Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,393 members, 7,819,405 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? (1745 Views)

Churchless Christianity: A Move Of God? / Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? / Christianity: A Religion Or A 'Way Of Life'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Nobody: 4:19am On Jun 15, 2012
Is Christianity a group of people who have a brainwashed mentality or are we just a group of religious fanatics, following what our predecessors have left behind for us? Have anything to say, why not write and tell you what you think about Christianity today...
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by go4value(m): 8:03am On Jun 15, 2012
@op...........christianity,is neither a religion or a group........IT IS A WAY OF LIFE.except a man is born of God n Holyspirit,he cannot enter into d kingdom of God.
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by gst101: 11:50am On Jun 15, 2012
go4value: @op...........christianity,is neither a religion or a group........IT IS A WAY OF LIFE.except a man is born of God n Holyspirit,he cannot enter into d kingdom of God.
absolute nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by logicboy: 2:10pm On Jun 15, 2012
Christianity is a religion. A religion that is has a lot of pagan roots and hypocrisy.

Easter and Christmas were originally pagan festivals. Furthermore, the christians say that people should not worship idols. They forget about their images of Jesus on the cross, their statues and their crucifixes that they wear/keep in teir houses
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Ptolomeus(m): 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2012
Christianity is not a religion. Christianity is a SECT.
The original religion was Jewish, and she fell off Catholicism.
Catholicism (which is also a sect), came off Christianity.
Therefore Christianity is a sect what was born from another sect.
Besides being a cult, Christianity is spiritist, it is based on the worship of the spirit of a dead man.
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by tintingz(m): 9:12pm On Jun 15, 2012
Christianity is a religion with different doctrines and paganism act
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Ptolomeus(m): 4:34pm On Jun 18, 2012
tintingz: Christianity is a religion with different doctrines and paganism act

The difference between a religion and a cult, is a sect born of the root of religion.
I am not demeaning to Christianity when I say that Christianity is a group of sects, I do not contemptuously, but on the basis it is not a pure religion, but a division of another religion before.
I am absolutely agree that Christianity is a summation of pagan worship ceremonies.
My respects.
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2012
. Dup .
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 18, 2012
Wow! WOw!! WOW!!!
I feel so bad that the misconceptions here is hurting my stomach so so bad. I am not here to lecture but i will surrender myself to tackle the issues submitted here and first i must start with the idea of Christianity having something to do with a dead man....hahahahahahahah

Jesus Christ is the originator of the life style we call Christianity to day. Christ-Like is the connotation of christian and the life style of Christ on earth is what makes us more and more like Christ cause he actually became the second purest creation on earth who was born with no sin, the first was Adam. He only succeeded in the mission of working with God and attain the perfect sacrifice for the atonement of sin. hahahahahahahahahah

We do not have a particular form of worship or rule of worship cause our God is an amazing God who continues to leave us in awe in his manifestation over our life and continues to trigger a new nature within us all the time when we draw nearer to him. If you really want to understand the life of a Christian, do not look at the people you see every day cause we are never perfect, we are only living in the perfection of an already made perfect worship to God from Jesus to our father in Heaven.
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Ptolomeus(m): 8:19pm On Jun 18, 2012
chimithen: Wow! WOw!! WOW!!!
I feel so bad that the misconceptions here is hurting my stomach so so bad. I am not here to lecture but i will surrender myself to tackle the issues submitted here and first i must start with the idea of Christianity having something to do with a dead man....hahahahahahahah

Jesus Christ is the originator of the life style we call Christianity to day. Christ-Like is the connotation of christian and the life style of Christ on earth is what makes us more and more like Christ cause he actually became the second purest creation on earth who was born with no sin, the first was Adam. He only succeeded in the mission of working with God and attain the perfect sacrifice for the atonement of sin. hahahahahahahahahah

We do not have a particular form of worship or rule of worship cause our God is an amazing God who continues to leave us in awe in his manifestation over our life and continues to trigger a new nature within us all the time when we draw nearer to him. If you really want to understand the life of a Christian, do not look at the people you see every day cause we are never perfect, we are only living in the perfection of an already made perfect worship to God from Jesus to our father in Heaven.
Take a digestive, you may have some stomach problems.
Do not panic if you then have some diarrhea. Is normal.
Get well.
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by ijawkid(m): 10:59pm On Jun 18, 2012
Religion is defined as :: a specific set of fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed Ùpon by a number of persons or sect.....

By that definition christianity is a religion....

But many have thwarted its original purpose..

Many have adopted pagan beliefs and attached it to christianity(easter,use of d cross in worship,xmas,hell fire, etc)
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by UyiIredia(m): 11:41pm On Jun 18, 2012
Christianity is a first & formost a philosophy and what I mean by philosophy in this context is 'a way of living'. Christianity as a religion holds because it attributes divine qualities to the person of Jesus. I can't say its a religion because of its sacred texts or rites because such have evolved in different ways over the centuries with the result being a huge number of Christian sects loosely bound by common norms.

Lemme use this chance to itirate that Christianity is unique in the sense that there was a verification of the fact that its founder escaped death via ressurection. The means of verification was through eye-witnessing and internal evidence (which is done by cross-checking against the story itself for integrity). I must say that the touted Mithraism doesn't hold because it is very unlikely that there was an actual person called Mithras & its account of ressurection is a doctrine as opposed to Christianity which has 4 seperate accounts of an actual ressurection.
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Nobody: 5:04am On Jun 19, 2012
Pains and regrets are in these days, normal activity as bread was a normal meal to the Israelite in Egypt. There is truly no open heaven to a heart of in-secured understanding of their identity in Christ Jesus. It was through this one man whom was raised by a woman, trained by the holy spirit and reminded of his identity by his awareness of the word of God and finally at the age of 30, was declared in the open as the son of the most high, in whom he was well pleased after his baptism and led into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

Many things we do in life are revealed by the nature of our trials and when Jesus was tempted, on the three occasion, his identity was questioned specifically."If you are the son of God..." His Ministry started after wards and then came the trials in his own hometown cause no body accepted him for who he said he was but held on to that little boy he used to be. He left them in their ignorance and went ahead to preach to all others willing to listen and when he choose his disciples, he did not go to the rich or wealthy but the losers who were failures in their ways and poor financially...

Jesus is a conman, filled with wisdom of God but he conned us into salvation by giving us what we cannot pay for in cash or words but with our whole life. So if you are a Christian filled with regrets of your physical losses, i am sorry, the experience of God will not manifest in you until you fully surrender your hatred, your pain, your sins, your errors, your mistakes, your foolishness, your education, your smartness and so on unto the Lord of Host and then he will bring upon you the wisdom of God that could trigger a nation in the time of Solomon, making Israel a popular nation...

The way of life of a Christ is what we follow, but in the new age, we must do more than he has accomplished by spreading the word of truth and life to all nations, but we still cannot do that without him and that is why when he left, he knew confusion such as this will set in and then he left us with a piece of himself and that is his words, his miracles, his glory intervention, his power over the grave, his Resurrection, his chosen apostles, his great accomplishment and it did not end there, he promised we will do more if we can hold on and tarry along waiting for the comforter who will bring us to the awareness of all that he has done in our life and all he intends to do.

He is the link to our understanding of what the father desires from us and he is likewise the heart of God in whom the heart of the father is revealed to you and i. But we cannot have a revelation of the heart of the father if we allow ignorance, foolishness, regrets, unforgiveness, wickedness, greed, segregation, insecurity and so on block our minds from the truth. There is one way, one truth and one life and if you are to choose how best to live your life, don't you think it is best to hand it into the hands of the one who actually created us to be the guide and led the way while we follow cause he alone knows why he choose us to be who we are and he alone to bring us to the awareness of what he has destined upon our heart.

Bless you all brethren.
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by aia99: 12:46am On Jun 20, 2012
logicboy: Christianity is a religion. A religion that is has a lot of pagan roots and hypocrisy.

Easter and Christmas were originally pagan festivals. Furthermore, the christians say that people should not worship idols. They forget about their images of Jesus on the cross, their statues and their crucifixes that they wear/keep in teir houses
thanks.let them know d rite path
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by tintingz(m): 5:47am On Jun 20, 2012
First Jesus christ never call his disciples christians or mention d word christians even God in d bible never mention christians, d true followers of christ as been killed by paul and later the founder of christianity with the romans(now roman catholics) i wonder why christians call demselvs christ like while Jesus himself didnt practice all sort of doctrines christians are practicing today.
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Murphy7h4: 8:25am On Jun 20, 2012
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 20, 2012
tintingz: First Jesus christ never call his disciples christians or mention d word christians even God in d bible never mention christians, d true followers of christ as been killed by paul and later the founder of christianity with the romans(now roman catholics) i wonder why christians call demselvs christ like while Jesus himself didnt practice all sort of doctrines christians are practicing today.

When we lax in ignorance, we should dig deep to know how, when, what, where, what and why Christian choose to be called cHRISTIANS AND NOT MAGICIANS...hahahahahaha

are we sure we understand the nature of being Christ-like or are we just trying to win some arguement or neglect the fact that Christ himself have a lifestyle that supersedes any person, prophet ever walking the surface of the earth. Well if a lot of you have a role model and your role models were some rich guy like Bill gates, everyone will want to be like Bill gates and walk in his ways, even adore the way he eats his meals...

So if you are just being plain nasty or sort of naive or possibly ignorant just because the name of Jesus is involved, then i am sorry you lack wisdom of even the world in which we are which is by the way foolishness in the sight of God. So if you cannot yunderstand the physical, how will you understand the parables at all made clear in the ways of men for our understanding of the heavenly realm with earth activities...
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Ptolomeus(m): 6:05pm On Jun 20, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Christianity is a first & formost a philosophy and what I mean by philosophy in this context is 'a way of living'.
Hardly.
For his Jewish roots. Had there been no Judaism, Christianity would not exist today.
Christianity is not independent nor original.
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2012
The fool has said in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt,
They have done abominable works,
There is none who does good.

The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men,
To see if there are any who understand, who seek God.

They have all turned aside,
They have together become corrupt;
There is none who does good,
No, not one.

Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge,
Who eat up my people as they eat bread,
And do not call on the Lord?

There they are in great fear,
For God is with the generation of the righteous.

You shame the counsel of the poor,
But the Lord is his refuge.

Oh, that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion!
When the Lord brings back the captivity of His people,
Let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad.
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Ptolomeus(m): 7:53pm On Jun 20, 2012
chimithen: Oh, that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion!
When the Lord brings back the captivity of His people,
Let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad.
Yes, of course. He is the god of Israel. Not the god of Nigeria.

You underestimate their partners.
I guess ustede believed to be very intelligent, and that others are stupid ...
I read your last statement that you say you do not know if we can not understand the physics biblical parables ....
That is pathetic.
Unworthy of someone who thinks he is so smart.
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 21, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Yes, of course. He is the god of Israel. Not the god of Nigeria.

You underestimate their partners.
I guess ustede believed to be very intelligent, and that others are stupid ...
I read your last statement that you say you do not know if we can not understand the physics biblical parables ....
That is pathetic.
Unworthy of someone who thinks he is so smart.

What a compliment and glad it came from you... Smart? hahahahahahahahah
I wish i were as you made it sound...
I am not as smart as you make it seem but by the grace of God,iam smart with Jesus making his word audible through... I am just a vessel my dear and whatever comes from me is not for me but edifies me and i hope it does more for you as well.

Nigeria, Isreal, USA, Malaysia, Ghana and so on are all elements of his creation and if you do not understand that he even created you, then i think you might have accepted the fact that you evolve from a monkey... If my assumptions are true, then i see you are lost in confusionand will need more than words to make you aware of your true identity...

If my preassumptions were wrong, well there is still the assumptions in another form of creation that assume that we all came from a pot of soup that automatically probed out all the organisms of this world... wow!!! what a whole new age of confusion, we have lost all the values of life that we are now living without a purpoose of a fulfillment cause we feel it is imminent to believe the lies and allow pains to lead us on...

Well if you do not believe in God, i will like to know these:
what you believe in? 
when you started believing in it?
how you came to believe it?
who led you to believe it?
where your believe system came from?
why you believe in your own?
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Ptolomeus(m): 7:53pm On Jun 21, 2012
chimithen:
1. hahahahahahahahah I am not as smart as you make it

2. then i think you might have accepted the fact that you evolve from a monkey...

3. Well if you do not believe in God, i will like to know these:

1. That is very clear, and I totally agree with you.

2. After reading some posts, I do not think the man descend the monkey ... I believe that there are monkeys directly write.

3. Yes, I believe in God, so that your questions will expire.
Please accept my compliments, Mr. Smart.
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ptolomeus:

1. That is very clear, and I totally agree with you.

2. After reading some posts, I do not think the man descend the monkey ... I believe that there are monkeys directly write.

3. Yes, I believe in God, so that your questions will expire.
Please accept my compliments, Mr. Smart.

really! Its so amazing how much is going right now... Contradicting your acceptance by your very own words...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by tintingz(m): 8:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
chimithen:
When we lax in ignorance, we should dig deep to know how, when, what, where, what and why Christian choose to be called cHRISTIANS AND NOT MAGICIANS...hahahahahaha
are we sure we understand the nature of being Christ-like or are we just trying to win some arguement or neglect the fact that Christ himself have a lifestyle that supersedes any person, prophet ever walking the surface of the earth. Well if a lot of you have a role model and your role models were some rich guy like Bill gates, everyone will want to be like Bill gates and walk in his ways, even adore the way he eats his meals...
So if you are just being plain nasty or sort of naive or possibly ignorant just because the name of Jesus is involved, then i am sorry you lack wisdom of even the world in which we are which is by the way foolishness in the sight of God. So if you cannot yunderstand the physical, how will you understand the parables at all made clear in the ways of men for our understanding of the heavenly realm with earth activities...
christians christ-like abi? Now answer jehovah withness never believe in xmas day, easter, trinity, even hell fire, celestial dont put on shoes to churc, wearing white garment to church dancing and clapping call angels even elijah to deliver dem same as d kerib and siraf clappin and chanting elijah beside rivers, catholics worship Mary and call on her to pray for dem while Jesus said in bible no one can come to d father except tru him infact dey turn Mary to their godess so sort of doctrines...so answer me which of d way is Jesus christ/christ-like, which one of dem can i believe to knw the true christ-like?
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:22pm On Jun 21, 2012
chimithen:

really! Its so amazing how much is going right now... Contradicting your acceptance by your very own words...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Sometimes the arrogance lost with irony.
Allow me to smile.
Be happy.grin
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
The word of God made it clear to all believers that we are all special creations, we should have the heart of King or Queen as our identity but serve as servants...

I am also reminded that Jesus Christ left with us a comforter and also indicated that in the end times, he will pour out his spirit on all flesh and when this happens, it is not an ordinary event, there will be trembling and shakings in the rooted places, tearing down the principalites and powers...

Saul named Paul, was a destroyer of believers because he felt he was doing the right thing and until he met with an encounter... Peter was a failed fisherman, until he met with God's supernatural manifestation in abundance... All the disciples whom were mentioned died for what the believe in cause they know what the understanding of encounter is... Kingdome manifestation is revealed with the power of God in our presentation...

There is a trick that is much more deadly than what we already know the devil is up for, it is a trick that denies you and i the identity we should live in. This identity crisi is the first and foremost reason for diversity and challenges in the world of the Christians. Why will there be so much persecutions in this group of people if someone is not threatened by their existence...

Well you are children of God as wel and that power which is of God has been given to us all, and if you doubt the power of faith in Jesus Christ, i am not against you but will ask that you simply seek the Lord to reveal his power to you... Just go on your knees, seek his face and ask of anything that you so desire in the name of Jesus Christ, believing that he is the Lord the saviour, the son of God, our salvation...
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by defacilitator(m): 7:16am On Jun 26, 2012
tintingz: christians christ-like abi? Now answer jehovah withness never believe in xmas day, easter, trinity, even hell fire, celestial dont put on shoes to churc, wearing white garment to church dancing and clapping call angels even elijah to deliver dem same as d kerib and siraf clappin and chanting elijah beside rivers, catholics worship Mary and call on her to pray for dem while Jesus said in bible no one can come to d father except tru him infact dey turn Mary to their godess so sort of doctrines...so answer me which of d way is Jesus christ/christ-like, which one of dem can i believe to knw the true christ-like?

It is not the nature of what we do that indicates who we are. Our believe system has a foundation and that foundation is built upon love. Christ is love and every one who wants to be Christ-like must be filled with the love of his personality. What Christ specifically revealed to us his friends is the simple act of love not as the world has so distorted it but as it truly is, from the eyes of the father.

If what you see in christian is their manner of worship, then you have failed totally to understand why christianity is not a religion, it is the life style built upon the love from God... the Agape love. The filio love is a prerequisite of the Agape, if we cannot understand and abide by the agape love, how can we come to be aware of a true filio love...

There is a horizontal relationship needed from every man on earth to the father in heaven and if that relationship is healthy, he can manifest through you in diverse ways that even people around will be amazed about. He alone allows us to understand what his love for us simply is and that triggers our ability to love others responsively and respectively...

The whole commandments in the bible simply indicates these, loving God with all your heart, soul and mind above all things and secondly loving your neighbour as you love yourself. Do you love yourself enough to show a standard to loving others? So even loving ourselves require guidance cause some of us do not even know why we are born and what lies in God's heart for us all...

More Blessings all and may the Holy spirit never depart from you in Jesus name...
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by defacilitator(m): 7:23am On Jun 26, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Sometimes the arrogance lost with irony.
Allow me to smile.
Be happy.grin

Arrogance? When truth meets a higher truth, the lower has to bow and accept the higher...
Christ is the truth of life and his special companion for you and i is a wonderful revealer of secrets.

I am the way, the truth and the life, who ever comes through me to the father will be attended to...
You are simply going to be responsive to something that is revealed to you, otherwise why will there be a believe for something that does not work...

God knows us all and created us in his image and also knows our weakness from our high spots, all he can do for his creatures is to simply hook us at the poit he knows we surely will bend and that is how salvation has come upon many who were never believers but has experienced his touch...

My dear friend, you will not be surprise at my praise of him who is God of our nation, our country and of the whole human race, what is so hard fpor him to do? He it was who spoke into the air and the world was made, his breath gave man life and for eternity as well...

We all have a choice in life, follow the way, i mean the only way, the truth which is quite not easy to accept, the life which is the rot to eternity and there is nothing in the world we cannot attain...

God bless you all
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Kay17: 8:03am On Jun 26, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Christianity is a first & formost a philosophy and what I mean by philosophy in this context is 'a way of living'. Christianity as a religion holds because it attributes divine qualities to the person of Jesus. I can't say its a religion because of its sacred texts or rites because such have evolved in different ways over the centuries with the result being a huge number of Christian sects loosely bound by common norms.

Lemme use this chance to itirate that Christianity is unique in the sense that there was a verification of the fact that its founder escaped death via ressurection. The means of verification was through eye-witnessing and internal evidence (which is done by cross-checking against the story itself for integrity). I must say that the touted Mithraism doesn't hold because it is very unlikely that there was an actual person called Mithras & its account of ressurection is a doctrine as opposed to Christianity which has 4 seperate accounts of an actual ressurection.

Its Bloody hearsay!! We rely on the accounts of the anonymous writers be it Mark or Matthew, Luke, Thomas etc.

Cross checking the story for credibility?! Millions of polemics have been written on biblical incoherency. Another exaggerated claim.
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Niflheim(m): 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2012
@Chimithen,you are worse than the reverend jimmy jones because you preach lies!!!you claim that Jesus was the 2nd creation born without sin when infact he was the 3rd,Eve was the second!!!
Re: Christianity; A Religion? A Group? Or What? by Niflheim(m): 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2012
@Chimithen,you talk about 'glory interventions'and yet no single pastor on earth could predict september 11!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Geologists Drills Into Pit Of Hell, Listen To Actual Recordings / What The Devil Is It Doing In Kazakhstan? Mystery Of Enormous Pentagram / Old Testament And New Testament God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.