Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

How Can We Fight Terrorism? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Can We Fight Terrorism? (7129 Views)

Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism / How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage / Fight Terrorism Jointly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 2:10pm On Jun 21, 2012
shymmex: Steps:

- Impeach GEJ..
- Call sovereign national conference, to redefine what Nigeria is, and who actually is a Nigerian..
- Go back to regional government.
- Decentralise power from the center.
- Rewrite the Nigerian constitution..

Finito!!

Easier said than done.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by Orikinla(m): 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
By getting rid of all the lunatic fringe of sectarianism, racism and tribalism in our midst.
We know them, because they live among us.

[size=18pt]Again, poor people who cannot prove their capacity to raise a family with enough financial security for the feeding, education and welfare of children must not be allowed to have children until they are certified and qualified to do so. Because poor couples have been breeding poor children who often grow up as antisocial elements and end up as recruits for political gangsters and political terrorists, kidnappers and armed robbers.[/size]
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2012
maclatunji:

The more reason I will actively enforce rules if you don't stick to them.

there is no problem if you enforce rules,so far as you cite out the rule i have violated.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by SegunAdeleke: 2:14pm On Jun 21, 2012
D solutions lays in d hands of our past leaders, because they ar d 1 sponsorin d terrorists. Hav u ever heard dt US, dialogue wit terrorsts b4 ? Is only nigeria, dat pampard terrorist and tak dem wit presidential jet 2 abuja.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by Joey82(m): 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2012
I think the op started a fine thread soliciting for practical solutions and all we've ended up debating so far is the various factions that exist in islam which at all is no solution to our current plight.
I think pdp needs to be seriously questioned.
this may sound absurd to a lot of us but to be honest, i think boko haram is a pdp agenda.
they have bombed churches, police commands, the media, schools, markets etc. the funny thing is they (boko) also pronounce government as a common enemy and this government is run by pdp.
why havnt we asked ourselves why non of pdp facilities is ever touched.
go to locations where these bombings are prevalent, pdp's beautiful state secretariats still stand tall waving their goddamn flags, why are they never touched?
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by lacasa: 2:17pm On Jun 21, 2012
waja: By fighting those terrorists that said they will make Nigeria ungovernable.

Kindly name them anϑ pprove they said it with references.

Cos one can't make an accusation without evidence τ̅o back it up

Thankyou
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 2:17pm On Jun 21, 2012
please refer to the below posts by a brother to me,to get acquainted with Ibn Abdul-Wahab's (founder of wahhabism) teachings that promote extremism,intolerance and terrorism:

Zhul-fiqar:

Sheikh Ibn Abdul-Wahab,the founder of wahhabism slaughtered the people of Ta'if (a city in present-day saudi arabia).his disciple,Ibn Saud slaughtered the people of Karbala (a holy city in Iraq).is there any difference between him and the ones presently carrying out these massacres?

you can look at these Sunni website exposing wahhabism(referred to as salafism outside saudi arabia),its founders and scholars :

http://www.correctislamicfaith.com/foundersofsalafism.htm

http://www.sunnah.org/aqida/cape_town_wahabi/wahabi_menace_capetown.htm

Zhul-fiqar:
an excerpt from:
http://www.sunnah.org/aqida/cape_town_wahabi/wahabi_menace_capetown.htm

"Undoubtedly, one of the worst abominations perpetrated by the Wahhabis under the leadership of Ibn Abd al-Wahhab was the massacre of the people of Taif. They killed everyone in sight, slaughtering child and adult, ruler and ruled, lowly and high-born. They began with a suckling child nursing at his mother’s breast and moved on to a group studying the Qur’an, slaying all of them, down to the last man. When they had wiped out the people in the houses, they went into the streets, the shops and the mosques, killing whoever happened to be there. They even killed people in prayer until they had annihilated every Muslim in Taif and until only some twenty or more people remained…

The Wahhabis cast books into the streets to be blown to and fro, including copies of the Qur’an, volumes of Bukhari, Muslim and other canonical collections of hadith, and books of fiqh, all amounting to thousands. Books remained in the streets for several days, trampled on by the Wahhabis. Not one among them made the slightest attempt to remove even one page of the Qur’an from under foot and preserve it from the ignominy and disrespect of this display. Then they destroyed the houses and made what was once a town into a barren wasteland. This happened in the Hijra Year, 1217 (Jamal Effendi
al-Sidqi al-Zahawi, Al-Fajr al-Sadiq).

Our own Shaykh Ahmad Behardien had to escape from Mecca in his pyjamas when the Wahhabis came into the city, and into Medinah, to slaughter the scholars. One of the teachers of Shaykh Muhammad Salih of the Azzawiyyah was
decapitated on Jabal-Qubais when the Wahhabis took over Mecca. Those in our community who stealthily preach the teachings of the Wahhabis have this kind of barbarism as their origins. And they have inherited on their hands the
blood of the Muslims slaughtered by these people. This is their heritage. Look at your hands, O heedless people (as my shaykh would say)! Look at the blood of the innocents on your hands next time you preach, and write to the local press. Come, look, and say you are not part of this barbarism! Come, you say we practice innovations! Come, show us that the slaughter of Muslims by Muslims is part of the Sunnah! If I were one of you, I would not want to show my face in public. I would be too ashamed. You have no shame! You come into our community under false pretences, and preach doctrines that
undermine our religious fabric. You have no integrity! The history of your madh-hab is written in blood. Come, say it is not so!

The slaughter of Muslims at the time of the Wahhabi takeover is the bloodiest chapter in the history of our religion. And what did the Wahhabis do in Mecca, the holiest place in the universe:

During the demonstration, arranged by the people of Makkah al-Mukarramah, to end the attacks directed towards their lives …two of the shells fired (by the Wahhabi forces) from the guns at Qalah al-Jiyad to the (Masjid al-Haram) landed (a few) metres from the sacred stone, the Hajr al-Aswad. The Sutrah al-Sharifah, the cover of the Ka’bah, caught fire from these shells, and the people, to extinguish (the fire), had to open the door and climb on the Ka’bah. Although the (Wahhabi) soldiers saw the fire, they kept Maqam Ibrahim and the Haram Sharif under cannon fire and martyred a number of Muslims. Thepeople could not enter the masjid, and salah could not be performed in the Holy Masjid for days (From a letter written to the Muslim world by the Amir of Mecca in 1916). This was other than the slaughter of the scholars".

Zhul-fiqar:

A Tip of the Ice-Berg:

“Regarding the one that says: ‘I do not declare enmity towards the disbelievers (Musrikeen)' or who declares enmity towards them but did not perform Takfir on them, or the one who says: 'I do not have conflict with people of La Ilaha lallah even if they committed Kufr, Shirk and opposed the religion of Allah' or who says: 'I do not object to the shrines’ this is not a Muslim”! (Majmuatu’l-Tawhid, Risalat Bayyan al-Najat Wal Fikak)

Redefining the meaning of La ilaha illallah and declaring the blood and wealth to be halaal of those who do not accept the new definition (Kitaab ut-Tawhid, ch. 5, pp. 19-21 Eng.; 12-14 of the Arabic).

Ibn `Abdul Wahhaab's statement in Kitaab ut-Tawhid (Arabic version printed by Daar ul-Iftaa, pp. 48-49; the English version translated by Ismaa'il al-Faruqi, Ch. 33, pp. 72-76):

'the kuffar who know their kufr are better in guidance than the believers,'

It is reported that Ibn 'Umar narrated: The Prophet said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and our Yemen." People said, "Our Najd as well." The Prophet again said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and Yemen." They said again, "Our Najd as well." On that the Prophet said, "There will appear earthquakes and afflictions, and from there will come out the side of the head of Satan." (Sahihul Bukhari Vol. 2, B. 17, No. 147)

[b]Note:[/b]Ibn Abdul Wahab,the founder of Wahhabism is from Najd.
https://www.nairaland.com/954767/honour-muslims-lost-lives-dana/4#11105070
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by mendax: 2:27pm On Jun 21, 2012
sadyeek: [size=16pt]the real question is, are the people in position to fight it willing to? With the enormous money going into defence budget, its good enough reason for the selfish politicians to try to keep this going..

I just heard that sss got a tip that the boko leader is in some where in borno, but they sent a message to them from abuja not to arrest him.. According to el-rufai..
Can anyone else confirm this story?
[/size]

that report was not from elrufai but by some guy called @kakakyari asking elrufai. elrufai just retweeted the question.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 2:33pm On Jun 21, 2012
LagosShia: let us see if it is true that wahhabi/salafi doctrines by the founder(s) do not propagate killing innocent people based on their beliefs contrary to the Quranic verse which says "there shall be no compulsion in religion" (2:256) and "And say: The truth is from your Lord, so let him who please believe, and let him who please disbelieve (Holy Quran 18:29)

i will start by giving you examples from the works of Ibn Taymiyyah since he preceeds Ibn Abdul-Wahab and the works of Ibn Taymiyyah are the basis for wahhabism/salafism:

First Ibn Taimiyah’s Fatwa - Those that reject Allah (swt)’s sitting on a throne should be executed

Ibn Taimiyah cascades the following teachings in his esteemed book Majmo’a al-Fatawa, Volume 5, page 391:
"Imam Aba Bakr Muhammad bin Ishaq bin Khuzaima said: ‘Whoever does not admit that Allah is sitting on a throne above the seventh sky, is a Kafir and his blood must be shed. He must be made to repent. Otherwise his neck must be struck and thrown into the garbage.’'

Second Ibn Taimiyah Fatwa - Those that reject that Allah (swt) will be seen in the next world should be executed

We read in Majmo’a al-Fatawa, Volume 6 page 500:
"Aba Abdillah said: ‘Whoever claims that Allah cannot be seen (by eye sight) in the hereafter, is a Kafir and has rejected Quran and replied Allah (sw). He must be made to repent. Otherwise he should be killed".

Third Ibn Taimiyah Fatwa - Those that recite Niya loudly during Salat should be executed

Majmo’a al-Fatawa, Volume 22 page 236:
"To recite the intention (niya) loudly is not permissible according to the Muslim scholars, nor did the Prophet (s), Caliphs or Sahaba, Salaf or Imams perform it. Whoever claims it is Wajib, he must be taught the law and then to repent from that opinion. If he insists on it then he must be killed".

Fourth Ibn Taimiyah Fatwa – You can kill or enslave your opponents

We read in Al-Seyasa al-Shari'a by ibn Taimiyah, page 159:
"Therefore the "Shari'a" ("divine law" ) made the killing of the disbelievers obligatory, but didn’t make obligatory the killing of those who are captured during fights or other than fights such as falling from a ship or getting lost or kidnapped. Thus, the imam decided that the best option is to be killed or enslaved".

Fifth Ibn Taimiyah Fatwa – Those that don’t believe that Allah (swt) physically spoke to Musa (as) and Jibril (as) should be executed

Majmo’a al-Fatawa, Volume 12 page 502:
Sheikh al-Islam, may Allah's mercy be upon him was asked:
"A man says that Allah didn’t talk to Musa by Himself but He created a voice from the tree’s side and Musa (as) heard from the tree not from Allah and also Allah didn’t talk to Gabriel by the Quran, but he (Gabriel) took it from the Guarded Tablet. Is he right or not?

He answered:
Praise to Allah, he is not right, nay, he is misguided and a liar according to the agreement of Salaf and the Imams. Nay he is a Kafir and must repent or otherwise be killed".

Sixth Ibn Taimiyah Fatwa – Those that believe that a traveler can perform the complete Salat should be executed

Majmo’a al-Fatawa, Volume 22 page 31:
"Who ever said that the traveler has to pray four raka, hence he is as the one who say that the traveler has to fast in Ramadhan, both of these (opinions) are misguidance, and contrary to the ijma of Muslims, the one who say it must to repent, if he doesn’t he must be killed".

Seventh Ibn Taimiyah Fatwa – Those that believe that Qur’an is created should be executed

"Nay it is known from the Salaf Imams that Takfir be issued against anyone that says that Quran is created he must repent or otherwise be killed".

Eighth Ibn Taimiyah Fatwa – Those that believe in adherence to a particular Imam should be executed

“Anyone who believes that the people have to follow one particular Imam amongst those Imams not the others, must made to repent otherwise be killed”

Nineth Ibn Taimiyah actually killed those who disagreed with him

"We read in Al-Uqood al-Duria by Ibn Abdulhadi al-Maqdisi, Volume 1 page 197:
Sheikh Taqi al-Deen may Allah be pleased with him marched to Kerwanin in the beginning of Dulhujja in year 704 H and in his company was the prince Qaraqush.

Prince Jamal al-Deen al-Afram the deputy of the kingdom marched with the rest of soldiers of Damascus in the month of Muharam, in the year 705 H to invade them and exterminate them, and before he marched, there were some troops which had marched before him.

Thursday in 17th of Dulhujja, the deputy and soldiers arrived at Damascus after Allah granted them victory over the error party of Rafidah, Nusairia and those who held false beliefs. And Allah exterminated them from that lands, praise to Allah the Lord of worlds".

And say: The truth is from your Lord, so let him who please believe, and let him who please disbelieve (Holy Quran 18:29)

There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error; (Holy Quran 2:256)

Contrary to this, ibn Taimiyah authored a single volume book "al-Sarem al-Maslool" comprising of 438 pages wherein he used:

-The word (kill) 978 times

-The word 'kafir' 56 times

-The word 'tourture' 48 times

-The word 'murtad' (apostate) 34 times

-The words 'his blood must be shed' 14 times

-The word 'behead' 8 times

-The word 'war' 7 times

I laugh in Chinese, we don't need to argue about this because we have the direct descendants and believers of the teachings of these scholars alive in power in Saudi Arabia so surely they can carryout these acts with impunity if you are not misrepresenting facts. You are pathetic because you know that laws can only be enforced by the state and not any individual in Islamic law.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by NaMe4: 2:33pm On Jun 21, 2012
maclatunji:

Ok, you are done sulking? There is no reason for you to point fingers at 'Wahabis/Salafis' and tag them as a group as terrorists. That is no different from non-Muslims tagging all Muslims terrorists. There are terrorists hiding in virtually every religion/creed, it is a simple solution, address the criminality and leave sentiments aside. Once you do that, you will make substantial progress. It reminds me of cultism in campuses, when someone gets killed, they call it "cult attack", heck no! That is called Murder and should be treated as such. There are millions of people under the 'Wahabi/salafists' creed, it is nothing short of madness to say majority of them are terrorists just like there are terrorists in other creeds. Address those and leave out name-calling and propaganda.

Please, why is it that for a good number of you (and I must say this - esp in the Islamic Faith), when an issue is brought up for serious discussion or analysis which concerns all of us, you begin to cite some outrageous examples. What do you mean that "There are terrorists hiding in virtually every religion/creed".

What exactly is the problem affecting NIGERIA right now?

Is it Christian Terrorists or Animist Terrorists or whatever? It is very clear that the terror on the shores of this Country is being propagated by a group of persons with a certain ideology which they claim is Islamic Jihad.

That is exactly what @LagosShia is trying to point out. And it is a known fact that we have lots of Muslims who don't interpret the scriptures as those propagating this mayhem and would definitely not subscribe to these atrocities.

And the truth is that the teaching of such ideology has to be eradicated and that can only be achieved by fellow faithfuls impacting the right teachings on such followers.

The truth is that in the bigger picture such teachings are being sustained by those who are always willing to use the followers as tools to achieve their selfish worldly interests.

I agree with you very much on this:
it is a simple solution, address the criminality and leave sentiments aside
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by Beaf1: 2:34pm On Jun 21, 2012
@LagosShia
Can you please create a different thread to discuss your views?
The poster made it clear to you to stick to the topic and as far as i am concerned you are derailing this very important thread.

Thank you.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by Redhot111(m): 2:41pm On Jun 21, 2012
@poster, am a christian yet i see in u 1 of d few muslims dat understand it d way it reall is. I also understand dat sum xtians also get d scenario wrong by countin on assumption. Truely, some muslims refuse 2 shout fowl play becos dey r often not d target. Odas secretly giv kudos to d activites cos see it as helpin 2 reduce xtian population. Den dere r some dat certainly condemn d acts both in dia closet, mind n outside. Nw diz terrorist r bed eggs in islam, jst as dere r bed pple in christianity. Dat is wat majority of d muslims refuse 2 agree 2. Now if d true muslims condermn dis boko boys n dia activites jst like u did with dis post, most christian dat do not understand d wrkins will nw do n dis will make d xtians n muslims realise dat dia common enemy is boko haram n not d muslim/christian or any oda religion group 4 dat mata. Some muslims quickly blame christians 4 seein boko boys as a muslim setup, but how do u expect dem 2 knw odawise wen dey quote d quran WRONGLY as it stand to support dia deeds unless u d true muslims help dem 2 understand dat dis guys r only bad elements in d system. Well d least we can do irrespective of religious affiliation is 2 openly condermn dia activites so dat we all will come 2 understand dat we r on 1 side of d pitch fightin a common enemy. We will make a formidable force if u unite against dis vampires.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 2:42pm On Jun 21, 2012
By the way LagosShia would you be able to relate your long post with the Fatwa placed on Salman Rushdie? Open another thread for your answer whilst you are at it because you are slightly close to a ban for derailment. LagosShia doesn't do warnings only bans to control your copious repititions.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 2:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
Beaf!:
@LagosShia
Can you please create a different thread to discuss your views?
The poster made it clear to you to stick to the topic and as far as i am concerned you are derailing this very important thread.

Thank you.

Don't worry, I am on his tail.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by NaMe4: 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2012
Joey82: I think the op started a fine thread soliciting for practical solutions and all we've ended up debating so far is the various factions that exist in islam which at all is no solution to our current plight.
I think pdp needs to be seriously questioned.
this may sound absurd to a lot of us but to be honest, i think boko haram is a pdp agenda.
they have bombed churches, police commands, the media, schools, markets etc. the funny thing is they (boko) also pronounce government as a common enemy and this government is run by pdp.
why havnt we asked ourselves why non of pdp facilities is ever touched.
go to locations where these bombings are prevalent, pdp's beautiful state secretariats still stand tall waving their goddamn flags, why are they never touched?

Very true. This whole problem is most likely the agenda of a Non-Islamic setting eg PDP. But what tool are they using?

What did the failed bomber in Bauchi yesterday say?
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by Beaf1: 2:45pm On Jun 21, 2012
Na-Me:

Please, why is it that for a good number of you (and I must say this - esp in the Islamic Faith), when an issue is brought up for serious discussion or analysis which concerns all of us, you begin to cite some outrageous examples. What do you mean that "There are terrorists hiding in virtually every religion/creed".

Is it Christian Terrorists or Animist Terrorists or whatever? It is very clear that the terror on the shores of this Country is being propagated by a group of persons with a certain ideology which they claim is Islamic Jihad.

That is exactly what @LagosShia is trying to point out. And it is a known fact that we have lots of Muslims who don't interpret the scriptures as those propagating this mayhem and would definitely not subscribe to these atrocities.

And the truth is that the teaching of such ideology has to be eradicated and that can only be achieved by fellow faithfuls impacting the right teachings on such followers.

The truth is that in the bigger picture such teachings are being sustained by those who are always willing to use the followers as tools to achieve their selfish worldly interests.

^
While you have made a point here, i believe LagosShia is taking it too personal with the poster. In fact i found a very good point in his response which is making those with the belief that all Muslims are terrorist to know that some sects among Muslims are quoting the Holy Qur'an wrongly to achieve their aims. There are divisions in every faith, people come with divergent views to assume authority over few or to gain selfish interests.

But my problem is if we continue towards that line of argument, the aim of the topic will be defeated
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 2:53pm On Jun 21, 2012
Na-Me:

thank you my brother for the understanding.it is clear enough that those terrorist have an ideology.and that ideology is disguised as Islam but it is not Islam.we have to identify that ideology and identify those who follow it.

now people are teaming up against me here because i am saying the truth of the matter on who those people are and what they believe.my posts are even being hidden by the moderator,Maclatunji.

obviously,people like Beaf and Maclatunji,would have no concern if non-Muslims were generalizing and insulting Islam and calling Prophet Muhammad (sa) names.we have witnessed that many times done by non-muslims.Maclatunji would be happy if that happens which it falsehood.but people like Mac and Beaf are not happy when i say it as it is,that those people have an ideology peculiar only to them and not to all Muslims.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 2:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
Na-Me:

Dear child (even if you are old enough to be my grandfather), you know-not what you speak -of.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 2:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
maclatunji:

Don't worry, I am on his tail.

abeg,don't be on my tail.you are not my wife.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by Koolking(m): 2:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
Corruption and injustices breed terrorism. Undoing these will set things right
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 2:56pm On Jun 21, 2012
LagosShia:

thank you my brother for the understanding.it is clear enough that those terrorist have an ideology.and that ideology is disguised as Islam but it is not Islam.we have to identify that ideology and identify those who follow it.

now people are teaming up against me here because i am saying the truth of the matter on who those people are and what they believe.my posts are even being hidden by the moderator,Maclatunji.

obviously,people like Beaf and Maclatunji,would have no concern if non-Muslims were generalizing and insulting Islam and calling Prophet Muhammad (sa) names.we have witnessed that many times done by non-muslims.Maclatunji would be happy if that happens which it falsehood.but people like Mac and Beaf are not happy when i say it as it is,that those people have an ideology peculiar only to them and not to all Muslims.

Last warning, stick to the topic, if you want to rant open another thread.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 2:56pm On Jun 21, 2012
maclatunji:

Dear child (even if you are old enough to be my grandfather), you know-not what you speak -of.

Mac,

you hid my post where i presented the violent and intolerant teachings of Ibn Abdul Wahhab,the founder of wahhabism.

even though you know it all,give people the courtesy of airing their views and defending what they believe.hiding my posts on nairaland doesn't mean people cannot find these views elsewhere.

i see no need to censor me when i am not insulting anyone.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by Beaf1: 2:57pm On Jun 21, 2012
oiseworld:

you are a coward and a co sponsor of boko haram. while innocent people are been killed everyday for nothing, you value your life soo much that you would not speak up against an evil that is eating up the country.
just imagine must of our great discoveries in the world were to be done by muslims like you, then the world would have still be in the stone age.because most of them died why giving to the world.
you mention someone gun down for speaking up the truth,so you want to live forever in lies, cowardice and deceit. you are not wise as you think, in your eyes you think you are. soo better beging to speak up now. if you die; you die for truth. your mates are dying for 72 virgins and you can't die for the truth.

shame on you.

^
You are a f00l and r3tard! The poster gave a very good example of how a scholar was killed because he was preaching against them and you are spewing rubbish.

The poster, the imams, all the people you accused of not speaking Boko Haram loves their dear lives. If your 1mbecilic self is ready to die to save Nigeria why dont you go tie a bomb on your dumb a$$, go to Boko Haram dent and blow yourself up?
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 2:59pm On Jun 21, 2012
LagosShia:

abeg,don't be on my tail.you are not my wife.

Figuratively silly, not literally- the depths you will stoop to are below base.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by LagosShia: 3:05pm On Jun 21, 2012
maclatunji:

Figuratively silly, not literally- the depths you will stoop to are below base.

Fee Dee Fee! fawa!fawa to the moderator! grin

see? i am also campaigning for you.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by nagoma(m): 3:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
I am afraid , I have no knowledge of islamic sects and their history , what I wanted to contribute is down to earth situation in Nigeria, specifically Northern Nigeria regarding the sectarian fundamentalists Islam uprising.

This has been a common phenomenon over 300 or more years where a sectarian leader arises and becomes strong enough to challenge the existing , usually islamic authority. The uprising was not unlike the sectarian uprising episodes in medieval europe some of which were quelled and others metamorphosed into crusades and long jouneys to the middle east and horrendous bloodshed along the way. The sectarian leaders in the hausaland uprisings usually described themselves as the long awited Mahdi (Messiah) and there was always trouble before they were overcome.These uprisings were the precursors of the Satiru 1906 uprising,Maitastine 1980/81 in Kano. Bulunkutu in Maiduguri 1981/82,Jimeta /Yola 1984, and Gombe in 1985 and Maiduguri Boko Haram 2009.
In 1906 only three years after the defeat of the Sokoto Caliphate a man called Danmakaho came to Sokoto from across the French Protectorate (now Niger) advocating for a religious war and an uprising against the europeans. He was joined by Mallam Isa Satiru another sectarian leader who had ealier declared himself - the Messiah. These 2 gathered thosands of followers. The caliphate had tried to deal with them and in a negotiation where Satiru swore by the Quoran that he was not going to cause any more trouble but did not keep his promise. The British Resident administrator Major Burdon who was going away to europe on leave did not consider this as something serious but his relief Mr. Hillary thought otherwise and actually recalled Major Burdon before he left the territory. the British officers Major Burdon, Mr. Hillary,Dr. Ellis , Sergent Slack and others went with many soldiers to quell the riot in the village of Satiru. They were immediately attacked by the crowd of sectarian rebels and killed many including 3 white British officers that included Mr. Hillary.(Their marked graves are in Sokoto , ask to see when you are there). It was the Sultan who sent a reinforcement of warriors who queelled the uprising. The King of England then sent a letter of appreciation to the Sultan with the honour title of CMG. This was in 1906.
In allthese uprisings including the Maitasine of the 1980s, the general muslim population and traditional leadership were never lumped up together with the rebel rioters and so the population worked together with the authorities either colonial, civilian or military to quell the violence.
In the current situation other Nigerians have a different agenda.They don't want to isolate the BH followers, perhaps about upto 500,000 total of them and their families. For political reasons they want every muslim northerner included as BH or BH sympatizer. This complicate matters and gives the sect time and opportunity to recruit followers. The presence of BH is clearly used by politicians and is also seen as an opportunity by the southern separatists of the oil producing SS and MASSOB of the EAST to divide |Nigeria for what they see as unlimitted affluence once oil is not shared in anyway with others. These are the complications and the usual concerted country led united and determined sincere effort to stop the violence is not there. Of course as I said in other postings, education and rule of law are the ultimate solutions to these episodic uprisings and killings.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by Beaf1: 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2012
^
And when we said Mr President is delibrately allowing this bombings to go on so that him and his south south brothers will realise their motive of seperating Nigeria some people are crying foul!

Thanks for the analysis/reflection into history.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by proo212(m): 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
And we still do not have a response to the questions I asked Lagosshia, Maclatunji and Bluemurder...... angry
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by maclatunji: 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
proo212: And we still do not have a response to the questions I asked Lagosshia, Maclatunji and Bluemurder...... angry

Guy, this thread is enough to answer your questions in my opinion. I cannot attend to each and every question or request.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by BlueMurder(m): 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
A big thank you to all those who have taken out time to read the long post and offer suggestions. It is my hope that those who are in a position to do something about this ugly situation are actually viewing this thread and putting the suggestions to work.

I must say that we Muslims are very conservative. Thus we find it very difficult to criticise our leaders and call them to order. However, in dangerous situations like these, when Islam is being buffeted left, right and centre, i make bold to say that our leaders(both political and spiritual) have failed us. Infact, there seems to be a huge disconnect between them and us. Our political leaders have deviated from the true teachings of Islam. They now engage in, and promote rigging, thuggery, mindless looting, as well as deliberate suppression of human capacity and economic development. The result of these vices is the massive poverty, unemployment, underdevelopment and the attendant insecurity we now have in the north. While our political leaders are in an unholy race to hug the devil, most of our spiritual leaders have refused to call them to order due to greed and the love for filthy lucre.

We must start asking serious questions of our leaders. The rot they have been superintending over has now become a cancer. The Sultan of Sokoto, who is the spiritual leader of Muslims in Nigeria, must now dump his diplomatic toga, roll up his sleeves and start putting these people on their toes. He must work with the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs(SCIA), Jama'atul Bid'ah wa Iqamatus Sunnah(JIBWIS), the Tijjaniya Movement, and sundry other Islamic bodies, to isolate these terrorists and whoever they may be working for. They must do it now or be prepared to face the wrath of Allah for being complacent while deviants hide under the veil of Islam to unleash mayhem.
Re: How Can We Fight Terrorism? by rhymz(m): 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2012
maclatunji: ^ I have already told you, if there are radical elements in any sect or group they should be addressed as that but Noooooo, LagosShia has to go on and on like a broken record. So predictable. Now, stick to the topic!
your problem is denial and intolerance to anyone willing to be honest to discuss the violent aspect of the islamic faith. You keep trying to shut anyone that says there are elements of the islamic faith that vaguely talks about faith conversion through the use of force and violence. Do you think it is a conincidence that most of the suicid terrorist act world over have been carried out by muslims whose interpretation of these vague verses inspired their act. Why do you like to pretend it does not exist? If you can't stand intellectual debates that explore aspect of your faith you are not too comfortable to discuss then dont contibute instead trying to shut others down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Singling Out A Day For Fasting On Prophet Muhammad Saw's Birthday / Ruling on Saying the Takbeer (Allaahu Akbar) loudly behind the Imam / Telling Your Brothers And Friends You Love Them Is A Sunnah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.