Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,926 members, 7,838,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. (29895 Views)

Pastor Sign Fireman Arrested In Ritual Murder Case / Purpose: Sent To Bear Grief And Sorrows / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by pilgrim1(f): 7:49pm On Dec 02, 2007
olabowale:

@Pilgrim.1: It is 'HATMAN DECREE,' that perplexes your thought, from Suratul
Mariam, verse 71. Be ready for the Catwalk. It is a forgone conclusion.

The hatman decree is for Muslims - because Muhammad had a plethora of phobias that formed the basis of his assigning hell to anybody - most especially to Muslims!

If Muhammad hated music and arts, he declared hell for musicians and artists.

If Muhammad hated paintings, he declared hell for painters alike.

If Muhammad hated this or that, he declared hell for those who went about their own simple lives!

I have given you time enough to fool yourself - and soon I'll come back and point out the duplicity that Muslims often run to hide behind their fingers in denial of what Muhammad meant by the hatman decree. Dress warm - because you will hear from Muhammad himself the fallacy of your thoughts on Sura 19:71. grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Iman3(m): 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2007
Uche2nna:

I wonder if he was bethroted to the 6 yr old girl or he married the 6 year old girl as a fully grown ass man. undecided

He married her as a fully grown man. . . . .that is what makes it astonishing.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Iman3(m): 8:25pm On Dec 02, 2007
Am I the only one thinking this woman,as a British woman,should face the full wrath of Islamic law? It is the British who amalgamated South and North Sudan,confining the non-Muslim and non-Arab South to eternal servitude.This incident is only a small taste of what the non-Muslim population have had to cope with for generations,thanks to the Brits.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2007
I-man:

Am I the only one thinking this woman,as a British woman,should face the full wrath of Islamic law? It is the British who amalgamated South and North Sudan,confining the non-Muslim and non-Arab South to eternal servitude.This incident is only a small taste of what the non-Muslim population have had to cope with for generations,thanks to the Brits.

Valid point, except the woman will be back in the safe arms of Liverpool pretty soon. The Darfurians dont have British passports with which to escape the horror they have been perpetually condemned to face.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Iman3(m): 8:33pm On Dec 02, 2007
That is why I would have preferred a beheading.Very soon,she will back in the relative safety of UK,with the BBC mouthing the mantra,"Islam is peaceful but for a few misguided adherents" .With a beheading,maybe,it will compel the Brits to better appreciate the hellish conditions they have placed the non-Muslim South in.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by seunbballo(m): 9:39pm On Dec 02, 2007
Person wey choose this religion and tell me say muslim good, Na lie. Its common sence. You want people to follow ur religion and you have more than 100s of hate verses in the book of Quran. Any decision or actions made under[whether in the name of a RELIGION or in the name of a PROPHET] that do not exibit(LOVE,CO-EXISTENCE, PEACE AND MORALITY) is bullshit,Counterfeit and is from the DEVIL. Thats all. My Naija people abeg think before una act. Make una no let any religion BRAINWASH UNA. PEACE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by dot2002(m): 10:57pm On Dec 02, 2007
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by VOR(m): 11:12pm On Dec 02, 2007
OK!!

For the last time. . The very last time. .

SHE DID NOT NAME THE TEDDY BEAR!!
Quote from Khai-Khai.

She may not have chosen the name herself but she is their teacher and is therefore supposed to educate the kids.

Suppose the kids had decided to call the bear nigger or maybe shagger or something sexual, shay she go siddon
say no be me name de bear na de pickin choose am.

The point be say to call anything apart from human being Muhammed in the Islamic world is offensive.
I agree there is something of an overeaction but y'all shouldn't be so quick to condemn another societies
laws and customs. She as a teacher should have known better. 

And don't forget na the same "CIVILISED" USA de fry pesin for electric chair, in western Europe we consider
such punishment barbaric.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by focused(m): 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2007
Islamic religion is nothing but a big joke to me grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

They are so intolerant and senseless. That is why their terrorist leaders will tell them to go and kill themselves and they will carry it out , while their leaders will be hiding in caves and other secret places for their lives.

Who is Muhammed that people cannot critise him ?

What is the difference between Muhammed and Osama Bin Laden

God have mercy !!!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Kobojunkie: 11:34pm On Dec 02, 2007
I-man:

That is why I would have preferred a beheading.Very soon,she will back in the relative safety of UK,with the BBC mouthing the mantra,"Islam is peaceful but for a few misguided adherents" .With a beheading,maybe,it will compel the Brits to better appreciate the hellish conditions they have placed the non-Muslim South in.

That happens to be another huge issue I have with many of these cases. Walking around in fear of the religion. It almost seems we are being bullied by these islamists and must act right so as not to offende them. And you know what, now that I think of it, a beheading might not be all bad for once. I mean we have seen muslim women suffer under muslim law and the world only cry for a minute. Maybe it will take the beheading of this british woman to get the world to stand up and say enough already!!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 03, 2007
VOR:

OK!!

Quote from Khai-Khai.

She may not have chosen the name herself but she is their teacher and is therefore supposed to educate the kids.

Suppose the kids had decided to call the bear nigger or maybe shagger or something sexual, shay she go siddon

The point be say to call anything apart from human being Muhammed in the Islamic world is offensive.
I agree there is something of an overeaction but y'all shouldn't be so quick to condemn another societies

And don't forget na the same "CIVILISED" USA de fry pesin for electric chair, in western Europe we consider

was she there to teach islamic studies? ?

she is not a muslim, so how is she going to educate them on something she knows nothing about? ?

I can go to my village in nigeria and name a dog "nigger" if I want. especially as those living around do not know what the word nigger means and think it's just any name,

death sentence is an argument for some other topic
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Kobojunkie: 12:19am On Dec 03, 2007
VOR:

OK!!

Quote from Khai-Khai.

Sudan is not a Muslim state. It is not under Sharia law. The Law said blasphemy was not allowed. How in the world would anyone figure that a small boy deciding to name a teddy bear after his own self is blasphemy? I mean that is like telling lagbaja you can not name your teddy bear lagbaja. How do you work that into blasphemy?? Does Lagbaja not have a right to his own name again?? I didn't know the name mohammed was under ISLAMIC TRADEMARK. Mind you, your mohammed was NOT the first Mohammed, and as we can see, he aint the last. So please argue this with some thought put in.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by focused(m): 1:59am On Dec 03, 2007
If she decided to name a teddy bear Muhammad, so what ?

Is Muhammad better than a Teddy bear ??

Prophet Muhammad is not better than a vulture.

You need to see the people of Sudan who are dying of hunger and whose land have been ravaged of war protesting  !!! All the Sudanese are indeed a strange sight to behold.

God have mercy !!!!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 3:30am On Dec 03, 2007
VOR:

Educate the kids on what? On how to use their own very names?

VOR:

She shld have known better than to allow a child to name his toy after himself?

Muslims and their knack for defending the downright ridiculous.

VOR:

hmmm that is way off the mark bro. Its like trying to compare apples to oranges.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by LITTLEMAMS: 9:47am On Dec 03, 2007
This is real Islam, if you take this away from Islam then is something else. That is what Islam preaches, practices and live for; Violence! The world do not exactly understand what the southern Sudan being none Muslims are facing may be this would serve as eye opener. The Mohamed goes raiding killing raping and they still remain Mohamed because they follow the foot steps of the original name bearer.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by idupaul: 10:07am On Dec 03, 2007
The Mohamed goes raiding killing raping and they still remain Mohamed because they follow the foot steps of the original name bearer.

WORD,

probably a lot of janja weed members named Mohammed, and if such debuacherous and decadent people can bear that name then every item on the planet also has the rite to bear any name at all.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by FBS: 10:07am On Dec 03, 2007
Up Jesus!!!!

KHARTOUM (AFP) - Sudanese President Omar al-Beshir on Monday pardoned a British woman teacher jailed for 15 days for insulting religion and she will be released in an hour, a presidential advisor told AFP.

ADVERTISEMENT

"She was pardoned thanks to the mediation of Lord Ahmed and Baroness Warsi. She will be released in about an hour," Mahjoub Fadl Badri told AFP.

A Sudanese court on Thursday jailed Gillian Gibbons to 15 days in prison for insulting religion by naming a teddy bear after the Prophet Mohammed at the exclusive English school where she taught in Khartoum.

Two British Muslim peers, Lord Nazir Ahmed and Baroness Sayeeda Warsi, from the upper house of parliament, were on Monday meeting Beshir at the Republican Palace after flying to Khartoum in order to secure a pardon.

The arrest and jail sentence of the 54-year-old mother of two sparked outrage in Britain and a diplomatic crisis between London and Khartoum, further straining relations already frayed over nearly five years of war in Darfur.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071203/wl_uk_afp/sudanbritainreligionpardon
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by youngies(m): 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2007
Thank goodness finally she will be released.

But there is still one nagging issue that I need to be cleared on:

Was prophet mohammad the first person to answer the name 'mohammad'? I mean is there any evidence that some persons must have answered that name before him?

I need answers
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Kobojunkie: 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2007
youngies:

Thank goodness finally she will be released.

But there is still one nagging issue that I need to be cleared on:

Was prophet mohammad the first person to answer the name 'mohammad'? I mean is there any evidence that some persons must have answered that name before him?

I need answers

He was not the FIRST person to answer to that name. There were many before him, just that after him, it become a holy name in islam, the man became a god.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by youngies(m): 12:53pm On Dec 03, 2007
So in that case it will be safe for me to name my pretty rabbit at home 'mohammad' after one of the previous unholy mohammads and insist that i did not it the quoranic mohammad undecided
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Kobojunkie: 1:05pm On Dec 03, 2007
youngies:

So in that case it will be safe for me to name my pretty rabbit at home 'mohammad' after one of the previous unholy mohammads and insist that i did not it the quoranic mohammad undecided

Well, I don't think they will wait for you to explain that you did not name the rabbit after the other muhammeds cause we are speaking here of people who do not seem to care what another has to say. Once they find you guilty in their eyes and heck if you are an infidel ( even worse), they will ask for your head without question. They might even tell you that the man to take your head will have to hold the quran in the other hand so that the blow will not be as painful , LOLOLOLOL, These are the same people living in a country where 100's of thousands have been killed/raped/maimed who seem more concerned about the teddy bear naming practises in the country than actual human lives. Just note, Nigeria may not come to your rescue at all if you do.LMAO!!!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by olabowale(m): 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2007
@Pilgrim.1: Just to make it clear to you about what awaits you of the Punishment
from what will be used to Punish the disbelievers, ingrates. From Surah Mariam, God
Allah the Almighty has promised the PROMISE that will never fail.

The Condition of the Righteous and the Criminals on the Day of Resurrection

Allah, the Exalted, informs about His righteous friends, who feared Him in the life of this world. They followed His Messengers and believed in what the Messengers told them. They obeyed them in what they commanded them and abstained from that which they prohibited. Allah explains that He will gather these people on the Day of Resurrection like a delegation that has come to Him. A Wafd (delegation) is a group that arrives while riding and from it comes the word Wufud (arriving). They will come riding upon noble steeds of light from the riding animals of the Hereafter. They will arrive before the Best Receiver of delegations at the abode of His honor and pleasure. In reference to the criminals, who denied the Messengers and opposed them, they will be driven violently to the Hellfire. Allah says

(In a thirsty state.) This means parched and thirsting for drink. This was stated by `Ata', Ibn `Abbas, Mujahid, Al-Hasan, Qatadah and many others. Here it will be said,
(Which of the two groups is best in Maqam (position) and the finest Nadiyyan (meeting place).)[19:73] Ibn Abi Hatim reported from `Amr bin Qays Al-Mula'i, who reported from Ibn Marzuq that he said,

(The Day We shall gather those with Taqwa unto the Most Gracious, like a delegation.) "When the believer comes forth from his grave, he will meet the most handsome form he has ever seen and it will have the nicest fragrance. He will say, `Who are you' The being will reply, `You do not know me' The believer will say, `No, but Allah has made you sweet smelling with a handsome face.' The being will say, `I am your righteous deeds. This is how you use to beautify and apply fragrance to your deeds in the worldly life. I was riding upon you in the entire length of your worldly life, so will you not ride upon me now' So the believer will therefore mount the creature. This is the meaning of Allah's statement,

(The Day We shall gather those with Taqwa unto the Most Gracious, like a delegation.)'' `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said,
(The Day We shall gather those with Taqwa unto the Most Gracious, like a delegation.) "Riding.'' His saying
(And We shall drive the criminals to Hell, in a thirsty state.) This means parched and thirsty.
(None shall have the power of intercession,) There will be no one who can intercede for them like the believers who intercede for each other. Allah says about them,

(Now we have no intercessors, nor a close friend.) [26:100-101] Allah said,
(but such a one as has received permission (or promise) from the Most Gracious.) This is a separate exclusion, which means, "But those who have taken a covenant with the Most Beneficent.'' This covenant is the testimony that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah, and upholding of its rights and implications. `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said,

(but such a one as has received permission (or promise) from the Most Gracious.) "The promise is the testimony that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah, that the person accepts that all power and strength belong to Allah and he only places his hope with Allah alone.''
(88. And they say: "The Most Gracious (Allah) has begotten a son.'') (89. Indeed you have brought forth (said) a thing Idda.) (90. Whereby the heavens are almost torn, and the earth is split asunder, and the mountains Hadda.) (91. That they ascribe a son to the Most Gracious.) (92. But it is not suitable for the Most Gracious that He should beget a son.) (93. There is none in the heavens and the earth but comes unto the Most Gracious as a slave.) (94. Verily, He knows each one of them, and has counted them a full counting.) (95. And everyone of them will come to Him alone on the Day of Resurrection.)
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by olabowale(m): 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2007
@Pilgrim.1: Your 'hatman decree,' is almost here. You will have to be on the Wariduha aleyha,
that you hate to hear about. Don't worry about it. You will have plenty of company where you
are going to spend eternity!

The Power of the Devils over the Disbelievers

Concerning Allah's statement,
(See you not that We have sent the Shayatin against the disbelievers to push them to do evil.) `Ali bin Abi Talhah said that Ibn `Abbas said, "They will lead them astray with temptation.'' Al-`Awfi said that Ibn `Abbas said, "They will incite them against Muhammad and his Companions.'' Qatadah said, "They will harass them and disturb them until they disobey Allah.'' `Abdur-Rahman bin Zayd said, "This is similar to Allah's statement,

(And whosoever turns away blindly from the remembrance of the Most Gracious, We appoint for him a Shaytan to be a companion for him.)'' [43:36] Concerning Allah's statement,
(So make no haste against them; We only count out to them a (limited) number.) This means, "Do not be hasty with the punishment that is going to befall them, O Muhammad.''
(We only count out to them a number. ) This means, "We are only delaying them for a fixed appointment whose time is numbered. They are destined for that and there is no escaping the torment of Allah and His exemplary punishment.'' Allah says,

(And consider not that Allah is unaware of that which the wrongdoers do.) [14:42] And He says,
(So give a respite to the disbelievers; deal gently with them for a while.) [86:17] And Allah says,
(We postpone the punishment only so that they may increase in sinfulness.) [3:178]
(We let them enjoy for a little while, then in the end We shall oblige them to (enter) a great torment.) [31:24]
(Say: "Enjoy! But certainly, your destination is the (Hell) Fire.'') [14:30] As-Suddi said,
(We only count out to them a (limited) number. ) means years, months, days and hours.''

(85. The Day We shall gather those with Taqwa unto the Most Gracious (Allah), like a delegation.) (86. And We shall drive the criminals to Hell, in a thirsty state.) (87. None shall have the power of intercession, but such a one as has received permission (or promise) from the Most Gracious (Allah).)
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by olabowale(m): 1:45pm On Dec 03, 2007
@Pilgrim.1:

Man's Amazement about Life after Death and the Refutation against this Amazement

Allah, the Exalted, informs that mankind is amazed that he could be returned to life after death and he thinks that this is something farfetched. As Allah says,
(And if you wonder, then wondrous is their saying: "When we are dust, shall we indeed then be (raised) in a new creation'')[13:5] Allah also says,
(Does not man see that We have created him from Nutfah. Yet behold he (stands forth) as an open opponent. And he puts forth for Us a parable and forgets his own creation. He says: "Who will give life to these bones after they are rotten and have become dust'' Say: "He will give life to them Who created them for the first time! And He is the All-Knower of every creation!'')[36:77-79] And Allah says here in this Surah,

(And man says: "When I am dead, shall I then be raised up alive'' Does not man remember that We created him before, while he was nothing) Allah uses the beginning of creation as a proof for its repetition. This means that He, the Exalted, created the human being while he was nothing. So can he not repeat this creation after the human had actually become something Similalry Allah says;

(And He it is Who originates the creation, then He will repeat it; and this is easier for Him.) [30:27] In the Sahih it is recorded that the Messenger of Allah said,
(Allah, the Exalted said, "The son of Adam denies Me and he has no right to deny Me. The son of Adam harms Me and he has no right to harm Me. His denial of Me is his statement that I will never repeat His creation like I created him the first time. Yet, the second creation is not more difficult upon Me than the first. His harming Me is his statement that I have a son. Yet, I am One Alone, the Self-Sufficient Whom all creatures need. He Who does not beget children, nor was He born and there is none coequal or comparable unto Him.'') Concerning Allah's statement,

(So by your Lord, surely We shall gather them together, and the Shayatin,) The Lord, Blessed be He the Most High, swears by His Noble Self that He will definitely gather all of those who worshipped other than Allah and their devils as well.

(then We shall bring them round Hell, Jithiyya.) Al-`Awfi related that Ibn `Abbas said, "This means sitting and it is similar to His statement,
(And you will see each nation Jathiyah.)'' [45:28] As-Suddi commented on the word Jithiyya, "It means standing.'' It has been reported from Murrah that Ibn Mas`ud said the same. Concerning Allah's statement,
(Then indeed We shall drag out from every sect) This means from every nation. This is what Mujahid said.

(all those who were worst in obstinate rebellion against the Most Gracious.) Ath-Thawri reported from `Ali bin Al-Aqmar, from Abu Al-Ahwas, from Ibn Mas`ud that he said, "The first of them will be bound to the last of them until their number is complete. Then, they will be brought all together. Then, Allah will begin with the greatest of them in crime and continue in succession. That is Allah's statement,

(Then indeed We shall drag out from every sect all those who were worst in obstinate rebellion against the Most Gracious.) This is similar to Allah's statement,
(Until they will be gathered all together in the Fire. The last of them will say to the first of them: "Our Lord! These misled us, so give them a double torment of the Fire.'') Until His saying,
(For what you used to earn.) [7:38-39] The first of them will say to the last of them: "Your were not better than us, so taste the torment for what you used to earn.'' Concerning Allah's statement,

(Then, verily, We know best those who are most worthy of being burnt therein.) Then, at this point Allah attaches one piece of information to another. The meaning here is that Allah best knows which of His creatures deserve to be burned in the fire of Hell and remain there forever and who deserves to have his punishment doubled. This is as He says in the Ayah that was previously mentioned,

(He will say: "For each one there is double (torment), but you know not.'') [7:38]
(71. There is not one of you but will pass over it (Hell); this is with your Lord, a decree which must be accomplished.) (72. Then We shall save those who had Taqwa. And We shall leave the wrongdoers in it, Jithiyya.)
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by olabowale(m): 2:08pm On Dec 03, 2007
@Pilgrim.1: Here is your verse 71, with the hatman decree that you will not escape, regardless
of who may have in your mind that will come to your rescue. I assure you, the person, will fail and
will be concern with his own condition. You will have no helper against your Creator. It is a thing
decreed. You will have to be on Wariduha Aleyha (A cross way, a bridge, an overpass, etc). You will
have to be on it over the fire of Hell. Below is a list of words linguistically, that can be used, for
Wahiduha aleyha of Qur'an. But never can replace Wariduha aleyha in the Qur'an;

1) Rafah aleyha,
2) Attiyan aleyha
3) Qudihan aleyha
4) Rajiha aleyha
5) Waridan aleyha

Everyone will be brought to Hell, then the Righteous will be saved

Ibn Jarir reported from `Abdullah that he said concerning Allah's statement,
(There is not one of you but will pass over it.) "The bridge over Hell is like the sharp edge of a sword. The first group to cross it will pass like a flash of lightning. The second group will pass like the wind. The third group will pass like the fastest horse. The fourth group will pass like the fastest cow. Then, the rest will pass while the angels will be saying, `O Allah save them, save them.' '' This narration has supporting narrations similar to it from the Prophet in the Two Sahihs and other collections as well. These narrations have been related by Anas, Abu Sa`id, Abu Hurayrah, Jabir and other Companions, may Allah be pleased with them all. Ahmad also recorded that Umm Mubashshar, the wife of Zayd bin Harithah, said, "The Messenger of Allah was in the house of Hafsah when he said,

(No one who was present at the battles of Badr and Hudaybiyyah (of the Muslims) will enter into the Hellfire.) Then, Hafsah said, "Doesn't Allah say,
(There is not one of you but will pass over it (Hell)wink The Messenger of Allah replied by reciting,
(Then We shall save those who had Taqwa.) In the Two Sahihs there is a Hadith reported from Az-Zuhri, from Sa`id from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allah said,
(No one of the Muslims who has had three children, who all died, will be touched by the Hellfire, except for an oath that must be fulfilled.) `Abdur-Rahman bin Zayd bin Aslam commented on Allah's statement,

(There is not one of you but will pass over itwink "The passing of the Muslims (over the Hellfire) means their passing over a bridge that is over it. But the passing of the idolators over the Hellfire refers to their admission to the Fire.'' As-Suddi reported from Murrah, from Ibn Mas`ud, that he said concerning Allah's statement,

(this is with your Lord; a Hatman decree.) "An oath that must be fulfilled.'' Mujahid said, "Hatman means preordainment.'' Ibn Jurayj said the same. Concerning Allah's states

(Then We shall save those who had Taqwa. ) When all of the creatures passed over the Hellfire, and those disbelievers and the disobedient people who are destined to fall into it because of their disobedience, Allah will save the believers and the righteous people from it because of their deeds. Therefore, their passing over the bridge and their speed will be based upon their deeds that they did in this life. Then, the believers who performed major sins will be allowed intercession. The angels, the Prophets and the believers will all intercede. Thus, a large number of the sinners will be allowed to come out of Hell. The fire will have devoured much of their bodies, except the places of prostration on their faces. Their removal from the Hellfire will be due to the

faith in their hearts. The first to come out will be he who has the weight of a Dinar of faith in his heart. Then, whoever has the next least amount after him. Then, whoever is next to that after him, and so forth. This will continue until the one who has the tiniest hint of faith in his heart, equal to the weight of an atom. Then, Allah will take out of the Fire whoever said "La ilaha illallah,'' even one day of his entire life, even if he never performed any good deed. After this, no one will remain in the Hellfire, except those it is obligatory upon to remain in the Hellfire forever. This has been reported in many authentic Hadiths from the Messenger of Allah . This is why Allah says,

(Then We shall save those who had Taqwa. And We shall leave the wrongdoers in it, Jithyya.)
(73. And when Our clear Ayat are recited to them, those who disbelieve say to those who believe: "Which of the two groups has the best dwellings and the finest Nadiyyan'') (74. And how many a generation have We destroyed before them, who were better in wealth, goods and outward appearance)
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Blatant: 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2007
Now we want to go and teach Sudanese people what laws they should make in their countries and how they should interprete their laws. How many of you said anything when the MET officers who shot the Brazilian guy were cleared of wrong doing?
It seems to be a case of western nations being able to do things and it becomes automatically right in the eyes of dumb followers and whoever else does not conform to the dictates of western nations and their norms is evil.

shush
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Kobojunkie: 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2007
Blatant:

Now we want to go and teach Sudanese people what laws they should make in their countries and how they should interprete their laws. How many of you said anything when the MET officers who shot the Brazilian guy were cleared of wrong doing?
It seems to be a case of western nations being able to do things and it becomes automatically right in the eyes of dumb followers and whoever else does not conform to the dictates of western nations and their norms is evil.

shush

Are you blinded by your bias that you can not see how this case is different? Even the boy's own parents called for the woman to be released since they do not see how her boy choosing to name his teddy bear after himself and the others voting on it has anything to do with the law?? Why do you make this about the western world and not focus on the main issue here??
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by buluti(m): 2:45pm On Dec 03, 2007
@ olabowale spare us all this copy and paste which makes no sense am sure to even you. You definately have nothing to say about the topic, again the topic is "Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad".

There are several teddies named mohammed on ebay going for up to 170 pounds and the bidding is still on, the proceeds of all the sales will most likely go to the teacher. The teacher has been pardoned and will make money. Sun and other magazines will fight for exclusive rights to the story meanwhile Sudan is worse off. Several charities are already predicting a rapid drop in international aid to sudan. Who has lost?

Morons that cant think for themselves. cheesy grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Kobojunkie: 2:46pm On Dec 03, 2007
buluti:

@ olabowale spare us all this copy and paste which makes no sense am sure to even you. You definately have nothing to say about the topic, again the topic is "Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad".

There are several teddies named mohammed on ebay going for up to 170 pounds and the bidding is still on, the proceeds of all the sales will most likely go to the teacher. The teacher has been pardoned and will make money. Sun and other magazines will fight for exclusive rights to the story meanwhile Sudan is worse off. Several charities are already predicting a rapid drop in international aid to sudan. [b]Who has lost? [/b]
Morons that can't think for themselves. cheesy grin

LMAO!!!!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by grafikdon: 2:47pm On Dec 03, 2007
buluti:

There are several teddies named mohammed on ebay going for up to 170 pounds and the bidding is still on, the proceeds of all the sales will most likely go to the teacher. The teacher has been pardoned and will make money. Sun and other magazines will fight for exclusive rights to the story meanwhile Sudan is worse off. Several charities are already predicting a rapid drop in international aid to sudan. Who has lost?

Morons that can't think for themselves. cheesy grin

Hahahahaha! People sharp o.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by buluti(m): 2:53pm On Dec 03, 2007
Blatant:

shush

Blatant or whatever you call yourself, it would be nice to shut up rather than provide false information and make attempt to compare unrelated issues.

First the Metropolitan police was not cleared of wrong doing, there is likely going to be an inquest, the met police were indicted to have disregarded health and safety regulations in that operation, the head of the Met has made several apologies and people are calling for his resignation. The case is not yet over.

No one is telling sudan about its law, it is plain foolishness that is on display. Did you follow the story at all.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2007
do these faithful know that the so called muhammed is enjoying his '50,000 virgins' and they are fighting for him?
what a way of life. let him fight for himself and stop harassing the poor woman jare! what's in his name anyway? my dog can as well fight for himself if they ever named a teddy bear after him. Hypocrites angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22)

How Christianity Was Used To Brainwash Africans Into Submission / What Is Nature Exactly? / Pastor Turns Born-Again Preacher And Traditionalist (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 301
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.