Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Will You Marry An Atheist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will You Marry An Atheist? (28054 Views)

Can U Marry An Atheist??? / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Marry An Atheist? by LogicMind: 12:52pm On Jun 12, 2012
Just wondering with naija girls mentality if a very good, rich, loving, handsome, intelligent, educated fellow fell madly in love with you and you with him but you realise he doesn't believe in any god. Will you still marry him if he proposes?
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Dyt(f): 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2012
u lookin 4 a babe?
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Zi: 1:01pm On Jun 12, 2012
Will u marry someone that believes in the existence of a supernatural being?

2 Likes

Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 12, 2012
Logic Mind: Just wondering with naija girls mentality if a very good, rich, loving, handsome, intelligent, educated fellow fell madly in love with you and you with him but you realise he doesn't believe in any god. Will you still marry him if he proposes?

Yes i would. Couldnt care less about religion. What i wont do is marry a religion freak!
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by LogicMind: 1:55pm On Jun 12, 2012
Dyt: u lookin 4 a babe?

Nope. Already got loads but Naija babes are the most jesus-freak of all.

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Dyt(f): 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2012
and u want one of naija babes ryt?
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by RealBitch(f): 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2012
Logic Mind: Just wondering with naija girls mentality if a very good, rich, loving, handsome, intelligent, educated fellow fell madly in love with you and you with him but you realise he doesn't believe in any god. Will you still marry him if he proposes?
No to atheism, No to Fanatism. Yes to Spiritualism and Rationalism.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by LogicMind: 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2012
Dyt: and u want one of naija babes ryt?

this is not about me. ok?
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by foyeks2001(f): 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2012
my bible tells me that '' do not be equally yoked with unbelievers'' meaning d suppose partner can as well influences ur faith in God be it positively or negatively....but always good to be on a safer side....so it is a capital NO for me

4 Likes

Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Dyt(f): 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2012
Logic Mind:

this is not about me. ok?

abt who den?
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Mynd44: 4:26pm On Jun 12, 2012
Of cause I can
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Sisterfatie(f): 4:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
Yes cos i'm one

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by slimyem: 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
undecided!
...but its not a stong opposing factor!
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2012
slimyem: undecided!
...but its not a stong opposing factor!
Same here!
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Sweetlemon(f): 8:06pm On Jun 12, 2012
A
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Sweetlemon(f): 8:06pm On Jun 12, 2012
Anybody who believes in and loves God will not even think of marrying someone who doesn't believe in God. Except of course if there are other benefits such aa money, connections, etc. Even with that, it is only CORE MATERIALISTIC people who would do so because marrying someone who does not believe in your heavenly father is like (even more serious than) marrying someone who has no regard for your earthly father. That's the bitter truth

3 Likes

Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2012
Sweetlemon: Anybody who believes in God will not even think of marrying someone who doesn't believe in God. Except of course if there are other benefits such aa money, connections, etc. Even with that, it is only CORE MATERIALISTIC people who would do so. That's the bitter truth
So in other words, God said we should condemn d idea abi? Na wa o! See believer preaching it her own way.
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by slimyem: 8:20pm On Jun 12, 2012
Sweetlemon: Anybody who believes in and loves God will not even think of marrying someone who doesn't believe in God. Except of course if there are other benefits such aa money, connections, etc. Even with that, it is only CORE MATERIALISTIC people who would do so because marrying someone who does not believe in your heavenly father is like (even more serious than) marrying someone who has no regard for your earthly father. That's the bitter truth
you can believe in God but still be rational/objective in respecting other people's views about religion.
We can't all think,act,worship the same way or the same things.
....and that's the beauty of it..the beauty in diversity!
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Sweetlemon(f): 8:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
Idowuogbo:
So in other words, God said we should condemn d idea abi? Na wa o! See believer preaching it her own way.
What idea? Excuse me, but we are talking about someone who doesn't even believe in God's existence, remember? How can you marry someone who does not recognize someone you call your father, much more your heavenly father Hello!

2 Likes

Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Sweetlemon(f): 8:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
slimyem: you can believe in God but still be rational/objective in respecting other people's views about religion.
We can't all think,act,worship the same way or the same things.
....and that's the beauty of it..the beauty in diversity!
You don't get it do you? I ask again, how can you marry someone who does not recognize someone you call your father? Your answer is as good as mine. It all depends how much you love or value your the person you call your father. Shikena!

2 Likes

Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by manmustwac(m): 10:45pm On Jun 12, 2012
Sweetlemon: Anybody who believes in and loves God will not even think of marrying someone who doesn't believe in God. Except of course if there are other benefits such aa money, connections, etc. Even with that, it is only CORE MATERIALISTIC people who would do so because marrying someone who does not believe in your heavenly father is like (even more serious than) marrying someone who has no regard for your earthly father. That's the bitter truth
Marry your God fearing Christian and just hope he doesn't turnout to be a God fearing wife beater. Because if you want to judge character behaviour or whether your spouse is nice or not based on religious beliefs. Forget it. Your just deluding yourself
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Goldieluks: 10:50pm On Jun 12, 2012
foyeks2001: my bible tells me that '' do not be equally yoked with unbelievers'' meaning d suppose partner can as well influences ur faith in God be it positively or negatively....but always good to be on a safer side....so it is a capital NO for me
cool cool
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by ZUBY77(m): 11:05pm On Jun 12, 2012
All of them will marry the guy. I have proof

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by cowgurl: 11:27pm On Jun 12, 2012
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by LogicMind: 11:45pm On Jun 12, 2012
Dyt:

abt who den?

you
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by cowgurl: 11:52pm On Jun 12, 2012
cowgurl:

Howdy Logic Mind!
Reading tru ur post, it was quite obvious to me u already have d
answer(I bet -ve)of ur so called "naija gals mentality". That being
said, 'l go ahead n put down Cowgurl's n u are free 2 question it cos 'l
be right here 2 answer.

Okay, I can b friends with + date an atheist but Marriage? NAY.
I just can't see mysef getting married in other religion and I sure
won't reprimand any1 who wants to cos it's them + their prerogative to
do whatsoever they deem fit.

Fact is, right now one may be feeling it's okay to marry from other
religions but wat happens wen dem kids are born in2 such a family? Wat
wil b their faith? I mean, do u even think about them b4 making them decisions? 'cos they sure need to be considered as well.

IT'S JUST NOT ADVISABLE, Simple!

Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by LogicMind: 11:54pm On Jun 12, 2012
foyeks2001: my bible tells me that '' do not be equally yoked with unbelievers'' meaning d suppose partner can as well influences ur faith in God be it positively or negatively....but always good to be on a safer side....so it is a capital NO for me

My wife used to talk like that. Then I became an atheist. Today she is a converted atheist.
People change.

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by LogicMind: 11:56pm On Jun 12, 2012
cowgurl:

Howdy Logic Mind!
Reading tru ur post, it was quite obvious to me u already have d answer(I bet -ve)of ur so called "naija gals mentality". That being said, 'l go ahead n put down Cowgurl's n u are free 2 question it cos 'l be right here 2 answer.

Okay, I can b friends with + date an atheist but Marriage? NAY.
I just can't see mysef getting married in other religion and I sure won't reprimand any1 who wants to cos it's them + their prerogative to do whatsoever they deem fit.

Fact is, right now one may be feeling it's okay to marry from other religions but wat happens wen dem kids are born in2 such a family? Wat wil b their faith? Do u even think about them b4 making them decisions?

IT'S JUST NOT ADVISABLE!

Children nowadays do what they want mostly.
My parents were staunch christian church goers, but I ended up an atheist, so it's no guarantee.
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by ijebabe: 12:05am On Jun 13, 2012
I would be lying if I said I could marry an atheist. Other than going to church/mosque etc, I feel religion is also in the heart and that is very important to me.
I wonder what personal reasons you have for being one but good luck with your search. It shouldn't be that hard I think.
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Tashaluv(f): 12:15am On Jun 13, 2012
Church-minded speaking and for all the money in this world, I won't . . With a capital WON'T

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by cowgurl: 12:50am On Jun 13, 2012
Logic Mind:
Children nowadays do what they want mostly

And as such we should'nt put them into consideration before getting married? Are u kidding me? Or that statement of yours only applies to this issue, which would be hilarious.
Listen, it's more like you knowing your girl is having same genotype as you (AS) and you both still went ahead in tying the damn knots without thinking how that decision of yours is gonna affect ur kids, it's totally ridiculous!

My parents were staunch christian church goers, but I ended up an atheist, so it's no guarantee.

Yes! It's no guarantee cos kids nowadays mingle with all manner of folks and get influenced in one way or the other. We've not even seen the last of this many religions yet, more are still upcoming I tell ya.

All am saying is simple, it's advisable to get married to your faith QED!
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Areaboy2(m): 12:55am On Jun 13, 2012
RealBitch: No to atheism, No to Fanatism. Yes to Spiritualism and Rationalism.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Really wink

right! undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Orimiri Jordan In Enugu, Heals Mad Man / "My Spirit Husband Is Ruining My Life" - Nigerian Woman Cries Out / Obasanjo, Ooni Of Ife, SK Abiara Attend The Comforter 2018 New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.