Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,075 members, 7,821,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509820 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
Its better to pay ur tution fee full if u can to avoid given thm any reason for denial, als considering ur start date. This is a personal view.
de-humph:
JUST GOT BACK FROM VAC. @all. I AM REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING WITH MY MEDICALS:

(1) RECEIPT OF PAYMENT OF TUITION FEE. @ ALL. DO I NEED TO PAY THE FULL TUITION FEE SINCE IT WAS NOT STATED TO PAY FULL TUITION FEE ?
(2) UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT@ALL. UNFORTUNATELY MY SCHOOL DON'T GIVE BY HAND, I WOULD HAVE TO ADDRESS IT TO THEM, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ?
(3) NYSC CERTIFICATE. I JUST CONCLUDED MY NYSC. BATCH B 2011

SPONSOR : DAD
UNIVERSITY : DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY.
START DATE : 1ST SEPTEMBER
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
lufondu:
Yah thanks, its Uni. Sk and Uni Western Australia. Pls does any1 knw hw long it taks USASk to mak final decision aftr all d application documents are complete

2 to 6 weeks if your application is nice and in order.it took them two weeks to issue mine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by neeyee88: 6:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
de-humph:
JUST GOT BACK FROM VAC. @all. I AM REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING WITH MY MEDICALS:

(1) RECEIPT OF PAYMENT OF TUITION FEE. @ ALL. DO I NEED TO PAY THE FULL TUITION FEE SINCE IT WAS NOT STATED TO PAY FULL TUITION FEE ?
(2) UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT@ALL. UNFORTUNATELY MY SCHOOL DON'T GIVE BY HAND, I WOULD HAVE TO ADDRESS IT TO THEM, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ?
(3) NYSC CERTIFICATE. I JUST CONCLUDED MY NYSC. BATCH B 2011

SPONSOR : DAD
UNIVERSITY : DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY.
START DATE : 1ST SEPTEMBER

hi, this is my first time on this thread...I didnt even check nairaland at all while I was in Nigeria and all through my canada processing. Now, to your question: My understanding is that, once you have been offerred an admission by the school, payment of your first term tuition fee is very vital and should be parts of the documents you will submit for visa processing. It shows that you are truly committed to the processing. Have you been called for medicals? If not, i will suggest u make the tuition fee payment as soon as possible becos it will add weight to your application. If your school resumes on the 1st of september, you might not have enough time for all this processing but these schools give a month of grace especially for international students becos they are aware of all the immigration issue.
As for the transcript, that should be the least of your problem...just go to your school, apply for transcripts and give them the vac address or you reqeust for the original sudents copy...schools. they will either give you the transcripts sealed and addressed to the Deputy High commissioner, anifowoshe street, VI, agos etc...(assuming you are applying from lagos).
If you you have already finished your NYSC, then just submit your original certificate, they will all be returned to you.
If you have been called for medicals, then you are almost as good as securing your visa but it may still take time becos they always take time to verify everything in canada.
All the best bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by neeyee88: 6:56pm On Aug 14, 2012
Bakorede: i have not done medicals but are u saying i enquired 2 early about my application when it had been submitted 3rd of May i.e more than 3 months because' some pples whose applications were submited at a later dates have already either been notify of medicals or denial.dats y i mailed d cdhc.NOTE:i also mail d VAC and i was told 2 send my passport number so that they can track my application for me.please @DrealGio,SIR P!,earthgreeners,justwise...etc and @all i need ur sugestions.please!

Hi, Just keep cool...I was called for medicals almost after 2months of impatiently waiting and after then another 2.5months went by before i finally got my visa. I had to defer the admission becos I could not resume with the school that same year (last year, 2011). So sometimes, the 3months application period posted on their site is just a front, it normally takes five to five and a half weeks. If they called you early, just know dat that the result might not be so nice...wait to get a GOOD CALL bro. cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by neeyee88: 7:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
HI, ANYONE COMING TO WATERLOO/WINDOSR/GUELPH OR TORONTO IN SEPTEMBER? I COULD HELP ARRANGE ACCOMMODATION. I AM STARTING A MASTER'S PROG IN SEPT AT UNI. OF . WATERLOOCONTACT ME ASAP IF YOU ARE. CHEERS!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dehumph1: 8:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
neeyee88:

hi, this is my first time on this thread...I didnt even check nairaland at all while I was in Nigeria and all through my canada processing. Now, to your question: My understanding is that, once you have been offerred an admission by the school, payment of your first term tuition fee is very vital and should be parts of the documents you will submit for visa processing. It shows that you are truly committed to the processing. Have you been called for medicals? If not, i will suggest u make the tuition fee payment as soon as possible becos it will add weight to your application. If your school resumes on the 1st of september, you might not have enough time for all this processing but these schools give a month of grace especially for international students becos they are aware of all the immigration issue.
As for the transcript, that should be the least of your problem...just go to your school, apply for transcripts and give them the vac address or you reqeust for the original sudents copy...schools. they will either give you the transcripts sealed and addressed to the Deputy High commissioner, anifowoshe street, VI, agos etc...(assuming you are applying from lagos).
If you you have already finished your NYSC, then just submit your original certificate, they will all be returned to you.
If you have been called for medicals, then you are almost as good as securing your visa but it may still take time becos they always take time to verify everything in canada.
All the best bro.

THANKS BRO, I WILL BE HEADING TO UNIPORT FOR MY TRANSCRIPT TOMORROW ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL MY GOD GRACE.I HAVE MY NYSC CERTIFICATE ALREADY AND I WOULD LIKELY DO MY MEDICALS IN PORTHARCOURT AND THEN RETURN TO LAGOS FOR MY TUITION FEE PAYMENT. I WAS GIVEN 30 DAYS BY THE EMBASSY TO DO ALL THIS.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dehumph1: 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
earthgreeners:

I dont think you should have problem with any of this things....you ca tell ur school to send it to them via courier or you show dem d note from CDHC they might consider giving u by hand...which university did u attend?

THANKS BRO. UNIPORT
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
lufondu:
Ok thanks. I also discovered their applicatn status update is very slow

Yeah I noticed too, but it also depends on the department and the Graduate secretary handling the admission...what course are you applying for?....send ur email, i need to ask some questions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by eo2002: 9:04pm On Aug 14, 2012
My Status changed today to (Please contact the Visa Application Centre for further instructions , your attention is required at the earliest).
Just when i have given up all hope, i was denied in April, i dint give up and i reapplied again June 1st with a good packaging.

I just feel its all about how you package you doc and GOD.

I swear to God i had a dream i was denied today when i called VAC in my Dream, i woke up and prayed and called them behold i was asked to come for my med. no be GOD?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2012
eo2002: My Status changed today to (Please contact the Visa Application Centre for further instructions , your attention is required at the earliest).
Just when i have given up all hope, i was denied in April, i dint give up and i reapplied again June 1st with a good packaging.

I swear to God i had a dream i was denied today when i called VAC in my Dream, i woke up and prayed and called them behold i was asked to come for my med. no be GOD?

Glory be to God and I am very happy for you...did your status changed,before you call them,or you called them and then it changed after calling them?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by phemmy88(m): 9:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
Hi Everybody..., my name is femi... I'm a polytechnic graduate..studied Quantity Surveying... Am wondering if i my result can b accepted ....to work in canadaa..!! Or if i still av 2 take some courses b4 i can wk......

I anxiously await ur response...thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 9:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
earthgreeners:

Yeah I noticed too, but it also depends on the department and the Graduate secretary handling the admission...what course are you applying for?....send ur email, i need to ask some questions

I just sent u an email thru nairaland I dnt want to display my e-mail on dis forum. Its civil and geological engineering dept.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dehumph1: 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
eo2002: My Status changed today to (Please contact the Visa Application Centre for further instructions , your attention is required at the earliest).

Congratulations , na God o grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by neeyee88: 10:22pm On Aug 14, 2012
phemmy88: Hi Everybody..., my name is femi... I'm a polytechnic graduate..studied Quantity Surveying... Am wondering if i my result can b accepted ....to work in canadaa..!! Or if i still av 2 take some courses b4 i can wk......

I anxiously await ur response...thanks

Sincerely bro, you surely will be asked to take up courses here and even do some co-op to gain canadian experience. Have you worked in Nigeria before or you are straight from school? if you are straight from school, you surely will study here for another one or two years before anything at all...its the way here...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 10:43pm On Aug 14, 2012

@eo2002,
Congrat ooooo! Am so happy for u. Please can you list all the docs you submitted and who is your sponsor? How much does he has in his acct? Please take your precious time to tell the house.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 10:44pm On Aug 14, 2012

congrat man.all hopeful would be celebrated.amen.
Thank god june applicants are being attended to
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by phemmy88(m): 10:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
neeyee88:

Sincerely bro, you surely will be asked to take up courses here and even do some co-op to gain canadian experience. Have you worked in Nigeria before or you are straight from school? if you are straight from school, you surely will study here for another one or two years before anything at all...its the way here...

thanks 4 ur response.... I jst grad..., and am currently serving...
2012, batch B.
I'll like to talk 2 u on dis pls..still need more details.... I tried mailing u...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bamshy: 11:51pm On Aug 14, 2012
Hi Everyone,
Been off for a while. Arrived Toronto yesterday. Trying to get used to the new system and settle down. Wishing all TRV hopefuls the very best. See you in Canada!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 2:48am On Aug 15, 2012
bamshy: Hi Everyone,
Been off for a while. Arrived Toronto yesterday. Trying to get used to the new system and settle down. Wishing all TRV hopefuls the very best. See you in Canada!

Welcome to Toronto! Give us a shout if you need anything.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Eshy13: 2:51am On Aug 15, 2012
Hello My good people in the house..Last year i applied for student visa which i was not granted ..due to poor arrangement i think. But this year again i want to apply again now for January admission..If the lord has put it in your mind to be of help for me please kindly do that...what i mean is if you can give me advise on how i can be able to put my documents in order...here is my e.mail add....I will so much appreciate any good advise given me...God Bless you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 2:53am On Aug 15, 2012
neeyee88:

All the best bro.
what if you paid part of the tuition nd 1 is stil nt given trv,wat wil hapen 2d money dat has been paid?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:18am On Aug 15, 2012
[quote
author=Bakorede]what if you paid part of the tuition nd 1 is stil nt
given trv,wat wil hapen 2d money dat has been paid?[/quote]

Most schools would refund your money once u provide evidence of denial......GBAM!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:21am On Aug 15, 2012
[quote
author=Eshy13]Hello My good people in the house..Last year i applied
for student visa which i was not granted ..due to poor arrangement i
think. But this year again i want to apply again now for January
admission..If the lord has put it in your mind to be of help for me
please kindly do that...what i mean is if you can give me advise on how i
can be able to put my documents in order...here is my e.mail
add...I will so much
appreciate any good advise given me...God Bless you. [/quote]

Tell everyone on dis thread the reason for your denial...and the Documents you submitted.....
SHIKENA!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 6:52am On Aug 15, 2012

@eo2002 and all that just got their medical invites Congrats. @all that have applied and waiting 4 response,you shall have good response by God's grace. 2 all dat jst got refused,don't lose up. @all dat jst got visa, Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:14am On Aug 15, 2012
@Newacca, what bin happening ooo!..quite a while..how far?

* bamshy and sirdam * now in Toronto, still waiting on ebugirl, fflower, shavel, +dipo, solomon, et all to share their travel experience...wish u all Bon Voyage.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 7:32am On Aug 15, 2012

u mean u submited to vfs on june 1st and got to cdhc on 4th right?
Dat means june applicant can stil be attended to.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:42am On Aug 15, 2012
Eshy13: Hello My good people in the house..Last year i applied for student visa which i was not granted ..due to poor arrangement i think. But this year again i want to apply again now for January admission..If the lord has put it in your mind to be of help for me please kindly do that...what i mean is if you can give me advise on how i can be able to put my documents in order...here is my e.mail add....I will so much appreciate any good advise given me...God Bless you.

I don't think you are ready to get advice. Your contact details have been removed by the way
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Felipea: 7:46am On Aug 15, 2012
Congratssssss!!!! de-humph and ee202....

@ all, Is there a special format for affidavit of support?? Cos I was at the ikeja high court yesterday and they didnt have any, so I just drafted something with the help of a legal aid there....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Felipea: 7:53am On Aug 15, 2012
lufondu: Its better to pay ur tution fee full if u can to avoid given thm any reason for denial, als considering ur start date. This is a personal view.

What if the full year sch fees is abt CAD21,000,(abt 7000CAD/semester, 3 semesters a year) ..... some banks mught not process that large sum without raising a flag or issues....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 8:17am On Aug 15, 2012
Felipe-a:

What if the full year sch fees is abt CAD21,000,(abt 7000CAD/semester, 3 semesters a year) ..... some banks mught not process that large sum without raising a flag or issues....

You can pay for the first semester, its better than not paying at all. I believe since they called u for medical, it means that the money in the account you submitted is sufficient to carry u thru. So just pay for 1st semester, at this stage you cannot be denied visa except on medical grounds or insufficient fund (when u did not pay at all). My own view, others can contribute especially those with trv already.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 10:33am On Aug 15, 2012
[quote author=earthgreeners]@Newacca, what bin happening ooo!..quite a while..how far?

* bamshy and sirdam * now in Toronto, still waiting on ebugirl, fflower, shavel, +dipo, solomon, et all to share their travel experience...wish u all Bon Voyage. [/quot

Brother am still in naija, will def. Update the house. Success!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 11:29am On Aug 15, 2012
Felipe-a:
Congratssssss!!!! de-humph and ee202....

@ all, Is there a special format for affidavit of support?? Cos I was at the ikeja high court yesterday and they didnt have any, so I just drafted something with the help of a legal aid there....

I drafted mine personally but to it to the court to b endorsed.firstly, state the name of the person sponsoring you, d address, occupation, no of dependent children. State categorically if d person is going 2 b responsible for transportation, feeding n miscellaneous expenses

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.