Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 - Jobs/Vacancies (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 (335882 Views)

Gtb Call For Test On 17&18 June,2012 / Vacancy!!! Advertised On The 6th Of June 2012 / Private Home Teacher For An Ssce Student (may/june 2012) Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by yinkkistic: 7:53am On Oct 24, 2012
Plz som1 shld hlp me with the past question for gtb test.yinkkistic@gmail.com.thanks
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by okesammie: 8:49am On Oct 24, 2012
yinkkistic: Plz som1 shld hlp me with the past question for gtb test.yinkkistic@gmail.com.thanks
When is your test?
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by chamber2(m): 10:40am On Oct 24, 2012
okesammie: When is your test?

The test was on september 6th and documentation on september 14th.
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by lexo4real(m): 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2012
okesammie: Chamber and Lexo4real please confirm that one of you guys wrote his test in August(August 17 i guess) or betterstill, that the guys receiving their invitations for medicals are those that wrote their tests in august. That would tell we september 26 test takers that we are the next set to resume training by first week in december. Thanks.
@okesammie
Entry test ....sept 6
Documentation and pre interview ...sept 10
Panel interview.....sept 21
One on one interview .... Oct 19
Medicals.....oct 22 to oct 24
Resumption date for training.....
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by lockheed55(m): 4:08pm On Oct 24, 2012
chamber2:

The test was on september 6th and documentation on september 14th.

hey chamber congrats bro... so uv done ur second interview already.
some of us for sept 14 doc have not even done first interview yet. still expecting after the postponement
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by Machini(m): 7:45pm On Oct 24, 2012
Hmm, c peeps dey move forward. Congrats to u all. GTBank just bone those of us wey write for ph since.
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by okesammie: 8:14pm On Oct 24, 2012
lexo4real:
@okesammie
Entry test ....sept 6
Documentation and pre interview ...sept 10
Panel interview.....sept 21
One on one interview .... Oct 19
Medicals.....oct 22 to oct 24
Resumption date for training.....
Are you reading this peeps? It is two months on a normal day and when it gets abnormal, it goes beyond two months. Lexo4real and chamber.1st week in November is very sure 4 u guys. All the best. Please don't forget to keep us posted just like whizkidy is doing. Meanwhile, we are gonna appreciate if you could help us post questions from your interview that we are not familiar with here.
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by hoomogh(m): 9:05pm On Oct 24, 2012
chamber2: Yes o

Invitation for medicals just arrived for September 6th guys.

November training school resumption seems to be sure....
happy 4 u guys. Sad one dat i missed d sept 6th test. I hope dey wld re-invite me. God knows d best 4 us all.
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by rotexzy: 5:53am On Oct 25, 2012
kayjay717: @ okesammie...lolz no worry i go buy u 2packet if i dey cum...4rm ur analysis it myt be d trend bt lets kip our fingers crossed nd prayin also

@kayjay717 means you were d guy that came very late for the documentation
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by chamber2(m): 10:32am On Oct 25, 2012
okesammie: Are you reading this peeps? It is two months on a normal day and when it gets abnormal, it goes beyond two months. Lexo4real and chamber.1st week in November is very sure 4 u guys. All the best. Please don't forget to keep us posted just like whizkidy is doing. Meanwhile, we are gonna appreciate if you could help us post questions from your interview that we are not familiar with here.

Let me give a breakdown of the interview questions. The Mistake most people make is to bundle alot of irrelevant things in their CV, thereby making it difficult for the interviewer to quickly scan through their Cv. It also makes the interviewer ask you numerous questions which may throw you off-balance. I mean, this is an entry level/graduate trainee job where you are assumed to haven't done really much, why then suffocate the interviewer with a 2-3 paged CV and thereby making your interview questions complex? My CV was just one paged and the panel commended me for that. Just include ONLY the important things and say others in the course of the interview.

Secondly, be confident, eloquent and friendly. Smile when necessary and DO NOT argue with the panel. If they disagree with you on any point just smile and inform them you have noted their points. DO NOT ARGUE.

Also, try to ask questions. In my case i asked; what is a typical day at GT like? What are the opportunities for career advancement at GT? Questions help to show you are actually interested in knowing more about them.

Try also to gesticulate. Do not just sit like dummy without moving your hands. It shows lack of confidence. Do not mumble. Be clear and concise.

Your dressing must reflect your personality and carriage. Dress appropriately. I will advise you wear a black suit, black tie or orange colour with a white shirt. Thats very suitable for the interview.

Know your course of study, why you chose the course during jamb and how it relates to banking. Also, when asked which dept of the bank you feel you can fit in, tell the panel that you are quite versatile and flexible and would fit in any dept of the bank.

On the one-on-one interview, know things about the bank, its financials and the Nigerian banking sector. Know why you feel you are suitable for the job and why you should be employed against others.

In the bank's financials, know its current share price, capital base, shareholders' equity, profit, dividend etc.

In summary, the questions are:
1. Tell me about yourself. Here advise you say things beyong your cv
2.where do you see yourself in 5yrs?
3.what do you know about gt?
4.what are about financials?
5.Tell me about the banking sector
6.Why do you consider yourself fit for this job?
7.why did you choose your course of study?
8. How does your course relate to banking? etc

Also, pray for God's favour and guidance. If you pass the panel stage the personal interview is almost a walk-over.

4 Likes

Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 25, 2012
Thanks chamber for this information... It means a lot.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by okesammie: 11:15am On Oct 25, 2012
chamber2:

Let me give a breakdown of the interview questions. The Mistake most people make is to bundle alot of irrelevant things in their CV, thereby making it difficult for the interviewer to quickly scan through their Cv. It also makes the interviewer ask you numerous questions which may throw you off-balance. I mean, this is an entry level/graduate trainee job where you are assumed to haven't done really much, why then suffocate the interviewer with a 2-3 paged CV and thereby making your interview questions complex? My CV was just one paged and the panel commended me for that. Just include ONLY the important things and say others in the course of the interview.

Secondly, be confident, eloquent and friendly. Smile when necessary and DO NOT argue with the panel. If they disagree with you on any point just smile and inform them you have noted their points. DO NOT ARGUE.

Also, try to ask questions. In my case i asked; what is a typical day at GT like? What are the opportunities for career advancement at GT? Questions help to show you are actually interested in knowing more about them.

Try also to gesticulate. Do not just sit like dummy without moving your hands. It shows lack of confidence. Do not mumble. Be clear and concise.

Your dressing must reflect your personality and carriage. Dress appropriately. I will advise you wear a black suit, black tie or orange colour with a white shirt. Thats very suitable for the interview.

Know your course of study, why you chose the course during jamb and how it relates to banking. Also, when asked which dept of the bank you feel you can fit in, tell the panel that you are quite versatile and flexible and would fit in any dept of the bank.

On the one-on-one interview, know things about the bank, its financials and the Nigerian banking sector. Know why you feel you are suitable for the job and why you should be employed against others.

In the bank's financials, know its current share price, capital base, shareholders' equity, profit, dividend etc.

In summary, the questions are:
1. Tell me about yourself. Here advise you say things beyong your cv
2.where do you see yourself in 5yrs?
3.what do you know about gt?
4.what are about financials?
5.Tell me about the banking sector
6.Why do you consider yourself fit for this job?
7.why did you choose your course of study?
8. How does your course relate to banking? etc

Also, pray for God's favour and guidance. If you pass the panel stage the personal interview is almost a work over.
Nice one bro. God bless you. I see lexo4real reading this. Please feel free to loop us in if there are addenda from u. Thanks a lot chamber.
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by Machini(m): 11:32am On Oct 25, 2012
@chamber2: you are a bleesing to this thread. Thanks a lot for the tips, highly appreciated.
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by okesammie: 9:10am On Oct 26, 2012
To all muslims on the thread(members and guests). BARKA DE SALLAH.
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by kayjay717: 6:53pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ rotexy..yea ure ryt, I ws d guy dat cane late 4d Doc... Nd @ chambers..tank U̶̲̥̅̊ so much bro 4d piece of info
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by rotexzy: 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2012
kayjay717: @ rotexy..yea ure ryt, I ws d guy dat cane late 4d Doc... Nd @ chambers..tank U̶̲̥̅̊ so much bro 4d piece of info

Okay....I was the guy that sat very next to you....its nice knowing its you. Wanted to collect ur pin buh it slipped ma mind. You can send it to my mail box...rolladvick@yahoo.com. Regards!!!
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by kayjay717: 11:41am On Oct 27, 2012
rotexzy:

Okay....I was the guy that sat very next to you....its nice knowing its you. Wanted to collect ur pin buh it slipped ma mind. You can send it to my mail box...rolladvick@yahoo.com. Regards!!!
. Wow its nyc meetn again here, so any gud news yet 4rm oda source? Dat reminds ♍ƺ d lady dat checkd ur document on dat day said somtin 2u abt nxt year, pls wat ws she tryn  tell u
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by rotexzy: 7:30pm On Oct 27, 2012
rotexzy:

No mind her jare....it was just grammar....all oda sources are saying exactly what's on this forum...no shaking....itz well pals
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 29, 2012
Oct 11 documentaton peeps, its another new week, let's hope this week turns out fruitful for all of us. Hope u all had a lovely holiday.
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by kayjay717: 9:44am On Oct 29, 2012
Yea let's kip hopin nd at d same tym kip prayn @ ebade
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by chamber2(m): 11:32am On Oct 30, 2012
Lets hope the good news starts flying in today....cheers!

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by lexo4real(m): 12:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
chamber2: Lets hope the good news starts flying in today....cheers!
Yes boss...Heard dey hav sent abuja pple IV 4 TS yesterday..

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by ednutoyekan(m): 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2012
@lockheed55, pls how many were you guys for the Sept 14 documentation and is it all of you they have not yet called for Panel interview? Kindly reply bro
lockheed55:

hey chamber congrats bro... so uv done ur second interview already.
some of us for sept 14 doc have not even done first interview yet. still expecting after the postponement
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by kayjay717: 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2012
hey oct 11 documentation peeps, hv any 1 been callled 4 d interview? pls inform d house oooooo
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 31, 2012
Kayjay, no news yet. We are all waiting!
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by okesammie: 8:21am On Oct 31, 2012
Ebade: Kayjay, no news yet. We are all waiting!
They have sent it.
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by okesammie: 8:48am On Oct 31, 2012
okesammie: For the sake of those of us that are expectant, let me do a little analysis here. These are facts i have gathered from past trends of movement coupled with dates applicants were called for certain stages.
JUNE 20 TEST(Brauny,femi et.al)
15 days
July 5-Documentation
11 days
July 16-Interview invitation
4 days
July 20-Panel interview
24 days
August 13- Final interview invitation
3 days
August 16-Success mail
They did not talk about when they did their medicals and they resumed training school First week in september. It lasted 2 months.

LATE JULY(BeautyX5) AUGUST 1(Loladeking)
August 8- documentation
17 days
August 25- panel interview invitation
3 days
August 28- Interview for BeautyX5, Lolade got his invitation on this date
August 31- Lolade's panel Interview but All were postponed due to end of the month account analysis
September 4- panel interview
17 days from panel interview invitation to final interview

September 12- final interview
2 days
September 14- Success mail.
12 days
September 26 and 27 - Medicals
5days
October 2- Picked up training school letters

The likes of lolade did documentation on the 8th of august but whizkidy did his on the 24th of august and still went to training school with them in october.Now, whizkidy had a faster pace. The thing lasted 2 months for lolade and co.

We have the september 6 test and september 14 documentation set in our front now.(Lockheed 55, Warlord3000,Omasmiley etc) They might be going in by 1st week in november.
SEPTEMBER 26 and Early OCTOBER TEST(Our Set)
15 days
October 11- Documentation
18 days maximum
October 29-Panel interview invitation(cos of ileya festival)
4 days
November 2-Panel interview
21 days maximum
November 23 -Final interview
Followed by medical and hopefully training school starts 1st week in December. JUST A GUESS THAT I BELIEVE COULD BE THE TREND FOLLOWED BY GTB. Let's watch and see. Abeg no criticize me ooooooooooo. I just like stuffs like this.
Just like this analysis reads, I just received an invitation for panel interview at MARINA which is to hold on friday 2nd of november. check your box people.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by chamber2(m): 9:39am On Oct 31, 2012
^^^

Congrats man! Did you just get the invite or was it sent yesterday?

We are still expecting TS invite ohhh.
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by lexo4real(m): 9:43am On Oct 31, 2012
okesammie: Just like this analysis reads, I just received an invitation for panel interview at MARINA which is to hold on friday 2nd of november. check your box people.
Congrats guy...focus more on ur CV...All the best
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by whizkidy: 10:01am On Oct 31, 2012
chamber2: ^^^

@ all expecting training school invite, a batch had their medicals between monday and yesterday. The TS invite should be sent before the end of today and that's if a class would be resuming next week else expect the invite next week.
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by okesammie: 10:30am On Oct 31, 2012
chamber2: ^^^

You guys will get it soon. By God's grace. I believe you will resume next week, that's like the first week as​ all 5 days(Monday-friday) are days in november. I received it around 8 a.m this morning.
Re: Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 by ednutoyekan(m): 11:16am On Oct 31, 2012
Panel Interview at Marina on Friday 2nd Novenber...it is well ooooooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (161) (Reply)

Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil / Akintola Williams Deloitte Test / Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.