Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,743 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. (5153 Views)

Religious Leaders And Their Followers Take A Walk To Hell (picture) / All GO's & Religious Leaders Must Go To Prison — Pastor Tunde Bakare / Noise Pollution: Religious Leaders Deny Knowledge Of Approved Decibel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by honeric01(m): 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2012
acidtalk:

The bros couldnt just stick to the topic, i had to draw a vital synonymous point out to him.

If you aren't new here, then you should know some username shouldn't be quoted unless you want a good thread derailed.
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by PointB: 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2012
honeric01:

By trying to make it sound like a christian vs Muslim's thread.

By bringing a balance to the thread you mean? Or you prefer to feign ignorance of the fact that this topic is which is supposed to be about "Religious Leaders" somehow discussed Pastors and Churches, and Criminality

How about Immams, Mosques, and Terrorism? Taboo?
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by acidtalk: 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2012
redsun: Criminality is a norm in nigeria.That is why the leaders are criminals,the police are criminals,the judges are criminals.While the clergies are top class deluded and cynical criminals.

Now if this is the case, will we be right to say then that theres is absolutely no hope of Nigerian getting better.

Ploice - the people to arrest crime and criminals
Judges - the people to see justice is delivered in the society to avoid people from being cheated.
Clergy men - the only place the truth is meant to be said and the fear of Gos instilled in people.

NIGERIA DON FINISH BE THAT!!!
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by redsun(m): 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2012
acidtalk:

Now if this is the case, will we be right to say then that theres is absolutely no hope of Nigerian getting better.

Judges - the people to see justice is delivered in the society to avoid people from being cheated.
Clergy men - the only place the truth is meant to be said and the fear of Gos instilled in people.

That is why it has the status of a rogue state.Why criminals like tinubu,obj,lucky igbininedion are up and about,having press confrences that supposedly represent the people's interest.

Lest i forget,nigerian press is a rogue one too.

1 Like

Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by honeric01(m): 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2012
acidtalk:

Nigeria is going to be better when mosque don't spring up from no where with some funny doctrines and also when you MUST have a history of "being" called to be an imam

Nigeria is going to be better when people stop going to bible schools out of frustration, when churches don't spring up as if they are banks and when simple issues are not spiritualized. building roads shouldn't be spiritualized and being financially poor shouldn't also be spiritualized.
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by honeric01(m): 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2012
redsun:

That is why it has the status of a rogue state.Why criminals like tinubu,obj,lucky igbininedion are up and about,having press confrences that supposedly represent the people's interest.

Lest i forget,nigerian press is a rogue one too.

The press is now for the highest bidder.

Punch

Guardian

Dailytimes

e.t.c
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by acidtalk: 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2012
honeric01:

Nigeria is going to be better when mosque don't spring up from no where with some funny doctrines and also when you MUST have a history of "being" called to be an imam

Nigeria is going to be better when people stop going to bible schools out of frustration, when churches don't spring up as if they are banks and when simple issues are not spiritualized. building roads shouldn't be spiritualized and being financially poor shouldn't also be spiritualized.

Will i be right to say we should first OCCUPY our religious houses before thinking to occupy the streets to protest corrupt activities by our politicians and public office holders?
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by Beaf1: 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2012
The poster even forgot to add this:

A Pentecostal pastor in Onitsha, Anambra State was on Tuesday detained at the Central Police Station (CPS), Onitsha for allegedly Molesting an 11-year-old girl while supposedly delivering her from witchcraft.

The pastor, whose church is situated at Tasia Road, Inland Town, Onitsha, was said to have told Chioma Onyeji, mother of the Molestation victim, who was in the church for a spiritual programme to leave the girl behind for some days in order to expel the evil spirit in her.

He further said the young girl possessed demonic spirit and witchcraft and consequently insisted that the girl should stay back with him.

Mrs Onyeji, who leaves in Asaba, Delta State, saw her daughter bleeding from her private part when she returned a few days later to pick her girl from the church and informed the police who immediately arrested the pastor.
Upon investigation, the girl told her mother that the pastor Molested her three times after spreading white cloth on the floor.
The Divisional Police Officer (DPO) at the CPS, Onitsha, Abdul Yusuf, told journalists on Tuesday that he was not on seat, but a police officer, who did not want his name mentioned, confirmed the incident, adding that the pastor would soon be charged to court.

1 Like

Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by acidtalk: 1:37pm On Jun 13, 2012
Beaf!:
The poster even forgot to add this:

Just read through that thread and how was like "what the heck" is wrong with these self acclaimed men of God?
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by honeric01(m): 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2012
acidtalk:

Will i be right to say we should first OCCUPY our religious houses before thinking to occupy the streets to protest corrupt activities by our politicians and public office holders?

Occupy or dessert?
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by acidtalk: 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2012
honeric01:

Occupy or dessert?

Na you sabi!
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by 2mch(m): 3:36pm On Jun 13, 2012
I strongly believe this. They are the originators and facilitators of corruption in Nigeria. They feed on the fact that Nigerians are very religious. And they dubiously program them to be dependent on them. I mean some Nigerians cannot shite without pastors permission. Still Nigeria is a very big mess. Nigerian pastors, imams, even babalawo. They need to come together and have a reorientation. It is really bad. They will collect money from anyone and bless even a killer. lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by ifihearam: 3:41pm On Jun 13, 2012
Rubbish thread
By the power vested in me
I hereby declare it CLOSED
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by 401kk: 3:45pm On Jun 13, 2012
acidtalk:

I heard you are an usher in your church.
Your fear is that if the truth is spoken and people get to realize the truth, that directly means your church will go bankrupt which leaves you totally pennyless as no more 'tips' again from members of your church on sundays.

Were have you heard a muslim leader buying a jet, or owning a mosque. Most of them barely even do have exotic cars, and those that do, they personally use their funds to run them and cater for themselves.

Must People like you always drag sentiments to every discussion.

Now run to bed and go drown in your foo*l*ishness.

You are a senile monkey!

1. Religious leaders don't force you to listen to what they say, pay for their jets or to obey and adhere to their teachings. You do so out of your own volition
2. You are a fool to you say religious leaders are the real enemies of Nigeria.

You are just so stupid
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 13, 2012
The vultures have derailed the thread as always!
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2012
In northern Nigeria? YES.

1 Like

Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by donpeluchi(m): 4:00pm On Jun 13, 2012
A lot of fakes everywhere, pastors and imams. Use ur head!!!!
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:08pm On Jun 13, 2012
We all are guilty in making corruption (get rich quick at all cost)the most damaging effect in this country.
We tend to worship money both at the altars in churches and pews in mosques.

1 Like

Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by adelegacy(m): 4:09pm On Jun 13, 2012
well dis is interesting let remove religion affliations.both our religious leaders muslim n christians cause dis problem.though its well pronounced in the church bt it exists in some mosque.our religious leader r nw after worldly tins even traditional ruler has been compromised.

1 Like

Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by juman(m): 4:12pm On Jun 13, 2012
donpeluchi: A lot of fakes everywhere, pastors and imams. Use ur head!!!!

Certainly religious leaders are enemies of the people.

They are also very greedy and selfish like politicians.

Their only desire is amassing wealth but nothing else.

Hiss.
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by hotwax: 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2012
Post this in 50 times, it doesnt makes all Nigerian xtians to convert to muslim.

When I saw ur topic, I thought you wanted to address all religions, but you singled christianity out, and, that makes your thread a junk and piece of sh***t coming from a pissed off muslam.

So I just need to ask you a question.

Does Lawwan the Otedola bribery guy goes to church ? No, he is a muslim/hausa. What are Imams doing to stop muslims from curroption ?

Boko-harams, are they xtians ? No ? Does terrorism not part of crime ?

Corruption and criminality has nothing to do with religion. it is 50 50. I dont know why a mentally viable person can write this type of post, and some die hard monkeys are applauding you.

See beyond religion for Nigerian problem. Regardless of the church, every sunday, all pastors preached against sin. From catholic to Winner. Even winner chapel that preaches prosperity also preach against sin. So what else do you want those pastors to do ? Start killing their church members?

Pastor can never dictate my life for me. Pastor is just a religion guide. I can listen to him only if I want. No legal/constitution obligation.

If you have problem with xtianity, just let us know or go and join ur boko-haram brothers or go kiss a nearby NEPA transformer.

But, I have never seen a chritian opening a thread to bash muslims/Imam. They mind their businesses. Mind your own too. Nobody force xtianity on u.
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by ebamma(m): 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2012
in Nigeria if u are successful from wat u do, others will want to follow suit,since miracle and prosperity churches are money-spinners dis days,many others are springing up.
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by belovedaja(m): 5:28pm On Jun 13, 2012
Islam particularly is an enemy of human race.
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by Coded200(m): 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2012
Jakumo's post - "Very good write-up, AcidTalk. The quaint, archaic obsession of most Nigerians with all things religious, paranormal or mystical is the reason the world will have to wait for at least another generation before Nigeria ever records a single feat of scientific or technological discovery.

There is precious little space left for analytical or logical reasoning in any mind that remains burdened down with the dead-weight of superstitious and paranormal beliefs, given that such a mindset places ALL emphasis on hocus-pocus, prayer to a multitude of deities, sacrificial offerings and ritual murder, as the chosen means to achieve objectives in a real world that is ruled by the laws of physics and technological innovation, rather than by the musings and ramblings of Juju witch-doctors, religious charlatans and money-grubbing "prophets"."

People, no need to argue back and forth. Jakumo nailed it. Forget whatever religious affiliation you belong to (after all, religion was imperialists' export to their colonies - originally, our ancestors were animists). The "koko" is we live in a logically driven world, your spirituality has nothing to do with the outcome of your existence. What would be, would be - good or bad. We were born, we WILL die. Until Nigeria realistically wakes up (sadly, I fear that's not happening in my generation), but we never know.
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by myfriend1(m): 6:17pm On Jun 13, 2012
our youths are now seeking for miracle thereby failed woefully to work or think for the progress of this country. since religious leaders made the youths to believe that there is short cut to success. england is able to rule tho whole world because of education, we encourage our children to educate themselves not phd type that cannot predict where he want to be in the next five years.
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by honeric01(m): 6:22pm On Jun 13, 2012
my-friend:
our youths are now seeking for miracle thereby failed woefully to work or think for the progress of this country. since religious leaders made the youths to believe that there is short cut to success. england is able to rule tho whole world because of education, we encourage our children to educate themselves not phd type that cannot predict where he want to be in the next five years.

For real?
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by acidtalk: 7:19pm On Jun 13, 2012
my-friend:

You are so on point
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by warrior101: 7:39pm On Jun 13, 2012
Hope this isn't a thread to bash the likes of Oyedekpo who is an Anti- President? I am surprised to see beaf on this topic after all.

My answer to this topic is yes they are enemy of humanity to a larger extent...
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by kingroyce: 8:12pm On Jun 13, 2012
God's not an author of confusion,besides Jesus himself prophesied that at the tail end of the world that so many pastors will be only for their bellies,many pastors will be fake, these are just end-time signs that the Lord Jesus made us to know when on earth in semi-human form.that doesn't mean there are no real pastors. The core teachings of Jesus were about salvation of the soul and love 4 God then to man. Funny enough God never founded christianity- nor did Jesus form any religion.it's just a lifestyle that is holy and powerful that God is putting to us all but the devil is attacking christianity .have u ever heard of any religion that is as antagonised as christianity? The devil can only fight against truth and leave the lies be.
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by kingroyce: 8:27pm On Jun 13, 2012
Pls i'll love to ask how is oyedepo anti-president?
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by dayotheone(m): 8:29pm On Jun 13, 2012
Beaf!:

^
You must be another criminal pastor.

Are you saying he should say same thing for Islam/Muslims? May be you should help him out. Muslims imams doesnt even own a mosque. There are no branches of mosques. All mosques irrespective of their sizes, built with mud or a gold are all headquarters cheesy
for the fact that muslims grandfather are not build mosques,doesnt say they dont have death trape implanted in them....i notice sth that where ever musilm are there are bound to be high rate of killing, take iraq for example , if when xtain are not even there ,they were killing and cosing trouble,all around ....i conclude with musilm there is bound to be no peace at all .. And mr man stop jugding because you are even the most corrupt person i can see here
Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by acidtalk: 8:42pm On Jun 13, 2012
dayotheone: for the fact that muslims grandfather are not build mosques,doesnt say they dont have death trape implanted in them....i notice sth that where ever musilm are there are bound to be high rate of killing, take iraq for example , if when xtain are not even there ,they were killing and cosing trouble,all around ....i conclude with musilm there is bound to be no peace at all .. And mr man stop jugding because you are even the most corrupt person i can see here

Was Adolf Hitler a Muslim?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinese Woman Arrested For Preaching To President Xi / What Man Must Do To Have A Right To The Tree Of Life / Evidence Of God's Existence- To All Athiests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.