Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,332 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (508927 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:13am On Aug 14, 2012
Bakorede: @shavel and the rest-what does this mean"your application has been finalised,contact the VAC to collect your passport and document".that is d response i got when i mailed d cdhc to inquire about my application which i submitted 3rd of May.please,i wil like u all in d house 2 read meanings to d statements.thankz in anticipatns of ur responses.
bro, based on experience on this forum is either u get 'ur attention is required at the earliest on your portal' 'or your application ref number nga/78.......has been processed', the first update means medical instructions while the second means refusal atimes, but in your case its a different update entirely i would advise you visit vac at the earliest to know your real status. success!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 14, 2012
donnet:

Yea that's true. I don't know, maybe is because I submitted my receipt and passport late which †ђε̲̣̣̣̥y required for. Still keeping my fingers crossed.
no, i don't think late submission is causing the delay, cos cdhc starts counting from the day of medical exam.........all the best bro! hope to see u soon in canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 7:32am On Aug 14, 2012
@All, Canada and Aussy which is better? I hedged my applicatn for a funded PhD program for Univ. in both countries, both Jan 2013. It becoming clear dt I may get both offers though 4 Aussy, decision is October, bt Ca may be b4 month end. Wht do you thnk?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dehumph1: 9:01am On Aug 14, 2012
my portal just changed now and it says :'Please contact the Visa Application Centre for further instructions , your attention is required at the earliest'.
I submitted on the 30th of MAY. grin

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 9:07am On Aug 14, 2012
de-humph:
my portal just changed now and it says :'Please contact the Visa Application Centre for further instructions , your attention is required at the earliest'.

Congratulations!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 9:17am On Aug 14, 2012
de-humph:
sure your trv is on the way!CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 9:51am On Aug 14, 2012
de-humph:

good luck.which skool are u heading to.what documents did u submit?

June applicants letz start warming up.God dey
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 10:02am On Aug 14, 2012
de-humph:

Congratulations bro...I will surely get mine too this week in JESUS NAME..all d best to everybody in the house..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 10:12am On Aug 14, 2012
Repeating my question! Pls
lufondu: @All, Canada and Aussy which is better? I hedged my applicatn for a funded PhD program for Univ. in both countries, both Jan 2013. It becoming clear dt I may get both offers though 4 Aussy, decision is October, bt Ca may be b4 month end. Wht do you thnk?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 10:39am On Aug 14, 2012
lufondu: Repeating my question! Pls

In my opinion,both countries are very good but no one can really decide for you. One person may tell you Canada is better based on his/her subjective reasons while another might pick aussy based on the same subjective reasons as well. To me personally i would pick Canada because of its strategic location,i feel aussy is too far . My choice is based on this an a whole lot of other reasons. I would advice you do some online research on your own and compare and contrast both countries based on the key things you value in your life. This will enable you have vantage points and decide better at the end of the day. One thing i know for sure is that Phd students in Canada get reasonable funding and you get to be posted to other countries during the course of your studies depending on your research option and choice. All the best and Cheers bro !

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 10:42am On Aug 14, 2012
pauloman:

In my opinion,both countries are very good but no one can really decide for you. One person may tell you Canada is better based on his/her subjective reasons while another might pick aussy based on the same subjective reasons as well. To me personally i would pick Canada because of its strategic location,i feel aussy is too far . My choice is based on this an a whole lot of other reasons. I would advice you do some online research on your own and compare and contrast both countries based on the key things you value in your life. This will enable you have vantage points and decide better at the end of the day. Cheers bro !

Thank you so much I love this answer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 10:51am On Aug 14, 2012
de-humph:
pls,who is your sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 11:05am On Aug 14, 2012
de-humph:

Congrats man, yours will be the beginning of medicals, when is your start date? That's like 2months and 15days wow. God is good
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by eo2002: 11:23am On Aug 14, 2012
@de-humph Congrat man wen is your start date?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jesus4all: 11:56am On Aug 14, 2012
hi, congratulation to those that have gotten med cal and trv.
To those that got refusal,pls, don't be discourage,don't give-up, it is not over yet but if you give-up now, then its over.
Just hold-on to the Lord. He makes things beautiful in is own time.
HAS ANY JUNE SUBMISSION GET MED CAL?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2012
lufondu:

Thank you so much I love this answer.

@lufondu, pauloman said it all. In terms of distance I agree, but in terms of funding I think aussie Ȋ̝̊̅§ better. And beside u might want to consider the ranking of the universities. Canada and australia are d same in terms of opportunity. Do a lil web research
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
For those of us applying for Fall 2013 start, letz keep tin rolling cos its time to start preparing application for admission. our turn to apply for TRV don dey near door ooo. I have started my application for Masters at University of Saskatchewan and University of Manitoba..may God help us all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2012
Hello peeps, am new to this thread. Pls help
Am interested in studying development economics(Msc) or economics related courses in canada. The schools i searched didn't request for any test...Do i need to take any test ( teofl, GRE etc) before applying 4 a visa? Pls advice i want to prepare ahead.

Any1 with teofl materials should pls, send to dadasawdick@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
Jesus4all: hi, congratulation to those that have gotten med cal and trv.
To those that got refusal,pls, don't be discourage,don't give-up, it is not over yet but if you give-up now, then its over.
Just hold-on to the Lord. He makes things beautiful in is own time.
HAS ANY JUNE SUBMISSION GET MED CAL?

i dnt fink so...when did u submit?i submited june12
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2012
dommakavelli: Hello peeps, am new to this thread. Pls help
Am interested in studying development economics(Msc) or economics related courses in canada. The schools i searched didn't request for any test...Do i need to take any test ( teofl, GRE etc) before applying 4 a visa? Pls advice i want to prepare ahead.

Kindly suggest credible international school admission agents here in Nigeria dat can help in securing an admision...preferably Ogun or lagos state.
bro chill!!!!! U can get every solution on here, as for toefl or other English standardised test, bro if u have received instructions in English for at least three years you are automatically waived of the stress of taking this tests and I believe Nigeria being an anglophone country we receive instructions in English all our life.
For admission, google is your friend make use of it to get details of schools offering your proposed program.......if u hav any other problem u can ask the gurus in the house and am sure u will surely get an answer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2012

Kindly suggest credible international school admission agents here in Nigeria dat can help in securing an admision...preferably Ogun or lagos state.

I could have suggest u log on to mapleeducation.ca, but pple do it themself here, just follow the thread frm one to end u will b acquinted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2012
de-humph:
Congratulations!
God will do the same for us in due season.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dehumph1: 4:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
JUST GOT BACK FROM VAC. @all. I AM REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING WITH MY MEDICALS:

(1) RECEIPT OF PAYMENT OF TUITION FEE. @ ALL. DO I NEED TO PAY THE FULL TUITION FEE SINCE IT WAS NOT STATED TO PAY FULL TUITION FEE ?
(2) UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT@ALL. UNFORTUNATELY MY SCHOOL DON'T GIVE BY HAND, I WOULD HAVE TO ADDRESS IT TO THEM, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ?
(3) NYSC CERTIFICATE. I JUST CONCLUDED MY NYSC. BATCH B 2011

SPONSOR : DAD
UNIVERSITY : DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY.
START DATE : 1ST SEPTEMBER
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Aks(m): 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 5:19pm On Aug 14, 2012
earthgreeners:

@lufondu, pauloman said it all. In terms of distance I agree, but in terms of funding I think aussie Ȋ̝̊̅§ better. And beside u might want to consider the ranking of the universities. Canada and australia are d same in terms of opporjtunity. Do a lil web research

Yah thanks, its Uni. Sk and Uni Western Australia. Pls does any1 knw hw long it taks USASk to mak final decision aftr all d application documents are complete
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ancient1: 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
de-humph:

I've not heard this in a while. Congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2012
efosa12345:

@shema ur transcript can be addr to ur residence, it does not mean just use it provided is geniue.
I know what u are talkn about the leta inside has been referenced to ur uncle. U will av to get anoda 1 for the school cos u av opened it for u to have known a leta is thr its not meant to be opened
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 5:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
It does not matter if it has been opened, as long as it is genuine because CDHC would definitely confirm its source from the school.

lekibraky:
I know what u are talkn about the leta inside has been referenced to ur uncle. U will av to get anoda 1 for the school cos u av opened it for u to have known a leta is thr its not meant to be opened
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2012
lufondu:
Yah thanks, its Uni. Sk and Uni Western Australia. Pls does any1 knw hw long it taks USASk to mak final decision aftr all d application documents are complete

it depends on the Department, but its approximately 4 weeks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
de-humph:
JUST GOT BACK FROM VAC. @all. I AM REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING WITH MY MEDICALS:

(1) RECEIPT OF PAYMENT OF TUITION FEE. @ ALL. DO I NEED TO PAY THE FULL TUITION FEE SINCE IT WAS NOT STATED TO PAY FULL TUITION FEE ?
(2) UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT@ALL. UNFORTUNATELY MY SCHOOL DON'T GIVE BY HAND, I WOULD HAVE TO ADDRESS IT TO THEM, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ?
(3) NYSC CERTIFICATE. I JUST CONCLUDED MY NYSC. BATCH B 2011

SPONSOR : DAD
UNIVERSITY : DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY.
START DATE : 1ST SEPTEMBER

I dont think you should have problem with any of this things....you ca tell ur school to send it to them via courier or you show dem d note from CDHC they might consider giving u by hand...which university did u attend?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2012

Contact me for help on admission..Its absolutely FREE, cos on dis thread we are one family ooooo...you dnt need TOEFL and GRE....all u need is a good grade...
Are you going for Masters?...Im from Ogun, based in Lagos
oyegunle14@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 6:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
earthgreeners:

it depends on the Department, but its approximately 4 weeks.
Ok thanks. I also discovered their applicatn status update is very slow

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.