Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (510552 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:12am On Sep 06, 2012
goodness1109:
. I was only sent a letter today through VFS stating that that i am given 30days to defend the doc(the a/c statmt). But what am after now is to have my other docs - educational certificates and passports - back to me. How do i do that? Do i need to mail them to discontinue the processing of my application?

@Goodness, hw far? Has ur docs been released?
Plz send me ur contact to floxybrown_4u@yahoo.com, we need to talk offline.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2012
mercylicious:

@Goodness, hw far? Has ur docs been released?
Plz send me ur contact to floxybrown_4u@yahoo.com, we need to talk offline.

Did you submit a doctored account statement? If you did, I suggest you allow things play out and avoid further entanglement. The only problem here is a likely 2yrs ban which I don't pray for.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bakorede(m): 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
valentino81:

@ lovesavvi; good observation, buh do u say that based on the delay by cdhc or what?
don't u thnk its getin late as per submitin ur documents.less than 4 months now 4 Jan start date!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by PLSHELEP: 2:25pm On Sep 06, 2012
Hi everyone,
i've been following this forum for a while and i want to say you all are doing a hell of a job. Abeg, pls helep me, i'v been waiting for an acceptance letter since forever, i finally got a mail saying my admission has been confirmed but i have to pay 1150 dols to confirm the admission and get my letter sent to me. The institution is Centennial College, course is Construction mgmt, its a PGD. Now my dilemma, this is the first week of sept, course starts in Jan, am i too late to apply at the CDHC? Does anybody have any idea on how many days it would take for my admission letter to get to me?? i previously 'jonzed' thinking i could study at the masters level with my 2.2, i'm registered with this educational agents called and i paid a lot which includes visa processing fee, so i want to know if anybody has been involved with them and if they can be of any help during my visa application Abeg, Questions yapa, but i'll be very happy to get responses (positive and negative) as soon as possible.
Thanks,
PLSHELEP... Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 2:38pm On Sep 06, 2012
@all, wat does UCI on the application for study permit form mean?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 3:04pm On Sep 06, 2012
PLSHELEP: Hi everyone,
i've been following this forum for a while and i want to say you all are doing a hell of a job. Abeg, pls helep me, i'v been waiting for an acceptance letter since forever, i finally got a mail saying my admission has been confirmed but i have to pay 1150 dols to confirm the admission and get my letter sent to me. The institution is Centennial College, course is Construction mgmt, its a PGD. Now my dilemma, this is the first week of sept, course starts in Jan, am i too late to apply at the CDHC? Does anybody have any idea on how many days it would take for my admission letter to get to me?? i previously 'jonzed' thinking i could study at the masters level with my 2.2, i'm registered with this educational agents called and i paid a lot which includes visa processing fee, so i want to know if anybody has been involved with them and if they can be of any help during my visa application Abeg, Questions yapa, but i'll be very happy to get responses (positive and negative) as soon as possible.
Thanks,
PLSHELEP... Lol

If you have all documents readily on ground(police report,certs n university transcript,etc) you can still give it a shot. But then, you can always defer it should CDHC do what they know to do best(delay).......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 4:20pm On Sep 06, 2012
For students coming to Toronto, or already in Toronto, here are details of proposed NL meet up.

Please RSVP in this section or via email to myself (email in profile)by end of this week, for reservations.

Date: Saturday September 15

Time: 3pm

Location: Korean Grill House, 754 Yonge Street (Yonge and Bloor)

Website & menu: www.koreangrillhouse.com/yb_home.htm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 4:38pm On Sep 06, 2012
Thank God for good health... but its like being Called for medicals is now the in-prayer ooo... Ive waited just a month and the anxiety of not being called and status via tracking not changing has started to get to me angry

Just hoping I get called soon.. Having the vfsglobal site bookmarked on my android for tracking at every odd hour is not funny again abeg... lolz... It is well shaa grin

Abeg anyone going to Thompson Rivers Uni, Kamloops for January hollaaaa.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 4:47pm On Sep 06, 2012
PLSHELEP: Hi everyone,
Thanks,
PLSHELEP... Lol

The school can send a scanned letter prior to when the hard copy admission letter is sent via post.. That one can take up to two weeks... So if you do pay, use the scanned letter and put it along with your application stating that the hard-copy letter will be sent shortly.. I also had the problem which did not allow me apply for a september start (late documents and all)... I also registered with preparation for life.. They helped me in arrangement of my documents a day before i submitted. They do not assure you of visa... They tell you what you need to get done and it is up to you do get all their guided requirements ready for submission. They are good agents though.. I applied for January admissions in augusts and I feel if you apply early enough this month... at least nothing later than next week, you should be able to get your documents processed before time @Jokzoh

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 4:52pm On Sep 06, 2012
@Jokzoh... I mean I applied for my Study permit in august... not admissions smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 4:52pm On Sep 06, 2012
Lutobi: Thank God for good health... but its like being Called for medicals is now the in-prayer ooo... Ive waited just a month and the anxiety of not being called and status via tracking not changing has started to get to me angry

Just hoping I get called soon.. Having the vfsglobal site bookmarked on my android for tracking at every odd hour is not funny again abeg... lolz... It is well shaa grin

Abeg anyone going to Thompson Rivers Uni, Kamloops for January hollaaaa.....

@lutobi, can u plz send me the site my e-mail: kelvinavann@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 4:58pm On Sep 06, 2012
efosa12345:

@lutobi, can u plz send me the site my e-mail: kelvinavann@yahoo.com

What site?? The VFSGlobal site?? https://www.vfsglobalonline.com/Canada-Nigeria-GlobalTracker/GlobalPassportTracker.aspx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2012
Don Cipher: @all, wat does UCI on the application for study permit form mean?

Think it means universal client identification number... saw something like that on CIC site
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2012
Any guru in d house studying at saskatchewan?PLS ALERT ME.GOD BLESS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 5:32pm On Sep 06, 2012
@lutobi, i meant how is it assigned & how does it affect an application.

Don Cipher: @all, wat does UCI on the application for study permit form mean?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 6:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
Don Cipher: @lutobi, i meant how is it assigned & how does it affect an application.

I dont know... i used Vfs application system... maybe its for those who applied to d embassy directly... NOT sure.. cos i used thr VAC system for my application and i was given a reference number for web tracking and nothing of sort
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 6:32pm On Sep 06, 2012
D UCI number is given to those who'dapplied before. If dis is ur first tym, u nid not worry bout it wink.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 7:15pm On Sep 06, 2012
This is my 2nd application.
dealexad: D UCI number is given to those who'dapplied before. If dis is ur first tym, u nid not worry bout it wink.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 8:03pm On Sep 06, 2012
@ don cipher, check the letter that was attached to your application on why you where refused, it maybe there. I applied last year,but i withdrew my application after about four months (for some reasons), there was a letter that was addressed to me and on it i found my UCI number which i used this year when i reapplied. If you cant find it, you dont need to bother, just go ahead and submit your application. Best of luck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by osram(m): 8:27pm On Sep 06, 2012
@all If u were denied a visa for september semester can u use the same acceptance letter to apply for january semester?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 06, 2012
@all.Please what is the duration of a TRV.Does it depend on the duration of one's program of study?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2012
Ceejay2:

im heading to University of Saskatchewan and i would be submitting my documents unfailingly next week by the grace of God.

Ok mine isnt UofS so our destinations aren't the same. All the best still.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 9:07pm On Sep 06, 2012
With Joy in my heart, am happy to tell the house that I got my TRV today
15 months multiple entries visa wink Alhamdulillah
For the expectants yours is surely on the way by the grace of God Almighty.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2012
pharmow: With Joy in my heart, am happy to tell the house that I got my TRV today

Congratulations brother mi..so how is d preparation and how are you going about the ticket and did your status changed this morning or when?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by eo2002: 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2012
@All got my TRV today.. Leaving friday night.... Pls house am planning on using Delta Airline n they Transit in Usa do I need a USA transit Visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Briony84(f): 10:03pm On Sep 06, 2012
@pharmow.....congratulations....am so hapy for you. It shall be so for us all by the grace of GOD....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 10:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
pharmow: With Joy in my heart, am happy to tell the house that I got my TRV today

congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Briony84(f): 10:06pm On Sep 06, 2012
eo2002: @All got my TRV today.. Leaving friday night.... Pls house am planning on using Delta Airline n they Transit in Usa do I need a USA transit Visa?

Cconagratulations my dear.....wooowwwww.goodnews in the house erywhere...this is how it should be ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by shema: 10:08pm On Sep 06, 2012
Congrats bruv...journey mercy!
eo2002: @All got my TRV today.. Leaving friday night.... Pls house am planning on using Delta Airline n they Transit in Usa do I need a USA transit Visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 10:08pm On Sep 06, 2012

congrats.... all these goodnews on d thread taking away worries from my face grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by shema: 10:09pm On Sep 06, 2012
Congrats bruv...all the best!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:21pm On Sep 06, 2012

visit www.wakanow.com to choose oda flight option...i think KLM is a better option....................u need transit in d US

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.