Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (202455 Views)

I Need Deeper Life Bible -gospel Hymns CD / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 13, 2007
Veracious:

hear who is talking long hissssss. look, if you must know,i don;t pray to know someone like you who lives day after day without direction in life.you would definently be scrolled up if you judge people by their looks because as it is,i can convinientely pay your monthly wages without any qualmes.

dat your mouth wey you take dey talk, na rat go chop am off.
See who's talking of paying my monthly wages,well to let you know am not an employee like you, am an employer.
[i][/i]

Go lose your virginty girl, you are missing a lot
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Veracious(f): 12:10pm On Aug 13, 2007
and what gives you the impression am an employee.if its my age or looks then you are a big time loser.

you see how dumb you can be;all you think about always is me losing my Virginity.

i really feel sorry for you.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 13, 2007
Veracious:

and what gives you the impression am an employee.if its my age or looks then you are a big time loser.

you see how dumb you can be;all you think about always is me losing my Virginity.

so what do you do dear?
CEO corner stone insurance, Glo Mobile, Microsoft?

Well plantain sellers by the road side are also self-employed, so where do you belong?

dont mind me just that i cant just help it
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by mnwankwo(m): 2:13pm On Aug 13, 2007
The words we utter in this forum calmly shows our nature to any body who is alert. I wonder how the personal insults against each other is in accordance with the laws of God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 13, 2007
m_nwankwo:

The words we utter in this forum calmly shows our nature to any body who is alert. I wonder how the personal insults against each other is in accordance with the laws of God.

just trying to catch some fun, she's been very insultive because i didnt share same opinion with her.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by IDINRETE: 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2007
enitan2002:

that your mouth wey you take dey talk, na rat go chop am off.
See who's talking of paying my monthly wages,well to let you know am not an employee like you, am an employer.
[i][/i]

Go lose your virginty girl, you are missing a lot

Veracious:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Enitan and Vera
I would not be suprised if you guys eventually got married to each other you are both made from the same stock 
Please refrain from raining insults on each other abeg o
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Veracious(f): 3:46pm On Aug 13, 2007
@ m_nwankwo

i don't know what i did to enitan.he is always looking for any tread i post a reply to and when he comes there he would tell everybody on that tread am a virgin or plainly insult me for no just reasons.

@ IDINRETE

you know how it is with enitan.always wanting me to say something to him even when i try to avoid it.

@ enitan

pls leave me alone ah ah what?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by IDINRETE: 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2007
Enitan,
Vera had called the truce o, please accept her olive branch o

and lets move on with the post
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 13, 2007
well if one beats a child with the right hand, one must embrace him with the left hand.

Vera,
we are 4gether, it's just that whenever i'm on during my period, it seems i cant help it being hot towards people, just bear with me.My period have ceased some minutes ago
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 13, 2007
enitan2002:

well if one beats a child with the right hand, one must embrace him with the left hand.

Vera,
we are 4gether, it's just that [b]whenever i'm on during my period, it seems i can't help it being hot towards people, just bear with me.My period have ceased some minutes ago
[/b]

wonders shall never cease.
men now have period?
from where?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Veracious(f): 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2007
no comment :-x
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by IDINRETE: 9:06pm On Aug 13, 2007
enitan2002:

Vera,
we are 4gether, it's just that whenever i'm on during my period, it seems i can't help it being hot towards people, just bear with me.My period have ceased some minutes ago

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Enitan i have got stomach-ache. Men you are a CRAZY GUY   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by bwebe: 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2007
Greetings everyone,
I have followed the arguments on this forum closely and I now seek to pass my comment. May I make my intentions clear from the start; I seek not to continue on the forum but to just once and for all share my views, if haply one or two persons might appreciate them and benefit thereby.

It has never been the most profitable business in this world to find fault with our fellows. It is a trade which is generally followed by those who would excuse themselves from self-examination by turning their criticisms upon others. The beam in their own eye does not appear large enough while they can easily discover motes in other men's eyes; Ministers are the favorite prey of this vice, "Dinner is over. Bring the walnuts, and let us crack the reputations of a preacher or two”. It is a pious exercise for the Religious Sinners. Then tales begins to be told without number, and when the truth has been exhausted a few "inventions" here and there are exhibited. One saw a preacher do what was never done and another heard him say what was never said, and so the good people hallow their worldly tastes and preferences with pious gossip and sanctimonious slander. There is a very serious side to this when we remember the fate of those who love and make a lie and those who spread rumors; but just now I will not dwell upon that solemn topic, lest I should be accused of communicating in more senses than one. So far as I am personally concerned, if the habit we are speaking of were not a sin, I do not know whether I would care about it, for after having read criticisms and abuses labeled against Pr. Kumuyi, DLBC and the believers therein, no one is one jot the worse off in any respect; no bones are broken, our position is not injured, and our moderation shall still be made known unto all men because the Lord is at hand.

Shall we get some lessons from the past Ladies and Gentlemen; it has never occurred in the history of this planet for the utterances of those men whom God has commissioned to suit the tastes of all. He who seeks to please every ear in his message must be newly come into the ministry. For John came neither eating nor drinking, he was a Baptist and an abstainer. He was far from indulgence in luxury and nothing could be alleged of his habits, but they said “He hath a devil”. Jesus came eating and drinking, living like a man among men, having all the qualities they pretended to look for in the life of John. He also was labeled a drunken man, gluttony, a friend of publicans and sinners. Can this generation lack people to tread this path? Cephas was too blunt, Paul was too argumentative, Timothy was too young, James was too severe, and John was too gentle. “Nevertheless”, says Jesus, “Wisdom is justified of all her children”.

"Search the scriptures for in them ye think ye have eternal life and they are they that testify of me" (John 5:39). I was not born in DLBC but I got saved there, and though I ‘am a youth, through the Church’s emphasis on the above commandment, I have learnt to avoid Preachers, whose teachings claim more inspiration than that of the Holy Apostles by not warning their women (so called believers) against uncovering their heads during worship (contrary to 1 Corinthians 11:5, 6), putting on trousers (contrary to Deuteronomy 22:5), and dressing extravagantly and plaiting their hair (contrary to 1 Peter 3:3,4). Now Ladies and Gentlemen, can the Lord permit that which is worse than what He forbade our forefathers? (Genesis 3:7, 21) If we decide to go back Eden, who professes to believe, shall we say the blood has really accomplished anything in our lives? If you feel you should live the way you want, don’t you think you are contradicting 2 Corinthians 5:15? Remember “Forever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven” (Psalms 119:89). So though times may change, the word of God remains the same. If over seven hundred years before the incarnation of our Lord, God pronounced judgment upon the daughters of Zion because of the same things we see with women who profess to be believers today (Isaiah 3:16-24), shall we say He has now changed? Didn’t He say I ‘am the Lord, I change not? (Malachi 3:6). Let’s be realistic and call sin whatever the Bible calls sin, because the word of God shall surely remain the same to the Day of Judgment.

Now to my fellow youths, the lord’s coming is at hand, and at the time of His coming, there will be youths as well as adults on earth. God’s standard is the same for both youths and adults (BIBLE). Youthful lust was there even at the time of Timothy but Paul told him that if he wanted to be a child of God, he was to “flee also youthful lust” (1 Timothy 2:22). Those old people supporting you will have to stand for themselves and you will stand alone before that great, mighty and terrible God (Nehemiah 9:32). God loves you very much and indeed “God is love” (1 John 4:cool, but remember, He is also a consuming fire and a jealous God (Deuteronomy 4:24; Hebrews 12:29). Or do I now speak to threaten? Please, forbear! I simply plead with you reader, ESCAPE FOR YOUR LIFE.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by larynz: 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2007
pls,stop all these arguments.Instead, i have a good news for all in 1cor. 6:9 that says all sinners that has accepted christ are now declared righteous.i am happy to be free!

9. What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of YOU were. But YOU have been washed clean, but YOU have been sanctified, but YOU have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Backslider(m): 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2007
@Bwebe and Larynz

We are not Ignorant of the wiles of the devil.

Let us hold unto the faith that was once committed to us.

Be not like the Ichabod Church. Their glory is in their Substance.

There is a blessed and Triumphant Song Holiness for ever more. The battle is against holiness and Jesus will win the war in the end.

Shalom Brethren and please pray for me.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Veracious(f): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2007
youths who run away from Deeperlife are yet to be really bornagain or it could also be that the doctrines are far too much for them to comply with. and also they have not really made up their mind to serve God that way,because it takes the grace of God to serve God in Deeperlife.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by ricadelide(m): 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2007
@Veracious,
not to 'crucify' you, i see you've had a hard time on this thread, but your last post brings up lots of 'issues' that can't be allowed to slip by
Veracious:

youths who run away from Deeperlife are yet to be really bornagain
ehn ehn Vera don't even go there rara. When did remaining in Deeperlife become a criterion for being 'really born again'? Is it not about remaining in Christ? Or is it impossible to remain in Christ outside DL? If they run away to go to the world or into sinning then that statement is justifiable. But if they decide to go to another congregation whilst still remaining in the Lord have they stopped being bornagain? Or do you think it is impossible to be 'really bornagain' outside DL?

Veracious:

or it could also be that the doctrines are far too much for them to comply with.
closer to home. However, by your statement 'far too much' i guess you're referring to the 'extra requirements' for being a DL member rather than DL's basic teaching about salvation and all? If I'm correct then i don't really like that term 'doctrines' in this case; it gives the false impression that those extra requirements have a foundation in the Bible. Perhaps 'rules' would be a better term. Those rules are in the same bracket as the things the bible refers to as 'doctrines of men' (eg don't wear trousers, don't watch TV etc.) They are not biblical doctrines; in fact they go against the doctrine of Collosians chapter 2.

Veracious:

and also they have not really made up their mind to serve God that way,because it takes the grace of God to serve God in Deeperlife.
It takes the grace of GOd to serve Him anywhere you are; from the choir to the rehabilitation home for prostitutes. If you mean that it takes the grace of God to obey the lots of rules required for being a DLCF member, then we wont crucify you too much grin we'll just wonder if those rules serve any spiritual purpose warranting God's grace. Cheers smiley.

Now its not wrong for one to consecrate him/herself to doing or not doing something, however such personal issues between an individual and his God should not be made into requirements or rules for spirituality for all to follow - even those who aren't so convinced. I could expatiate on this last point if you so desire. Cheers.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2007
Backslider:

@Bwebe and Larynz

We are not Ignorant of the wiles of the devil.

Let us hold unto the faith that was once committed to us.

Be not like the Ichabod Church. Their glory is in their Substance.

There is a blessed and Triumphant Song Holiness for ever more. The battle is against holiness and Jesus will win the war in the end.

Shalom Brethren and please pray for me.

You're really great!! I've got to admit the fact that there are some of your posts that I read and I get blessed, You've got strong priniciples which aren't bad. But atimes I wouldn't know where to place you.

I pray the Lord give you the grace to firmly stand for Him till the end. Keep the Faith and don't be a "backslider"

It's well

All the best
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by feelgood(m): 5:54am On Sep 19, 2007
yes, Olowotee, I think backslider is usually misunderstood in his many posts which I read also.
@veracious
it may interest you to note that there are a great many churches - some are in Nigeria too - that dont support television. Pastor M Daoud, an American evangelist calls it the devil's box. He also does not listen to radio (dont know if he's still alive). Deeperlife doctrines are clear and bible based - perhaps u can point out the errors
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by ricadelide(m): 6:33am On Sep 19, 2007
@feelgood,
feelgood:

@veracious
it may interest you to note that there are a great many churches - some are in Nigeria too - that don't support television. Pastor M Daoud, an American evangelist calls it the devil's box. He also does not listen to radio (don't know if he's still alive).
i guess this was directed to me - since i mentioned television in my post. However, sincerely i don't understand your position. IMO, to put it breifly, the fact that many churches or preachers don't support it does not mean it is not right to watch it nor that it is taught in the bible to discountenance it. Perhaps i'm misunderstanding you in some way.

feelgood:

Deeperlife doctrines are clear and bible based - perhaps u can point out the errors
Actually i didn't say their doctrines aren't bible-based. that's why i distinguished between their 'extra requirements' and their basic teaching or doctrine. Here was my statement;
However, by your statement 'far too much' i guess you're referring to the 'extra requirements' for being a DL member rather than DL's basic teaching about salvation and all?
As far as the doctrines on their website goes, i agree that most are bible-based (i disagree with some - its hard for two people to agree 100% - i don't even agree 95% with my pastor smiley); however those 'extra requirements' i gave examples of aren't stipulated in the bible. There are many of them in fact, not just the ones i mentioned. Unfortunately they didn't list them on their website (at least, i didn't locate them) but i've read many of their magazines (eg the women's mag) and tracts and even fellowshipped there before to know those things.

Obviously i wont discourage anyone who's so convinced from fellowshipping in DL - i've done so and i was blessed when i did. However its good - if possible - for one to grow beyond the level of one's local church. I mean one can always feed beyond that which comes from the local church pulpit alone. That common wrong statement that: people who don't do certain things that one does are not really born again - especially things that can't really be justified in/by the bible (said by veracious) is what made me rouse from my silence. Cheers smiley.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by lafile(m): 9:57am On Sep 19, 2007
I think the problem in this regard stems from most of us not understanding the difference between what is wrong and what we dont like. Just because we dont like something doesnt make it wrong. Just because i dont like eating rice with soaked garri doesnt make it wrong. My friends like it. Just because we dont agree with somebody (or some pastor or some church) doesnt make them wrong. Ricadelide said, i also do not agree with my pastor 100%.

I agree with the basic doctrines stated in the website of Deeper life church, but i don't agree with most of the rules that accompany the application in the church. Does that render my 'Born-again' null and void? No. I am as born-again as any member of DLBC. I too have the gift of righteousness.

No wonder Paul said
"1 Cor12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will."

I like this statement by bwebe
For John came neither eating nor drinking, he was a Baptist and an abstainer. He was far from indulgence in luxury and nothing could be alleged of his habits, but they said “He hath a devil”. Jesus came eating and drinking, living like a man among men, having all the qualities they pretended to look for in the life of John. He also was labeled a drunken man, gluttony, a friend of publicans and sinners. Can this generation lack people to tread this path? Cephas was too blunt, Paul was too argumentative, Timothy was too young, James was too severe, and John was too gentle.

It just shows how diverse people can stem from the same Spirit of God.

So what am I saying? Just because someone decides to leave DLBC doesnt mean the person is any less a Christian than the one who stays. I cant be a member of DLBC because I feel restrained. Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty. But I dont feel I am more of a Christian than a member of DLBC.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by feelgood(m): 10:22am On Sep 19, 2007
Do pray veracious forgive me for the mix up. Your points are noted @ ricadelide. Quite a number of us, Deeperlife or not, do have personal convictions on the evil of tv, among others & I believe I'm a Xtian - & God would be displeased if I keep same in my house.
@topic
youths leave Deeperlife for varied reasons just as other youths come to Deeperlife for diverse reasons. Ephesians 4:1-7, 17-24; (also 25-32).
Let us all note Ephesians 5:1-17
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 19, 2007
@Ricadelide

I think there is difference between Bible Doctrine and Church Doctrine/Stand. The Deeper Life Church believes the Bible and teach its Doctrine undiluted, likewise some other Churches who believe in the 22 doctrines of the Bible. But I think where the problem of youth leaving the Church lies is when they are not ready to abide by the Stand of the Church on some Bible Doctrines.

It's true that it's not expected of any DL member to watch TV, perm the hair, have unnecessary make-up etc. These are the Stand of the Church and it's based on their Understanding of the Bible Doctrine.

All other Churches do have their Stand/Doctrine aside the Bible Doctrine and as long as you are a member of that Church, It is expected of you to follow suite and Obey your leader in the Lord. It is also expected of every Church to believe and Preach the whole Doctrine of the Bible, But Church Stand could diver tongue

Let's not take the Bible Doctrine for the Church and vice versa

Thanks!!
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 19, 2007
Veracious:

it takes the grace of God to serve God in Deeperlife.

It takes the grace of God to serve Him at all time and anywhere and not ONLY in Deeper Life, Sincere seekers of God would testify to this, that in these last days we are in it's not by might, nor by power but By His Grace and Mercycheesy
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by feelgood(m): 10:41am On Sep 19, 2007
@ricadelide
would you be kind enough to mention some of those unscriptural rules in Deeperlife so we can amend our ways & get back to godly paths.
As an aside, would it be ok for me to drink beer esp as the bible did not mention beer drinking? No offences meant pls
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by bluesky4(f): 10:46am On Sep 19, 2007
I know Deeper Life church does not believe in people having relaxed hair, wearing jewlery and women should not wear trousers.

Am I a sinner if i do these things?
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by feelgood(m): 11:16am On Sep 19, 2007
Thanks for ur clarifications on bible and church doctrines. Well put. But then, the foundation of church practise n rules should be the bible, wont you agree. Also if Xtians should blindly follow their leader without their own convictions, wouldnt that be hypocritical & dangerous?
Billy Graham would never ride in a car alone with a lady xcpt his wife - shd we condemn him for that & does it make him less a Xtian? esp as many see nothing
bad in it
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by feelgood(m): 11:41am On Sep 19, 2007
Dear blue sky, after reading ur post, I couldnt help but think of ladies who see nothing wrong in bikinis & skimpies in a public beach or pool - but then wouldnt wear the same to the office, market, malls, etc
Scriptures encourage decency & frown against worldliness. I've seen professing Xtians who use the items & those who dont in many countries. Wot are ur convictions based on ur understanding of the bible? U judge urself.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 19, 2007
feelgood:

But then, the foundation of church practise n rules should be the bible, wont you agree.

I quite agree  wink and that was why i wrote this:

It's true that it's not expected of any DL member to watch TV, perm the hair, have unnecessary make-up etc. These are the Stand of the Church and it's based on their Understanding of the Bible Doctrine.

The Church Doctrine is a subset of the Bible Doctrine.

And for this!
feelgood:

Also if Xtians should blindly follow their leader without their own convictions, wouldnt that be hypocritical & dangerous?  Billy Graham would never ride in a car alone with a lady xcpt his wife - should we condemn him for that & does it make him less a Christian? esp as many see nothing bad in it

True talk, that will be PURE hypocitical and dangerous Act!!

For we are not supposed to be blind followers nor people without adequate conviction of what we stand for. In the book of Acts 17:11, the Bible tells us about the Bearean Christians who sarched the Bible to see wheather those things they' were taught were so!. It's a challenge to every Christians not to be mere followers but to be grounded in the Scriptures so as to know the perfect will of God. and to your last question, Who are we to blame Billy Graham? because, he knows himself better!!! If he feels seating close to other women is detrimental, then he's encouraged to ride on.

Thank You.  cheesy
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Veracious(f): 1:33pm On Sep 19, 2007
@ ricadelide

it may interest you to know that am a member of DL. If you are not so convinced God wants you to be there(DL) then there is no way you can keep the doctrines which also are biblical doctrines. the truth is people want to hear good things always when they come to church. they see a church that preaches holiness and purity in all areas of life as too old fashioned or too restrictive,because they want to do some things other folks are doing in other churches. Serving God is not just going to church and being a worker there, more is involved, as you need to be really born again and be sanctified without this in place there is no way you can serve God in spirit and in truth.

coming to the aspect of T.V viewing, wearing of trousers,perming of hair,making up.have you read in the bible about women of faith in bible times perming their hair or making up their faces or even putting on male apparel? besides its not only DL you see such doctrines being held high, we have so many other denominations who avoid such practises and yet they dont get critisism in return from people. you and i know that what we view goes a long way in influencing our thoughts and actions;turn on your T.V set and what you see each minutes can be left unimagined. you see a little child of about 1-2yr already taking some dance steps and singing some songs that you as an aldult could not do when you were at that age,even now that you'r an adult.just look around,what do you see? children who given the next ten years would turn their generation to something else.

For those who are not members of DL am not in the right position to judge your righteousness,as some acclaimed righteousness could be filthy rags in the sight of God. all what i would say is study your bible in all sincererity not minding what people would say about you when you start living the life God wants you to live. serve him in spirit and in truth,and i tell you "when you are really serving God that way you would know within you, as the spirit will bear witness to it".
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by Backslider(m): 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2007
@THE TRUE HOLY BRETHREN

Dont waste your time casting the pearls to these people they will only waste it and ridicule you. In the Army of Heaven people choose the Platoon they belong to.

@Blue-sky

I know Deeper Life church does not believe in people having relaxed hair, wearing jewlery and women should not wear trousers.

Am I a sinner if i do these things?

You are not a sinner because of your outward behaviour ONLY Your inward behavior is also very important. The bible says that we are a Royal Priesthood.

It means 2 things

1) Royalty
a. As kings and Queens we speak with a lot of grace
b. Our dressing most be responsible and show good example to other
c. We must not be unruly
d. Must be content and Meek as though we have possessed the earth
e. Declare the Judgment of God

2) Priesthood

a. We are honest
b. the priest dress in a righteous manner
c. We must be dedicated to only the Altar and no one Else.
d. We must be ruled by the word of God ONLY
e. Plead with God ( Mediate for the souls of men)

If you look at a king and a priest you see all this character that I have stated.
Re: Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? by atutupoyo(f): 1:12am On Sep 20, 2007
I feel we should read the bible and ask the Holy Spirit to minister to us. We are to live by the Blible not church doctrines. Other thing apart fom wearing trousers, perming of hair, watching T.v(all DLC members I know have T.Vs )-Lying, gossiping,envy, jealousy, back-biting takes peoplle to hell. There might be some things underneth the cloth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.