Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? (165657 Views)

. / Internet Plan You Are Currently Using On Your Phone? / What Is The Best Internet Plan For An Iphone 4/4s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 17, 2012
The guy already gave hints. I did my research and it worked 4 me till nw

Wandeayo:

pls i need the mtn bis settings and method.......pls email me@ djayayotemi@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by 2baga(m): 11:37am On Aug 18, 2012
Chitexs250: pls guys how can i check for my bundle data balance on dat airtel bis plan pls i need an urgent reply thanks.
to check your bis bal use *141*712*0#
enjoy
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by noteamlikebarca(m): 7:27am On Aug 19, 2012
pls experts in the house can this airtel Bis work on my nokia E5 pls i need reply ASAP
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Mustay(m): 12:39am On Aug 21, 2012
yes
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by benzion72(m): 7:24pm On Aug 21, 2012
BlackBerry playbook has a better offer for your Internet need. No extra cost for whatever the download. Typing this with my playbook at no additional cost. Most of you guys who hate BB also hide under Airtel 1Gig. Playbook 16Gig is still less than 50k swallow your Android pride.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Knight1(m): 8:34pm On Aug 21, 2012
@aze
Do you use mtn?
If u pay for the 1500 package, whats the data limit?
Do u use it for tethering?
Pls reply asap. Thanks
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 22, 2012
Knight1: @aze
Do you use mtn?
Pls reply asap. Thanks
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Nobody: 1:45am On Aug 22, 2012
Droidvpn. U must be rooted to use it. 100mb per day 4 fr33 userz. Paid userz, unlimited bandwith.

Knight1: @aze
Do you use mtn?
Pls reply asap. Thanks
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by 2baga(m): 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2012
aze: Droidvpn. U must be rooted to use it. 100mb per day 4 fr33 userz. Paid userz, unlimited bandwith.

@ aze pls what is the difference btw rooted and unrooted android pls?
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by jereal(m): 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2012
benzion72: BlackBerry playbook has a better offer for your Internet need. No extra cost for whatever the download. Typing this with my playbook at no additional cost. Most of you guys who hate BB also hide under Airtel 1Gig. Playbook 16Gig is still less than 50k swallow your Android pride.

I thought the blackberry playbook didn't have a sim card slot
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by daffur: 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2012
If u don*t mind. Try Google for ur ??s

2baga:

@ aze pls what is the difference btw rooted and unrooted android pls?
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Mayorwer: 10:48pm On Aug 22, 2012
@aze.pls i need your help here.i downloaded droidvpn,root my phone but can not use d mtn bis.i dont undeerstand.i have done everything they told me to do.if i select bb apn,my 3g will disappear.the worst is that i cant even use droidvpn free 100 mb per day.pls what can i do.or is droidvpn not workin for mtn bis unlimited again?
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Leopantro: 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2012
check your bb status by sending STATUS to 21600. for the 3g sign to disappear means the BIS isn't active

2 Likes

Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by walcolm(m): 6:50am On Aug 24, 2012
jereal:

I thought the blackberry playbook didn't have a sim card slot

it didn't..the new sim card version that was just recently released in canada has sha
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Mayorwer: 3:14pm On Aug 26, 2012
@leopantro.but i put the sim in to blackberry phone and it woks.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by donmatin(m): 4:28pm On Sep 08, 2012
Is the airtel 1200 1gb still working for android phones?
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by unclesamtech(m): 11:37pm On Sep 09, 2012
If you are a Competent Gsm Engineer : PLEASE drop your data here :

https://www.nairaland.com/1041942/competent-certified-gsm-engineers-nigeria#12117217
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by walcolm(m): 7:05am On Sep 10, 2012
donmatin: Is the airtel 1200 1gb still working for android phones?

still works but seems slow the last few weeks

does anybody know if the other networks are going the airtel way by freeing their BIS?
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by jpphilips(m): 11:30am On Sep 10, 2012
walcolm:

this is such an ignorant comment. the network providers sell all sorts of phones. BBs are just a part of the devices they sell

All sorts of phone such as??

when did they start selling all sorts of phones, give date?

why do you think the MTN BIS doesn't work on symbian, Iphones and droid?

seems you have not learnt to identify ignorance toad!!
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by walcolm(m): 7:37am On Sep 11, 2012
jp philips:

All sorts of phone such as??

when did they start selling all sorts of phones, give date?

why do you think the MTN BIS doesn't work on symbian, Iphones and droid?

seems you have not learnt to identify ignorance toad!!

pray tell us, why does MTN BIS have to work on Symbian, iPhone and androids?

Ignorance is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge)

you might want to take a little time out to google things or ask around before you come here and post crap
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by jpphilips(m): 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2012
walcolm:

pray tell us, why does MTN BIS have to work on Symbian, iPhone and androids?

Ignorance is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge)

you might want to take a little time out to google things or ask around before you come here and post crap

MTN launched 2g networks and sold a phone called SENDO accustomed to their SIM, Glo came and launched 2g with Alcatel same way MTN did theirs.

as at then, we preferred SAMSUNG R220, Nokia 2100,Sony Ericsson Z200 et al, MTN and Glo had no choice than to discontinue the sales of those phones.
if they wanted to coerce you to buy it all they needed then was to say that those phones will be making calls at discounted rates than your conventional phones. if that had happened, people would have been buying it.

Now, the era of 3.5g is here, they bring in blackberry phones and give you unlimited data for BB at 1,500naira, then sell to you a paltry 250mb for 1,300naira for conventional phones,yet you think it didnt contribute to the proliferation of BB phones?

the Fact that NCC has failed in their over sight function doesn't mean every Nigerian is a toad head like you

guess you touched your first mobile phone last year.

now, go and change your diapers.

1 Like

Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by walcolm(m): 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
jp philips:

MTN launched 2g networks and sold a phone called SENDO accustomed to their SIM, Glo came and launched 2g with Alcatel same way MTN did theirs.

as at then, we preferred SAMSUNG R220, Nokia 2100,Sony Ericsson Z200 et al, MTN and Glo had no choice than to discontinue the sales of those phones.
if they wanted to coerce you to buy it all they needed then was to say that those phones will be making calls at discounted rates than your conventional phones. if that had happened, people would have been buying it.

Now, the era of 3.5g is here, they bring in blackberry phones and give you unlimited data for BB at 1,500naira, then sell to you a paltry 250mb for 1,300naira for conventional phones,yet you think it didnt contribute to the proliferation of BB phones?

the Fact that NCC has failed in their over sight function doesn't mean every Nigerian is a toad head like you

guess you touched your first mobile phone last year.

now, go and change your diapers.

you're just another brainless troll. you cannot even string together a logical story....how many people buy the overpriced phones the carriers are selling?

i really should not be wasting my time with a little boy like you. you're not worth it

1 Like

Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by taxyflo: 11:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
[/color][color=#990000]Hello guyz, I almost gave up on zain sorry airtel but at last it works perfectly on my samsung galaxy s3 (Android).
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by jpphilips(m): 8:42am On Sep 13, 2012
walcolm:

you're just another brainless troll. you cannot even string together a logical story....how many people buy the overpriced phones the carriers are selling?

i really should not be wasting my time with a little boy like you. you're not worth it

because you are so broke that you soak garr! 3 times daily makes it over priced abi? do you know how many companies that distribute and maintain it for their staff?

what do you even know? not to worry, God wey do am for them go do am for you very soon, say "AMEN". over priced indeed. Our Network operators sell those phones more than they sell bundles to your second hand BB phones.

anyways the logic wont make sense to you because

1 you were still in primary school when MTN launched their 2g network.

2 you think the phones are over priced forgetting that MTN never starts an innovation targeting ordinary individuals.
you chose to forget that when MTN launched their 2g Network, a SIM pack sold for 50k, and the least recharge card was 750, did you think it was meant for a plebeian like you? when your father's minimum wage was a paltry 7,500naira?

if MTN abinitio targets corporate institutions with their innovation, what makes you think they have changed now?

NB:

though i quote you to make my point, i am not really talking to you, i am only creating an awareness that one day, NCC should consider fixing it when they wake up from Coma.
if you seriously think you can argue with JP philips then, you can as well think of having s@x with Mitchel Obama, if the symptoms persists, please see a doctor.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by mikoa: 2:30pm On Sep 15, 2012
i think aitel is the best.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by benzion72(m): 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2012
@Jereal Playbook does not use SIM it is uses a BRIDGE connection with your Blackberry working as a Thetheer with your Blackberry through your Bluethooth and it saves a lot of money streaming audio downloading and all sort
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by rainmaker12(m): 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2012
dis bis 4 android s not still working?... gud guyz help me out
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by jereal(m): 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2012
walcolm:

it didn't..the new sim card version that was just recently released in canada has sha

then that version is gonna cost a lot more than the amount you earlier stated, I guess...!

benzion72: @Jereal Playbook does not use SIM it is uses a BRIDGE connection with your Blackberry working as a Thetheer with your Blackberry through your Bluethooth and it saves a lot of money streaming audio downloading and all sort

so, at the end of the day, it still boils down to getting a blackberry phoneangry
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by walcolm(m): 3:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
jereal:

then that version is gonna cost a lot more than the amount you earlier stated, I guess...!

so, at the end of the day, it still boils down to getting a blackberry phoneangry

the price is not significantly different but the version that uses SIM is currently only offered in Canada.

the Wifi playbook that is available worldwide uses bridging if you have a BB BUT if you dont, it WILL use the data plan on any smartphone that is connected to it by bluetooth. and of course if you have free wifi, it will also use that. so unlike most other wifi only tablet, the playbook gives you more connection options
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by Mayorwer: 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2012
pls help me o.iam using samsung gallaxy y duos.my phone says message memory full.i cant receive message.pls what will i do.
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by walcolm(m): 8:22am On Sep 18, 2012
Mayorwer: pls help me o.iam using samsung gallaxy y duos.my phone says message memory full.i cant receive message.pls what will i do.

which message memory is full?...the sim or phone? if its the sim, just move the text messages on the sim to the phone and that should sort you out
Re: Best Internet Plan For An Android Smartphone? by 9janinja(m): 12:20am On Sep 30, 2012
Guys pls i'm begging u all to pls put me tru . I want to use a bis sub. On my android phone pls help me . 1000 naira data isn't enough . Pls help .thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Samsung Official Thread / How To Reset Or Unlock Android Pattern Security Lock / Unlocking Itel Pattern Lock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.