Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,346 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment (5376 Views)

Should I Divorce My Wife? / I Love My Wife. I Caught My Bestfriend bedding Her, Should I Divorce Her. / I Married Her Against My Parent's Advice,she's Hurting Me,should I Divorce Or: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by Akinagirl(f): 11:16pm On Sep 14, 2008
You all missed the point. The guy married the finnland woman first. Then his nigerian woman when he fled. So tracking that man down, they ended up in the USA. Under false prentences. The second wife (nigerian) married the man not knowing that the man was married already. Won the visa lottery to the USA and she added his name like they were married so he would obtain citizenship. They found out he was illegally married to a second woman. Finnland woman wants revenge. I don't see the woman as crazy. I fault the man for his misfortunes and he can go to hell for using people. And the sufferers happen to be all of his children. So last two posters, read the story again before you say the Fin woman can go to hell. You think that it is proper to use people? Think again. Karma is a bitch and people like him will pay 10 fold.
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by na2day2(m): 3:33am On Sep 15, 2008
and u r missing the point, he married his second wife in nigeria where it is legal for u to have more than one wife, so technically, since the second marriage didnt take place in the usa, it isnt illegal. the usa knows that the nigerian culture allows u to have more than one wife but u can only claim one in the usa, so he can choose the one which in this case will be the nigerian girl. nothing spoil. kai, i suppose be lawyer sha grin grin grin

Akinagirl:

You all missed the point. The guy married the finnland woman first. Then his nigerian woman when he fled. So tracking that man down, they ended up in the USA. Under false prentences. The second wife (nigerian) married the man not knowing that the man was married already. Won the visa lottery to the USA and she added his name like they were married so he would obtain citizenship. They found out he was illegally married to a second woman. Finnland woman wants revenge. I don't see the woman as crazy. I fault the man for his misfortunes and he can go to hell for using people. And the sufferers happen to be all of his children. So last two posters, read the story again before you say the Fin woman can go to hell. You think that it is proper to use people? Think again. Karma is a bitch and people like him will pay 10 fold.
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by Akinagirl(f): 3:39am On Sep 15, 2008
Lol. I'm not a lawyer grin. OK, He can get deported from the USA because he is married to two wives. USA is not Nigeria. He maybe able to get away with it in Nigeria. But here in America its not possible. Remember he got a green card because of his second wife. I want the guy punished for what he did. He used everyone to obtain greener pastures. These kinds of people will get their rewards. And right now he is getting it. I really do not have any sympathy for him.
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by na2day2(m): 5:37am On Sep 15, 2008
nope, the usa cant deport him for that, but the usa only will recognize one wife because they know that there is a cultural difference. i want the guy rewarded for what he did. na wetin this guy do u?

Akinagirl:

Lol. I'm not a lawyer grin. OK, He can get deported from the USA because he is married to two wives. USA is not Nigeria. He maybe able to get away with it in Nigeria. But here in America its not possible. Remember he got a green card because of his second wife. I want the guy punished for what he did. He used everyone to obtain greener pastures. These kinds of people will get their rewards. And right now he is getting it. I really do not have any sympathy for him.
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by iceland(m): 7:15am On Sep 15, 2008
na2day?:

nope, the usa can't deport him for that, but the usa only will recognize one wife because they know that there is a cultural difference. i want the guy rewarded for what he did. na wetin this guy do u?

What you dont know is that the crime of bigamy can be commited anywhere in the world as long as you are an american citizen.The law started it's effect The moment the guy married the Nigerian wife to obtain the green card,declaring that he was single.Aside that,false information could get him deported.You know how u.s is very strict about false information.
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by na2day2(m): 8:22am On Sep 15, 2008
he is not an american citizen, he only has a green card. he is from a different culture with different values. green card is not citizenship. ore so, the green card was offered to his wife not him, he only became a beneficiary because he is her spouse, and if i remember the forms correctly, they ask if u r single or married, not how many husbands or wives do u have

iceland:

What you don't know is that the crime of bigamy can be commited anywhere in the world as long as you are an american citizen.The law started it's effect The moment the guy married the Nigerian wife to obtain the green card,declaring that he was single.Aside that,false information could get him deported.You know how u.s is very strict about false information.
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 15, 2008
@thoniaslim

God bless you for that wonderfull advise,that shows that ur a nice human.

@POSTER
thoniaslim has given everything u needed,

@AJ
i have know and respected u as one of the best female in Nairaland,
but honestly im disapointed on the way u reacted to this issue, as if u re
perfect. if u happen to be a man, will kept on staying with a nagging woman?
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by iceland(m): 10:47am On Sep 15, 2008
na2day?:

he is not an american citizen, he only has a green card. he is from a different culture with different values. green card is not citizenship. ore so, the green card was offered to his wife not him, he only became a beneficiary because he is her spouse, and if i remember the forms correctly, they ask if you're single or married, not how many husbands or wives do u have

But that does not mean the law does not apply to him.You don't have to be an american citizen to be jailed or punished.
There was this incident that happen in iran or so.The husband was an iranian while the wife was an american citizen.The wife cheated on the husband in the u.s but the husband being bitter lured the wife to iran so that she could be punished under iranian law and she was killed.When the guy got back to u.s he was charged and convicted of first degree murder.But the killing happened under the law and culture of the husband.what do u say to that?
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by MrCrackles(m): 10:50am On Sep 15, 2008
naijaborn:

yu ar the architect of yur misfortune tongue so nah only yu go redesign am, either by goin to jail,divorcing yur two wifeys,running away, nah yu sabi lipsrsealed shocked

i agree with this!
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 15, 2008
Wow. I wonder how I missed this thread, when it was originally posted.

I'm almost speechless, if this is true.

If it's a made up, then I'D say, the poster has a very weird sense of humour.

If it's true however, then he deserves all that comes his way.
How any normal human being, with half a brain, can use anyone the way this guy has, is way beyond me.
And with a Finnish lady? They're not like Americans, or Brits, they're fiercely hot-tempered, I'm surprised this guy's not filling a hole in the ground, Finnish women have killed guys for a lot less.

And as for some people on here defending this specimen of a man, and trying to justify his actions, I'm shocked.
It just goes to show the way Nigerians think and act. Then, they wonder why every Western marriage, that involves a Nigerian or any other African is scrutinized, and visa's are denied to well-meaning folk.

In all the defence of the poster, (a Nigerian called Santino?) the poor children caught up in the middle are conveniently forgotten, and the 2 wronged women!
But hey, as long as the selfish Santino gets his blasted green card, that's all that counts, never mind the lives he's destroyed in order to achieve it!

I'm glad his crimes caught up with him, and if he's not completely moronic, he'll remain in Nigeria, and reflect upon what he's truly done. The emoticon's in one of his previous posts show the state of his unhinged mind. I only wish Christiana can catch up with him, and put an end to his sorry life! As far as I'm concerned, he's worse than a wild animal.

The only victims here are the 3 children, and both women, who were unfortunate enough to get involved with this cretin.

All over a green card, some folk are just born to court disaster.
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by iceland(m): 11:27am On Sep 15, 2008
Siena:

How any normal human being, with half a brain, can use anyone the way this guy has, is way beyond me.

Hey dont talk like that! It's easier to condemn than to be in very tight corner.Dont you know what happens to guys that went abroad with visitor's visa,looking for a way to get hold of themself?They'll find it hard to go back to naija because the money they spent to buy the air-ticket abroad was borrowed and gots to be paid back?Majority of people dont know the shit in europe until they get there.But THEY MUST SURVIVE!!.Then they'll not be thinking straight.It could happen to anybody,Shit happens man!
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 15, 2008
Sorry, Iceman. But when it comes to children, I feel very strongly.

So, you're saying they should like it, or lump it, just so their oaf of a father should get what he wants?
If he'd at least been straight with both women, and made it more of a business transaction with the Finnish woman, then I'd have a little more respect for him. I don't condone it, but at least, both parties would know where they stood!

"Santino's" a grown man - if he didn't do research into the country he was intending to travel to, then that makes him a fool! Ignorance is no excuse for what he got those poor kids, and their mother's snarled up in.

"Shit happens" is not acceptable when it comes to the welfare of kids, that's what I can't accept!
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by iceland(m): 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2008
Siena:

Sorry, Iceman. But when it comes to children, I feel very strongly.

So, you're saying they should like it, or lump it, just so their oaf of a father should get what he wants?
If he'D at least been straight with both women, and made it more of a business transaction with the Finnish woman, then I'D have a little more respect for him. I don't condone it, but at least, both parties would know where they stood!

"Santino's" a grown man - if he didn't do research into the country he was intending to travel to, then that makes him a fool! Ignorance is no excuse for what he got those poor kids, and their mother's snarled up in.

"Shit happens" is not acceptable when it comes to the welfare of kids, that's what I can't accept!
The man did not know the finnish woman was pregnant.So,it was not a deliberate act.As for the other children,he wanted to start life afresh.As we know life goes on.It was not intensional
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2008
Well, the fact is, Santino used the Finnish woman, the fact he didn't know she was pregnant is irrelevant.

Then, as soon as he realised his Nigerian girlfriend could secure him a green card, he hightailed it back to Nigeria, abandoning the Finnish woman.

In his own words, "to hell with Christiana!"
Now, tell me that's not the act of a very callous individual?
Shameless user!

What was he expecting Christiana to do anyway, still married to him, huh?
Did he ever once consider she was a human being, with feelings?
Regardless of who or what she was, she didn't seserve to be treated the way he did.

Using the fact he was in a jam's no excuse to treat another human worse than garbage.
I've been in situations you wouldn't believe, but no way would I have used another human the way he did, and try to justify my actions!
If he's that much of a man, then he should hold his hands up, and admit he screwed up, and not come on here whining, and spouting trash!
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by iceland(m): 1:40pm On Sep 15, 2008
Siena:

Well, the fact is, Santino used the Finnish woman, the fact he didn't know she was pregnant is irrelevant.

Then, as soon as he realised his Nigerian girlfriend could secure him a green card, he hightailed it back to Nigeria, abandoning the Finnish woman.

In his own words, "to hell with Christiana!"
Now, tell me that's not the act of a very callous individual?
Shameless user!

What was he expecting Christiana to do anyway, still married to him, huh?
Did he ever once consider she was a human being, with feelings?
Regardless of who or what she was, she didn't seserve to be treated the way he did.

Using the fact he was in a jam's no excuse to treat another human worse than garbage.
I've been in situations you wouldn't believe, but no way would I have used another human the way he did, and try to justify my actions!
If he's that much of a man, then he should hold his hands up, and admit he screwed up, and not come on here whining, and spouting trash!

You said u were angry at him because he involved the children.That was cleared!Now you are angry at him because he left the finnish woman.He said the finnish woman treated him bad.May be the finnish woman knew he had no where to go and in a fix decided to make him a "caddy husband" We both know what women generally are like when they hold the sceptre of power.Dont blame him for self emancipation.He hated the woman before he left her.SHE WAS TREATING HIM BAD.Pls Siena, dont be biased
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 15, 2008
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by tpia: 2:29pm On Sep 15, 2008
oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

Some people know how to mess themselves up sha

Exactly how many childrenĀ  of unknown and absentee Nigerian fathers are running around out there checking out people who resemble their daddy's photo.

na wa o.

These kids should form an association, hire an investigator to track down these men, and force them to pay child support. Even if these deadbeat dads ran back to Nigeria.

@ poster- sorry o. Them never throw vase for your head finish.
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by na2day2(m): 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2008
iceland:

But that does not mean the law does not apply to him.You don't have to be an american citizen to be jailed or punished.
There was this incident that happen in iran or so.The husband was an iranian while the wife was an american citizen.The wife cheated on the husband in the u.s but the husband being bitter lured the wife to iran so that she could be punished under iranian law and she was killed.When the guy got back to u.s he was charged and convicted of first degree murder.But the killing happened under the law and culture of the husband.what do u say to that?

i am happy u said iran, weird things happen in iran, this is the usa where u can interpret the law with conviction and u win.
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by rubi(f): 4:37pm On Sep 15, 2008
Una don see why I always say openness in a relationship is very very important no matter how bad it may look like let your partner know whom you are
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by Akinagirl(f): 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2008
Thank you Siena, I really don understand why people are defending this poster. I do not understand that. And for na2day?, just because hes not American born and has a different culture, when you move to another culture, obtain a citizenship, live or have a green card, in his case. You will be judge under the laws of that country, bottom line. Especially here in America, we do not take frauds and immigrant fraud lightly, we deport. So stop defending this looser. Like I said, karma is a bitch, and it seems to be catching up with him.
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by iceland(m): 9:24am On Sep 16, 2008
Akinagirl:

Thank you Siena, I really don understand why people are defending this poster. I do not understand that. And for na2day?, just because hes not American born and has a different culture, when you move to another culture, obtain a citizenship, live or have a green card, in his case. You will be judge under the laws of that country, bottom line. Especially here in America, we do not take frauds and immigrant fraud lightly, we deport. So stop defending this looser. Like I said, karma is a bitch, and it seems to be catching up with him.
She without a sin let her cast the FIRST STONE
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by brainybim: 9:45am On Sep 16, 2008
Gentle man, there is nothing impossible for God to do. surrender everything to him. i mean tell him every thing
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by monatoetje: 10:20am On Sep 16, 2008
Siena:

The poster says Christina was treating him badly, but we only have his word for that.
Possibly she partially saw through him, who knows?

I think you could be right.
Maybe the lady felt that TS was not honest with her and that he was having somebody else.
That would make any woman go mad!
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 16, 2008
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by JustGood(m): 1:46pm On Sep 16, 2008
This is a sad but interesting story.

The guy is obviously a go-getter and was willing to do what he had to do to get what he wanted. He was willing to use christina but he did not bargain for christina being evil and not being suited to his own kind of person(this happens to lots of people).

I know that what he did sounds despicable but I cant judge him because I am not in his shoes and I dont know how and why his heart became so hard as to use women to get what he wants. Many other men and women do the same all over the world without such severe backfires. The Finnish woman has to be evil for deciding to have a child when the man stated that he was not ready for a child. She decided to bring a child into this world for an unwilling father. . . is that not more callous?

The guy is daft for not telling his Nigerian wife that he had to marry in Finland in his search for papers.

If this is true, one can only pray that the children will be protected by God
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by Akinagirl(f): 8:07pm On Sep 16, 2008
Cast the first stone? I didnt get that, I was not casting any stone Iceland, and this has nothing to do with me. I just didnt see a reason why anyone was defending him. What he did was inhumane, and the smiles at the end shows he never learned humility. What he needs to do now instead of worrying about his sawry ass, is these kids that are caught in the middle of this.
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by oYaTo(m): 12:18pm On May 02, 2009
JustGood:

The guy is daft for not telling his Nigerian wife that he had to marry in Finland in his search for papers.

Bingo! cool
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by skfa1: 12:30pm On May 02, 2009
Sorry poster, u did a bad thing no advice for u , sorry
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 02, 2009
The story can't be true. 6 year olds dont talk to strangers like that. I have one at home so should know
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by na2day2(m): 2:46am On May 03, 2009
chaircover:

The story can't be true. 6 year olds dont talk to strangers like that. I have one at home so should know

maybe urs is not that smart, just saying lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by Nobody: 2:54am On May 03, 2009
na2day?:

maybe urs is not that smart, just saying lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Infact she is being very smart by not talking to strangers & knowing to stand very close to me or her dad when we are out shopping.
Re: Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment by na2day2(m): 3:40am On May 03, 2009
chaircover:

Infact she is being very smart by not talking to strangers & knowing to stand very close to me or her dad when we are out shopping.

huh! i must hand it to her, she is very smart wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3)

My Husband Had A One Night Stand And The Girl Had A Baby / Suicide Is All I Can Think Of / Can Someone Recommend A User Friendly Men's Condom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.