Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:47 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (512497 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2012
Hello Fhemmmy,I just sent you an email.I will be glad to get your response.Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2012
@lutobi,
Welcome to the house. U'll get load of info here even after d outcome of ur application till u get to Canada. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2012
Ntom: Hello Fhemmmy,I just sent you an email.I will be glad to get your response.Thank you

Where did you send it to, cos i am yet to get a mail from you . . . And were you same gentleman that wanted to buy my Navigator but i never saw your break light again?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 9:11pm On Sep 03, 2012
newacca: @lutobi,
Welcome to the house. U'll get load of info here even after d outcome of ur application till u get to Canada. smiley
thanks y'all..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 03, 2012
I sent it to femmy.moto@gmail.com.No I am not the guy you are talking about.Got your email on this thread.Can I get another email address.Meanwhile I will resend it immediately.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 9:28pm On Sep 03, 2012
Ntom: I sent it to femmy.moto@gmail.com.No I am not the guy you are talking about.Got your email on this thread.Can I get another one email address.Meanwhile I will resend it immediately.

CHief, the mail on my post is the right one, but you have copied it wrong, sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2012
I just got a delivery failure email from google.I will resend it using your correct email add immediately
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 9:35pm On Sep 03, 2012
Ntom: I just got a delivery failure email from google.I will resend it using your correct email add immediately

OK, Sir . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2012
Fhemmmy:

OK, Sir . .
I have sent it sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 9:51pm On Sep 03, 2012
Ntom:
I have sent it sir.

Will respond as soon as i see it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 7:53am On Sep 04, 2012
Danyl: @justwise,pls i want to have a clarificatn on dis issue,i want to include a common-law declaratn in my documentatn but i want to know if my common law can sign d form for schedule 1 b4 i go there 2submit or my common law must follow me to d VAC office to sign the form,there's a portion of d form that said,'don't fill this sectn now as u wil be asked to sign it b4 a canadian officer' pls enlighten me n secondly in regards to tax issues i worked btw 2009 n january 2012 but they dont a good system of payment,no tax issues no payslip just payment by hand,what do i av to show 2d VO dat i've bn working,though am nw in self study n forex trading n i don't want to complicate issues for my self.
So also is it compulsory 2include my sponsor's cert. Of registratn of company,wat if he's not around,pls enlighten me,thanx
somebody shud answer my question,ehnnn
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by amby147: 8:29am On Sep 04, 2012
Danyl:
somebody shud answer my question,ehnnn

@all
Commonlaw partner fit be ur girlfrnd?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 04, 2012
@all,
Please answer Danyl quest? Wat is common law partner( we know 2 ppl culd be living together bt nt married), is dt d common law specified in canny forms? Has anyone seen any dt got visa wit dt?

Some ppl get trv and prv and hv to start d process all over again for their patners, which I feel this common law patner seem to address, anyone wit info on this shld plz enlighten us.

@d guy dt use pfl, try n ask them, I believe they hv answer to this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 11:14am On Sep 04, 2012
amby147:

@all
Commonlaw partner fit be ur girlfrnd?
i believe ur common law should be someone u r engaged 2,n planning to marry in d long run...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 11:28am On Sep 04, 2012
eo2002: My sch resumes Today hv done my Med since 15th of AUG.... My fear now is CDHC asking me for a new start date I can't afford the wait...pls house is it possible to still get TRV a week after the start Date? I need Urgent reply pls.

eo2002 we are in the same situation, I will advise U to write your international student adviser of the situation of things telling him/her that U have done your medicals and presently awaiting the trv. I guess the schools have flexibility for international students. All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 04, 2012
D definition says they must AGREE to marry and COHABIT.
They question is has anyone got visa wit this kind of arrangement?
Don't use it if u r nt sure of it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 04, 2012
pharmow:

eo2002 we are in the same situation, I will advise U to write your international student adviser of the situation of things telling him/her that U have done your medicals and presently awaiting the trv. I guess the schools have flexibility for international students. All the best

Calm down. Visit the school's website and check for last date for registration. You can also send a mail to d school informing them of ur case. Don't be lazy(like me)- wake up at night and pray
concerning it ASAP. If its possible, start making contacts for wia ull stay wen u reach Canny, cos I must tell u- its nt going to be easy but with hardwork and determination, ull succeed.
Its easier getting to Canada and sorting out accomodation issues before classes begin. There standard of edu is far ahead of ours,they assume u hv d same standard and fire frm dt standard, so u need to do more work- put in extra hours to meet up.

Don't worry, this week is ur week.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by eo2002: 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2012
mercylicious:

Calm down. Visit the school's website and check for last date for registration. You can also send a mail to d school informing them of ur case. Don't be lazy(like me)- wake up at night and pray
concerning it ASAP. If its possible, start making contacts for wia ull stay wen u reach Canny, cos I must tell u- its nt going to be easy but with hardwork and determination, ull succeed.
Its easier getting to Canada and sorting out accomodation issues before classes begin. There standard of edu is far ahead of ours,they assume u hv d same standard and fire frm dt standard, so u need to do more work- put in extra hours to meet up.

@mercylicious Thanks a lot.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2012
@all if a visa is granted for a masters program for Sept. admission and one gets a PhD offer from another schl for January admission, must he enter Canada 1st before changing the visa or change it b4 entering Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2012
geotherm: @all if a visa is granted for a masters program for Sept. admission and one gets a PhD offer from another schl for January admission, must he enter Canada 1st before changing the visa or change it b4 entering Canada?

to the best of my knowledge, YES....it is advisable to enter for sept. admission
cos i read somewhere that the condition on your study permit can be changed in canada

An officer may impose, vary, or cancel conditions on yours study permit. These may include one or more of the following:
 the type of studies or course you may take,
 the educational institution you may attend,
 the location of your studies,
 the time and place at which you shall report for medical examination or observation,
 the time and place at which you shall report to present evidence of compliance with applicable conditions,
 the prohibition of engaging in employment ,
 the duration of your stay in Canada
REFERENCE, "immigration canada", "study in canada", "applications for study permit made outside of canada"

i believe if you can transfer from one school to another in CANADA,you can also change the kind of program you're doing
BUT i think you'll loose money as in the money you payed to the first school
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 3:06pm On Sep 04, 2012
For students coming to Toronto, or already in Toronto, here are details of proposed meet up.

Please RSVP in this section or via email to myself (email in profile)by end of this week, for reservations.

Date: Saturday September 15

Time: 3pm

Location: Korean Grill House, 754 Yonge Street (Yonge and Bloor)

Website & menu: www.koreangrillhouse.com/yb_home.htm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2012
mercylicious:

Thanks mercylicious,I have checked the college website and the last date for registration is next week tuesday which is the reason for the anxiety. I had already sent mail to my student adviser but still expecting her response. Like U advised I have been working on the accommodation thingy. If I may ask, what are the requirements for doing registration and how long does it normally take. I believe I will cope when I get there
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2012
Thanks so much for d eye opener.

[quote author=lillaowo
to the best of my knowledge, YES....it is advisable to enter for sept. admission
cos i read somewhere that the condition on your study permit can be changed in canada

i believe if you can transfer from one school to another in CANADA,you can also change the kind of program you're doing
BUT i think you'll loose money as in the money you payed to the first school[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2012
geotherm:
Thanks so much for d eye opener.

welcome bro..we re all here to get knowledge.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lalla89: 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2012
@all pls if i was refuse a visa for september semester ,can i use d same aceptance letter to aply 4 january semester ,d aceptance have a 2 start date thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 8:37pm On Sep 04, 2012
lalla89: @all pls if i was refuse a visa for september semester ,can i use d same aceptance letter to aply 4 january semester ,d aceptance have a 2 start date thanks
Yes you can but please make sure your status change completely. Besides if you are applying for January, you should do that like yesterday because we are already in September which is the least time for submission against January
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2012
@all,I will like to know whether I need to provide evidence of 2 years tuition plus living expenses fund in my account to the embassy to be eligible for a visa for a 2 year master program OR do I need to provide just a year tuition plus living expenses fund in my account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 9:07pm On Sep 04, 2012
Ntom: @all,I will like to know whether I need to provide evidence of 2 years tuition plus living expenses fund in my account to the embassy to be eligible for a visa for a 2 year master program OR do I need to provide just a year tuition plus living expenses fund in my account.

From the activities on the account that you submitted, they are smart enough to concluded on your evidence of funds for your 2 years program.
While they never asked for such evidence perse, i would advice that you have enuf money in the account to take care of such, however, dont go and lodge all such money into the account a week before you submit it to the.
Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2012
Ntom: @all,I will like to know whether I need to provide evidence of 2 years tuition plus living expenses fund in my account to the embassy to be eligible for a visa for a 2 year master program OR do I need to provide just a year tuition plus living expenses fund in my account.

please read through the thread from part 2...ur questions already answered....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 04, 2012
Thank you @earthgreeners and Fhemmmy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lalla89: 9:59pm On Sep 04, 2012
kennyGGG:
Yes you can but please make sure your status change completely. Besides if you are applying for January, you should do that like yesterday because we are already in September which is the least time for submission against January
tnx bro i wl do that bt pls add on fb as abdullahi lalla to talk more
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Ceejay2: 11:04pm On Sep 04, 2012
@spencer3705, bro congrats on ur medical oo. where u asked to pay for 1 year tuition fees?
@kennyGGG and @ALL, im planning on submitting before the end of the month, hope im good to go??

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.