Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (202337 Views)

I Need Deeper Life Bible -gospel Hymns CD / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by talk2cash(m): 10:17am On Dec 18, 2011
I have been in Deeper life many years and the truth remain, i have become customize with the doctrine of the church based on the Bible principal and may Youth want freedom and that's why they can not stay because of freedom to live a worthless life. They want to enjoy this world to the fullness according to some of them and they fail to understand that life is too short and you can not enjoy everything. What about he Joy in Heaven which is more then the happiness on earth. This planet of suffering, sickness, problem, calamity, sorrows, accidents, witches and wizer talking charge of everything on earth, Satan leading in every thing on earth with commanding turn to keep sinning every-time and infact, this land is full of sins.

Youth are looking for freedom to comment sins , like fornication, lies, still, love the music of this world, love the things of this world. This is the point that is not favourable in Deeper life, and is not taking kindly and they keep sounding it as it is the warning from the Bible.

Remember what have in Babylon,  That's the live the worldly youth of this generation what to live. they don't what to worship God in Holiness and in truth. God is real and Satan is real,  Heaven is real, Hell is real. it is appointed unto a man once to die and after that Judgement of God. What shall be my gain if i enjoy the things of this world and loose my soul in hell. Hell was main for the devils but as man have choose to joint the devils with his deed so shall the sinners who choose his way follow their master.

John 3:16-19, friends , if ur reading this now, you still have opportunity,  You have to be born again from all sins and pray for God's forgiveness and let Jesus Christ come's to your life and cleans you from all sins and give you grace to live a leave a life that pleases God at all time.
Jesus is still Knocking at the DOOR of your HEART,  Upon ur heart and let him come and dual in you and take charge of your life. Pray this prayer with me now " Lord Jesus Christ come's into my life and wash all my sins and cleans me from all my uncleanliness and wash me with the pleasure blood of Jesus and let me be worthy to be counted among the heavenliest  and write my names in the Book of life in Jesus name. AMen

Your well come in Christ Jesus,  Youth have to come to God and ask God to Forgive you and He will surely forgive you in Jesus Christ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Davidseed: 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2011
In 1Timothy 2 vs 9 it says[b] let women be modest in their dressing, not with fancy hair styles or gold ornaments or pearls or expensive dresses[/b]

Also in the book of Peter similar thing is written
take it or u leave it

T[b]he real Christian when they started were truly different and people don’t even like them just like Deeper life[/b] (Redeem was like that too until very recently)

Have you endeavour to ask Mummy Adeboye (wife of Pastor E.A Adeboye) why she is not putting on[b] earring[/b] or the other senior pastor women of The Redeemed Christian church and their converted children why they are always covering their hair and dressing modestly without earring (see then at the alter at Redeem camp)?    a word is enough for the wise
Or Mummy Ezekiel (wife of the founder of CPM) why they don’t put on earring

the we all want something easy and simple religion does mean God will change His standard for us though

If you therefore want to hear the truth pay attention to the spirit of God and read your bible well keep quite and don’t come against the way of God

Infact if there is a particular way of dressing that you can’t do without because of Christ am sorry to tell you “u might not be worthy of the Kingdom of God”.

From time of old it was not so, but churches need people to hear the word of God that why they lowered the standard so as not to scare people away from the very fundamental (which is salvation).

So therefore be informed that Deeper life teaching is directly from the bible 

God Help us all

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Onoti9(m): 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2011
I started my christain journey as a youth in deeper life. The teaching I received then gave me a sound footing as one contending for the Kingdom of God. Youths today may prefer to feel rather think may want to stay away from deeper life because of rigid church doctrine that advocate holiness
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by IYANGBALI: 1:27am On Dec 20, 2011
we dey run comot because dem no dey dance awilo and yahoozee for the church and dem no get swagger grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by lepasharon(f): 2:45am On Dec 20, 2011
lool
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Joagbaje(m): 7:15pm On Dec 21, 2011
IYA NGBALI:

we dey run comot because dem no dey dance awilo and yahoozee for the church and dem no get swagger grin grin grin

The church is over 30 years in existence , the youths didn't run away, they have become papas and mamas cool. The question now should be , why are not so many youths coming in, and that's if there's any situation like that

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by ibdouglas: 10:14am On Feb 02, 2012
the deeperlifers are not that discriminative, i have them as frends, and they are all exposed, even the girls nd ladies are not as tied up as u guys think, so u guys give them a break, by the way they are the one's that if u dnt knw do most things u wont expect them to, shocked, have u guys seen the jehovahs withnesses. try there if u
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by GraciousJ(f): 11:53am On Feb 08, 2012
Many youth run away from Deeper life because:
(a) Ladies are not allow to use attachment or palm their hair.
(b) Deeper life don`t allow wearing of some dressers like: trousers, body hug,armless short skirt. i.e They don`t allow their members to dress half necked
(c) They don`t use drums.

And youth don`t want to dress like "holy Mary" or stay in a quiet place without drum.

Should we ask Deeper life to come down so that the youth will run back to the church?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by MrRosh: 5:47pm On Feb 13, 2012
Its has being one interesting read! I sure loved some of the comments posted though some would raise more questions the fact still remains anything that obstructs a worldview classed as 'Freedom' will sure be resisted or absconded,

Feel free to raise more questions, i guess there are people out there with logical answers!
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by TONY4JESUS4REA: 4:09pm On Mar 04, 2012
Dear Brethren In Christ, Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I have been reading all the responds in this question- Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? I am persuaded to say something. However, I convinced in my spirit that whatever I will be saying here is God's word! I am declaring to as many or few that are earnestly want to spend their eternity in Heaven with our Lord Jesus. I will be speaking base on absolute word of God and in points.

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church?

1) ''You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good. They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God. They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that!'' – 2Timothy 3:1-5 (NLT). Thus many people are carried away by the wind and spirit of end-time, which makes them love only themselves (not even their God or neighbours). They are filled with spirit of boast & pride that they can not torelent any where that tend to curtail such spirit in them to the minimum. The are very cruel & desperately detest what is good (including decent fashions). They are craving for pleasures than loving their God, that is why they are in search of where there is disco church (church where they dance like snake & in unclothedness) in the name of David dance; instead of a place where they worship God in truth & in spirit.

2) ''For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths.'' – 2Timothy 4:3-4 (NLT). Thus, many people are desperately in search of ministers of God's word who will minister to them what they are having itching ear to hear. That is why church ministry today have become organisation that makes effort to maximise the worldly satisfaction of member; thus, members are customers who deserve satisfaction for the money they spend into the church, rather than fellowship where God's people gather to here the very heartbeat of God for His people. As long as minister of God approves the way of their life, they assume that God have approve their way of life too. This confirm the third reason.

3) ''Later, Jesus sat on the Mount of Olives. His disciples came to him privately and said, “Tell us, when will all this happen? What sign will signal your return and the end of the world?”, For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God’s chosen ones. See, I have warned you about this ahead of time.'' – Matthew 24:3-25 (NLT). There are many who truly love God and sincerely interested in making it to Heaven, but have fall to the deceptive trap of the false prophets. Because of the many signs and wonders these false prophets have display before their very eyes, they now believe any thing they hear from them as from God's inspiration. False prophets are human being like every human being, but are highly possess by the an evil spirit:''And I saw three evil spirits that looked like frogs leap from the mouths of the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet. They are demonic spirits who work miracles and go out to all the rulers of the world to gather them for battle against the Lord on that great judgement day of God the Almighty.'' – Revelation 16:13-14 (NLT)

4) ''Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.'' – 1John 2:15-17 (NLT). Many Christians are being deceives because of their craving for worldly things. Because of their craving for men's approval rather than God's approval. Many want to dress to attract the attentions & honour of men rather than dressing to honour & glorification of God. Many of us, christian are craving for physical pleasures of this world, therefore many of us becomes victims of the deception of the false prophets. Many of us don't understand the purpose of Christianity or have lost the focus of this purpose, therefore neglect the prize of making Heaven through Christ. Consequently, false prophets who receive inspirations from the devil on how to twist the word of God to suit the itching desire of many are at increase in this last days.

5) “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. -- Matthew 7:13-14 (NIV). This is another bitter truth! Many christian don't want to enter that narrow gate that is difficult to pass through. That want to pass through the way that everybody or at least majority is pass through. But the truth is that God is not the God of majority carries the vote, but He is the God of His standard is His judgement. If He can spare only Noah & his family whom God found only righteous among his generation; and God destroy the rest of mankind, then God does not mind how many people who refuse to follow the narrow gate. No wonder our Lord Jesus said: “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgement day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name. But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.'' Matthew 7:21-23 (NLT).

Finally, for those who are promoting their pastors as man of God because of their miracles, well thanks God for their lives. But I like to advise you, don't use the signs & wonders a man of God display to determinate his fruit before God; but use his teachings and lifestyle to determine his fruits. Secondly about dressing, deep inside my spirit I keep hearing that the most 3 risk christian women are taking against their soul in eternity is -- making up of their face with paints, reckless dressing, especially wearing trousers and uncovering of their head during prayers. I don't have time to explain this now, but please if you think you are interested in know why this 3 things is a risk to women souls, please do contact me in this regards and I will give you sound scriptural reasons; for want ever the Holy Spirit thought me is always base on the written scripture. However, I have not say this for contention criticism or to judge anyone (God forbid that I should be the judge). But I declare it as a word of God inspired through me. One thing we must bear in mind is that precaution is better than cure. It is better to be archaic and enter into Heaven, than to be modernize and end up in eternal hell. God is still Ancient of the days, the same yesterday, today and forever. The standard of His Holiness does not change to the conformity of the worthlessness of modernisation.

NB: If you don't understand this message or you want more clarification. I am very happy to hear from you.

Deeper life & watchman remains the uncompromised church of our time I have seen sor far. There may be other ways out there I have not notice. But this 2 is the outstanding. If I can see any of this in my area here in UK I will join with my family. Because I am earnestly & desparatly want to make heaven at all cost.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by newmi(m): 9:34pm On Mar 04, 2012
Anyone in that statistic?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Sweetdoct247(m): 10:10am On Apr 10, 2012
The prob is that people want it the "easy" way, u want to be a xtian and still get to do all that u did while u were not. Well sorry it doesn't work that way! Let's not deceive ourselves xtianity and just any way of life don't go together, God is love but whether we like it or not He has a standard. Now to the common man that standard is impossible but with grace and Holy Spirit it's not just easy it's the sweetest thing. It's simple anything that u do that does not edify the body of Christ isn't the quality of a xtian.  Xtians right from the biblical days have always been a separate people, u can't be a xtian and at the same time be worldly. With time and with the help of the Holy Spirit in u xtianity changes u and gradually like that u naturally shed anything ungodly that characterizes your life, holiness comes to become your reality. No, it's not an overnight change but there's surely going to be a change. This change I believe doesn't necessarily me no earrings, no jeans, make up and all what nots that I believe is a matter of personal conviction. Come as u are but u are never going to remain as u are otherwise u never came in the first place or maybe u came and left.
What I see is that the word "Grace" has been abused. It's been taken to mean u r at liberty to do anything thing u want even tho u claim so be a xtian.  "grace abounds" is all everybody keeps saying smh......
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by GraciousJ(f): 4:52pm On Apr 10, 2012
Please don't go and dance awilo in Hell fire please am begging, don't let this post stand against you on that day.Jesus is still calling.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by haibe(m): 10:55am On Jun 06, 2012
Wow ℓ̊ have just read powerful and inspiring comments here, ℓ̊ hope we youths get to understand that the road to heaven is narrow and not as we think it is. "The grace of God that bringeth salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts we should live soberly, righteously and Godly in this present world. The truth is that if truely you are born again and salvation has come unto you, then you will be able to deny all ungodliness and worldly lusts and that is exactly what deeper life does but people love darkness rather than light S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ they run away from light and go to churches where they are allowed to exercise their lusts and sinful acts all in the name of grace, well the truth is that the word grace has been abused to mean you can d̶̲̅σ anything you like but that's another deceit of the devil. The grace of God helps you to deny sin. If you call yourself born again and you haven't seen positive changes in ƔυƦ life, then you should check yourself again, he that is in christ is a new creature, old things are past away, behold all things are become new.
May God help our youth the truth to know. God bless the founder of deeperlife church. He preaches the word without diluting it to entice sinners to come to his church. ℓ̊ pray God will continue helping him to preach the truth.
ℓ̊ have noticed something, whatever the world hate are mostly things that are Godly and whatever they love are mostly not from God. ℓ̊ understand why deeper life is hated by many. May God open our eyes and help us worship him in spirit and in truth and not turning our churches to club house.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2012
Greetings to every body,
can you kindly explain the reason why DLBC misled alot of people in the nineties claiming that the television was the devil's box?
We all know now that all branche's of deeper life at a minimum have a projector with satellite connection but, the TV was expressly condemned then.
It even got some ministers punished and I keep wondering now how many people would have had their dream of a mass communication career aborted.
Secondly, you guy's need to begin to ask serious question's about the legality of tithe.
I expect most of you to defend tithe expressly but, your revered pastors now did worse condemning TV back in the day's.
Thank's.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by haibe(m): 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2012
Guitarlife: Greetings to every body,
can you kindly explain the reason why DLBC misled alot of people in the nineties claiming that the television was the devil's box?
We all know now that all branche's of deeper life at a minimum have a projector with satellite connection but, the TV was expressly condemned then.
It even got some ministers punished and I keep wondering now how many people would have had their dream of a mass communication career aborted.
Secondly, you guy's need to begin to ask serious question's about the legality of tithe.
I expect most of you to defend tithe expressly but, your revered pastors now did worse condemning TV back in the day's.
Thank's.
Not that t.v itself is not bad but there are some programs shown in it that can harm the state of a christian, two ways which ur heart can be contaminated with evil is ur eyes and ur ears and dats why u av to be careful wit what u watch and hear because if they are evil thats what satan wil use to tempt u to sin and u know what that means when u begin to meditate on obscene images seen on t.v, sincerly t.v is doing more harm than good and we all know that, 80% of d programs shown on t.v are nt to be viewed by a christian who has to resist the devil. I guess thats why the man of God condemns d t.v.. And the church uses projector to view the pastors message and nt t.v where one can easily switch to a station where ponography is their watch word..GOD BLESS U.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 06, 2012
haibe:
Not that t.v is bad but there are some programs shown in it that can harm the state of a christian, two ways which ur heart can be contaminated with evil is ur eyes and ur ears and dats why u av to be careful wit what u watch and hear because if they are evil thats what satan wil use to tempt u to sin and u know what that means when u begin to meditate on obscene images seen on t.v, sincerly t.v is doing more harm than good and we all know that, 80% of d programs shown on t.v are nt to be viewed by a christian who has to resist the devil. I guess thats why the man of God condemns d t.v.. And the church uses projector to view the pastors message and nt t.v where one can easily switch to a station where ponography is their watch word..GOD BLESS U.
I know the evil of TV. But, you seem to either not understand my point or trying hard to dodge it.
I was a deeper life corper (nysc) and stayed in their lodge. There was tv at the secretariat with sattelite service.
Hold on , do you know the secretariat had internet subscription? That meant the worker's had unfettered access to the internet where we have far more temptation's than the devil box(tv).
My concern is this do you agree that in the nineties deeperlife considered it a sin to own a television?
Why has the DLBC backed out of that propaganda and seemingly embracing what it hitherto campaigned against?
Does it mean that the definition of sin in the nineties was different than what it is now?
Why is it so difficult for you to agree that Deeperlife made an error of judgement in condemning the TV?
Is the DLBC impeccable?
Do you believe that DLBC is at now in the danger of dwelling on work's whilst fronting holiness?
Kindly read some of the posts of deeperlifer's on here, it reek's of the highest level of self agradizement and a seeming indoctrination that no other person is a candidate of heaven.
DLBC need's a serious rejuvenation so they can realise that much of their holiness doctrine is being hijacked by the devil to turn their youth's into a group of work's driven christian's.
Does deeperlife even realise that where sin aboundeth there also grace much abound.
This are salient truth's that I believe only the spiritualy enlightened among you will be able to handle.
But then, we have it on record that the DLBC rescinded it's stand on tv which prove's a point,
nobody is impeccable.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by emmalinks: 2:54pm On Jul 16, 2012
Greetings to All,

It is glaring that TV is not bad as a box but some programs are actually bad. You will agree with me that TV promote immorality, virtually every home video we watch today only promote immorality.
If only we can be sincere to ourselves, If we have heaven to go, we MUST do away with those things. Take note, your believe cannot change the world of God.
Deeperlife is the best place to worship as youth because it will give you a better future and makes you a responsible and fulfilled man or woman.
What you see deeperlife use today is a monitor that has no station and satellite that can only show the word that can change your life.

What you keep seeing and hearing everyday will definately affect your life either positively or negatively.

Be careful.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by lilcutie8916(m): 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2012
Tioluwa: The reasons why a lot of youth run away from Deeper Life Bible Church are as follows;

1.If you happen to have Deeper life as your family church,and your parents happens to be the type that imposes decision or rules on you as such, they don't allow you get the conviction as a person why you shouldn't do certain things as stated by the church, a little escape you get from the grip of your parent either by going to school or elsewhere and you begin to mingle with other youth,you will want to live the church immediately.

2.Most Deeper Life youth are not sociable as such,they don't mingling with other youths and this can be trace to lack of self confidence on the part of some of them and this does not encourage other youths t

3.They also fail to put into congnisance the perculiar,unique and natural nature of every youth for example, the craving for opposite sex attraction, adolescent trait and character, personality make up and identity, peer group pressure, social status, biological formation, quest for independence and juveline delinquency all this and many more are the factors affecting growth and development depending on how well handled.

For a youth to enjoy an environment like the church, the church needs to understand this perculiar traits of the youth and make room for them to be helped to manage this factor positively. When once the church gets to the realisation of this basic fact, it will be very easy for any youth to belong to the church.In summary, deeper life youths are being indoctrinated and this repels them. sad sad sad sad

Notwithstanding all this, the good Deeperlife has done to some of the youth who overlook all these are far more greater than the harm because,human relation can be learnt and builded through reading and exposure while all this other areas can be worked upon as one comes to realises these flaws.

Finally, I am glad I was brought up in this DeeperLife and it has contributed immersely to what I am today and I will ever live to be greatful to God for that . smiley smiley smiley smiley

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 3:18am On Jul 17, 2012
emmalinks: Greetings to All,

It is glaring that TV is not bad as a box but some programs are actually bad. You will agree with me that TV promote immorality, virtually every home video we watch today only promote immorality.
If only we can be sincere to ourselves, If we have heaven to go, we MUST do away with those things. Take note, your believe cannot change the world of God.
Deeperlife is the best place to worship as youth because it will give you a better future and makes you a responsible and fulfilled man or woman.
What you see deeperlife use today is a monitor that has no station and satellite that can only show the word that can change your life.

What you keep seeing and hearing everyday will definately affect your life either positively or negatively.

Be careful.
Exactly my thought's. Your post convey's the point I was trying to make about deeper lifer's . A deep sitted arrogance and a shallow understanding of christian principle's. Otherwise how can you say that deeper life is the best way to worship?
Obviously you were born into this church and you have yet to attend any other denomination but then, you seemingly make a blanket statement.
Deeper lifer's would rather have the church leadership feed them on every aspect of the bible. This make's it diffficult to grow because you will not allow the holy spirit to minister to you but your pastor.
By the way, the bible say's the only spirit is what will teach us ALL THING's and not the bible.
Please reflect on this.
Is it true that a lady can walk up to her pastor and tell him she believe's God want's her to marry a brother. I mean is it allowed that a lady propose (albeit indirectly ) to a brother in deeper life ?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by emmalinks: 4:02pm On Jul 17, 2012
I appreciate your response. To start with, I grew up in Deeperlife bible church and I have also visited many churches and came to a logical conclusion. I am still a youth that is why I can still for on the behave of the youth. God has raise up Deeperlife to build up godly youth for the future generation if Christ tarries. The reasons people are giving is just physical things; dont wear jweries, dont wear trousers as females, what again, tell me. All these are temporary things. what about feeding the soul. Have you ever thought of where you will spend Eternity. If Deeperlife can successfully prepare and qualify you for heaven, what other benefits are you looking for.

In some places of worship, youths get sexually arouse even in the Church in the name of dancing and worshiping God. Is that right?

You said that the Holy Spirit should teach us directly not church leaders if I get you well. In Acts 14:11, Berea believers will go to church and be taught by the pastors, when they also get back home, They study the scripture also. So, the Spirit will minister to us through our pastor. let me ask you this question, why cant to just sit for WAEC and pass without going to secondary school?

You also said that the Holy spirit will teach us not the bible? John 1:1-18, Jesus is the Word (Bible) we read, the Holy Spirit explain it to us better. So, we dont neglect our pastor, God has given us a Pastor that will not mislead us.

Last part of your question is on marriage, understand that God has created you into this world and He made us to understand that it is not good for a man to be alone. We need to go back to Him(God) to a life partner not to do shadding things behind the coutin. After you have prayed and pray through, you need to go through a process that the church has laid down to help us as a you boy or girl so that we can have a successful marriage. God is interested in family. If a family is not build on the Lord through a right process, there might be problem.
God bless you and grant you understanding.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2012
emmalinks: I appreciate your response. To start with, I grew up in Deeperlife bible church and I have also visited many churches and came to a logical conclusion. I am still a youth that is why I can still for on the behave of the youth. God has raise up Deeperlife to build up godly youth for the future generation if Christ tarries. The reasons people are giving is just physical things; dont wear jweries, dont wear trousers as females, what again, tell me. All these are temporary things. what about feeding the soul. Have you ever thought of where you will spend Eternity. If Deeperlife can successfully prepare and qualify you for heaven, what other benefits are you looking for.

In some places of worship, youths get sexually arouse even in the Church in the name of dancing and worshiping God. Is that right?

You said that the Holy Spirit should teach us directly not church leaders if I get you well. In Acts 14:11, Berea believers will go to church and be taught by the pastors, when they also get back home, They study the scripture also. So, the Spirit will minister to us through our pastor. let me ask you this question, why cant to just sit for WAEC and pass without going to secondary school?

You also said that the Holy spirit will teach us not the bible? John 1:1-18, Jesus is the Word (Bible) we read, the Holy Spirit explain it to us better. So, we dont neglect our pastor, God has given us a Pastor that will not mislead us.

Last part of your question is on marriage, understand that God has created you into this world and He made us to understand that it is not good for a man to be alone. We need to go back to Him(God) to a life partner not to do shadding things behind the coutin. After you have prayed and pray through, you need to go through a process that the church has laid down to help us as a you boy or girl so that we can have a successful marriage. God is interested in family. If a family is not build on the Lord through a right process, there might be problem.
God bless you and grant you understanding.
Thank you for your time but, does the deeper life approve of women proposing to men through their pastor's ?
If this is true how do you feel about this ?
PS: note that I have been in the deeperlife too. I was a corper with deeperlife and stayed in their lodge for month's.
Amidst people who have been deeperlifer's from birth, I feel one of the mistake's you guy's make is believing you are the only candidate's for heaven.
Re-read your post again it reek's of this self agradizement but remember the bible say's by strength shall no man prevail.
How can you tell me not to own a TV and go ahead to discipline erring member's only to mount that same devil's box and internet in your office year's later.
I'm quite surprised you don't see anything wrong in this act of double standard's.
Who gave the command of no TV in the first place? Wasit God or man! And who said it was ok to own it now?
Does it mean a sin in the 1990's is no longer a sin now ?
I believe you understand my drift. It is pretty obvious some church doctrine's are a product of personal prejudice hence, them not being able to stand the test of time.
And by the way, deeperlifer's too are human's and I hope you know your pastors too are human's cos occasionally we have a few being disciplined for sin's like adultery and fornication just like in other denomination's .
I hope you realise that this only point's to the fact that we are all sojourner's and no body is assured of heaven onthe basis of their christian denomination or affiliation.
That is the point some of you deeperlifer's are missing. Your journey to heaven will not depend on how many easter retreat's you attend but on your relationship with God. And please stop calling every other denomination sinful.
One quick poser for you, I know deeperlifer's don't use relaxer's for their hair but why do they use soap's at all. Are they both not chemically induced product's by the sinful west ?
Why don't they just make do with showering with water? And if you think a necklace is wrong why bother use a wedding ring ?
Are they both not two of a kind ? The wedding ring is an accesory like the necklace so why the differential treatment.
In conclusion bro, please emancipate yourself wisdom is profitable for service and your brain is there for a reason otherwise may be your pastor would have been the only person with a brain so he can tell you what to wear or not to wear.
I hope you understand and God bless you too.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by ijawkid(m): 6:58pm On Jul 17, 2012
Guitarlife: Greetings to every body,
Thank's.

If they had that mentality in d past and now they'v moved on then its a good thing.....

It shows they are making adjustments which is good.....

If after much deliberation its found that modesty and good choice of wholesome programmes is what we shuld get from TV then its welcome.....

Good improvement....
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 18, 2012
@Guitarlife, I'm sorry but u sound like a demon on mission, defending same points over and over again.

In the 90's they ban the TV set, now they accept it to 'propagate the gospel', isn't that good enough? A friend of mine will say; Jesus will sure use a jet in this dispensation and not a Donkey. I still don't know what your point is; you keep shouting 'double standards', let me explain, in the 90s, they preach against u having it in ur house and according to you, they have it in public place where the programmes viewed can be controlled. So what is your point exactly?

Again you said its wrong for women to propose to me? Are u for real? In this dispensation and age? Hmmmmm. Nevertheless on what premise lies ur argument?

Whatever reason that made you serve with them was defeated, you apparently learn nothing, whether it be right or wrong but eleven months in a path you now reject is ...

Judging from the thread and the thread alone, people go to DLBC to get the Holy Spirit but its yours to determine which spirit you got from spending eleven months with them. I really don't envy you!
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2012
iv4fb: @Guitarlife, I'm sorry but u sound like a demon on mission, defending same points over and over again.

In the 90's they ban the TV set, now they accept it to 'propagate the gospel', isn't that good enough? A friend of mine will say; Jesus will sure use a jet in this dispensation and not a Donkey. I still don't know what your point is; you keep shouting 'double standards', let me explain, in the 90s, they preach against u having it in ur house and according to you, they have it in public place where the programmes viewed can be controlled. So what is your point exactly?

Again you said its wrong for women to propose to me? Are u for real? In this dispensation and age? Hmmmmm. Nevertheless on what premise lies ur argument?

Whatever reason that made you serve with them was defeated, you apparently learn nothing, whether it be right or wrong but eleven months in a path you now reject is ...

Judging from the thread and the thread alone, people go to DLBC to get the Holy Spirit but its yours to determine which spirit you got from spending eleven months with them. I really don't envy you!
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2012
iv4fb: @Guitarlife, I'm sorry but u sound like a demon on mission, defending same points over and over again.

Hey man! Cool down why are you all worked up? I keep asking that question again because I have yet to get a satisfactory answer.
The truth is this , an error of judgement was once made regarding the TV and the lesson is that the DLBC are also human's who can also make mistake's.
Do you think the television programme's in the 1990's was evil ? How do you describe the one's we have now? And it's ok to own a TV now right?
The emphasis should rather have been placed on teaching member's to view only edifying programme's and not banning The TV outrightly and tagging it the devil's box.
And I find it rather amusing that you think it's right for a woman to propose to a man. Can you proudly tell the world or your family that your wife was the person that proposed to you.
What happened to he who find's a wife finding a good thing ?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2012
And by the way, you sound like you have been brought up to sound.
To blindly oppose anybody who seek to correct you or point out any anomalies or incoherencies in your doctrine's. In case you didn't know doctrine's are mere man made rule's. So you will be liable if you fail to weigh up all teaching's.
I know DLBC don't play the guitar but was it not the same harp (stringed instrument) that david praised God with ?
Oops I forgot, it's a crime to ask question's.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:41pm On Jul 18, 2012
Guitarlife:

And by the way, you sound like you have been brought up to sound.
To blindly oppose anybody who seek to correct you or point out any anomalies or incoherencies in your doctrine's. In case you didn't know doctrine's are mere man made rule's. So you will be liable if you fail to weigh up all teaching's.
I know DLBC don't play the guitar but was it not the same harp (stringed instrument) that david praised God with ?
Oops I forgot, it's a crime to ask question's.

Get an afterlife!
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by emmalinks: 4:48pm On Jul 18, 2012
Dont misquote me my brother, It is not going to Deeperlife that will take you to heaven, take note. It is only those that do the will of God.

You cannt change your natural hair as a woman because it is wrong. using ordinary soap for bathing is a different thing. you also use soap to bath. ordinary soap is different from relaxing soap.

Take note, we dont make use of wedding ring at all, couples are joined with the bible.

I never told you that TV is now accepted, what was condemned in the 90's is also condemn now. I told you that it is not the box but the program there.

Take note, internet is not TV, you visit the exact website you you wish. if you now visit wrong site, you are looking for trouble.

Any where you are, once you obey the scripture and do the will of God, you will make it because that is the qualification.

Lastly, the bible says "Let him that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity"

Thanks and God bless
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
emmalinks: Dont misquote me my brother, It is not going to Deeperlife that will take you to heaven, take note. It is only those that do the will of God.

You cannt change your natural hair as a woman because it is wrong. using ordinary soap for bathing is a different thing. you also use soap to bath. ordinary soap is different from relaxing soap.

Take note, we dont make use of wedding ring at all, couples are joined with the bible.

I never told you that TV is now accepted, what was condemned in the 90's is also condemn now. I told you that it is not the box but the program there.

Take note, internet is not TV, you visit the exact website you you wish. if you now visit wrong site, you are looking for trouble.

Any where you are, once you obey the scripture and do the will of God, you will make it because that is the qualification.

Lastly, the bible says "Let him that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity"

Thanks and God bless
Ok you get my drift .
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 19, 2012
Guitarlife,

Unfortunately, you're the one who's getting worked up because you feel lots of people appreciates the truth and you don't. If only you speak with an unbiased mind, you sure would have seen the truth.
For the last time let me try to put things straight to u, in late 80s and early 90s, they ban it probably coz of over zealousness or coz they believe it is difficult to control what comes out of it. Now they know better. Again if they ban it for non-genuine reason and now found out its cool to have one and they bend their laws, what's that to you?

If you still feel its wrong for a lady to ask a guy out-its your opinion and you have right to it. I put a call through to one of them pastors, he said and I quote "a lady meets the pastor to say she feel God wants her to marry this person, the pastor meets the person and ask for his opinion, if he think so too, he go and ask the girl out". Although this doesn't make much sense to me but prove to me that's wrong? I'm tempted to ask your age for your interpretation of "he who finds a wife findeth a good thing.." Is flawed, whether the girl comes to look for you or you went to look for her, the logic is you find ur wife, you probably could find something that comes your way (u may not understand my statement though) in most part of India, the girls parents finds the husband and pay the dowry, organize the wedding and fund it-is that a sin?

As for guitars, its my choice to use or not to use, there's nothing wrong or right about it. Maybe you can choose to dance naked like david if that's what you think is right but you'll agree with me that its not wrong either.

On a final note, whether they be overzealous or double standard, its not yours to judge. Fear God and keep his commandments for from the way you speak, the frivolities of this world blinds ur judgment. Please do not allow the devil use you, I've almost never heard top management of deeperlife condemn other denomination (I'm not sure though)

After all they offer you a place to serve, why didn't you put your questions to the pastors there and probably argue it out with them? If you're not satisfy with their answers, they'll probably provide you with more explanations.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 19, 2012
iv4fb: Guitarlife,

Unfortunately, you're the one who's getting worked up because you feel lots of people appreciates the truth and you don't. If only you speak with an unbiased mind, you sure would have seen the truth.
For the last time let me try to put things straight to u, in late 80s and early 90s, they ban it probably coz of over zealousness or coz they believe it is difficult to control what comes out of it. Now they know better. Again if they ban it for non-genuine reason and now found out its cool to have one and they bend their laws, what's that to you?

If you still feel its wrong for a lady to ask a guy out-its your opinion and you have right to it. I put a call through to one of them pastors, he said and I quote "a lady meets the pastor to say she feel God wants her to marry this person, the pastor meets the person and ask for his opinion, if he think so too, he go and ask the girl out". Although this doesn't make much sense to me but prove to me that's wrong? I'm tempted to ask your age for your interpretation of "he who finds a wife findeth a good thing.." Is flawed, whether the girl comes to look for you or you went to look for her, the logic is you find ur wife, you probably could find something that comes your way (u may not understand my statement though) in most part of India, the girls parents finds the husband and pay the dowry, organize the wedding and fund it-is that a sin?

As for guitars, its my choice to use or not to use, there's nothing wrong or right about it. Maybe you can choose to dance naked like david if that's what you think is right but you'll agree with me that its not wrong either.

On a final note, whether they be overzealous or double standard, its not yours to judge. Fear God and keep his commandments for from the way you speak, the frivolities of this world blinds ur judgment. Please do not allow the devil use you, I've almost never heard top management of deeperlife condemn other denomination (I'm not sure though)

After all they offer you a place to serve, why didn't you put your questions to the pastors there and probably argue it out with them? If you're not satisfy with their answers, they'll probably provide you with more explanations.
Now this is how to put a point across. I don't have anything against DLBC infact I joined them as a NYSC Corper cos I was sure they'd help me cope with dealing with the infidelity rampant among corper's and boy, did they help me ? You bet. I only wanted to point out that something's that you said are not sinful are actually not.
You see, the average deeperlifer does not know this. If you think I am bluffing try and ask some of them . I only wanted to point something out cos the tone around around this particular thread you will agree with me is that of it being difficult to get to heaven if you are not a deeperlifer. I am grate ful for your time and God bless you too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.