Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal (9077 Views)

Late Joshua Ocholi’s Dream That Was So Cut Short / Ebola Holiday.over 5,000 Pregnant School Girls Re-admitted In Sierra Leone / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by Onasa22: 9:06pm On Jun 13, 2012
They should resume to come and watch the movie titled: "Offer & Acceptance" part 1 & 2. Shameless people-o-o-o!
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by Spirit96(m): 9:10pm On Jun 13, 2012
FAROUK IS A LICE DAT HAS BN SUCKING D LIFE BLOOD OF OUR COUNTRY 4 A LONG TIME. D SMALISH HAUSA FUKANI HAS AMASED SO MUCH WEALTH. HE GOOFED BY GREEDILLY ACCEPTING DIS GRAVE-HELL BRIBERY. NO WONDER, OBJ SAID THEY ARE ROUGUES N CRIMINALS, INDEED I NOW BELIEVED DAT HE ABSOLUTELY KNOWS WHAT HE'S TALKING ABT. I BET U, NOTHING WILL BE DONE 2 DIS MAN. I WILL SUGGEST DAT DIS MONEY SHLD BE COLLECTED FRM FAROUK N SEND IT 2 D LESS PRIVILEGE OR USE IT 4 A CAPITAL PROJECT DAT ALL NAIJAS WILL C. I BET U, NOTHING U WILL BE SUBSEQUENTLY BE HEARED ABT DIS MONEY. BUT U KEEP APPORTIONING BLAME 2 D POLICEMAN DAT ACCEPTS N20 FOR BRIBE. KEEP PRAYING 4 NAIJA.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by mufc009(m): 9:11pm On Jun 13, 2012
If u have 1 billion naira n spend N50,000 everyday u will spend it for d next 54yrs+ and yet our leaders keep embezzling it God punish dem all
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by tpapi: 9:11pm On Jun 13, 2012
daywatcher: boko harm...are you reading this, they will all be there
nothing 4 BH,security is tight over dat arena
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by Pakavy(m): 9:20pm On Jun 13, 2012
mai gaskiya: And dy stl hav d guts 2 cal dmsfs honourables.les i 4got wer is aji haram cm nd defend ur thef of an uncle.hoples hausas
and wat has d hausas got 2 do with this?cant u paint ur opinion of d picture with an open brush?haba mai karya!
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by Pakavy(m): 9:22pm On Jun 13, 2012
tpapi: nothing 4 BH,security is tight over dat arena
dont think so when som of d bh kingpins r reps also.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by sammisra: 9:25pm On Jun 13, 2012
*singing* We have the party goto damascus.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by cashmentor(m): 9:26pm On Jun 13, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I don't understand why the reps need to convene on this. Don't we have a Police Force, and a court system in place to handle this? If there is digital evidence of the crime, then the Police should handle this. Reps should focus on ways of ensuring the Probe report is not make a joke by this, or any other issues down the road.
me self tire O! Buh i recall OBJ calling all of' em Robbers and Criminals....the Judiciary, Legislators and the NPF, they're like 5 and 6.... I'll bet on this matter that nothing will Come out of it! Our Reps need to hide their heads in Shame, they're a disgrace to Africa, not just the Ordinary Nigerian....
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by tpapi: 9:30pm On Jun 13, 2012
Pakavy: dont think so when som of d bh kingpins r reps also.
any human being comin into dat arena goes thorough security screenin,so notin 4 d bh kingpins
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by dein77(m): 9:34pm On Jun 13, 2012
cashmentor: me self tire O! Buh i recall OBJ calling all of' em Robbers and Criminals....the Judiciary, Legislators and the NPF, they're like 5 and 6.... I'll bet on this matter that nothing will Come out of it! Our Reps need to hide their heads in Shame, they're a disgrace to Africa, not just the Ordinary Nigerian....
GBAM
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by emmykk(m): 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2012
ochukwuma15: It's unfortunate that Nigerians do not understand the turns and twists of this drama. The truth is that once you fight this guys, they will come after you. Hon? Faruk lawan (a man i respect so much) should have known this. Those that are still hoping for something to come out of the subsidy probe should hope for something else. Subsidy probe is dead and burried. My candid advice for those politicians in abuja stealing us blind, is that if you are living in a grass house, don't throw stones. Nwanne m faruk, diwe oooh.........Chuks writes from Enugu,Nigeria.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by AnotherOkija: 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2012
So they reconvene.. SO what?!

At this point, an honest government would have ordered the Police and EFCC to take over the matter and given a deadline to the Office of the Attorney general of the federation to file charges against offenders.. Also ordered the Judiciary to give priority to the case and avoid unnecessary elongation of the case through technical adjournments, court orders and other Judicial trickery.. Ordered the court proceedings to be aired Live on National Television and sat back and watched..

Jonathan is slowly beginning to piss me off.. I can make excuses for him on Boko Haram, but there is none for this.. At this point, this ceases to be a Legislative matter but one of corruption..

1 Like

Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by sholay2011(m): 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2012
lol...am sure our boko brodas wud seize dis once in a blue moon opportunity...let it begin!!
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by gbadexy(m): 9:41pm On Jun 13, 2012
Interesting, we are watching!
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by emmykk(m): 9:42pm On Jun 13, 2012
[quote author=emmykk][/quote]The masses suffer 4 2weeks over fuel subsidy,people even died.when now govt decides 2 fish out d soakin blood-bribe scandal arise.throw lawan 2 jail femi should b re-investigated and pay evry dime if he own nigeria
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by oraclefemi(m): 9:48pm On Jun 13, 2012
EXCUSE ME WHO GIVES A Bleep ABOUT WHATEVER THEY ARE DOING , ITS JUST ONE RICH MAN TELLING ANOTHER RICH MAN HE TOOK MONEY ...NOW HOW DOES THAT CONCERN US AND HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY BREAD I KEEP SAYING WHATEVER HAPPENS IN ASO ROCK SHOULD STAY IN ASO ROCK AND THEY SHOULDN'T BREAK OUR HEARTS WITH ALL THIS MILLIONS THIS AND BILLIONS THAT, WHO IS THE JUDGE TO JAIL THIS GUYS? COME ON NIGERIANS LETS WAKE UP, ONLY IN LONDON WILL THEY BE JAILED BUT FOR NAIJA .. NOTHING DEY HAPPEN! AS IT DON INVOLVE MONEY REPS DON CANCEL HOLIDAY SHARPLY LOL .. BADT GUYS
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by funkymedina: 9:48pm On Jun 13, 2012
21st century naija

Our Phones - wireless
cooking - Fireless
Cars - keyless
Food - fatless
Dress - sleeveless
Youth - Jobless
[b]Leaders - Shameless
Relationship - Meaningless
Attitude - Careless
Wives - Fearless
Feelings - heartless
Education - valueless
Children - Manner less
Lagos - Cashless
Everything is becoming less; yet our hopes are "endless" hmm infact, I am speechless.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by cashmentor(m): 9:59pm On Jun 13, 2012
funky medina: 21st century naija

Our Phones - wireless
cooking - Fireless
Cars - keyless
Food - fatless
Dress - sleeveless
Youth - Jobless
[b]Leaders - Shameless
Attitude - Careless
Wives - Fearless
Feelings - heartless
Education - valueless
Children - Manner less
Lagos - Cashless
Everything is becoming less; yet our hopes are "endless" hmm infact, I am speechless.
WOW! I throwey my Hat for this!
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by gbadexy(m): 10:06pm On Jun 13, 2012
Interesting, we are watching !
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by musty1987(m): 10:14pm On Jun 13, 2012
tessyade: They are always on recess and yet their allowances and salaries alone is 25 percent of the nation's expenditure.

cry cry cry
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by EMMABC1(m): 10:19pm On Jun 13, 2012
The latest now is that d deputy speaker Emeka Ihedioha has bn implicated in d bribery scam.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by coolheed: 10:22pm On Jun 13, 2012

Our Phones - wireless
cooking - Fireless
Cars - keyless
Food - fatless
Dress - sleeveless
Youth - Jobless
[b]Leaders - Shameless
Attitude - Careless
Wives - Fearless
Feelings - heartless
Education - valueless
Children - Manner less
Lagos - Cashless
s"
cashmentor: WOW! I throwey my Hat for this!

As soon as you throwey your hat, you become "Hatless"
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by funkymedina: 10:32pm On Jun 13, 2012
coolheed: s"

As soon as you throwey your hat, you become "Hatless"

hahahaha, good one!
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by naijaking1: 10:34pm On Jun 13, 2012
The more you learn about this story the angrier you're likely to become. I suspected Lawan was threatening Otedola, and this piece seems to confirm it. Why some people would confuse Otedola as the criminal in this case is simply incomprehensible, he did the right thing: call the authorithy.
Otedola represents every Nigerian who has been forced to cough up bribe even when there is no reason to be threatened.

1 Like

Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by tessyade: 10:48pm On Jun 13, 2012
And to think that i use to see Farouk Lawan as the only man of integrity in that house of reps. Am disappointed in him sincerely.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by tunapawizzy: 10:51pm On Jun 13, 2012
Dear BokoHaram, they will all be there in that shameless chamber on Friday. Pls strategize and bomb them all..all of dem that are troubling us.stealing our money they will all die and spend their oldage in pains. As long as u people steal money meant for all us either by bribe, contracts or appropriation especially u legislators ministers and every PDP member, as long as u steal our money and smuggle ur kids to europe, America, SA, Asia, Karma will hunt them down n make dem drug addicts, gays, lesbians,loafers, imbeciles. They will never give u joy and they will be source of sorrow to u dia parents. If u like buy dem private jet, yatch infact buy us as slaves for dem, dey will cause u dia parents pain n sorrow in ur oldage. Stupid n greedy idiots.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by mutiply: 10:53pm On Jun 13, 2012
bomb blast,ethnic clashes,dana plane crash den anoda bomb blast occured in d last few weeks and days and d hse did nt suspend its break,den moni mata arrives,dey want to rush back,d world is laughin at us,am nt askin for revolution cause if it happens,its gonna be bloody,all we want in naija is for us to see tins done d same way its done in developed countries,shameless leaders.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by ismhab(m): 10:58pm On Jun 13, 2012

Our Phones - wireless
cooking - Fireless
Cars - keyless
Food - fatless
Dress - sleeveless
Youth - Jobless
[b]Leaders - Shameless
Attitude - Careless
Wives - Fearless
Feelings - heartless
Education - valueless
Children - Manner less
Lagos - Cashless
Boko haram - Bokoless
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by Tropilo(m): 10:58pm On Jun 13, 2012

Sorry! Boko haram read only the koran (arab version).

1 Like

Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by PeterKbaba: 11:02pm On Jun 13, 2012
WATCH THIS AND FREE YOURSELF FROM SLAVERY... ANGELS AMONG US!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncITvsYR6sA
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by Willy7(m): 11:19pm On Jun 13, 2012
Ya,we are about entering d 3rd episode of the epic movie.Its coming live at the cinema near you.Watchout.But meanwhile,viewer discretion is adviced,cos its gonna get more interesting and intriguing.I'm waiting with my popcorn and soda.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by IYANGBALI: 11:20pm On Jun 13, 2012
i can hear them singing solidarity forever,solidarity forever, solidarity forever.......... grin. NOTHING GO HAPPEN,UNA GO SEE,ALL OF THEM NA THIEF DEM NO FIT DO THE MAN ANYTHING BECAUSE THEIR HANDS TOO NO CLEAN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Renewable Energy: Why Africa Looks Likely To Continue Relying On Fossil Fuels / Buhari, APC Have Kept Promise Of Relegating Nigeria – Ortom / World’s Longest-serving President Wins Re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.