Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

How Can We Fight Terrorism? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Can We Fight Terrorism? (7130 Views)

Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism / How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage / Fight Terrorism Jointly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by BlueMurder(m): 4:18pm On Jun 21, 2012
maclatunji:

Guy, this thread is enough to answer your questions in my opinion. I cannot attend to each and every question or request.

Yes it is. In addition, the web is a huge repository of information on Islam. He should surf it.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
nagoma: I am afraid , I have no knowledge of islamic sects and their history , what I wanted to contribute is down to earth situation in Nigeria, specifically Northern Nigeria regarding the sectarian fundamentalists Islam uprising.
In the current situation other Nigerians have a different agenda.They don't want to isolate the BH followers, perhaps about upto 500,000 total of them and their families. For political reasons they want every muslim northerner included as BH or BH sympatizer. This complicate matters and gives the sect time and opportunity to recruit followers. The presence of BH is clearly used by politicians and is also seen as an opportunity by the southern separatists of the oil producing SS and MASSOB of the EAST to divide |Nigeria for what they see as unlimitted affluence once oil is not shared in anyway with others. These are the complications and the usual concerted country led united and determined sincere effort to stop the violence is not there. Of course as I said in other postings, education and rule of law are the ultimate solutions to these episodic uprisings and killings.

You are right in saying people don't want to isolate the BH followers. You are wrong in blaming SS and MASSOB for that. The blame for harbouring BH lands squarely at the feet of the Sokoto Caliphate and other Muslim leaders in the North. These were the same ones who rose against similar groups in the past, according to u. SS and MASSOB cannot practically isolate BH since BH is, at this time, non-existent in their region. No point in dragging the SS and SE into this.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2012
rhymz: your problem is denial and intolerance to anyone willing to be honest to discuss the violent aspect of the islamic faith. You keep trying to shut anyone that says there are elements of the islamic faith that vaguely talks about faith conversion through the use of force and violence. Do you think it is a conincidence that most of the suicid terrorist act world over have been carried out by muslims whose interpretation of these vague verses inspired their act. Why do you like to pretend it does not exist? If you can't stand intellectual debates that explore aspect of your faith you are not too comfortable to discuss then dont contibute instead trying to shut others down.

Another place, another time.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 21, 2012
rhymz: your problem is denial and intolerance to anyone willing to be honest to discuss the violent aspect of the islamic faith. You keep trying to shut anyone that says there are elements of the islamic faith that vaguely talks about faith conversion through the use of force and violence. Do you think it is a conincidence that most of the suicid terrorist act world over have been carried out by muslims whose interpretation of these vague verses inspired their act. Why do you like to pretend it does not exist? If you can't stand intellectual debates that explore aspect of your faith you are not too comfortable to discuss then dont contibute instead trying to shut others down.

Good point. Some just prefer burying their head in the sand and blame FG, even though these Islam-based violent acts has been occurring in the North for decades. A key solution is tackling why Islam (or certain parts of it ) can be usurped by so many for violence against non-Muslims. Anyone that keeps ignoring this FACT is fooling himself or herself.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 5:09pm On Jun 21, 2012
TroGunn:

Good point. Some just prefer burying their head in the sand and blame FG, even though these Islam-based violent acts has been occurring in the North for decades. A key solution is tackling why Islam (or certain parts of it ) can be usurped by so many for violence against non-Muslims. Anyone that keeps ignoring this FACT is fooling himself or herself.

So in other words, we should allow Boko Haram to take over the country to justify your position. This is how it is properly done, deal effectively with criminals whilst you investigate and eliminate the sources of crime. You don't allow criminals to take over and then blame the source of crime.

As an individual, you are allowed to whine and complain all-you-want but a government is not allowed to do that. It is meant to act effectively as well as decisively- it must!
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by rhymz(m): 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
BlueMurder: A big thank you to all those who have taken out time to read the long post and offer suggestions. It is my hope that those who are in a position to do something about this ugly situation are actually viewing this thread and putting the suggestions to work.

I must say that we Muslims are very conservative. Thus we find it very difficult to criticise our leaders and call them to order. However, in dangerous situations like these, when Islam is being buffeted left, right and centre, i make bold to say that our leaders(both political and spiritual) have failed us. Infact, there seems to be a huge disconnect between them and us. Our political leaders have deviated from the true teachings of Islam. They now engage in, and promote rigging, thuggery, mindless looting, as well as deliberate suppression of human capacity and economic development. The result of these vices is the massive poverty, unemployment, underdevelopment and the attendant insecurity we now have in the north. While our political leaders are in an unholy race to hug the devil, most of our spiritual leaders have refused to call them to order due to greed and the love for filthy lucre.

We must start asking serious questions of our leaders. The rot they have been superintending over has now become a cancer. The Sultan of Sokoto, who is the spiritual leader of Muslims in Nigeria, must now dump his diplomatic toga, roll up his sleeves and start putting these people on their toes. He must work with the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs(SCIA), Jama'atul Bid'ah wa Iqamatus Sunnah(JIBWIS), the Tijjaniya Movement, and sundry other Islamic bodies, to isolate these terrorists and whoever they may be working for. They must do it now or be prepared to face the wrath of Allah for being complacent while deviants hide under the veil of Islam to unleash mayhem.
in order to find solution it is important that the origins of the BokoHaram sect is discussed for people to understand what is today known aa BokoHaram. I understand how much bad publicity the sect is giving to islam but the fact still remains that their ideology is rooted from the islamic holybooks perhaps misinterpreted though. Where I have problem with many a muslim is when they engage in outright denial of the obvious, they try so hard to claim that they have no link with the religion, they want to so quickly wish it away as a political group hiding behind their religion to gain relevance.
BokoHaram started in Borno state in 2002 with the full knowledge of the then state government, it was even alleged that one of the top financiers then was a commissioner for islamic affairs in his government. Boko Haram was founded as an indigenous Salafist group, turning itself into a Salafist Jihadist group in 2009. From the little I have read about the Salafist group, it is a sunni muslim group with wahhabist ideology. This brings us to the question of how many ideologies do we have in islam? Lagoshia was doing a good job educating us on these different ideologies and why majority of the muslim faithfuls consider thier ideology inimical until the all-knowing MacLatunji who is more interested ignoring the facts that muslims will have to play their own part in solving the problem, instead he is more fixated on whinning about Jonathan. Anyway, I am in the middle of work right now but I shall join this topic soon after I am done, I think it is going to be educative especially to those of us that are not muslims, I like to know the views of my muslim brothers, they have been too silent for long.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by rhymz(m): 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
TroGunn:

You are right in saying people don't want to isolate the BH followers. You are wrong in blaming SS and MASSOB for that. The blame for harbouring BH lands squarely at the feet of the Sokoto Caliphate and other Muslim leaders in the North. These were the same ones who rose against similar groups in the past, according to u. SS and MASSOB cannot practically isolate BH since BH is, at this time, non-existent in their region. No point in dragging the SS and SE into this.
One thing I have noticed with most muslim is their willingness to deny glaring facts but rather dwell on speculative BS that distracts from the main issues. Nobody is saying every northern muslim is a BokoHaram apologist but it is a known fact that BokoHarm has sympathizers both amongst political leaders and religious leaders. They wont be so successful if they are not getting both subtle moral and financial support from these apologists.
The OP even buttress my point when he made mention of the muslim leader that was killed earlier on for being the lone voice of dissent. I am presently in Sokoto, and sometimes, I wonder how Sokoto which arguably has like 90% muslims with a sultan that is the supreme leader has not witnessed any terrorist attack. Obviously, it is not as a result of superior security put in place neither does it have to with the respect the BH boys have for the sultan like some people in sokoto argue atimes. The only explanation to such will be because the leadership especially the sultan has not get in their way or condemn them for their acts, they have probably misconstrued their reticence as support and saw no need to attack their states.
No matter how anyone tries to put it, the BokoHarma problem is multi-faceted, it has both religious and poltical dimensions that we must all look at.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by abbey621(m): 6:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
rhymz: One thing I have noticed with most muslim is their willingness to deny glaring facts but rather dwell on speculative BS that distracts from the main issues. Nobody is saying every northern muslim is a BokoHaram apologist but it is a known fact that BokoHarm has sympathizers both amongst political leaders and religious leaders. They wont be so successful if they are not getting both subtle moral and financial support from these apologists.
The OP even buttress my point when he made mention of the muslim leader that was killed earlier on for being the lone voice of dissent. I am presently in Sokoto, and sometimes, I wonder how Sokoto which arguably has like 90% muslims with a sultan that is the supreme leader has not witnessed any terrorist attack. Obviously, it is not as a result of superior security put in place neither does it have to with the respect the BH boys have for the sultan like some people in sokoto argue atimes. The only explanation to such will be because the leadership especially the sultan has not get in their way or condemn them for their acts, they have probably misconstrued their reticence as support and saw no need to attack their states.
No matter how anyone tries to put it, the BokoHarma problem is multi-faceted, it has both religious and poltical dimensions that we must all look at.

You make a good point, but what it all boils down to is the government. The number one duty of the government is to protect the citizens and maintain the rule of law. The Nigerian government has chosen to play politics with the lives of people, what I don't understand is how people can blame Islam, when the more prudent blame lies in front of them, Nigeria is the only country that I know that would protest against fuel subsidy removal, renaming of an institution but refuse to protest corruption within the government, the senseless killings of citizens and the outright disregard of human lives. Let's put this religious crap aside and face the truth, if the people refuse to rise against the government, then we all should prepare for total destruction!
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 6:39pm On Jun 21, 2012
abbey621:

You make a good point, but what it all boils down to is the government. The number one duty of the government is to protect the citizens and maintain the rule of law. The Nigerian government has chosen to play politics with the lives of people, what I don't understand is how people can blame Islam, when the more prudent blame lies in front of them, Nigeria is the only country that I know that would protest against fuel subsidy removal, renaming of an institution but refuse to protest corruption within the government, the senseless killings of citizens and the outright disregard of human lives. Let's put this religious crap aside and face the truth, if the people refuse to rise against the government, then we all should prepare for total destruction!

Tell me about it. If you like, let the devil invade your country- It is the duty of the government to eliminate him and not to tell us how evil the devil is. Do you really think Boko Haram will be half-as-prominent as this if Obasanjo, Donald Duke, Tinubu, Fashola or even David Mark were President? They and their ideology would be chilling by now. It is not about brute force but about resolute and determined leadership.

Compare GEJ's speeches to those of Oshiomole, which inspires confidence and which one makes you want to cry with disappointment?
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by ib0221: 6:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
This is what we should be suggesting not insult and stone throwing.
To check terrorism, let there be equity and justice in the spirit of fiscal federalism.
Truth be told: the buck stops at the desk of Mr. President, he should consult the sultan and his chieftains n if necessary beg him. i keep on saying SULTANATE is a strongest factor in Nigeria. Then he has to take steps he is afraid of or just delegates his authority n close his eyes until the job is done.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by ronkebp(f): 7:04pm On Jun 21, 2012
I think the only thing is for GEJ to step down...if boko-haramites says they will stop harming the Nation if he resigns, i think that should be his aim, "to save lives" and not root himself in aso-rock for no reason. He is obviously doing nothing, his resignation would be remembered by all, that will be the best thing he has done so far for Nigeria.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by proo212(m): 7:21pm On Jun 21, 2012
Maclatunji, Bluemurder, this thread has not answered my questions. I'm not one of those who will take your weak or muddled explanations.

This has nothing to do with GEJ stepping up or down. Some on here have spoken like it is. How about the Malian uprising? Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Sudan? Presently Syria? This is a battle of ideology and imposition of regimes sympathetic to the implementation of Sharia law as a system of government.

Unfortunate for GEJ to be president at the present time. OBJ wouldn't have done any better after all northern states implemented sharia law during his regime.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 21, 2012
First thing first, tell GEJ to name Boko Haram sponsors then we can take it from there.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by Zhulfiqar1: 8:08pm On Jun 21, 2012
LagosShia was doing a fine job by bringing the facts about wahhabism which is referred to as salafism outside of Saudi Arabia.but as usual Maclatunji came in to threaten him with ban to censor him.that is unfair.alqaeda,taliban,boko haram,and all those blood thirsty groups have one thing in common:the wahhabist ideology.LagosShia understands well that non-muslims generally see all Muslims as the same when in fact the wahabists are a very tiny minority that is very lethal and damaging to the image of Muslims.the wahhabi movement is within Sunni Islam.while many Sunnis are innocent of it,yet it is the Sunnis that are very vulnerable to their brainwashing and un-islamic teachings.Islam is indeed peace and promotes tolerance and co-existence when one studies the Quran deeply and get an undertstanding.we Muslims have to speak up and let the world know that the wahhabi are not supported by the overwhelming majority of Muslims.rather they are giving us a bad name.in fact because of the wahhabi terrorism,muslims that genuinely have a cause to fight for like those in palestine and lebanon fighting against israeli occupation of their land are blackmailed because they are muslims.now even those in places like palestine and lebanon fighting for their rights are referred to unjustly as terrorists because of those terrorist groups that have the wahhabi ideology.the wahhabi are also helping the west and enemies of muslims by giving Islam a bad name.in afghanistan,it was the CIA that made alqaeda and the americans trained wahhabi fighters before later they turned against america.this is not secret:

"Hilary Clinton Confesses :"We Funded The Wahhabis We Are Fighting Today"
https://www.nairaland.com/863512/hilary-clinton-confesses-we-funded

and for those who do not know,there are two main denominations in Islam:Sunni and Shia.when you listen to news,you hear that Shia Muslims are killed in sectarian violence in Iraq,Pakistan and Afghanistan,and now in Syria,it is wahhabi groups (some sponsored with Saudi petro-dollars) that carry out these killings.they do suicide bombing and beheadings.i have opened a thread myself to keeep track of the almost daily killings of Shia Muslims by these wahhabi terrorist groups:
"A Timeline Of Sectarian Terrorism Against Shia Muslims"
https://www.nairaland.com/961495/timeline-sectarian-terrorism-against-shia

you never hear a Shia Muslim or even a normal regular and mainstream Sunni carrying out sectarian killings,suicide bombings of places of worship,and beheadings.it is always those who are wahhabi (salafist) oriented or influenced Sunnis.Sunnis are easy prey because the wahhabiyyah (salafist) movement is within Sunni Islam and opposed to Shia Islam.the salasfists do recognize themselves as Sunnis.

boko haram's name is "ahlus-sunnah lidawati wal jihad".that means:"Sunnis for the promotion of progations and jihad".boko haram itself is either wahhabi oriented,influenced or sponsored (most likely by saudi wahhabi petro-dollars).initially i heard their leader Muhammad Yusuf became a Shia Muslim.but when he saw that in Shia Islam not any riff-raff or pseudo-scholar can declare jihad and wage war,he turned to salafism.he intially thought that because Shia Islam has a culture of martyrdom in regards to the tragedy of Karbala,he could use that to kill innocent people.obviously,his ideas were not supported by the Shia because in Shia Islam it is only the scholars of the highest eminence known as marja-at-taqlid who give fatwas and order or support jihad.and the marja-at-taqlid are a recognizable handful of respected scholars.they are identifiable and respected.they abide by the Quranic verse of "no compulsion in religion".
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 9:42pm On Jun 21, 2012
I have banned you for your lack of decorum and intolerance, it is people like you that are the problem across all groups. Everybody must follow your way or they are 'weak' 'hypocrites' or 'unworthy'. I will not stoop to your level of Sunni/Shia pettiness but you will get what is due to you if you cross the boundaries that we all have to abide by on this forum. If you like go on your spamming campaign again (the beginnings of e-terrorism). You will meet me ready to deal with any aberrant behaviour on your part.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 21, 2012
maclatunji:

So in other words, we should allow Boko Haram to take over the country to justify your position. This is how it is properly done, deal effectively with criminals whilst you investigate and eliminate the sources of crime. You don't allow criminals to take over and then blame the source of crime.

As an individual, you are allowed to whine and complain all-you-want but a government is not allowed to do that. It is meant to act effectively as well as decisively- it must!

The problem with you is that you are a big hypocrite. When people like you harbor and assist BH, just so that you can turn round and blame govt, how can the efforts of the Police and SSS bear fruit? A good number of your likes in the North would rather support or pretend not to know who the killers are in your midst. Afteral they are mostly attacking non-Muslims. It's no different from what happened to the US in Iraq. Even with a well trained force, they got killed here and there and suicide bombing was the order of the day. A military unit will always struggle to make impact when the populace is against it. The govt can only do what it can.

You are all hoping GEJ will be forced out, hence the lack of will to sort out the real issue, but it's just unlikely to happen. And daily theNorth gets destroyed more and more. Unless and until you guys decide to fish out the evil among you, the violence there will continue. Take my word for it. Even if US troops were to land in the North, they'll be unable to quench this violence by force. Iraq and Afghanistan makes this very clear.

And I thought this thread was about what Muslims can do to help. I see it's really about FG bashing. Goodluck
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
TroGunn:

The problem with you is that you are a big hypocrite. When people like you harbor and assist BH, just so that you can turn round and blame govt, how can the efforts of the Police and SSS bear fruit? A good number of your likes in the North would rather support or pretend not to know who the killers are in your midst. Afteral they are mostly attacking non-Muslims. It's no different from what happened to the US in Iraq. Even with a well trained force, they got killed here and there and suicide bombing was the order of the day. A military unit will always struggle to make impact when the populace is against it. The govt can only do what it can.

You are all hoping GEJ will be forced out, hence the lack of will to sort out the real issue, but it's just unlikely to happen. And daily theNorth gets destroyed more and more. Unless and until you guys decide to fish out the evil among you, the violence there will continue. Take my word for it. Even if US troops were to land in the North, they'll be unable cannot quench this violence by force. Iraq and Afghanistan makes this very clear.

And I thought this thread was about what Muslims can do to help. I see it's really about FG bashing. Goodluck

On the contrary, my shallow-minded co-debater, I have no interest in pushing GEJ out of power. However, no matter how hard we try to cover-up his inadequacies as a leader, they're all too glaring to see and they are costing people's lives- it is not until one of our own gets hurt that we must speak-out. The late Levi Ajunoma fought hard to defend the system and now that he is no more, it is the same system that will connive to deny his soul and his family justice! Isn't that ironic?

I will be the first to promote and praise GEJ if he delivers but biko- he doesn't have it!
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 21, 2012
maclatunji:

On the contrary, my shallow-minded co-debater, I have no interest in pushing GEJ out of power. However, no matter how hard we try to cover-up his inadequacies as a leader, they're all too glaring to see and they are costing people's lives- it is not until one of our own gets hurt that we must speak-out. The late Levi Ajunoma fought hard to defend the system and now that he is no more, it is the same system that will connive to deny his soul and his family justice! Isn't that ironic?

I will be the first to promote and praise GEJ if he delivers but biko- he doesn't have it!

GEJ is a failure agreed. Am more irked by him not fighting corruption more strongly, just like the late Yaradua. But i can't blame GEJ too much over BH because I've seen it's a tough problem to solve. As recent history shows, even a better trained military force will struggle with the suicide bombing and IEDs there.
What puzzles me is the reaction of the masses and leaders in the North. Instead of helping themselves, all we hear, from some NLanders to El Rufai, GMB and Caliphate is whining how the FG is not helping them. Are they accepting that the North cannot rid itself of thisviolence without GEJ's help? Are they really saying that? Then the Northern lot are weaker than the GEJ they so love to abuse. Even Dan Fodio would be ashamed.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by rhymz(m): 10:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
Thank God some honest Muslims are begining to speak up, once again you guys are the hope of Islam and the true representative of your religion.
@Fiqa
You said there are two groups in Islam, the Shia and the Sunnis but did not tell us the difference between them. I have always thought the Sunni and Shia classifications of islam were based on tribal colourations, perhaps, I am wrong.
Also, I have heard a lot about this Wahhabi ideology but do not understand how radically different it is from conventional islamic teachings. Is the premise of their ideology different from what is stipulated in the Koran. Let's not forget that there exist verses in the koran and hadith that exhaustively support jihadist act on unbelievers, verses that openly encourage islamic faithfuls to be violently hostile to unbelievers even without provocations. Were these verses exclusively added to the koran and hadith or better still are there other abridged versions of the koran and hadith that do not carry this verses or explain them in a less combative manner as opposed to what is actually case.
I asked these because one finds out that most times when muslims are openly confronted with these portion of their holy book they become defensive and sometimes dismissive without addressing the question.
Like Trogun once asked, why is it so easy for radicals and fundamentalist to hijack the Koran and interprete it in a way that supports their act, why is it so easy to do so?
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 10:39pm On Jun 21, 2012
maclatunji: I have banned you for your lack of decorum and intolerance, it is people like you that are the problem across all groups. Everybody must follow your way or they are 'weak' 'hypocrites' or 'unworthy'. I will not stoop to your level of Sunni/Shia pettiness but you will get what is due to you if you cross the boundaries that we all have to abide by on this forum. If you like go on your spamming campaign again (the beginnings of e-terrorism). You will meet me ready to deal with any aberrant behaviour on your part.

yes you have banned him and then what?

you are of the habit of banning people for saying it as it is especially when the perpetrators of terror among Muslims are identified and named.why do you defend them?

you are saying everyone must follow our way or else he is hypocrite and unworthy.wont you comment and tell us what you think about those you are defending in the below thread?now they are the ones talking and showing their true intentions.it is not us (Shia) accusing them.they are the ones talking.won't you condemn them?please do not ignore the below thread someone just created.i want to hear what you have to say.prove your honesty and worth.

"Egypt Presidential Candidate Said That The Shiites Are More Dangerous Than Jews":
https://www.nairaland.com/970957/egypt-presidential-candidate-said-shiites
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
rhymz: Thank God some honest Muslims are begining to speak up, once again you guys are the hope of Islam and the true representative of your religion.
@Fiqa
You said there are two groups in Islam, the Shia and the Sunnis but did not tell us the difference between them. I have always thought the Sunni and Shia classifications of islam were based on tribal colourations, perhaps, I am wrong.
Also, I have heard a lot about this Wahhabi ideology but do not understand how radically different it is from conventional islamic teachings. Is the premise of their ideology different from what is stipulated in the Koran. Let's not forget that there exist verses in the koran and hadith that exhaustively support jihadist act on unbelievers, verses that openly encourage islamic faithfuls to be violently hostile to unbelievers even without provocations. Were these verses exclusively added to the koran and hadith or better still are there other abridged versions of the koran and hadith that do not carry this verses or explain them in a less combative manner as opposed to what is actually case.
I asked these because one finds out that most times when muslims are openly confronted with these portion of their holy book they become defensive and sometimes dismissive without addressing the question.
Like Trogun once asked, why is it so easy for radicals and fundamentalist to hijack the Koran and interprete it in a way that supports their act, why is it so easy to do so?

for fear of being banned,i'd advice you to review the thread from page no.1.you'd get your answers.Maclatunji is practicing wahhabism and censoring others on nairaland.wahhabism is differnt from Islamic teachings as in the Quran.it is wahhabi teachings that makes it looks like everyone that does not believe as we do must be killed.Islam does not teach that.jihad in Islam is for defending the oppressed only.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by rhymz(m): 11:06pm On Jun 21, 2012
LagosShia:

for fear of being banned,i'd advice you to review the thread from page no.1.you'd get your answers.Maclatunji is practicing wahhabism and censoring others on nairaland.wahhabism is differnt from Islamic teachings as in the Quran.it is wahhabi teachings that makes it looks like everyone that does not believe as we do must be killed.Islam does not teach that.jihad in Islam is for defending the oppressed only.
Is MacLatunji a Mod? So he is now using his mod status to silence opposition, nonsense!!! I dont give a 4ck. . Let him sue me, And seriously, if I notice him promoting any ideology here that supports the BokoHaram ideology, he wont find it funny the extent I will go to stop him.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 12:11am On Jun 22, 2012
LWKMD, rhymz have you heard of the term smooth operator? You are in the hands of one called LagosShia. The dude is an agent, if you want to catch him ask him to criticize the crackdown in Syria or critique the Islamic Republic of Iran. He will write you the longest epistles you have ever seen and do anything but address the topic.

I would not be a moderator here if I am bad or evil as ever-so-dramatic LagosShia would have you belief. I am a Muslim and stand for balance on all sides. LagosShia and his fellow agents are on a 'hearts and minds' campaign. They will tell you all the things you want to hear so that you may call them 'what Muslims should be'.

Know one thing, anyone who is eager to please you as a Christian in terms of pacifying your perception of Islam is pulling a fast one on you. Israel and the United States are so close to fighting a battle against Iran and you are here embracing their agent. I laugh in Swahili. People like me are Muslims without care for classification as Sunni or Shia. I do not support terrorism or attacking Iran. I seek the middle course. As for the Muslim Brotherhood candidate, from your antecedents here, he knows what he is talking about.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 1:48am On Jun 22, 2012
maclatunji: LWKMD, rhymz have you heard of the term smooth operator? You are in the hands of one called LagosShia. The dude is an agent, if you want to catch him ask him to criticize the crackdown in Syria or critique the Islamic Republic of Iran. He will write you the longest epistles you have ever seen and do anything but address the topic.
you are so full of yourself.you ban people at will and also call them names and label them as you wish.you stink of wahhabism.wahhabis are good at labelling by calling other Muslims "mushrik" (idolaters).may be you are a saudi agent for wahhabism.it is not new when someone says the truth.for your info,i have also once being called an Israeli agent for the MOSSAD.it is not new when one speaks the truth.

i do sympathize with the iranians because Iran is a Shia Muslim country and gives us Shia Muslims around the world moral support at least and makes us proud.i am not ashame of that.however,there is no way Iran speaks for all Shia Muslims.there are Shia Muslims who do not necessarily like Iran.and the iranian or syrian regime are far from perfect as all human governments led by fallible beings.yet still,they are way better than saudi arabia and the wahhabis.they do not send suicide bombers to kill others as we witnessed that in the saudi suicide bombing auction (video on youtube).nor do they seek to convert the world to Islam by force or kill them all.

let others be judge and examine the menace of wahhabism and the saudi interference in Syria to topple the syrian regime by exporting wahhabi suicide bombers.here is the thread on syria you are perhaps refering to:

https://www.nairaland.com/948839/silence-betrayal-houlamassacre-syria/2

I would not be a moderator here if I am bad or evil as ever-so-dramatic LagosShia would have you belief. I am a Muslim and stand for balance on all sides. LagosShia and his fellow agents are on a 'hearts and minds' campaign. They will tell you all the things you want to hear so that you may call them 'what Muslims should be'.
my friend,i am here to convince a die-hard Wahhabi wannabe like yourself to see the truth.i am not either ashamed that i am here using reasoning,facts,logic and persuasion to convince you.you have banned us many times for simply speaking the truth and propagating our religious views.how many times have i banned you or threatened you as a typical wahhabi aka salafist would do?i use words to defend myself and not any weapon other than words.i am not either hiding the fact that i was once Sunni like yourself who did not know i was Sunni even when all my practices and beliefs were Sunni.actually that is the pitiable state of ignorance Muslims in Nigeria find themselves in.and when someone like me who has come through this experience try to teach them they feel threatened by the prospect of change or correction.i am not ashamed to declare and proudly so that Islam can only be practiced and observed and believed correctly free from misguidance and error when one is Shia or follows the Shia school of thought.all the other ideologies or schools conflict either with the Quran or Islamic teachings generally in one or more ways.so dont let your ego or tricks deceive you that you can tarnish my image which i am proud of.

i am not like you who does not want to talk about certain "taboos"; and you instead ban people for speaking out.

Know one thing, anyone who is eager to please you as a Christian in terms of pacifying your perception of Islam is pulling a fast one on you. Israel and the United States are so close to fighting a battle against Iran and you are here embracing their agent. I laugh in Swahili. People like me are Muslims without care for classification as Sunni or Shia. I do not support terrorism or attacking Iran. I seek the middle course. As for the Muslim Brotherhood candidate, from your antecedents here, he knows what he is talking about.

oh yeah!play divide and rule.

Israel is a jewish state.USA is not a christian country.and i am sure those two states are playing with sentiments to win support against Iran,a country that seeks peaceful nuclear technology.these same two countries possess thousands of nuclear warheads while they deny and play politics with peaceful nuclear program of iran.you forgot to mention that Israel hates Iran so much because Iran opposes the maltreatment of Sunni palestinians and the occupation of their land.Iran is afterall not blinded by sectarian hatred like the wahhabi saudis are displaying in syria.

what you forgot to tell him is that the best allies of israel and the united states in the arab and muslim world,are the wahhabi kingdoms of saudi arabia and qatar.and do you really think those two countries-israel and USA- care about christians or anything other than their selfish-imperialistic interests? was it not the USA that sponsored wahhabi fighters in afghanistan (to make use of their deadly ideology against the soviets) and created alqaeda before things went bad with the group?
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by abbey621(m): 4:41am On Jun 22, 2012
oh yeah!play divide and rule.

Israel is a jewish state.USA is not a christian country.and i am sure those two states are playing with sentiments to win support against Iran,a country that seeks peaceful nuclear technology.these same two countries possess thousands of nuclear warheads while they deny and play politics with peaceful nuclear program of iran.you forgot to mention that Israel hates Iran so much because Iran opposes the maltreatment of Sunni palestinians and the occupation of their land.Iran is afterall not blinded by sectarian hatred like the wahhabi saudis are displaying in syria.

what you forgot to tell him is that the best allies of israel and the united states in the arab and muslim world,are the wahhabi kingdoms of saudi arabia and qatar.and do you really think those two countries-israel and USA- care about christians or anything other than their selfish-imperialistic interests? was it not the USA that sponsored wahhabi fighters in afghanistan (to make use of their deadly ideology against the soviets) and created alqaeda before things went bad with the group?

It's unfortunate you let your emotions cloud your sense of reasoning, how can you put peaceful and nuclear together in the same sentence, also by openly criticizing U.S.A and Israel, you are sounding more and more like those idiotic Boko Haram, who oppose western influences and yet make use of westernized technologies. You cannot claim to oppose terrorism or Boko Haram and at the same time oppose western influences, so where do you stand exactly? What differentiates you from members of the radical group?
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by rhymz(m): 6:32am On Jun 22, 2012
Both Sunni and Shia Muslims share
the most fundamental Islamic beliefs and
articles of faith. The differences between
these two main sub-groups within Islam
initially stemmed not from spiritual
differences, but political ones. Over the
centuries, however, these political
differences have spawned a number of
varying practices and positions which have
come to carry a spiritual significance.
Origins - A Question of Leadership
The division between Shia and Sunni dates
back to the death of the Prophet
Muhammad, and the question of who was
to take over the leadership of the Muslim
nation. Sunni Muslims agree with the
position taken by many of the Prophet's
companions, that the new leader should be
elected from among those capable of the
job. This is what was done, and the Prophet
Muhammad's close friend and advisor, Abu
Bakr, became the first Caliph of the Islamic
nation. The word "Sunni" in Arabic comes
from a word meaning "one who follows the
traditions of the Prophet."
On the other hand, some Muslims share the
belief that leadership should have stayed
within the Prophet's own family, among
those specifically appointed by him, or
among Imams appointed by God Himself.
The Shia Muslims believe that following the
Prophet Muhammad's death, leadership
should have passed directly to his cousin/
son-in-law,Ali bin Abu Talib. Throughout
history, Shia Muslims have not recognized
the authority of elected Muslim leaders,
choosing instead to follow a line of Imams
which they believe have been appointed by
the Prophet Muhammad or God Himself. The
word "Shia" in Arabic means a group or
supportive party of people. The commonly-
known term is shortened from the historical
"Shia-t-Ali," or "the Party of Ali." They are
also known as followers of "Ahl-al-Bayt" or
"People of the Household" (of the Prophet).
Distribution
Sunni Muslims make up the majority (85%)
of Muslims all over the world. Significant
populations of Shia Muslims can be found in
Iran and Iraq, and large minority
communities in Yemen, Bahrain, Syria, and
Lebanon.
Differences in Religious Practice
From this initial question of political
leadership, some aspects of spiritual life
have been affected and now differ
between the two groups of Muslims.
It is important to remember that despite
these differences in opinion and practice,
Shia and Sunni Muslims share the main
articles of Islamic belief and are considered
by most to be brethren in faith. In fact, most
Muslims do not distinguish themselves by
claiming membership in any particular
group, but prefer to call themselves simply,
"Muslims."
Religious Leadership
Shia Muslims believe that the Imam is sinless
by nature, and that his authority is infallible
as it comes directly from God. Therefore,
Shia Muslims often venerate the Imams as
saints and perform pilgrimages to their
tombs and shrines in the hopes of divine
intercession.
Sunni Muslims counter that there is no basis
in Islam for a hereditary privileged class of
spiritual leaders, and certainly no basis for
the veneration or intercession of saints.
Sunni Muslims contend that leadership of
the community is not a birthright, but a
trust that is earned and which may be given
or taken away by the people themselves.
Religious Texts and Practices
Shia Muslims also feel animosity towards
some of the companions of the Prophet
Muhammad, based on their positions and
actions during the early years of discord
about leadership in the community. Many of
these companions (Abu Bakr, Umar ibn Al
Khattab, Aisha, etc.) have narrated traditions
about the Prophet's life and spiritual
practice. Shia Muslims reject these traditions
(hadith) and do not base any of their
religious practices on the testimony of
these individuals. This naturally gives rise to
some differences in religious practice
between the two groups. These differences
touch all detailed aspects of religious life:
prayer, fasting, pilgrimage, etc.
For more detailed information about the
historical context of the Shia/Sunni split,
and modern-day interpretations and
repercussions, please visit the links below.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by rhymz(m): 8:11am On Jun 22, 2012
Apparently, the difference between Sunni and Shia Muslims stemmed from political leadership. While one supports leadership from from Mo's assistants and comrades chosen by the people upon Mo's death, the other would rather it be a hereditary thing, they would rather the leadership go to Mo's cousin. This is all where it began, right? Also, majority of muslims follow the sunni islam ideology and leadership. Could that be the reason it is so easy for the faithfuls to usurp the Koran and use it to perform acts of terrorism? We need more explanations. And how come the wahhabi ideology is prevalent with the Sunni islam?
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 8:56am On Jun 22, 2012
rhymz: Apparently, the difference between Sunni and Shia Muslims stemmed from political leadership. While one supports leadership from from Mo's assistants and comrades chosen by the people upon Mo's death, the other would rather it be a hereditary thing, they would rather the leadership go to Mo's cousin. This is all where it began, right? Also, majority of muslims follow the sunni islam ideology and leadership. Could that be the reason it is so easy for the faithfuls to usurp the Koran and use it to perform acts of terrorism? We need more explanations. And how come the wahhabi ideology is prevalent with the Sunni islam?

Thank you, I have always said that the Islam that the Prophet (PBUH) taught is still here- I have little or no business with politics. Like I have shown on this thread, extremism can come in many shapes and forms, the descendants of the founders of Wahabism are in power in Saudi Arabia and they deal decisively with Al Qaeda elements in sometimes heavy battles. LagosShia would rather that we lump them altogether as one and the same. We can point negatives about the Saudi government but we can learn two things from them: Govern your country effectively and do not toy with your security. If the Nigerian government can do these two things, Boko Haram will die a natural death and Nigeria will move forward. Any other thing outside of this is an exercise in futility.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ruling on Saying the Takbeer (Allaahu Akbar) loudly behind the Imam / Telling Your Brothers And Friends You Love Them Is A Sunnah / Islam Vs Feminism: Equity or Equality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.