Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal (9076 Views)

Late Joshua Ocholi’s Dream That Was So Cut Short / Ebola Holiday.over 5,000 Pregnant School Girls Re-admitted In Sierra Leone / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by dedeike: 11:30pm On Jun 13, 2012
1025: pdp is as shameless as a poor village dog. only under this pdp did nigerians hear a man confessing to rigging an election to the favour of another. i am talking about chris uba of anambra who told nigerians that he rigged chris ngige into power and obasanjo pushed ngige out and promoted chris uba to pdp board of trustees.
now an obasanjo projected/shameless otedola is out to prove that he bribed a man that is investigating his case.
the most unfortunate thing is that nigerians are busy blaming the bribe taker and from all indications, the man that gave the bribe will end up as our hero.
jonathan has reduced nigeria to a zoo where animals and their characters are on displays.
the party and the country is all about corruption and blood shield yet these fools are discussing 2015 yet jonathan and his vice are more interested in winning edo state than in saving the lives of innocent nigerians in the hands of boko haram.
unless we decide to go out against these godforsaken vampires, they will end up killing us one after the other and suck our bloods.
This post was obviously done in extreme bad faith. What did Gej do to you again? A member of House of Reps, who prides himself as a leader of integrity, went behind to collect bribe at the residence of an oil marketer. Jonathan never sent him to do so. Neither did Gej assist him with the vehicle that he used to convey himself to adenuga's house at midnight to collect $600,00 dollars. The truth remains that GEJ has shown a demonstrable courage to fight corruption in Nigeria. But it's unfortunate that the northern power bloc who are displeased with his present tenancy in Aso rock is really working hard to whip up hatred against him .

Unlike other presidents, Gej is the only president that doesn't throw money at the National Assembly to push his policies thru. If it were obj during the subsidy debate, we would have had gist of Ghana must go spreading around the lawmakers and subsidy would have sailed thru easily. Go and verify. Lawmakers were paid as much as 40 million before GEJ but when Gej came he reduced it to 15m quarterly before the lawmakers jerked it up in the 2012 budget to 29m quarterly. GEJ personally directed the EFCC to go after Bankole and prosecute him for the 10 billion loan scandal. When GEJ noticed that Farida was incompetent and so many graft cases were being mishandled, he sacked Farida and replaced her with Lamorde who is believed to have worked as second in command to Ribadu.

It was this same Gej that signed the FOI bill into Law, a legislation which is a veritable instrument for the fight against corruption by a press that knows its onions. Thru the minister of finance, Gej's administration has been able to integrate online payment systems for all Ministries! Departments and Agencies. This govt is undertaking bio metric evaluation of workers in federal service, an exercise that exposed the monumental corruption in police pension. It was as a result of this move that the senate pensions probe was kick started. And unlike what obtained in the past, those indicted so far have been charged to court. following revelations at the subsidy probe, GEJ could not even wait for the report to come out before he set up a presidential task force to handle oil revenue. He appointed his opponent in the presidential elections in the person of Ribadu to head such committee. Which other president has or can display this selfless courage? Not done, he engaged Olisa Agbakoba , Udo Udoma And other experts in the private sector to formulate the PIB ahead of the full deregulation of the oil sector. It is believed that full deregulation will divest govt of control of the oil sector and thus curb corruption. GEJ's govt has offered the atmosphere for all kinds of probes to be initiated in the system. GEJ is not the kind of president who will want to bulldoze anybody into submission.

Under this govt, you re free to initiate any probe whatsoever. To reduce. Corruption in the system, Gej is the first president to have set up a committee to cut down the number of parastatals in the country. on the issue of subsidy report, it's funny how some people have politicized it in order to get at GEJ. Unlike previous govts in the past, this govt accepted a report from the National Assembly and even directed the Attorney General to review it and take necessary steps with the relevant anti graft agencies. But the opposition will hear none of that. Gej must enforce the report immediately as pronounced by lord justice Farouk lawan. Where on earth does the executive jail people on account of an inquiry undergone solely by the legislature without recourse to laid down judicial process. It's so funny.

Imagine the kind of injustice that would have manifested if Gej had heeded the mob call for Deziani's sack in the light of the present scandal rocking the probe committee. Now any right thinking person would appreciate that it would have been very hasty for GEj to undertake an immediate implementation of recommendations based on a report submitted by a committee chairman, who talks tough in the afternoon and nicodemusly crawls to the residence of those under his probe at night to collect bribe.

4 Likes

Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by Pakavy(m): 11:31pm On Jun 13, 2012
Tropilo:

Sorry! Boko haram read only the koran (arab version).
but d bomb manuals aint in arabic version nah.

1 Like

Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by Pakavy(m): 11:35pm On Jun 13, 2012
EMMA BC: The latest now is that d deputy speaker Emeka Ihedioha has bn implicated in d bribery scam.
i guez d list of criminals is an endless one.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by Pakavy(m): 11:40pm On Jun 13, 2012
tpapi: any human being comin into dat arena goes thorough security screenin,so notin 4 d bh kingpins
bh dont nid 2 com in.trust me those dudes can charge thru.infact dem fit send their suicide drones there..a plane loaded with bombs is a gud example
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 11:47pm On Jun 13, 2012
The only Genotype in Naija is "M"........money.
While our Blood group is "B" & "C"........bribery n corruption.
Its a pity dat we keep on passing thru dis familiar road, over and over again. A perpetual dejavour.
One wil nt be surprised to hear dat pandora's ancestors were nigerians, as one box hardly closes before another putrid and decayed 10 is opened. Smelly and petty scandals dat befit only a lawless and conscienceless fifedom like my country.
The culture here is demonic pretence and hypocricy.
Imagine dat skinny mallam wit funny pitched voice too. Wonders shal neva end.
Though am nt surprised @ wat transpired, but @ d pint size of d honorable midget involved dis time.
Dis one na real "small shi.t remnant wey dey stain nika"
Make dem watch airport wel o! B4 im brothers go carry am for ghana-must-go bag fly out we no go know.
I nominate OTEDOLA 4 SSS top jobcheesy
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 11:57pm On Jun 13, 2012
Due to d unfortunate and sustained corrupt activities dat has bedevilled our National assembly. I, Honorable suq ma'dik, do wish to inform d general public, especially nairalanders, dat i shall no longer be addressed as Honorable, but suq ma'dik only. Pending d outcome of d bribery and coruption melodrama playing out dia.
Oluwaseun Osewa and crew take note.
sad
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by IYANGBALI: 12:02am On Jun 14, 2012
no be small thing o

Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by dedeike: 12:52am On Jun 14, 2012
I meant otedola in the first paragraph of my earlier post. The error is highly regretted.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by mbhs139(m): 4:55am On Jun 14, 2012
dedeike: . This post was obviously done in extreme bad faith. What did Gej do to you again? A member of House of Reps, who prides himself as a leader of integrity, went behind to collect bribe at the residence of an oil marketer. Jonathan never sent him to do so. Neither did Gej assist him with the vehicle that he used to convey himself to adenuga's house at midnight to collect $600,00 dollars. The truth remains that GEJ has shown a demonstrable courage to fight corruption in Nigeria. But it's unfortunate that the northern power bloc who are displeased with his present tenancy in Aso rock is really working hard to whip up hatred against him . Unlike other presidents, Gej is the only president that doesn't throw money at the National Assembly to push his policies thru. If it were obj during the subsidy debate, we would have had gist of Ghana must go spreading around the lawmakers and subsidy would have sailed thru easily. Go and verify. Lawmakers were paid as much as 40 million before GEJ but when Gej came he reduced it to 15m quarterly before the lawmakers jerked it up in the 2012 budget to 29m quarterly. GEJ personally directed the EFCC to go after Bankole and prosecute him for the 10 billion loan scandal. When GEJ noticed that Farida was incompetent and so many graft cases were being mishandled, he sacked Farida and replaced her with Lamorde who is believed to have worked as second in command to Ribadu. It was this same Gej that signed the FOI bill into Law, a legislation which is a veritable instrument for the fight against corruption by a press that knows its onions. Thru the minister of finance, Gej's administration has been able to integrate online payment systems for all Ministries! Departments and Agencies. This govt is undertaking bio metric evaluation of workers in federal service, an exercise that exposed the monumental corruption in police pension. It was as a result of this move that the senate pensions probe was kick started. And unlike what obtained in the past, those indicted so far have been charged to court. following revelations at the subsidy probe, GEJ could not even wait for the report to come out before he set up a presidential task force to handle oil revenue. He appointed his opponent in the presidential elections in the person of Ribadu to head such committee. Which other president has or can display this selfless courage? Not done, he engaged Olisa Agbakoba , Udo Udoma And other experts in the private sector to formulate the PIB ahead of the full deregulation of the oil sector. It is believed that full deregulation will divest govt of control of the oil sector and thus curb corruption. GEJ's govt has offered the atmosphere for all kinds of probes to be initiated in the system. GEJ is not the kind of president who will want to bulldoze anybody into submission. Under this govt, you re free to initiate any probe whatsoever. To reduce. Corruption in the system, Gej is the first president to have set up a committee to cut down the number of parastatals in the country. on the issue of subsidy report, it's funny how some people have politicized it in order to get at GEJ. Unlike previous govts in the past, this govt accepted a report from the National Assembly and even directed the Attorney General to review it and take necessary steps with the relevant anti graft agencies. But the opposition will hear none of that. Gej must enforce the report immediately as pronounced by lord justice Farouk lawan. Where on earth does the executive jail people on account of an inquiry undergone solely by the legislature without recourse to laid down judicial process. It's so funny. Imagine the kind of injustice that would have manifested if Gej had heeded the mob call for Deziani's sack in the light of the present scandal rocking the probe committee. Now any right thinking person would appreciate that it would have been very hasty for GEj to undertake an immediate implementation of recommendations based on a report submitted by a committee chairman, who talks tough in the afternoon and nicodemusly crawls to the residence of those under his probe at night to collect bribe.

I don't need to read through ur whole epistle to know or note that it is ur own comment that was done in bad faith. All I just needed to do was to go through the post you made response to and see what the ealier poster has said about your beloved GEJ.from my observation, it seems you have been paid to come and defend GEJ on this platform, and you are shamelessly doing so. You're only doing your job and you're doing it good. But remember , how will posterity judge you?
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by chijokz(m): 5:10am On Jun 14, 2012
Another Okija: So they reconvene.. SO what?!

At this point, an honest government would have ordered the Police and EFCC to take over the matter and given a deadline to the Office of the Attorney general of the federation to file charges against offenders.. Also ordered the Judiciary to give priority to the case and avoid unnecessary elongation of the case through technical adjournments, court orders and other Judicial trickery.. Ordered the court proceedings to be aired Live on National Television and sat back and watched..

Jonathan is slowly beginning to piss me off.. I can make excuses for him on Boko Haram, but there is none for this.. At this point, this ceases to be a Legislative matter but one of corruption..

Nwanne, u right on point...Gbam!
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by glowithdan(m): 6:12am On Jun 14, 2012
The only solution to all these problems is REVOLUTION!

It worked in Egypt, Libya and the likes; and can work in Nigeria.

It's high time we started thinking ok ourselves(ordinary Nigerians), and stop counting the Billions those fools steal from us on a daily basis.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by Pakavy(m): 6:21am On Jun 14, 2012
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
Due to d unfortunate and sustained corrupt activities dat has bedevilled our National assembly. I, Honorable suq ma'dik, do wish to inform d general public, especially nairalanders, dat i shall no longer be addressed as Honorable, but suq ma'dik only. Pending d outcome of d bribery and coruption melodrama playing out dia.
Oluwaseun Osewa and crew take note.
sad
u don dey fear?
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by Dondbuzor: 6:49am On Jun 14, 2012
daywatcher: boko harm...are you reading this, they will all be there
Don't tell me u re a terrorist
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by crackhouse(m): 7:01am On Jun 14, 2012
1025: pdp is as shameless as a poor village dog. only under this pdp did nigerians hear a man confessing to rigging an election to the favour of another. i am talking about chris uba of anambra who told nigerians that he rigged chris ngige into power and obasanjo pushed ngige out and promoted chris uba to pdp board of trustees.
now an obasanjo projected/shameless otedola is out to prove that he bribed a man that is investigating his case.
the most unfortunate thing is that nigerians are busy blaming the bribe taker and from all indications, the man that gave the bribe will end up as our hero.
jonathan has reduced nigeria to a zoo where animals and their characters are on displays.
the party and the country is all about corruption and blood shield yet these fools are discussing 2015 yet jonathan and his vice are more interested in winning edo state than in saving the lives of innocent nigerians in the hands of boko haram.
unless we decide to go out against these godforsaken vampires, they will end up killing us one after the other and suck our bloods.
nnaaa make i hear word biko.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by Murphy7h4: 8:15am On Jun 14, 2012
Good point
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by ocelot2006(m): 8:40am On Jun 14, 2012
Another Okija: So they reconvene.. SO what?!

At this point, an honest government would have ordered the Police and EFCC to take over the matter and given a deadline to the Office of the Attorney general of the federation to file charges against offenders.. Also ordered the Judiciary to give priority to the case and avoid unnecessary elongation of the case through technical adjournments, court orders and other Judicial trickery.. Ordered the court proceedings to be aired Live on National Television and sat back and watched..

Jonathan is slowly beginning to piss me off.. I can make excuses for him on Boko Haram, but there is none for this.. At this point, this ceases to be a Legislative matter but one of corruption..

The Lower House are simply reconvening to carry out their own IN-HOUSE investigation and possible damage-control. Their actions in no way supercedes the current investigations carried out by the DSS, EFCC, and the NPF.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 14, 2012
Murphy7h4: Good point
. Can anyone give any logical reason why FL hasn't been arrested? Or the seemingly delay in charging him to court. Is he that powerful and well connected to come out of this unscathed? Pls I need answers.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by ocelot2006(m): 10:01am On Jun 14, 2012
Donxavier: . Can anyone give any logical reason why FL hasn't been arrested? Or the seemingly delay in charging him to court. Is he that powerful and well connected to come out of this unscathed? Pls I need answers.

Best guess: The Immunity Clause
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by dedeike: 10:05am On Jun 14, 2012
mbhs139:

I don't need to read through ur whole epistle to know or note that it is ur own comment that was done in bad faith. All I just needed to do was to go through the post you made response to and see what the ealier poster has said about your beloved GEJ.from my observation, it seems you have been paid to come and defend GEJ on this platform, and you are shamelessly doing so. You're only doing your job and you're doing it good. But remember , how will posterity judge you?
it's obvious you have a phobia for truth and objectivity. Posterity will judge you for hating and speaking evil against a man on an issue you know little or nothing about. I had expected you to refute some of the facts contained in my post. But as you said, you didn't bother to read it. As far as you are concerned , GEJ is corrupt and is responsible for Farouk's corrupt act. Hypocrisy can't come in a better form. I pray that somebody will visit you with the same treatment in any capacity of leadership you find yourself. I don't have access to GEJ and I don't need to do so before saying the truth. But from the way you have blinded your eyes to reason and by your own confession that "you didn't need to read thru", it's safe to conclude that you are the one who has been paid by sworn enemies of this govt to rubbish unnecessarily and you are bound to fail.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by adaybayor(m): 10:17am On Jun 14, 2012
mai gaskiya: And dy stl hav d guts 2 cal dmsfs honourables.les i 4got wer is aji haram cm nd defend ur thef of an uncle.hoples hausas

You suffer from hereditary f.o.o.lishness
You tribalistic I.đ.iot
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by Kobojunkie: 10:27am On Jun 14, 2012
ocelot2006:

Best guess: The Immunity Clause

No Immunity for Members of NASS!
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by omenkaJnr(m): 11:00am On Jun 14, 2012
We de Upcoming Youth Politicians and activist are totally mesmerised and dissapointed with our Respected and Revered Farouk Lawan..we just wish he comes out clean,bt if on de contrary,dat means that integrity and forthrightness of public office holders are at stake and it portends great danger to de change we are clamouring for a virile and better society....
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by Dpeacemaker101: 11:00am On Jun 14, 2012
dedeike: . This post was obviously done in extreme bad faith. What did Gej do to you again? A member of House of Reps, who prides himself as a leader of integrity, went behind to collect bribe at the residence of an oil marketer. Jonathan never sent him to do so. Neither did Gej assist him with the vehicle that he used to convey himself to adenuga's house at midnight to collect $600,00 dollars. The truth remains that GEJ has shown a demonstrable courage to fight corruption in Nigeria. But it's unfortunate that the northern power bloc who are displeased with his present tenancy in Aso rock is really working hard to whip up hatred against him . Unlike other presidents, Gej is the only president that doesn't throw money at the National Assembly to push his policies thru. If it were obj during the subsidy debate, we would have had gist of Ghana must go spreading around the lawmakers and subsidy would have sailed thru easily. Go and verify. Lawmakers were paid as much as 40 million before GEJ but when Gej came he reduced it to 15m quarterly before the lawmakers jerked it up in the 2012 budget to 29m quarterly. GEJ personally directed the EFCC to go after Bankole and prosecute him for the 10 billion loan scandal. When GEJ noticed that Farida was incompetent and so many graft cases were being mishandled, he sacked Farida and replaced her with Lamorde who is believed to have worked as second in command to Ribadu. It was this same Gej that signed the FOI bill into Law, a legislation which is a veritable instrument for the fight against corruption by a press that knows its onions. Thru the minister of finance, Gej's administration has been able to integrate online payment systems for all Ministries! Departments and Agencies. This govt is undertaking bio metric evaluation of workers in federal service, an exercise that exposed the monumental corruption in police pension. It was as a result of this move that the senate pensions probe was kick started. And unlike what obtained in the past, those indicted so far have been charged to court. following revelations at the subsidy probe, GEJ could not even wait for the report to come out before he set up a presidential task force to handle oil revenue. He appointed his opponent in the presidential elections in the person of Ribadu to head such committee. Which other president has or can display this selfless courage? Not done, he engaged Olisa Agbakoba , Udo Udoma And other experts in the private sector to formulate the PIB ahead of the full deregulation of the oil sector. It is believed that full deregulation will divest govt of control of the oil sector and thus curb corruption. GEJ's govt has offered the atmosphere for all kinds of probes to be initiated in the system. GEJ is not the kind of president who will want to bulldoze anybody into submission. Under this govt, you re free to initiate any probe whatsoever. To reduce. Corruption in the system, Gej is the first president to have set up a committee to cut down the number of parastatals in the country. on the issue of subsidy report, it's funny how some people have politicized it in order to get at GEJ. Unlike previous govts in the past, this govt accepted a report from the National Assembly and even directed the Attorney General to review it and take necessary steps with the relevant anti graft agencies. But the opposition will hear none of that. Gej must enforce the report immediately as pronounced by lord justice Farouk lawan. Where on earth does the executive jail people on account of an inquiry undergone solely by the legislature without recourse to laid down judicial process. It's so funny. Imagine the kind of injustice that would have manifested if Gej had heeded the mob call for Deziani's sack in the light of the present scandal rocking the probe committee. Now any right thinking person would appreciate that it would have been very hasty for GEj to undertake an immediate implementation of recommendations based on a report submitted by a committee chairman, who talks tough in the afternoon and nicodemusly crawls to the residence of those under his probe at night to collect bribe.
abi ooooo! I just tire for some people. Everything wey happen, na Jonathan . If pickin get headache, na Jonathan. If fowl shit for parlor, na Jonathan. Haba! Now Farouk hide go collect bribe, na Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by Mandelaguy(m): 11:32am On Jun 14, 2012
If we are to tell ourselves the truth,the unnecessary bias towards GEJ is becoming unfair. I don't think NIgerians would have been relaxed with hasty decisions on issues that are very sensitive. Farouk Lawan made his own bed without the assistance of GEJ or any advice from him. All these years, we began to associate Farouk with the voice f integrity and NIgerians started warming to him. Now,he has disappointed us, must we always blame Jonathan for everything that people do wrong in this country? I agree with Dedeike, that post was done in extreme bad faith......GEJ is trying to show the sincerity in him, by towing a different path in the history of this nation, it is quite unfortunate that a lot people are onl bent on seeing him fail, their mission is to distract him from his mission. I will advice the originator of this post to direct his venom at Farouk Lawan and all the other people who go about exhibiting their Judaic traits.

1 Like

Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by Captainajama: 11:57am On Jun 14, 2012
Please people, be fair to Jonathan,he is actually on a hot seat fighting a good war"..........support him with u prayers and advice, the system was far decayed before he assumed office, and like NEPA and Public sector where all who came were conquered by the enormousity of decay, I believe Jonathan is waging a war to turn out a different result from what past leaders fed us. Be informed.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by ochiaha1(m): 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2012
funky medina: 21st century naija

Our Phones - wireless
cooking - Fireless
Cars - keyless
Food - fatless
Dress - sleeveless
Youth - Jobless
[b]Leaders - Shameless
Relationship - Meaningless
Attitude - Careless
Wives - Fearless
Feelings - heartless
Education - valueless
Children - Manner less
Lagos - Cashless
Everything is becoming less; yet our hopes are "endless" hmm infact, I am speechless

grin grin grin

You too have become, 'less' as you have shown you are faithless, that is, you have lost faith in your country.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by tribalism(m): 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2012
the yoruba's has chosen to tread with caution on this thread because otedola is one of their own and thats why you have not read of so much posts with calling of names and insults on GEJ, FAROUK OR OTEDOLA. you win!

1 Like

Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by emmasege: 3:30pm On Jun 14, 2012
can anyone pls tell me why the police are still hesitating in arresting farouk if he's not presenting himself or why keep the whole nation in suspense when we are not watching nollywood movie. are they waiting for the house to convene tomorrow and start throwing chairs again before they act? For crying out loud, this guy has got no immunity. so why the delay?
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by IYANGBALI: 4:50pm On Jun 14, 2012
The Gospel According To ‘Saint’ Farouk

1) And it came to pass after these things, on the first day of the first month of the twelfth year after the second millennium, that king Jona son of Bele announced to the people saying; there is no money left in the royal treasury, and the future of the kingdom is in great danger.

2) Therefore, a measure of oil shall no longer sell for three scores of silver and seven, but shall now be seven scores of silver and one. But the people grumbled aloud, and said unto another, what shall it profit our king to gain all these oil money and lose his throne?

3) For it is appointed unto him to reign but once, and after this prison, for many are the atrocities which he has committed.

4) So they said unto the king, eat thou thy food in peace in the palace, and surround thou thyself with thine women, only touch not our oil price and do thy people no harm.

5) But the king would not listen, and said unto himself, I know my people, they shall only grumble for a while and soon they shall forget.

6) But the people would not forget, for the burden was too much for them to bear, and they said; now unto him that is able to increase the price of oil exceeding abundantly above all that his people can bear or think, according to the greed which worketh in him;

7) Unto him be curses in the streets by the masses throughout all ages, protests without end.

So they took to the streets and gave the land no peace, and there was no going out or coming in throughout the kingdom for two weeks, and the king feared greatly and said to himself, surely these people shall overturn me if I answer them not.

9) So he called the head of the labourers unto the palace, and gave him bags of gold, that they might turn off the wrath of the people against the king.

10) So the king assembled the people and said unto them; a measure of oil shall no longer be seven scores of silver and one, but shall now be four scores of silver, one dozen and one, to this your leaders have agreed. Praise me now therefore for I am a benevolent king.

11) And after all these, the Loudspeaker of the House of People said, let us inquire into the king’s claim that there be no money in the royal treasury. So they appointed Farcrook, son of Lawal.

12) And said unto him, gather ye now all the oil sellers, that we may know who stole from the kingdom. This did him with diligence, and came back with his report saying

13) Thieves abound in the land, and so have the oil sellers stole from the people, and gave them not oil, this they did with the help of Aliyaro the king’s mistress; and the amount he mentioned was unheard of in the land.

14) When the people heard this, they were dismayed, and sorrow gripped their hearts.

15) But the oil sellers went in unto the king in his chamber, and said; rememberest thou O king that the what we stole did we made available to thy campaign, and by thus did we make you king.

16) If thou deliver us unto the people that they may punish us, we will hold not our tongue to tell the people that thou art one of us.

17) And they said unto him, how else shall we destroy the message if not to destroy the messenger? Let us therefore implicate Farcrook the son of Lawal in this matter.

18) So they sent a certain rich man from the West by the name Otedollar, and he took Farcrook into his house and gave him some money, that he may alter the report which he had set before the people.

19) And it was that Otedollar went before an assembly of the people and said unto them, trust ye this man who said we stole from the treasury? Surely he is one of us, for he came unto me in the middle of the night, and he left with his pockets full of money.

20) And the people where amazed, and their hearts bled, for Farcrook was a man in whom they had to their trust.

21) So Farcrook arose, and said; Otedollar is my briber, I did not request. He maketh me to sit down in his Maitama house; he leadeth me beside the chilled champagne.

22) He exploited me greed; he leadeth me in the paths of marked dollars for subsidy’s sake.

23) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of EFCC, I will fear no arrest: for bribes are with me; my loots and my kickbacks they comfort me.

24) Thou preparest the dollars before me, in the presence of the SSS: thou anointest my mouth with wine; my pocket runneth over.

25) Surely the shame and reproach shall follow me all the days of my life, but I will dwell in the house of PDP forever and ever.

26) And the people wept, but there was no one to console them.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by kinguwem: 6:36am On Jun 15, 2012
Farouk Lawan & Co. Nig. Ltd. has disappointed nigerians. There is no hope in the fight against corruption. This singular act portrays nigerians as criminals. This case is a litmus test for the EFCC & the judiciary.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by kinguwem: 7:20am On Jun 15, 2012
Farouk Lawan & Co. Nig. Ltd. has disappointed nigerians. There is no hope in the fight against corruption. This singular act portray nigerian legislators as criminals. This case is a litmus test for the EFCC & the judiciary.
Re: Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal by ubandire(m): 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2012
I don't need to read through ur whole epistle to know or note that it is ur own comment that was done in bad faith. All I just needed to do was to go through the post you made response to and see what the ealier poster has said about your beloved GEJ.from my observation, it seems you have been paid to come and defend GEJ on this platform, and you are shamelessly doing so. You're only doing your job and you're doing it good. But remember , how will posterity judge you?[/quote][quote author=mbhs139.

I've analytically gone through this whole topic and I think I find this post and counter post very interesting,given the very sharp diverse views of the two,dedeike and Mbhs u two have your views which I respect and will also want to dissect and analyse objectively which I believe is the main aim of this forum,after going thru the posts I think without being biased that either Mbhs is economical with the truth,biased or is simply uninformed.1 how can u just place a blanket corruption tag on the pdp?i remember adeyemi ikuforiji the speaker is involved in fraud case of 501m,bola tinubu collects 3billion monthly using alpha beta as consultants to lagos state govt on taxes in a state that double taxes it's citizens,yet no one has tagged d ACN as being corrupt,it's on record that the pdp does not condone corruption unless it's not discovered,all the corruption cases that's been exposed in this country where done by pdp members against fellow party men,obj created the efcc,even though critics will want to label it a witch hunt machinery,it has awakened consciousness on corruption,and the present administration has carried on with if not better,Gej has distanced himself from anything that's not executive duty,he has not come up with any defense or accusation in any corruption case so far,leaving the security agencies to do their work.It beats my understanding that somebody would blame the President for this farouk case or what could better be reffered as 'Lawalgate'Farouk has appeared to be the darling of nigeria's present day so called 'Progressives',being leader of the holier than thou Integrity group,people like Mbhs must have been applauding him all these days he has been playing to the gallery,yet turn around to accuse the president of encouraging the act,we can be so hypocritical.You raised another issue on rigging of elections,many nigerians and the international community,including blind and unrepentant no see well critics will attest to the fact that the last general election was the freest and fairest excersise held in the country in recent times if not all time,a very clear departure from the past when snatching and stufffing of balllot boxes,figures manipulation and thugery were the order of the day,By apppointing the no nonsense disciplinarian and activist from the academic block as nigeria's electoral umpire,he once again demonstrated his love for the nation and it's building above personal aggrandizement.It's on record that the ACN has not released the figures of LGA elections held since last year yet no one has brought it up as an ACN corruption.Please the house of reps have reconvened from their recess to address the issue of one their own and right about now have issued sanctions, these days are very trying times in the life of our nation so let us not overheat the polity by spreading false and malicious information about the president,We should try and source authentic information before we comment or send in posts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South Africa Passes Law To Mark HIV Infected People At Their Genitals. (Photo) / Ibos To Wave Biafran Flags In Russia???? / No Cause For Alarm: FG Assures Of Safety Over Reports Of Elevated Terror Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.