Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (508930 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 7:13am On Aug 06, 2012
shavel: got some offers for 25th of august, mehn they are just too expensive...the cheapest is $2433 and u will have to
spend nothing less than 30hrs on united airlines.
u can book ethiopian airlines lagos to toronto one way for 24th, 27th or 31st for 250k.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by donnet(m): 8:24am On Aug 06, 2012
Felipe-a:

Well, if you ª̳͡Rε̲̣̣̣ going for studies, you need a police clearance, transcript, admission form, school sat cert, birth cert, well for your tax clearance I ĐőŊt think that's a problem. You can simply pay some amount of money, and you will be given a tax clearance ( that's what I did), a letter from your sister as your sponsor. Her id card, you have to prove to them that after your studies you will come. Maybe this can be done by landed properties or any other tie. Well you can also read through this trend for more infor's.

Donnet, thanks for your reply.

Where and who did u pay for a new tax clearance. I need this info, so that my sis (sponsor) can start the process....
\
Thanks

For †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ tax clearance you can go to any taxation office in your location and ask for it, you have to pay some certain amount of money, for me I paid 30,000 just to get 3years tax clearance. It always advisable to do this quickly so that you won't be ask to pay too much for *express* charges. Note: 3years clearance. And you need to submit your sister pay slip too for †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ past four to three months, promotion letter and employment letter too. That's if she is an employee. If she is not then she have to prove to them what she is doing (work).

All document must be original, except your sister id card, which you can submit just †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ photocopy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 9:33am On Aug 06, 2012
@ donnet, pls i nid some clarification on ds tax clearance thng. I thot it's jst those wit sponsors using coy acct dt requires it & nt personal or employee accts..4me who wuld b submitting personal statement as well, wuld dt b necessary, whn my pay advice shws income tax deductns already.

donnet:

For †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ tax clearance you can go to any taxation office in your location and ask for it, you have to pay some certain amount of money, for me I paid 30,000 just to get 3years tax clearance. It always advisable to do this quickly so that you won't be ask to pay too much for *express* charges. Note: 3years clearance. And you need to submit your sister pay slip too for †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ past four to three months, promotion letter and employment letter too. That's if she is an employee. If she is not then she have to prove to them what she is doing (work).

All document must be original, except your sister id card, which you can submit just †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ photocopy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 06, 2012
So nice d thread is activity filled.
For d ppl dt got refused, try again. I once told u a friend was given trv on d 3rd attempt.
@ Pauloman,
Congrts once again. Am thinking of applying for PRV for my guy come Jan (applicatn stopped for now till Jan except if u hv a valid job offer). I feel he will score more points than myself as his job is on d list and he is also experienced. My course is on d list but I don't have experience in dt line.
I will be needing ur guidance all thru.
Email- floxybrown_4u@yahoo.com
Please send me a mail wit ur contact fone no.
Heard PRV gets processed faster these days like 6 months.
For my Trv applicatn, I just decided to halt for now. I've been having dreams of late. I really need to know if its God's time to re-apply now.

All the best guyz. We will see in Canada sumday, whether on visit, or studies or on business or tourism.

Much luv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by donnet(m): 10:11am On Aug 06, 2012
[quote author=Don Cipher]@ donnet, pls i nid some clarification on ds tax clearance thng. I thot it's jst those wit sponsors using coy acct dt requires it & nt personal or employee accts..4me who wuld b submitting personal statement as well, wuld dt b necessary, whn my pay advice shws income tax deductns already.

[/quote

Tax clearance is for everyone that is going for studies abroad. Well if you ª̳͡Rε̲̣̣̣ using someone as a sponsor, then he/she have to submit statement of account. Your sponsor must submit tax clearance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 10:57am On Aug 06, 2012
@henrywest,
Yea, quite an age. I heard from Bashtee few weeks after his arrival and sometimes 3mths ago. Guess he has been busy with academics,that's western education for u.
I am happy you have back to shoot again. I wish you success bro.
Yea,Al'Hamdulillah(Thanks to God) treatment continues and will end mid next year (Insha Allah)
I will be looking 4ward to hearing from Tolyem and cycline also. U guyz r go-getter

@shavel,

relax! u r almost there bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Felipea: 11:07am On Aug 06, 2012
[quote author=donnet][/quote]

Tax clearance is for everyone that is going for studies abroad. Well if you ª̳͡Rε̲̣̣̣ using someone as a sponsor, then he/she have to submit statement of account. Your sponsor must submit tax clearance.
@ donnet, thanks again... Wld employment letter be necessary if her company gives her a letter of introduction stating her current designation, job role and contact details of coy - a multinatnal oil and gas coy...
Also, in the place. Of tax clearance, she says her coy can give ha a tax leta (don't know wat this looks lyk)

Expecting ur response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 11:25am On Aug 06, 2012
Cori_corde: I have a question please: I got accepted into Columbia College, Vancouver and I already paid my fees. However, I'm only sixteen years old. What else do I have to take care of before applying to the embassy?

PS: I have to apply this month of latest, by September. I have to go by December as school begins January 2.

You will have to visit the CDHC website to find out the actual requirements. Because of your age, you will need a custodian resident in Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by tjcrown: 1:13pm On Aug 06, 2012
bancan: I went for medicals with my baby last week monday. Pls how long do we have to wait for the visa after medicals.after medicals how sure is the visa if there is no medical problem? Can sickle cell anaemia be a problem? Need answers pls. Thank you

How old is your toddler? how was the medical screening done? i guess ur toddler is less than 5. If your toddler is less than five, its only physical screning that ll be conducted on him, hence no blood test or screening should be done. Can you tell us how was the test conducted on your toddler was carried out? i dont think SC anaemia will be a reason for denial, since its manageable and ur toddler will not need any special medical help and or special training. Also the disease does not constitute a threat to the public ie is not a communicable disease. I can drop my PIN or yahoo ID for more and detailed information.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 2:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
I am getting frustrated already. My sch resumes in January and I am yet to submit my application. My uncle who's my sponsor cannot get a reference letter from UBA where he works. He can't get a tax clearance too. Also I am claiming unemployed in my application but I will be submitting my account with abt 2million in it. Won't that raise eyebrows? 2. What can my uncle do since he can't get this reference letter from UBA? House pls help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by donnet(m): 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
Jokzoh: I am getting frustrated already. My sch resumes in January and I am yet to submit my application. My uncle who's my sponsor cannot get a reference letter from UBA where he works. He can't get a tax clearance too. Also I am claiming unemployed in my application but I will be submitting my account with abt 2million in it. Won't that raise eyebrows? 2. What can my uncle do since he can't get this reference letter from UBA? House pls help.

all is well, you don't have to be frustrated. You said you ª̳͡Rε̲̣̣̣ claiming unemployed in your application. And you have up to 2million naira, well you can put that into your uncle acct and try to make it up to 3.5m. You can get †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ acct statement from †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ bank when you ª̳͡Rε̲̣̣̣ ready. Why is everybody having prob with tax clearance when you can get it with nothing more than 30,000 thousand naira. Try and fine a tax office in your state to get it done.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by oreroyce(m): 4:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
Can anyone help.....I want to come Canada to study....Civil Engineering but don't know which university or college to apply to and most of them seem very expensive...Am presently in Lautech now but wouldn't mind starting afresh...no TOEFL IETS or SAT just my NECO o'level
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
All praise be to Allah the most high, I got my trv this afternoon just three weeks and two business days after my Medicals ....brb
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by anyijoe: 4:46pm On Aug 06, 2012
Jesus4all: hi, did anybody submit on 18th of June, who has gotten medica req

I submitted 18th of june and up till now! I neva hear anything from dem!..good to knw I submitted the same date with some1...so wht are u going for? M.sc,pgd or degree!...will also like to get in touch with u via email or bbm anyone can serve!..am still hopeful anyway! God can always do the impossible for anyone!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2012
shavel: All praise be to Allah the most high, I got my trv this afternoon just three weeks and two business days after my Medicals ....brb

Welcome on Board, Fasten your seat belt as you are about to fly from Lagos to Toronto.

Congrat Mr Shavel.....

Plz I need you to help me with some documents....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 4:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
shavel: All praise be to Allah the most high, I got my trv this afternoon just three weeks and two business days after my Medicals ....brb

Maa-sha Allah! cheesy Congrats Bro. May Allah continue to guide us through d right path.
Salaam!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2012
@shavel Congrats man.. Did you get a mail or your portal changed?

I submitted mid july and still waiting for medicals
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by donnet(m): 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2012

Congratulation ooooooooooooo, am so happy for you, hope to see you in canada, what date was your medical. I did mine on †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ 17th july and what is †ђε̲̣̣̣̥ name of your school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
@ Shavel, gudluck & may we all xpectin rejoice here 1day..soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2012
@newacca, Ameen yah rabbi, thanks bro and may Allah continue to increase u in iman @sir p, yeah my status changed @ donnet I did mine on the 12th my school is u of Winnipeg in Manitoba ,@earthgreeners, thanks bro, u can contact me via email and u can as well get my email addy on my profile.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by anyijoe: 5:26pm On Aug 06, 2012

@shavel congrats bruv!...OMG am so happy to hear a good news in the month of august!..pple believe me dis month will be an unsual month! It will be filled with good news and laughter!...I can see it coming!....this month will be full of celebration in dis month Amen!..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by anyijoe: 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2012
:DPls is anyone here going to centennial college?...pls identify let's rub minds....thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
Amen I believe Very soon we Oct and January starters will soon start getting medical call because it seems they're done with all Sept applicants.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 5:58pm On Aug 06, 2012
anyijoe:

I submitted 18th of june and up till now! I neva hear anything from dem!..good to knw I submitted the same date with some1...so wht are u going for? M.sc,pgd or degree!...will also like to get in touch with u via email or bbm anyone can serve!..am still hopeful anyway! God can always do the impossible for anyone!

i submited on june 12.we would hear goodnews in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 6:05pm On Aug 06, 2012
anyijoe:

@shavel congrats bruv!...OMG am so happy to hear a good news in the month of august!..pple believe me dis month will be an unsual month! It will be filled with good news and laughter!...I can see it coming!....this month will be full of celebration in dis month Amen!..

Amen!!!.God is too faithful to fail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 6:23pm On Aug 06, 2012

Congratulations brother...see you soon in canada..I believe in God for good news this week,especially tommorow..
Good GOD
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2012
Alhamdulillah, am so happy for you brother. May almighty Allah be your guidance when U get to Canada. Congrats once again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by tolyem(m): 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
@Newacca
Yea, quite an age. I heard from Bashtee few weeks after his arrival and sometimes 3mths ago. Guess he has been busy with academics,that's western education for u.
I am happy you have back to shoot again. I wish you success bro.
Yea,Al'Hamdulillah(Thanks to God) treatment continues and will end mid next year (Insha Allah)
I will be looking 4ward to hearing from Tolyem and cycline also. U guyz r go-getter.

Its nice to hear from you again, inshort I sent you a message sometime last month but didnt hear your view. I have gotten a new offer letter from Mohawk College, ontario after serious tuzzle with ULETH. I will be submitting my application by 20th this month, just want to be careful with the packaging.

Thanks newacca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
Jokzoh: I am getting frustrated already. My sch resumes in January and I am yet to submit my application. My uncle who's my sponsor cannot get a reference letter from UBA where he works. He can't get a tax clearance too. Also I am claiming unemployed in my application but I will be submitting my account with abt 2million in it. Won't that raise eyebrows? 2. What can my uncle do since he can't get this reference letter from UBA? House pls help.
Exactly the same problem I faced with my sponsor's employer on getting his reference letter which led to not submitting my application on time. Do not let that delay if U can't get it on time, use his employment letter, coloured photocopy of his ID card and payslips of 6 months. On the tax clearance follow what @donnet advised. God almighty will help us all

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 6:45pm On Aug 06, 2012
Sir P!:
Amen I believe Very soon we Oct and January starters will soon start getting medical call because it seems they're done with all Sept applicants.
Don't get it twisted bro, they are not thru with all sept applicants at all cos I haven't heard any response from them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bancan: 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2012
tjcrown:

How old is your toddler? how was the medical screening done? i guess ur toddler is less than 5. If your toddler is less than five, its only physical screning that ll be conducted on him, hence no blood test or screening should be done. Can you tell us how was the test conducted on your toddler was carried out? i dont think SC anaemia will be a reason for denial, since its manageable and ur toddler will not need any special medical help and or special training. Also the disease does not constitute a threat to the public ie is not a communicable disease. I can drop my PIN or yahoo ID for more and detailed information.
my baby is just 1. Yes only physical screening was done on him(height,weight) but I paid the same amount but I did xtray , my blood sample and urine was taken in short the test was a comprehensive one. My toddler is normal and isn't anaemic.its exactly a week now after my medical test.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.