @mercy I don't know sha but you could try it with a co sponsor, but its all good if you are still deferring the canada runs till further notice. All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jimmyjerry07(m): 1:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
Etinosajay:

Almost nothing can satisfy as a good home tie. Except you have that kind of Dangote, Jim ovia type of business. My point is, use what you have, God'll perfect the right. So, knock yourself out, submit dat marriage registry docu, and yes common law partner is a good home tie. How to prove common law partner? Pictures, affidavit, evidence of rents being shared by you/common law partner (that's all I know).

But if you claim common law partner, and you want d VO's to take that, then you should show that your common law partner can cater for herself (she has a job, or business) or that your scholarship will cater for her. That means more documents from where the rest came from. That's imo

BTW, your family is also a good home tie. Submit their birth certificates or any means of identification. Any investments or business, you make. Professional or social affiliation, can pass as a good home tie, in my opinion

Thanks bro! I giv u some credit, God will see us thru

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.