Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (202439 Views)

I Need Deeper Life Bible -gospel Hymns CD / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 19, 2012
Guitarlife,

Again ur logic and points are flawed, the OP is wondering why youths run from deeperlife, he's not interested in the sin or no sin business which you pick.

My brother, whether you watch TV or not can not determine your life with God. Whether a girl ask a guy out doesn't either.

If they choose to bend their laws coz of tv, its not right or wrong (from my own views); the tone of the thread may have changed but asking same questions and defending same points a thousand times makes no difference.

Someone disallow the use of tv coz he felt it could lead to sin and later allow it-you decide if you want it to make u sin or not. Please what's wrong in this? If one believes the tv will lead to sin and another believe I can control what I watch without sin, what is that to u? Mind you none of them is right or wrong-no basis for judgment.

I think I know where you miss it but everybody try to make u see the point, yet you're blinded (sorry to say) to understanding but get it. Deeperlife used to ban the tv coz they felt it could lead to sin, now they believe with advance technology it has more advantage than the 'sin business' and you can control what u watch easily so the bend their laws, what then are u arguing about? If others still feel it could lead to sin-is it wrong?

This is the last time I'll try to explain anything to you; believe what you choose to believe, fear God and keep His commandments.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 2:21am On Jul 20, 2012
iv4fb: Guitarlife,

Again ur logic and points are flawed, the OP is wondering why youths run from deeperlife, he's not interested in the sin or no sin business which you pick.

My brother, whether you watch TV or not can not determine your life with God. Whether a girl ask a guy out doesn't either.

If they choose to bend their laws coz of tv, its not right or wrong (from my own views); the tone of the thread may have changed but asking same questions and defending same points a thousand times makes no difference.

Someone disallow the use of tv coz he felt it could lead to sin and later allow it-you decide if you want it to make u sin or not. Please what's wrong in this? If one believes the tv will lead to sin and another believe I can control what I watch without sin, what is that to u? Mind you none of them is right or wrong-no basis for judgment.

I think I know where you miss it but everybody try to make u see the point, yet you're blinded (sorry to say) to understanding but get it. Deeperlife used to ban the tv coz they felt it could lead to sin, now they believe with advance technology it has more advantage than the 'sin business' and you can control what u watch easily so the bend their laws, what then are u arguing about? If others still feel it could lead to sin-is it wrong?

This is the last time I'll try to explain anything to you; believe what you choose to believe, fear God and keep His commandments.
Hey man, did you read my last post at all ? I bet you didn't. I have already made truce and you are here still throwing punches ?
Ok, I agree that DLBC has never made a doctrinal mistake and all there law's (do we still need this word by the way ? I thought we were under grace ?) and decision's have been impeccable so far.
Are you happy now ? I just hope you realise that the top echelon are human's too and not angel's and if they are human's like yourself then, we can ask any question and for how much we want.
Why do you feel the need to brand me a devil because I asked a question. Even if I asked a million time's I reserve a right to keep asking agian as long as you keep rationalising and have eyet to hit the nail on thje head.
Isn't it just a simple question afterall ? Why are you all worked up cos I am saying the truth ir what have I typed up there that sound's like a lie ?
I understand how strange it is to you as a deeperlifer to ask question's but then it is not a sin to ask question's. You can confirm this from you pastor too. I only hope he wont add an unsolicited addedum which might totally negate the whole purpose for asking the question which by the way is to get a sincere opinion about the question you are wont to ask.
You might just get a response like this : hey bro X, it is not a sin to ask question's infact the bible encourage's us to seek for the truth and defend the faith that was delivered to the saint's but YOU HAVE TO AVOID ARGUING WITH FOOLS WHO WILL ONLY TURN YOUR HEART FROM THE PATH OF RIGHTEOUSNESS AND MAKE YOU TO REVOLT AGAINST CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY.
What do you think the second part of the response has done the first part ? But please don't quote me o.
In conclusion bro, I am not against deeprlife o infact, I plan to go back there to pick my wife when I am ready to do that so you see I don't beef them. I just asked this question's for clarification cos it had always disturbed me but then, you lot still bungled the opportunity to set the record's straight.
Calling a devil in the process. Ok o It is well if this is how you denigrate anybody seeking to establish your doctrine's then it shows just how shallow most members are.
I'd have espected you to have given me salient points about why the issue i raised were but you resorted to meaning less mudslinging . So much for millions of costs accruing from investments in satellite transmission.
You got to make that count bro. And you can start bu dealing with your temper and learning to alway's use the following words.
GOD BLESS YOU. After your posts.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 20, 2012
Guitarlife,

Please do you understand english?
What gave u the impression I'm one of them? I'm only trying to make you understand that some things in life are more important than others.

I still don't understand what you mean by "doctrinal mistakes" be realistic friend, from your replies, I think you know nothing about doctrines, so if a church believe in 'x' number of doctrines, does it mean there could be no sin outside the 'x'? Or is the 'x' encompassing. Face it you had a problem with tv-probably during ur entire nysc life someone ban you from it, move on dude

Even if they make mistakes abt the 'tv business', it might not be a sin and if it is-its not urs to judge, you even sound weird. I read your posts (read it again and see if you raise anything different from your earlier assertions); I guess you enjoy going in circles which I don't.

About grace, shall we continue in sin because grace abound?

Continue with ur questions bro-goodluck for it seems I'm the only person who have your time, everyone else left you to your circles
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 20, 2012

Please do you understand english?
What gave u the impression I'm one of them? I'm only trying to make you understand that some things in life are more important than others.

I still don't understand what you mean by "doctrinal mistakes" be realistic friend, from your replies, I think you know nothing about doctrines, so if a church believe in 'x' number of doctrines, does it mean there could be no sin outside the 'x'? Or is the 'x' encompassing. Face it you had a problem with tv-probably during ur entire nysc life someone ban you from it, move on dude

Even if they make mistakes abt the 'tv business', it might not be a sin and if it is-its not urs to judge, you even sound weird. I read your posts (read it again and see if you raise anything different from your earlier assertions); I guess you enjoy going in circles which I don't.

About grace, shall we continue in sin because grace abound?

Continue with ur questions bro-goodluck for it seems I'm the only person who have your time, everyone else left you to your circles
aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh ! Why are yee soooo stiff necked oh yeee son of adam. How hard can typing the words 'God Bless You' get after your posts huh ?
Please do not feel embarassed that you just learnt something from a 'sinner' like my self.
And for the upteenth time, I never said it was a sin for them to initially ban and later unban the TV.
Despite the fact that that action made sin look quite relative when viewed aginst time, I only POSTULATED that it was a mistake and I wanted Deeperlifers to clear the air.
Don't I have a right to be corrected in a civil manner rather than being taked to the cleaners ?
You should have noticed that I have bacl peddaled on some of my assertions seing how some better informed and non condemning deeperlifers have taken ther time to correct me.
But then, how could you have noticed when you are driven by a drunken passion to immediately quarantine me cos to you, I am a raving 'demon' out on a mission.
How do you even feel so calm using that word on a human like yourself. Seems like my own reservations about the DLBC are not as condescending as your unprovoked outburst.
I bet you think you are doing the lord a favour right ? I wonder if he actually needs it though.
In conclusion, and please read and re - read this part cos its obvious you've got a challenge with comprehension. I never condemned the DLBC for banning and then later ubanning the TV. I only saw it as a mistake and asked for deeperlifers opinion which some have duely obliged me.
I do not need to raise any other question because I am not looking to condemn a church but clarify a misconception so I bet you have been so disappointed since I didn't make any other accusation.
Please learn to use these word's still 'God Bless You' . Otls just three words how hard can it get after typing so much and leaving so much venom in your trail. Its such a better thing to type than demons you know.
God bless you *winks*.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2012
@GUitarlife,

Dude, are you ok? are you really ok? you need someone to tell you God Bless you? so if somebody say that to you does that automatically translate to blessings? i dont give a damn about deeperlife and their folks, just that you argued so blindly and no wonder they all left you to yourself. my friend, only kids do the God bless you and God punish you business (i know some pastors do that-but it sure dont automatically bless you, again you can choose to believe what you believe.)
Grow up!
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 20, 2012
iv4fb: @GUitarlife,

Dude, are you ok? are you really ok? you need someone to tell you God Bless you? so if somebody say that to you does that automatically translate to blessings? i dont give a damn about deeperlife and their folks, just that you argued so blindly and no wonder they all left you to yourself. my friend, only kids do the God bless you and God punish you business (i know some pastors do that-but it sure dont automatically bless you, again you can choose to believe what you believe.)
Grow up!
hey man, it's called decorium you know. It's formalty I agree but then you can never go wrong with that.
Do have a great day. (right there you see what I'm talking about ? It just make's you come across like you are refined and you might not necessarily be though).
God bless you. *winks*
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 20, 2012
Mr decorum, maybe you need to know that its not everything that's about right and wrong, be yourself. I think you need help, if God don't help u, no one can.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 21, 2012
iv4fb: Mr decorum, maybe you need to know that its not everything that's about right and wrong, be yourself. I think you need help, if God don't help u, no one can.
ok. God bless you.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by sheridankay: 5:37am On Aug 21, 2012
love not the world neither the things that are in the world, if any man love the world, the love of the father is not in him. is it not better we do away with all this jewelries, attachments, trousers, the painting, the perming etc. than for us to find out in at the end that we can't get to heaven because them? if otherwise we will have nothing to loose but if God does not want it then we will lose heaven because of material things. PLS LET US ALL BE WISE. NOTHING IS TOO MUCH TO SACRIFICE TO MAKE HEAVEN.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by jaymichael(m): 8:03pm On Nov 27, 2012
Tioluwa: The reasons why a lot of youth run away from Deeper Life Bible Church are as follows;

1.If you happen to have Deeper life as your family church,and your parents happens to be the type that imposes decision or rules on you as such, they don't allow you get the conviction as a person why you shouldn't do certain things as stated by the church, a little escape you get from the grip of your parent either by going to school or elsewhere and you begin to mingle with other youth,you will want to live the church immediately.

2.Most Deeper Life youth are not sociable as such,they don't mingling with other youths and this can be trace to lack of self confidence on the part of some of them and this does not encourage other youths t

3.They also fail to put into congnisance the perculiar,unique and natural nature of every youth for example, the craving for opposite sex attraction, adolescent trait and character, personality make up and identity, peer group pressure, social status, biological formation, quest for independence and juveline delinquency all this and many more are the factors affecting growth and development depending on how well handled.

For a youth to enjoy an environment like the church, the church needs to understand this perculiar traits of the youth and make room for them to be helped to manage this factor positively. When once the church gets to the realisation of this basic fact, it will be very easy for any youth to belong to the church.In summary, deeper life youths are being indoctrinated and this repels them. sad sad sad sad

Notwithstanding all this, the good Deeperlife has done to some of the youth who overlook all these are far more greater than the harm because,human relation can be learnt and builded through reading and exposure while all this other areas can be worked upon as one comes to realises these flaws.

Finally, I am glad I was brought up in this DeeperLife and it has contributed immersely to what I am today and I will ever live to be greatful to God for that . smiley smiley smiley smiley

INDOCTRINATION? serving GOD is not like a buffet whereby you select the one you want and shun those that does not appeal to you. when GOD gives rules, he does not expect us to negotiate with him. he expects total compliance and obedience. Remember GOD is not a wicked GOD to give us rules that will kill us. it is only Satan that tempts us and makes us believe or think that GOD's rules are hard to keep or boring. He makes you believe that bending these rules to suit your own tastes is not sin. Though it may not be sin but it is unrighteous not to obey GOD's instructions according to how he stipulates them, and you know he says every unrighteousness is sin. no negotiation or compromise about that one. and sin leads to death and hell
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 17, 2012
Dondave11: Hello,

We are not to condemn any church or pastor.For while doing that, we are already commiting SIN.GOD commands to us says "DO NOT JUDGE SO THAT YOU WILL NOT BE JUDGE".Because that will stand against you from entering into the HEAVENLY CITY.

There is only ONE church , the body of Christ and you cannot condemn it.

Back to d main topic,Deeperlife is a church who practice God's standard.pardon me,am nt saying other churches re nt doing Dxame.For his commands to all men is that "BE YE HOLY FOR I AM HOLY".For God's words also says "WITHOUT HOLLINESS NO MAN SHALL SEE THE THE KINGDOM OF GOD"Morealso,his words commands us that "EXCEPT YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS EXCEEDS THAT OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES,YE SHALL NOT SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

The church of GOD practices God's standard. Deeperlife is not a church but a fellowship of believers in the real sense of the word, though you will find that the congregation is made up of both wheat and chaff.

So,my brethren in the LORD,i would like to ask you a question,WHAT DOES GOD MEANT BY USING THE WORD HOLLINESS?

Legalism is not holiness.

Holiness without love is DEAD. You can only be truly holy if you love God and your fellow MAN.

Does he mean copying the lifestyle of the world?
For God says "WE ARE NOT OF THE WORLD,BUT RATHER WE ARE AS LIGHT TO THE WORLD".IF u claim to be a child of God,then u must obey All the commandment of God.

We are now under the Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus , by this Spirit we are led to obey God, no more in the flesh but through the spirit.

"because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[a] free from the law of sin and death." - Romans 8:2

Ours is to obey and live in accordance to the word of God.
But today,we see people living and directing others to obey their words instead of doing what God instructs us to do.
Nowadays,it's so sad that people eludes themselves from the truth by running away from places where the truth is being preached, and going to places where what they delights on is being preached.

You do not go to PLACES to seek for the truth, you go to Jesus to seek the truth. If we humbly acknowledge our sinful nature and seek to know Jesus, we will find him, he is the way the TRUTH and the life.

The truth is not in a fellowship, the truth is in a Person and that Person is Christ Jesus. If you spend more time with him, pray often and fellowship with the brethren, then you will get to know him better.

Let me share you a brief story'maybe that might charge you to change your rugged way of dressing.
A woman who died,saw herself dressed in a white robe and walking toward the heavenly gate.As she was about to enter the gate,the Lord appeared and showed her a little spot of stain in her garment,and do u know the root of that spot? The ear ring that she normally use while she was in the world.

Do u knw that jux dat spot hindered her from gaining access into the heavenly gate.

Total nonsense.

No one will be disqualified from heaven because they wore an earring or bangle , this is just a false salvation by works. God looks into the heart not the outward appearance.

Of course dressing should be modest, but it is the spirit that leads us to be moderate in all that we do including the way we dress. The deeperlife practise were sisters perpetually wear the same type of headgear and dress , is to be quite frank cultish.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by tdiipo: 7:15pm On Dec 26, 2012
Its a shame many of u speak out ignorance. I am a working member (in the choir) of the church and many rules in the church ARE WRONG. Look, everyone is entitled to his opinion. It becomes wrong when u force your OPINION as a rule. Rationalise it as u want. It is wrong. So, many of Deeper Life rules are just fundamentally wrong as they were NOT NECCESSARILY RULES. As for what I'm about to say, please shut up if u r not an attentive member: even Pastor Kumuyi has noticed those rules r not needed. Just a week ago he said we should stop driving the youths in the church away because they are required to wear 'parachutes' and 'clownish costumes' for wedding ceremonies. He also said he once thought as a child. Deeper Life NEEDS A SERIOUS EVOLUTION or everyone will leave and why? Because everyone can clearly see there is that which the bible says(importatnt) and what churches make as rules to create and preserve an identity they crave(unimportant). Neither is wrong but we must avoid twisting the bible when backing up those institutionally specific rules. That is at least, almost an abuse of power. QED. God bless u all.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:06pm On Dec 27, 2012
tdiipo:

Its a shame many of u speak out ignorance. I am a working member (in the choir) of the church and many rules in the church ARE WRONG. Look, everyone is entitled to his opinion. It becomes wrong when u force your OPINION as a rule. Rationalise it as u want. It is wrong. So, many of Deeper Life rules are just fundamentally wrong as they were NOT NECCESSARILY RULES. As for what I'm about to say, please shut up if u r not an attentive member: even Pastor Kumuyi has noticed those rules r not needed. Just a week ago he said we should stop driving the youths in the church away because they are required to wear 'parachutes' and 'clownish costumes' for wedding ceremonies. He also said he once thought as a child. Deeper Life NEEDS A SERIOUS EVOLUTION or everyone will leave and why? Because everyone can clearly see there is that which the bible says(importatnt) and what churches make as rules to create and preserve an identity they crave(unimportant). Neither is wrong but we must avoid twisting the bible when backing up those institutionally specific rules. That is at least, almost an abuse of power. QED. God bless u all.

I wonder how people like these become workers in DL. When did the GS talk about wearing 'parachutes' and 'clownish costumes'? I heard what he said and he did not say what you are here claiming, if you agree with the code of conduct of the church you are perfectly allowed to leave as frosbel did, don't just come here and speak as an authority on things you are ignorant about.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I wonder how people like these become workers in DL. When did the GS talk about wearing 'parachutes' and 'clownish costumes'? I heard what he said and he did not say what you are here claiming, if you agree with the code of conduct of the church you are perfectly allowed to leave as frosbel did, don't just come here and speak as an authority on things you are ignorant about.

who do we follow Jesus or Deeperlife.

Are we bound by the code of conduct of the bible or of deeperlife.

Stop laying burdens on the shoulders of men.

""Yes," said Jesus, "what sorrow also awaits you experts in religious law! For you crush people with unbearable religious demands, and you never lift a finger to ease the burden." - Luke 11:46

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
frosbel:

who do we follow Jesus or Deeperlife.

Are we bound by the code of conduct of the bible or of deeperlife.

Stop laying burdens on the shoulders of men.

""Yes," said Jesus, "what sorrow also awaits you experts in religious law! For you crush people with unbearable religious demands, and you never lift a finger to ease the burden." - Luke 11:46

You are yet to answer my question: Are you a Christian, are you saved? Every responsible household of faith would have some sort of house rules, if you are a member or belong to a house hold of faith you are bound to abide by their house rules unless you don't belong there and if you don't have a place where you fellowship it most likely means that you are not a fellow sheep or that you are a stray sheep. undecided

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Joagbaje(m): 4:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I wonder how people like these become workers in DL. When did the GS talk about wearing 'parachutes' and 'clownish costumes'? I heard what he said and he did not say what you are here claiming,

May we know what the GS said?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:30pm On Dec 27, 2012
Joagbaje:

May we know what the GS said?

Why do you want to know, are you interested in becoming a member of the household?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Joagbaje(m): 7:34am On Dec 28, 2012
Why hiding it brother ? I thought you like to expose things grin.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by snowbaby(f): 3:21am On Jan 03, 2013
I am a deeper lifer from childhood,I can tell u dt d youth r leaving d church in drones because d members focusses their attention on things dt r less important(outward) than d most important things (inward),n some of d rules r unrealistic wc I ll list later,so far u follow some laid down rules of d church they assume u r born again(cos D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥y believed if u r not saved u can follow those rigid rules) witout tryn to know ur real state of inner man, allow me to say this if u can follow these rules it makes ur living a christain life easy cos they r meant to guide u so as not base ur living on vanity, buh these rules should not be called SIN just let d ppl know dt dese r to guide them in dere christain journey, buh believe it or not †ђξ un diluted word of God is being preached there, so anytime I go to worship there I just listen to d word of God frm d pastors and leave d hypocrites members wit d exception of few good ones out of ma affairs dt way I ve lesser problem,lemme say dis I don't wear their puff puff dresses,I wear wat cover ma unclothedness in a decent way(be it native or english dress) and nobody has ever sent me out of church so I believe if u r moderate wit ur way of life u won't ve problem attending d church(bearing in mind u r not too close to those hypocrite members). Believe me if u grow up in dt church whether u r born again or not dose doctrines ll shape ur life in such a way dt wen u want to do some things dt r not right ur conscience ll prick u,and right now am no longer a full member buh still attend d monday bible study cos dose msgs r Gold mine

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by snowbaby(f): 4:04am On Jan 03, 2013
Has I ve said earlier †ђξ rules r to help u in ur christain journey if u can put it in place buh they shud not be called sins
1. Not wearing of lace, glittering cloth, reasons given, lace has holes(can't it be lined as dey do dose stuff materials dey wear),dose glittering materials distract members
2. Not wearing of hats (can remember mum almost slapping me wen I was younger that don't I know better than to wear a hat to church in deeper life)
3. Marrying frm anoda denomination (as if only deeper life members r bornagain christains)
4. wearing of white wedding gown ( don't want member to be extravagant in dere dressing,want modesty for them)
5. Back in dose days wearing of jeans is prohibited among male(becos it ll make u look like ppl of d world) dose aint serious anymore
6.Back in dose days removing any gold materials frm ur bags, shoes cover,recommending wearing of leather wrist watch n not gold chain wristwatch(cos gold is only meant to decorate d house of God) well no one is listening to dt again
7. Wearing of suits by d female workers cos suit is a men cloth (deut 22:5) by our pastos wife den, don't think anyone is listening to dt
8. Buying aso ebi is a sin( cos it means u r worldly,remeber love not d world and d things of d world)
9. Drumming in d church (most churches dt drum r not wordly, n d house of God has to be solemn)

If u do dem u ll be look down by dose members dt u ll not known wen u ll stop doing dem cos of fear of acceptance
If u can look beyound all dis den deeper life is d place to be
As a Christian u ve to deny urself of some of dese things not because they r sin buh to differentiate urself frm d world as a changed person so dt wen u preach to others they ll known dt truly u ve conquer d flesh buh it shud be as d spirit leads n not wat is enforced by d church dt most youth can't just understand cos dese things r labelled sin, it is evn d sisters youth dt leave enmass
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Joy105(f): 7:34am On Feb 19, 2013
please i need people who attend deeper life as friends need to discuss some things with them. am also a deeper lifer
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:43pm On Feb 19, 2013
Joy105:

please i need people who attend deeper life as friends need to discuss some things with them. am also a deeper lifer

Meet us on this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/319135/daily-manna-responsible-stewardship
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 19, 2013
be careful of cults !
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by bukatyne(f): 9:13pm On Feb 19, 2013
snowbaby: Has I ve said earlier †ђξ rules r to help u in ur christain journey if u can put it in place buh they shud not be called sins
1. Not wearing of lace, glittering cloth, reasons given, lace has holes(can't it be lined as dey do dose stuff materials dey wear),dose glittering materials distract members
2. Not wearing of hats (can remember mum almost slapping me wen I was younger that don't I know better than to wear a hat to church in deeper life)
3. Marrying frm anoda denomination (as if only deeper life members r bornagain christains)
4. wearing of white wedding gown ( don't want member to be extravagant in dere dressing,want modesty for them)
5. Back in dose days wearing of jeans is prohibited among male(becos it ll make u look like ppl of d world) dose aint serious anymore
6.Back in dose days removing any gold materials frm ur bags, shoes cover,recommending wearing of leather wrist watch n not gold chain wristwatch(cos gold is only meant to decorate d house of God) well no one is listening to dt again
7. Wearing of suits by d female workers cos suit is a men cloth (deut 22:5) by our pastos wife den, don't think anyone is listening to dt
8. Buying aso ebi is a sin( cos it means u r worldly,remeber love not d world and d things of d world)
9. Drumming in d church (most churches dt drum r not wordly, n d house of God has to be solemn)

If u do dem u ll be look down by dose members dt u ll not known wen u ll stop doing dem cos of fear of acceptance
If u can look beyound all dis den deeper life is d place to be
As a Christian u ve to deny urself of some of dese things not because they r sin buh to differentiate urself frm d world as a changed person so dt wen u preach to others they ll known dt truly u ve conquer d flesh buh it shud be as d spirit leads n not wat is enforced by d church dt most youth can't just understand cos dese things r labelled sin, it is evn d sisters youth dt leave enmass
Evening Sis. In the Bible, do you really think there was any Physical distinguishing factor between Christ and the people of His time like clothes, Haircut etc etc? Do you know that despite the fact apostle paul said circumcision doesn't save, he still circumcised Timothy? He shaved his hair when he wanted to fast etc? Yes, as christians, we are called out of the world but do you know that the world referred to is not physical? Do you know that there is nothing like Christian dressing? Most witches in the village wore iro and buba. We are called to be different from within.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by AmeLonRo(m): 2:12pm On Mar 09, 2013
It may be true that some youths leave deeper life. But another greater truth is that they come back/return as the prodigal son and meet the preaching the same and this makes them to have more respect for deeper life, pastor Kumuyi and all the other leaders and workers.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by DanielWO(m): 11:11pm On Jun 12, 2013
Papa: Guys,
I've just had myself a hell of a laughter medicine reading your posts,

Let's be honest:

Man want's freedom.

Man wants to be accepted: We're all emotional beings and God created us to have feelings that want to be accepted. Youths want that and want it 100%

Youths want to be expressive. They love to express themselves, and God doesn't mind that AT ALL

Face it! Is it not liberating to know that you can live a better life while serving one and the same God. Why D'you think churches like Living Faith , are booming? Apart from the fact that the lives of these youths are being transformed
[color=#990000][/color] wink of cause you are 'Nike'
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by seunlayi(m): 5:41am On Jun 26, 2013

thank you
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:27pm On Jun 26, 2013
Y'all welcome to our mid year celebrations:

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by PaulAsher: 8:51am On Jun 29, 2013
MATT 7:13,14 "ENTER YE IN AT THE STRAIT GATE: FOR WIDE IS THE GATE, AND BROAD IS THE WAY THAT LEADETH TO DESTRUCTION, 'AND MANY' THERE BE WHICH GO IN THERE AT: BECAUSE STRAIT IS THE GATE, AND 'narrow' IS THE WAY, WHICH LEADETH UNTO LIFE, 'AND FEW' THERE BE THAT FIND IT". !
Its only simply clear that because the Narrow Way CANNOT accomodate so many things, many people have not been able to put up with it, REASON WHY THEY LEAVE. Check it out, those who leave, seeking for some sort of freedom, END UP IN THE WAYS OF THE WORLD....FORNICATION, ADULTERY, LYING, BRIBES, CORRUPTION, STEALING/THEFT, MASTURBATION, LESBIANISM/ HOMOSEXUALITY, SEXUAL PERVASIONS, BAD COMPANY......only to mention a few, WITHOUT A PRICK OF THEIR CONSCIENCE ANYMORE.... "BUT THE END SHALL TELL". "MARK THESE WORDS".
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 29, 2013
Paul Asher: MATT 7:13,14 "ENTER YE IN AT THE STRAIT GATE: FOR WIDE IS THE GATE, AND BROAD IS THE WAY THAT LEADETH TO DESTRUCTION, 'AND MANY' THERE BE WHICH GO IN THERE AT: BECAUSE STRAIT IS THE GATE, AND 'narrow' IS THE WAY, WHICH LEADETH UNTO LIFE, 'AND FEW' THERE BE THAT FIND IT". !
Its only simply clear that because the Narrow Way CANNOT accomodate so many things, many people have not been able to put up with it, REASON WHY THEY LEAVE. Check it out, those who leave, seeking for some sort of freedom, END UP IN THE WAYS OF THE WORLD....FORNICATION, ADULTERY, LYING, BRIBES, CORRUPTION, STEALING/THEFT, MASTURBATION, LESBIANISM/ HOMOSEXUALITY, SEXUAL PERVASIONS, BAD COMPANY......only to mention a few, WITHOUT A PRICK OF THEIR CONSCIENCE ANYMORE.... "BUT THE END SHALL TELL". "MARK THESE WORDS".

They leave because of the religious burdens you place on the people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.