Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

How Can We Fight Terrorism? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Can We Fight Terrorism? (7108 Views)

Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism / How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage / Fight Terrorism Jointly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can We Fight Terrorism? by BlueMurder(m): 9:42am On Jun 19, 2012
I have been a sad man since December 2011, when suicide bombers tore apart the church in Madalla and despatched many innocent people to the great beyond. Sad because, with every new terrorist attack, i become shockingly aware that some extremely evil people (whoever they may be working for)are bent on using these terrible incidents to tarnish the integrity of Islam, and make Muslims the receiving end of ridicule and derison. The ultimate objective, i believe, is to ignite a religious war, the end of which everyone knows, will be catastrophic.

What can we, as Muslims in our own little ways, do to fight this scourge? Some non-Muslims have advocated reprisal attacks on innocent Muslims. But there are three fundamental flaws with that approach. One, such attacks would have zero effect on the terrorists because they are not Muslims in the true sense of the term. We all know that Islam has no place for such murderous beasts. Two, he who murders an innocent person person on the basis of what a faceless terrorist did to others is himself a murderer and a terrorist. Three, reprisal attacks would unleash a vicious cycle of violence and hatred between Christians and Muslims. What would that achieve? Would we not be playing into the hands of the terrorists and their backers? So what then do we do?

Some non-Muslims have also been very critical of us, alleging that we aid and abet terrorism because we do not speak out or act against the terrorists. While i detest the ostrich approach to managing this crisis, let me ask this question: who (in the absence of government protection)would stick out his neck after what happened to Shaykh Jafar Mahmud Adam in 2007? Recall that back then, he was the only Muslim Scholar (as far as i can recall)who openly preached against the activities of boko haram. A very fortright and courageous man, he was gunned down while leading the dawn prayers, by assailants who are yet to be unmasked by the security agencies. But we ordinary folks believe that boko haram killed him in order to shut him up. Besides, they were a very small, identifiable group back then. Now, they have metamorphosed into a deadly underground movement with financial support from within and without.

My dear Muslim brothers and sisters, what do we do? My take is that there is little we can do if government is unwilling to unmask the sponsors of this ungodly group. Nevertheless, let's be more vigilant and security-conscious. We should stop taking things for granted: let us report all suspicious activities/persons to the security agencies (anonymously of course!). We should assist our christian brethren to secure their churches because it has become glaring that it is in our own interest to do so. The social media are very powerful tools of communication. Please our Muslim brothers and sisters who can, should get copies of Shaykh Jafar's criticism of the boko haram concept, translate them into English Language and put them on these media for the benefit of both Muslims and non-Muslims. This would go a long way to dispel the idea that boko haram has anything to do with Islam. May Allah put the transgressors to shame, ameen. Other suggestions are very much welcome.

2 Likes

Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 10:07am On Jun 19, 2012
the solution lies in understanding THIS and seeing THIS!!!
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 10:17am On Jun 19, 2012
LagosShia: the solution lies in understanding THIS and seeing THIS!!!

Hum, hum hum...
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by BlueMurder(m): 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2012
LagosShia: the solution lies in understanding THIS and seeing THIS!!!

It is amazing the way in which you talk about 'wahabis' without knowing what the term really refers to. Again, you are trying too hard to paint a very bad picture of sunni Muslims. Do you think non-Muslims care a hoot about the existence of sunni, shi'a, or whatever? No! As far as they are concerned, a Muslim is a Muslim. And remember, on the Day of Reckoning, you will render your account as a Muslim, not sunni or shi'a or sufi or whatever.

It is not the intention of this poster to indulge you in your fantasies. I solicited for practical suggestions on what we ordinary Muslims can do to fight terrorism. Let's keep it at that please.

6 Likes

Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 12:26pm On Jun 19, 2012
BlueMurder:

It is amazing the way in which you talk about 'wahabis' without knowing what the term really refers to. Again, you are trying too hard to paint a very bad picture of sunni Muslims. Do you think non-Muslims care a hoot about the existence of sunni, shi'a, or whatever? No! As far as they are concerned, a Muslim is a Muslim. And remember, on the Day of Reckoning, you will render your account as a Muslim, not sunni or shi'a or sufi or whatever.

It is not the intention of this poster to indulge you in your fantasies. I solicited for practical suggestions on what we ordinary Muslims can do to fight terrorism. Let's keep it at that please.

every man will carry his own burden.i am not responsible nor is Islam for what a freaky confused and wicked minority does.i am not targeting Sunnis.a very tiny minority follows the wahhabi movement even though Sunnis are increasingly vulnerable to fall prey to the wahhabi idelogy.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by tiarabubu: 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2012
BlueMurder: I have been a sad man since December 2011, when suicide bombers tore apart the church in Madalla and despatched many innocent people to the great beyond. Sad because, with every new terrorist attack, i become shockingly aware that some extremely evil people (whoever they may be working for)are bent on using these terrible incidents to tarnish the integrity of Islam, and make Muslims the receiving end of ridicule and derison. The ultimate objective, i believe, is to ignite a religious war, the end of which everyone knows, will be catastrophic.

What can we, as Muslims in our own little ways, do to fight this scourge? Some non-Muslims have advocated reprisal attacks on innocent Muslims. But there are three fundamental flaws with that approach. One, such attacks would have zero effect on the terrorists because they are not Muslims in the true sense of the term. We all know that Islam has no place for such murderous beasts. Two, he who murders an innocent person person on the basis of what a faceless terrorist did to others is himself a murderer and a terrorist. Three, reprisal attacks would unleash a vicious cycle of violence and hatred between Christians and Muslims. What would that achieve? Would we not be playing into the hands of the terrorists and their backers? So what then do we do?

Some non-Muslims have also been very critical of us, alleging that we aid and abet terrorism because we do not speak out or act against the terrorists. While i detest the ostrich approach to managing this crisis, let me ask this question: who (in the absence of government protection)would stick out his neck after what happened to Shaykh Jafar Mahmud Adam in 2007? Recall that back then, he was the only Muslim Scholar (as far as i can recall)who openly preached against the activities of boko haram. A very fortright and courageous man, he was gunned down while leading the dawn prayers, by assailants who are yet to be unmasked by the security agencies. But we ordinary folks believe that boko haram killed him in order to shut him up. Besides, they were a very small, identifiable group back then. Now, they have metamorphosed into a deadly underground movement with financial support from within and without.

My dear Muslim brothers and sisters, what do we do? My take is that there is little we can do if government is unwilling to unmask the sponsors of this ungodly group. Nevertheless, let's be more vigilant and security-conscious. We should stop taking things for granted: let us report all suspicious activities/persons to the security agencies (anonymously of course!). We should assist our christian brethren to secure their churches because it has become glaring that it is in our own interest to do so. The social media are very powerful tools of communication. Please our Muslim brothers and sisters who can, should get copies of Shaykh Jafar's criticism of the boko haram concept, translate them into English Language and put them on these media for the benefit of both Muslims and non-Muslims. This would go a long way to dispel the idea that boko haram has anything to do with Islam. May Allah put the transgressors to shame, ameen. Other suggestions are very much welcome.

I am not a Muslim and this is addressed to fellow muslims.

I want to say I agree with you completely. We must all fight terrorism together or it'll swallow us all.

5 Likes

Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 7:01pm On Jun 20, 2012
tiarabubu:

I am not a Muslim and this is addressed to fellow muslims.

I want to say I agree with you completely. We must all fight terrorism together or it'll swallow us all.

Hurray! Hurrah! Yihaa! Yahoo! Tiarabubu said something I agree with.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 10:04pm On Jun 20, 2012
@Maclatunji

can you tell us how we can fight the wahhabi aka salafistt terrorism that is giving Islam and Muslim a bad name? i know you don't like it when i say it as it is by pointing out a certain segment that are promoting terror.you have even deleted my threads and banned me for pointing finger at wahhabism/salafism.i think it is only by exposing them and opposing them,and making them know we reject the bloodbath they promote that we can put a full stop to them and let them know we are against them.you obviously think otherwise.and even if you disagree with me,tell us who or what is responsible.and also tell us how we can fight terror or at least what we should do to make these people (whoever you think they are) stop killing innocent people be they christians,Shia or even mainstream Sunnis who disagree with them to a large extent and their methods.

what do you suggest we do?i want to hear your suggestions and solutions.no one so far has come up with anything.please speak up.we want to hear you.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by proo212(m): 11:34am On Jun 21, 2012
Lagosshia, Maclatunji and Bluemurder, the question I have to ask is

1. If they are a minority group giving muslims a bad name, do they interpret the quran wrongly?
2. Are only the wahhabi/salafists terror minded?
3. How will the global khalifa be realised if everyone does not become muslim willingly or unwillingly?
3. Since we know not everyone will become muslim (like myself) what do you do?
4. How did you become muslim? Did just say la illah....just like that?
5. Were you born into a muslim family so the religion was passed down? If so, how did Northern part of Nigeria become muslim? Was it by peaceful means or an earlier version of what Boko Haram are doing?

Educate me on the Wahhabi/Salafist. The Wahhabis are from Saudi Arabia, your holiest land. A nominal guy like myself thinks, if this is the way Saudis do it then this must be the right way. But the Sunnis and Shia see it differently. Why are the Wahhabi's wrong and the Sunnis or Shia right? Who is right? Who is wrong?

One thing is clear, you all believe in a global caliphate, how will this come to be? My take is either by personal jihad or violent jihad.

Personal Jihad, muslims will outbreed in any environment they find themselves and numerical strength will eventually subdue. Violent Jihad like Boko Haram are doing...

A point to note, this not in any way to ridicule or insult. If there is a different take on this, then educate me.

6 Likes

Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 11:46am On Jun 21, 2012
LagosShia: @Maclatunji

can you tell us how we can fight the wahhabi aka salafistt terrorism that is giving Islam and Muslim a bad name? i know you don't like it when i say it as it is by pointing out a certain segment that are promoting terror.you have even deleted my threads and banned me for pointing finger at wahhabism/salafism.i think it is only by exposing them and opposing them,and making them know we reject the bloodbath they promote that we can put a full stop to them and let them know we are against them.you obviously think otherwise.and even if you disagree with me,tell us who or what is responsible.and also tell us how we can fight terror or at least what we should do to make these people (whoever you think they are) stop killing innocent people be they christians,Shia or even mainstream Sunnis who disagree with them to a large extent and their methods.

what do you suggest we do?i want to hear your suggestions and solutions.no one so far has come up with anything.please speak up.we want to hear you.

Ok, you are done sulking? There is no reason for you to point fingers at 'Wahabis/Salafis' and tag them as a group as terrorists. That is no different from non-Muslims tagging all Muslims terrorists. There are terrorists hiding in virtually every religion/creed, it is a simple solution, address the criminality and leave sentiments aside. Once you do that, you will make substantial progress. It reminds me of cultism in campuses, when someone gets killed, they call it "cult attack", heck no! That is called Murder and should be treated as such. There are millions of people under the 'Wahabi/salafists' creed, it is nothing short of madness to say majority of them are terrorists just like there are terrorists in other creeds. Address those and leave out name-calling and propaganda.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 11:53am On Jun 21, 2012
maclatunji:

Ok, you are done sulking? There is no reason for you to point fingers at 'Wahabis/Salafis' and tag them as a group as terrorists. That is no different from non-Muslims tagging all Muslims terrorists. There are terrorists hiding in virtually every religion/creed, it is a simple solution, address the criminality and leave sentiments aside. Once you do that, you will make substantial progress. It reminds me of cultism in campuses, when someone gets killed, they call it "cult attack", heck no! That is called Murder and should be treated as such. There are millions of people under the 'Wahabi/salafists' creed, it is nothing short of madness to say majority of them are terrorists just like there are terrorists in other creeds. Address those and leave out name-calling and propaganda.

you are getting it wrong.

i am not accusing each and everyone among them to be a murderer.i am simply saying that the wahhabi/salafist ideology is violent and promotes terrorism.it is an ideology of extremism that breeds intolerance in the mind of its victims.thus every wahhabi/salafist if not a terrorist actively,is a potential terrorist.an ideology that teachs that others of different beliefs should be killed and do not deserve to live is not an ideology humanity can follow.it should not be concealed under Islam.if you are a true Muslim and you want to defend Islam,you must disassociate Islam from the mance of wahhabism/salafism.it is that simple.

now when a cult member kills,it is murder.but people call it cult attack because it is cultism that motivated him to carry out the murder act.if you disagree,then too bad.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 11:55am On Jun 21, 2012
proo212: Lagosshia, Maclatunji and Bluemurder, the question I have to ask is

1. If they are a minority group giving muslims a bad name, do they interpret the quran wrongly?
2. Are only the wahhabi/salafists terror minded?
3. How will the global khalifa be realised if everyone does not become muslim willingly or unwillingly?
3. Since we know not everyone will become muslim (like myself) what do you do?
4. How did you become muslim? Did just say la illah....just like that?
5. Were you born into a muslim family so the religion was passed down? If so, how did Northern part of Nigeria become muslim? Was it by peaceful means or an earlier version of what Boko Haram are doing?

Educate me on the Wahhabi/Salafist. The Wahhabis are from Saudi Arabia, your holiest land. A nominal guy like myself thinks, if this is the way Saudis do it then this must be the right way. But the Sunnis and Shia see it differently. Why are the Wahhabi's wrong and the Sunnis or Shia right? Who is right? Who is wrong?

One thing is clear, you all believe in a global caliphate, how will this come to be? My take is either by personal jihad or violent jihad.

Personal Jihad, muslims will outbreed in any environment they find themselves and numerical strength will eventually subdue. Violent Jihad like Boko Haram are doing...

A point to note, this not in any way to ridicule or insult. If there is a different take on this, then educate me.

your questions are noted.i will answer subsequently,inshaAllah.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2012
LagosShia:

you are getting it wrong.

i am not accusing each and everyone among them to be a murderer.i am simply saying that the wahhabi/salafist ideology is violent and promotes terrorism.it is an ideology of extremism that breeds intolerance in the mind of its victims.thus every wahhabi/salafist if not a terrorist actively,is a potential terrorist.an ideology that teachs that others of different beliefs should be killed and do not deserve to live is not an ideology humanity can follow.it should not be concealed under Islam.if you are a true Muslim and you want to defend Islam,you must disassociate Islam from the mance of wahhabism/salafism.it is that simple.

now when a cult member kills,it is murder.but people call it cult attack because it is cultism that motivated him to carry out the murder act.if you disagree,then too bad.

You see, you never learn.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 12:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
maclatunji:

You see, you never learn.

in all sincerity,and God is my witness,teach me.make your case.i am ready to prove and put evidence for my claims on the wahhabi/salafist ideoology.you bring forth your evidence showing us how peaceful and tolerant it is.

in Nigeria,we have the christians suffering from it.in other parts of the world,the Shia Muslims are suffering.and lest i forget,in Sokoto,what made the government of Wamako destroy the Shia Islamic center? was it tolerance? in Nigeria,you find every God forsaken religious group.even hindus and bahais have temples in Nigeria.why can't a Shia have an Islamic center,or a mosque they build and run? what forbids that?

i have the words of wahhabism/salafism to present to prove my case.you can do likewise present the words of wahhabism/salafism to make your case that that ideology is peaceful,Islamic and tolerant.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 12:15pm On Jun 21, 2012
These are the fundamental beliefs of Wahabis sourced from Wikipedia.

Wahabi Beliefs

[b]The Wahhabi subscribe to the primary doctrine of the uniqueness and unity of God (Tawhid).[8][20] The first aspect is believing in God's Lordship that He alone is the believer's lord (Rabb) The second aspect is that once one affirms the existence of God and His Lordship, one must worship Him and Him alone.

Wahhabi theology treats the Quran and Hadith as the only fundamental and authoritative texts. Commentaries and "the examples of the early Muslim community (Ummah) and the four Rightly Guided Caliphs (AD 632–661)" are used to support these texts, but are not considered independently authoritative.[21]

Ibn Abd al-Wahhab further explains in his book Kitab al-Tawhid (which draws on material from the Quran and the narrations of the prophet) that worship in Islam includes conventional acts of worship such as the five daily prayers; fasting; Dua (supplication); Istia'dha (seeking protection or refuge); Ist'ana (seeking help), and Istigatha (seeking benefits). Therefore, making dua to anyone or anything other than God, or seeking supernatural help and protection that is only befitting of a divine being from something other than Allah are acts of "shirk" and contradict Tawhid. Ibn Abd al-Wahhab further explains that Muhammad during his lifetime tried his utmost to identify and repudiate all actions that violated these principles.

The most important of these commentaries are those by Ibn Abd al-Wahhab in particular his book Kitab al-Tawhid, and the works of Ibn Taymiyyah. Ibn Abd al-Wahhab was a follower of Ahmad ibn Hanbal's school of fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence) like most in Nejd at the time, but "was opposed to any of the schools (Madh'hab) being taken as an absolute and unquestioned authority".

However Ibn Abd al-Wahhab did not totally condemn taqlid, or blind adherence, only at scholarly level in the face of a clear evidence or proof from a hadeeth or Qur`anic text.[22] Although Wahhabis are associated with the Hanbali school, early disputes did not center on fiqh and the belief that Wahhabism was borne of Hanbali thought has been called a "myth".[23][/b]

You can see that it does not advocate what you claim. If there are elements of Wahabis or any other sect that we need to control, no problem. Just stop trying with me, I know your game and can read your moves before you make them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahabism
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2012
Maclatunji,

i am aware you are not a dumb person.even if you try to fool us you are,i will not believe you.

did i say wahhabis do not pray? did i say they do not believe Allah is One and not fifty? did i say they dont believe in Quran? i am not after what devotion they carry out.

i want you to present to us from their sources on how tolerant,peaceful and loving these people are.when i open my Quran i read that if i am not offended or oppressed,i should not spread enmity because shaitan wants enemity among people.we are told to be law-abiding and not be trangressors.go into wahhabi texts and bring me teachings promoting peace.

see i did not discredit you for quoting from wikipedia.i did not also bring their violent teachings to oppose you or argue.those violent teachings are there and i will put them forth.now i am giving you the chance to defend them.innocent until proven guilty.you bring their texts that we should live in peace like we read in the Quran that among christians are good people for instance.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
LagosShia: Maclatunji,

i am aware you are not a dumb person.even if you try to fool us you are,i will not believe you.

did i say wahhabis do not pray? did i say they do not believe Allah is One and not fifty? did i say they dont believe in Quran? i am not after what devotion they carry out.

i want you to present to us from their sources on how tolerant,peaceful and loving these people are.when i open my Quran i read that if i am not offended or oppressed,i should not spread enmity because shaitan wants enemity among people.we are told to be law-abiding and not be trangressors.go into wahhabi texts and bring me teachings promoting peace.

see i did not discredit you for quoting from wikipedia.i did not also bring their violent teachings to oppose you or argue.those violent teachings are there and i will put them forth.now i am giving you the chance to defend them.innocent until proven guilty.you bring their texts that we should live in peace like we read in the Quran that among christians are good people for instance.

Have you performed Hajj? Do you intend to perform Hajj? Who are those in charge of organising pilgrimage? The Iraqi government? Abeg, I have told you the fundamental bit that you need to understand but if you want to continue with your Shia supremacy agenda, na you sabi. Saudi Arabia is a thousand times more peaceful than Nigeria. Yet, you have the liver to suggest its rulers are not peace-loving, please tell me something else?
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by tiarabubu: 1:31pm On Jun 21, 2012
maclatunji:

Hurray! Hurrah! Yihaa! Yahoo! Tiarabubu said something I agree with.

We might not say so but we all worry for Nigeria, our future and that of our children. wink
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2012
maclatunji:

Have you performed Hajj? Do you intend to perform Hajj? Who are those in charge of organising pilgrimage? The Iraqi government?
so organizing hajj has made them peaceful? thank God you mentioned hajj.how many times have saudi forces killed pilgrims in saudi arabia? have you heard of the 1987 hajj massacre of pilgrims?

Abeg, I have told you the fundamental bit that you need to understand but if you want to continue with your Shia supremacy agenda, na you sabi. Saudi Arabia is a thousand times more peaceful than Nigeria. Yet, you have the liver to suggest its rulers are not peace-loving, please tell me something else?

you are again running from the topic.

saudi arabia is peaceful if you are wahhabi.Nigeria too would be peaceful if the majority are wahhabis or do not oppose wahhabism/salafism like what boko haram is promoting.

the eastern province of saudi arabia,where the wealth of saudi arabia is found is majority Shia.are those Shia Saudis experiencing peace?

"Saudi Mufti calls for beheading opposition members"

is it not the same wahhabi kingdom that sent troops to kill protesters in bahrain?

is it not the same wahhabi kingdom that is sending terrorists into syria to destabilize syria and overthrow its government?

and who is sponsoring extremists in pakistan,iraq and afghanistan to carry out suicide bombing and sectarian killings?

"Suicide Bomber Auction for Syria in Saudi Arabia"

i am yet to bring forth texts from wahhabi/salafist texts promoting extremism and terrorism.i have taking my time before doing that.i am still waiting for Maclatunji to bring text from wahhabi/salafist books authored by their scholars that promote peace,tolerance and co-existence.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
^ I have already told you, if there are radical elements in any sect or group they should be addressed as that but Noooooo, LagosShia has to go on and on like a broken record. So predictable. Now, stick to the topic!
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by waja(m): 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
By fighting those terrorists that said they will make Nigeria ungovernable.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by 9jafreak: 1:59pm On Jun 21, 2012
How to Defeat Terrorism

[size=15pt]1. UNDERSTAND IT: Terrorism, like all zeal and fanaticism, is a product of EROS and THYMOS (indignation).
Unlike Christian fanatics, terrorists blame humans not Satan for all of man's moral decadence and corruption.'And HUMANS' simply means anybody who does not practice PURE ISLAM, including of course 'foolish Muslims' attracted to Western Liberalism and democracy.

2. SOLVE IT: In the long run, the ONLY solution to TERRORISM is MONASTISM and the re-creation of a personalized, ALL-BLAME attributing, combative Devil capable of defeat.
If they can be made to shout 'Fall down and die' endlessly like Christian fanatics they might actually leave real humans alone.
It will also help to give each of these 'Haters of this corrupt, disillusioned reality most of us admire' their 72 stunning virgins here on Mother Earth. If America has run out of virgins, Saudi Arabia can be called upon to fill the niche.
[/size]

Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by kaiter: 2:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
solicited for practical suggestions on what we ordinary Muslims can do to fight terrorism. Let's keep it at that please. [img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 21, 2012
Steps:

- Impeach GEJ..
- Call sovereign national conference, to redefine what Nigeria is, and who actually is a Nigerian..
- Go back to regional government.
- Decentralise power from the center.
- Rewrite the Nigerian constitution..

Finito!!

1 Like

Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by duality(m): 2:01pm On Jun 21, 2012
this is the kind of topic i want to see. topics where solutions can be proffered not topics aimed at insulting the presidency.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 2:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
kaiter: solicited for practical suggestions on what we ordinary Muslims can do to fight terrorism. Let's keep it at that please. [img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]

Guy, I see you.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2012
maclatunji: ^ I have already told you, if there are radical elements in any sect or group they should be addressed as that but Noooooo, LagosShia has to go on and on like a broken record. So predictable. Now, stick to the topic!

Maclatunji,since the topic is now sent o the front page where many would contribute and dilute the thread,let me point out the fundamental teachings in wahhabism/salafism that promote terrorism,extremism and intolerance by their founders.

let me quote from the write-up you quoted in wikipedia:

The most important of these commentaries are those by Ibn Abd al-Wahhab in particular his book Kitab al-Tawhid, and the works of Ibn Taymiyyah. Ibn Abd al-Wahhab was a follower of Ahmad ibn Hanbal's school of fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence) like most in Nejd at the time, but "was opposed to any of the schools (Madh'hab) being taken as an absolute and unquestioned authority".
in my next post i will present teachings by the founders of wahhabism aka salafism who are Ibn Taymiyyah and Ibn Abdul Wahhab.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by sadyeek(m): 2:08pm On Jun 21, 2012
[size=16pt]the real question is, are the people in position to fight it willing to? With the enormous money going into defence budget, its good enough reason for the selfish politicians to try to keep this going..

I just heard that sss got a tip that the boko leader is in some where in borno, but they sent a message to them from abuja not to arrest him.. According to el-rufai..
Can anyone else confirm this story?
[/size]
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 2:09pm On Jun 21, 2012
LagosShia:

Maclatunji,since the topic is now sent o the front page where many would contribute and dilute the thread,let me point out the fundamental teachings in wahhabism/salafism that promote terrorism,extremism and intolerance by their founders.

let me quote from the write-up you quoted in wikipedia:

in my next post i will present teachings by the founders of wahhabism aka salafism who are Ibn Taymiyyah and Ibn Abdul Wahhab.

The more reason I will actively enforce rules if you don't stick to them.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 2:10pm On Jun 21, 2012
let us see if it is true that wahhabi/salafi doctrines by the founder(s) do not propagate killing innocent people based on their beliefs contrary to the Quranic verse which says "there shall be no compulsion in religion" (2:256) and "And say: The truth is from your Lord, so let him who please believe, and let him who please disbelieve (Holy Quran 18:29)

i will start by giving you examples from the works of Ibn Taymiyyah since he preceeds Ibn Abdul-Wahab and the works of Ibn Taymiyyah are the basis for wahhabism/salafism:

First Ibn Taimiyah’s Fatwa - Those that reject Allah (swt)’s sitting on a throne should be executed

Ibn Taimiyah cascades the following teachings in his esteemed book Majmo’a al-Fatawa, Volume 5, page 391:
"Imam Aba Bakr Muhammad bin Ishaq bin Khuzaima said: ‘Whoever does not admit that Allah is sitting on a throne above the seventh sky, is a Kafir and his blood must be shed. He must be made to repent. Otherwise his neck must be struck and thrown into the garbage.’'

Second Ibn Taimiyah Fatwa - Those that reject that Allah (swt) will be seen in the next world should be executed

We read in Majmo’a al-Fatawa, Volume 6 page 500:
"Aba Abdillah said: ‘Whoever claims that Allah cannot be seen (by eye sight) in the hereafter, is a Kafir and has rejected Quran and replied Allah (sw). He must be made to repent. Otherwise he should be killed".

Third Ibn Taimiyah Fatwa - Those that recite Niya loudly during Salat should be executed

Majmo’a al-Fatawa, Volume 22 page 236:
"To recite the intention (niya) loudly is not permissible according to the Muslim scholars, nor did the Prophet (s), Caliphs or Sahaba, Salaf or Imams perform it. Whoever claims it is Wajib, he must be taught the law and then to repent from that opinion. If he insists on it then he must be killed".

Fourth Ibn Taimiyah Fatwa – You can kill or enslave your opponents

We read in Al-Seyasa al-Shari'a by ibn Taimiyah, page 159:
"Therefore the "Shari'a" ("divine law" ) made the killing of the disbelievers obligatory, but didn’t make obligatory the killing of those who are captured during fights or other than fights such as falling from a ship or getting lost or kidnapped. Thus, the imam decided that the best option is to be killed or enslaved".

Fifth Ibn Taimiyah Fatwa – Those that don’t believe that Allah (swt) physically spoke to Musa (as) and Jibril (as) should be executed

Majmo’a al-Fatawa, Volume 12 page 502:
Sheikh al-Islam, may Allah's mercy be upon him was asked:
"A man says that Allah didn’t talk to Musa by Himself but He created a voice from the tree’s side and Musa (as) heard from the tree not from Allah and also Allah didn’t talk to Gabriel by the Quran, but he (Gabriel) took it from the Guarded Tablet. Is he right or not?

He answered:
Praise to Allah, he is not right, nay, he is misguided and a liar according to the agreement of Salaf and the Imams. Nay he is a Kafir and must repent or otherwise be killed".

Sixth Ibn Taimiyah Fatwa – Those that believe that a traveler can perform the complete Salat should be executed

Majmo’a al-Fatawa, Volume 22 page 31:
"Who ever said that the traveler has to pray four raka, hence he is as the one who say that the traveler has to fast in Ramadhan, both of these (opinions) are misguidance, and contrary to the ijma of Muslims, the one who say it must to repent, if he doesn’t he must be killed".

Seventh Ibn Taimiyah Fatwa – Those that believe that Qur’an is created should be executed

"Nay it is known from the Salaf Imams that Takfir be issued against anyone that says that Quran is created he must repent or otherwise be killed".

Eighth Ibn Taimiyah Fatwa – Those that believe in adherence to a particular Imam should be executed

“Anyone who believes that the people have to follow one particular Imam amongst those Imams not the others, must made to repent otherwise be killed”

Nineth Ibn Taimiyah actually killed those who disagreed with him

"We read in Al-Uqood al-Duria by Ibn Abdulhadi al-Maqdisi, Volume 1 page 197:
Sheikh Taqi al-Deen may Allah be pleased with him marched to Kerwanin in the beginning of Dulhujja in year 704 H and in his company was the prince Qaraqush.

Prince Jamal al-Deen al-Afram the deputy of the kingdom marched with the rest of soldiers of Damascus in the month of Muharam, in the year 705 H to invade them and exterminate them, and before he marched, there were some troops which had marched before him.

Thursday in 17th of Dulhujja, the deputy and soldiers arrived at Damascus after Allah granted them victory over the error party of Rafidah, Nusairia and those who held false beliefs. And Allah exterminated them from that lands, praise to Allah the Lord of worlds".

And say: The truth is from your Lord, so let him who please believe, and let him who please disbelieve (Holy Quran 18:29)

There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error; (Holy Quran 2:256)

Contrary to this, ibn Taimiyah authored a single volume book "al-Sarem al-Maslool" comprising of 438 pages wherein he used:

-The word (kill) 978 times

-The word 'kafir' 56 times

-The word 'tourture' 48 times

-The word 'murtad' (apostate) 34 times

-The words 'his blood must be shed' 14 times

-The word 'behead' 8 times

-The word 'war' 7 times

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tyrannical Wahhabi Saudi Regime Shot And Arrested Dissident Ayatollah / Preparing For The Day Of Judgement By – Imaam Ibn Hajar Al-asqalani / Lailatul Qadr: It's Significance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.