Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,177 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? (15306 Views)

Check Out This Marriage Picture. / Some Men Are Just Plain Evil (and Lazy)! / For How Long Will You Continue To Tolerate A Jobless And( Lazy) Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by ndubest(m): 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2007
@ POSTER
FOR THE SAKE OF THE KIDS
PLEASE KEEP THE FAMILY TOGETHER
at least do all in your powers, except if circumstances is beyond your control
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by fakande(m): 4:17pm On Nov 28, 2007
@D-reloaded

Girl u r such a cynic! Y u so mad?

@ poster
I think the issue with some of u women is that u become "too strong" for ur men. WAIT!!! Before u crucify me ;D I am married and I used to have issues with my wife complaining about how laid back I am and all dat bullshiznit. The truth is that I kinda got used to her been strong and independent. I mean, she would first take decisions and tell me about them later. Me not wanting to be trouble some or a kill joy, would accept it without a question. Over time, I got used to her that way and stopped bothering myself about certain things in our home. I could easily have passed for the "lazy" husband at the time. Thankfully, things are baack to normal now and we are very happy. My dear, get back to been a woman, aint nuthin wrong with that. About the physical abuse, is it a regular thing? If it is, then you need to seek help urgently. But if it is just a one off thing, then u should forgive your husband, talk things out with him and be his wife again. Divorce should be the very last option. God help you.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by stefykarl: 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2007
SEE MADAM, WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHEN YOU HAVE MADE UP YOUR MIND, COS FROM WHAT I CAN DEDUCE FROM WHAT YOU SENT IS THE GUY PICKED YOU WHEN YOU ARE NOTHING AND MADE YOU SOME BODY, NOW YOU KNOW YOU ARE MORE EDUCATED THAN HE IS, AFTER SACRIFICING TO MAKE U SOMEONE ALL YOU DO IS SAY ALL THESE NONSENSE. DIDNT YOU SEE THAT HE IS LAZY BEFORE YOU MARRIED HIM, NOW THE ONLY IMPORTANT THINGS ARE YOUR CHILDREN.
YOU KNOW WHAT, YOU HAVE SOMEONE ELSE YOU WANT TO RUN TO, SO, DONT BOTHER US.
YOU ARE NOT ASHAMED OF YOURSELF, AFTER 11 YRS OF MARRIAGE THIS IS THE THANK YOU, YOU WILL GIVE HIM.
YOU SAID HE CHEATED TWICE, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU CHEATED ON HIM? YOU DIDNT TELL US,GO AND SIT DOWN AND FOLLOW YOUR NEW FRIEND.
YOU ARE A DISGRACE
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Maxidoe(m): 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2007
[/qThat is usually how it goes.

I wonder if any of the imbceiles syaing "oh just pray about it. beg your husband" would allow THEIR daughters or sisters to tolerate such rubbish from any man. Hypocritical jackasses.
[/q
uote]

Thank you ,Please tell them.

Any man that beats up a woman is nothing but a fucking coward and a weakning of the highest order.Posters imagine if this poor lady in question was your sister,dauther,or a loved one.Let us be realistic and objective.As far as am concerned the guy had no reason to beat a woman,whatever reason he had,has been overshadowed by his cowardice act,he had the guts to beat her to pulp after been caught in the greatest and most shameful offence of a married couple.And woman you still need someone to tell you to RUN RUN RUN while you still breath at least if not for any other reason but for the sake of your beautiful and intelligent daugther,they deserve much better.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Maxidoe(m): 4:38pm On Nov 28, 2007
[quote][/quote]qThat is usually how it goes.

I wonder if any of the imbceiles syaing "oh just pray about it. beg your husband" would allow THEIR daughters or sisters to tolerate such rubbish from any man. Hypocritical jackasses.

Any man that beats up a woman is nothing but a fucking coward and a weakning of the highest order.Posters imagine if this poor lady in question was your sister,dauther,or a loved one.Let us be realistic and objective.As far as am concerned the guy had no reason to beat a woman,whatever reason he had,has been overshadowed by his cowardice act,he had the guts to beat her to pulp after been caught in the greatest and most shameful offence of a married couple.And woman you still need someone to tell you to RUN RUN RUN while you still breath at least if not for any other reason but for the sake of your beautiful and intelligent daugther,they deserve much better.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Maxidoe(m): 4:42pm On Nov 28, 2007
qThat is usually how it goes.

Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by realcele: 4:45pm On Nov 28, 2007
Some says stay, because of your daughters, because your husband is going through issues, some pray. I  still say do whatever pleases you. You can stay for your daughters and not live long enough to tell them the examples or they might not be seeing the examples you are showing. You can stay for your husband or whatever but i will say stay for yourself but note if you are staying you better breed a boy fast you know men want replica, if not. If you decide to go as well go for yourself as well, its your life live it. At the end we will all go to the same place, married, single, divorce, seperated all die so enjoy the only chance and GOD gave you, your right to decide let nobody deprive you of that.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by dot2002(m): 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2007
Pain and his friend. Why is it that guys are always after me even with all my evil utterances. go away playa
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by cecegorz(m): 4:56pm On Nov 28, 2007
@Almondjoy
Sincerely, am of the school of thought that believes that any man that raises his hands against his wife/mother/sister/girlfriend surely needs to see a Shrink. So i condemn the man's action in it's entirety.

But if u read the post asides ur prejudice, u'll discover the man had not been beating her these 11 years as u presume. The relationship was once blossoming untill something snapped. So, the issue is how do they get their groove back, knowing they got 2 kids to look after.

Most times it looks too simple for single ladies to advice married ones with difficulties to just run away from their matrimonial homes, and that's why most men loathe the idea of their wives maintaining friendship with their single friends.
What if all they need is to see a good marriage counsellor who will help them look at their situation and fashion a way of putting things back the way they were? Life's challenges are meant to be overcome inorder to be stronger. The one u run away from will go and wait for u at some other point, that's why most divorcees go into 2nd, 3rd, marriages and fail again because all they do is run, when the going gets tough.

Do u think it's that easy to walk away from someone u've shared a good part of ur life with just like that? when u look at the statistics of kids raised under broken homes, u'll agree with me that the society at large bears the brunt at the end of the day as most of them turn out to be delinquents.

i only wish the lady will throw more light on how things got awry so that we will know how the once prince charming turned out to become an ogre.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Feesha: 4:57pm On Nov 28, 2007
Please read comments by Olanajim and follow it exactly. I totally agree with his contribution. olanajim, are u a counsellor?
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by NihilceM: 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2007
stefykarl:

SEE MADAM, WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHEN YOU HAVE MADE UP YOUR MIND, COS FROM WHAT I CAN DEDUCE FROM WHAT YOU SENT IS THE GUY PICKED YOU WHEN YOU ARE NOTHING AND MADE YOU SOME BODY, NOW YOU KNOW YOU ARE MORE EDUCATED THAN HE IS, AFTER SACRIFICING TO MAKE You SOMEONE ALL YOU DO IS SAY ALL THESE NONSENSE. DIDNT YOU SEE THAT HE IS LAZY BEFORE YOU MARRIED HIM, NOW THE ONLY IMPORTANT THINGS ARE YOUR CHILDREN.
YOU KNOW WHAT, YOU HAVE SOMEONE ELSE YOU WANT TO RUN TO, SO, DONT BOTHER US.
YOU ARE NOT ASHAMED OF YOURSELF, AFTER 11 YRS OF MARRIAGE THIS IS THE THANK YOU, YOU WILL GIVE HIM.
YOU SAID HE CHEATED TWICE, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU CHEATED ON HIM? YOU DIDNT TELL US,GO AND SIT DOWN AND FOLLOW YOUR NEW FRIEND.
YOU ARE A DISGRACE

Whatever your name is, I suggest you carry that dirty ass of yours out of this thread right now.

You dey mad? You dey craze? or you mad craze before?

Just because some mumu give you computer, you think you can spread your foolishness all over the place.

Thunder go fire the fingers you use take post this absurd and useless comment of yours.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2007
Behind bobo:

your husband is having serious challenges and is finding it hard to discuss them w u.
What he has done is bad but as a woman u own d home.
Be his SOUL MATE not just a wife.change your behaviour and cry on his shoulders,this will soften his heart towards u as he ll see u as the submissive wife he married,then u can discuss issues.if he doesnt change after this then u can consider divorce.

my foot!someone who would respond that way would never beat his wife in the first place. what exactly is the definition of submissive? someone who licks your feet and has no will or opinion of theirs? your dog?

@poster again,

leave and fast and pray for that vagabond ELSEWHERE! pray with the hope of change and reconciliation, but leave to protect your life and your kids from growing up with an abuse mentality
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 28, 2007
i mean what was the reason he beat her in the first place? not aggravation on her part, but in defense of his own crime of infidelity. it has gone beyond counselling. she needs to let it breathe
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by NihilceM: 5:24pm On Nov 28, 2007
iceblue:

my foot!someone who would respond that way would never beat his wife in the first place. what exactly is the definition of submissive? someone who licks your feet and has no will or opinion of theirs? your dog?

That is what it means in an African mentality.

The weaker vessel is always wrong, no matter the situation.

Have you noticed that in case of infidelity by the man, the woman is always asked to CHECK HERSELF?

These people are sick in the head. I wonder the idea of women that has been taught them!
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by proo212(m): 5:39pm On Nov 28, 2007
My first hunch will be to tell the woman to walk away with her kids. She is in a position to look after herself. After taking time out and assessed situation from all angles, one can say let there be counselling and mediation between the couple to see if they can work things out. If only and if both want to. You cannot force anyone to be with you.

If ever that happens, what needs to precede that is that, the woman needs to leave the famiy home and be by herself with her kids. Without that you can never take yourself out of the scenario and be objective. The mere sight of your husband irritates you. How are you supposed to be affectionate and be his 'soulmate'?

You don't try and be someone's soulmate. You either are or are not.

Why did I go this route? (This is just my opinion) I believe a lot of the African/Nigerian men feel it is their right to have as many women as possible and the women should remain pure. shocked They have the last word. Afterall their wives should submit themselves to the husbands and what not. You should be able to take what you dish out. I'm not advocating a free for all shag fest. Some men should realise that a woman might have had a past before you started dating her.

I'm not a very strong christian, but yes the Bible says the woman should submit themselves to the husbands. The Bible also says the husbands should love their wives as Christ loved the church. If you want to decipher that properly, the husband shouldn't have been unfaithful and thereafter been violent towards his wife. It doesn't work like that.

In the spirit of forgiveness, the wife should forgive her husband and the husband so 'sin no more'. If not, then reconcilation is out of the question. The woman shouldn't have to suffer in this manner even if she's become more successful over the years and her husband resents her for it. She shouldn't have to suffer for her ambitiousness.

You can forgive but it takes a while to forget if you ever forget anyway.

Now to the guys who are flaying the woman because she is upset her husband cheated on her twice and said that is nothing. Answer these questions in all honesty. Would you be able to handle your wife cheating on you once? Would you be able to look her in the eye? Would society forgive her? Would you stay with her because you have kids.

Perhaps I'm too westernised but I believe you should dish only what you can take.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by kbankz2000(m): 6:10pm On Nov 28, 2007
Hi,
No one can understand what you are going through, so you shouldn't have posted this here in the first place. But i can assure you that what you will get here will only make you confuse the more because every dumb ass will say whatever they can say. but i will want you to sit down and take a journey back to memory lane how you guys started. the love you once shared. it is true love turns cold but if it has you wont be contemplating leaving him or not. whatever you do should come from your heart. OK.
If you can remember this " Do you (Your Name) take this man to be your lawfully wedded Husband for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you apart"
I can only but imagine your answer.
CHEERS
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by dot2002(m): 6:34pm On Nov 28, 2007
most of us do, understands what is mean by being cheated up, we women forgive because the last thing you want is having another kok stuffed up your azz or a new one rammed into your mouf. this ingrate of a man beat his wife down to a pulp, i rest my case most men are idiot.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by NihilceM: 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2007
kbankz2000:

Hi,
No one can understand what you are going through, so you shouldn't have posted this here in the first place. But i can assure you that what you will get here will only make you confuse the more because every dumb ass will say whatever they can say. but i will want you to sit down and take a journey back to memory lane how you guys started. the love you once shared. it is true love turns cold but if it has you wont be contemplating leaving him or not. whatever you do should come from your heart. OK.
If you can remember this " Do you (Your Name) take this man to be your lawfully wedded Husband for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you apart"
I can only but imagine your answer.
CHEERS

You are not different from the dumb asses that have been coming here to give advice.

Your own nor better pass the one we have been giving since.

Conceited dumb ass!
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by bimkubwa: 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2007
THANKS EVERYONE,

I HAVE READ YOUR COMMENTS AND SOME ARE VERY UPLIFTING WHILE OTHERS ARE HURTFUL FOR THE RECORD:

A. MY HUSBAND HAS NEVER PAID A SINGLE CENT TOWARDS MY EDUCATION IN TERMS OF FEES, BOOK ALLOWANCE YOU NAME IT. I THANK GOD THAT I HAVE ALWAYS DONE VERY WELL IN MY EXAMS AND AS A RESULT I HAVE BEEN EDUCATED THROUGH VERY COMPETITIVE SCHOLARSHIPS BOTH INTERNATIONAL AND LOCALLY. I HAVE NEVER REDUCED MY WORTH IN COMPETING FOR THESE SCHOLARSHIPS. I AHVE ALWAYS APPLIED LIKE ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL

B. I AM NOT A NIGERIAN BUT I AM AFRICAN AND I HAVE ALWAYS LIKED THIS FORUM AND I AM A FREQUENT VISITOR TO IT.

C. I EVEN WENT FURTHER TO PAY FOR MY OWN HUSBAND'S EDUCATION WHEN I GOT DONE WITH MY MASTERS AND HE SHOWED INTEREST IN FURTHERING HIS EDUCATION. I DID THE NECESSARY. CURRENTLY I AM IN THE US FINISHING UP MY PHD. THE MOMENT I BOARDED THE PLANE HERE IS THE SAME DAY MY HUSBAND DROPPED OUT OF SCHOOL.

D. WHEN I WENT BACK HOME I FOUND OUT THAT HE HAD BEEN TELLING HIS RELATIVES THAT HE IS JOINING ME IN THE US SO HE DID NOT SEE A NEED TO FINISH HIS EDUCATION. WE HAD NOT PLANNED TO COME TO THE US AT ALL AS A FAMILY SINCE WE HAD SO MANY ASSETS BACK HOME (FOR YOUR INFORMATION) HE SQUANDERED EVERY BIT OF IT WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND.

E. I HAVE TRIED TO BE HUMBLE FOR MY KIDS SAKE BUT I FEEL I AM THE ONE WHO IS SUFFERRING MORE THAN I CAN IMAGINE. IDECIDED TO BRING THE FAMILY TO THE US MAYBE FOR SOME TIME HE MIGHT CHANGE BUT ALAS HE IS BECOMING MORE OF A BURDEN THAN EVER.

I AM AT CROSSROADS,

I MA A DECNET AFRICAN WOMAN. FOR THOSE WHO THINK I AM DUMB AM SURE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN MARRIED BEFORE BUT FOR THOSE WHO ARE MARRIED UNDERSTAND THE KIND OF STRENGTH IT TAKES JUST TO REMAIN SANE. PLEASE LET YOUR COMMENTS KEEP FLOWING. I FEEL HEALING. FOR THOSE WHO SENT ME THEIR EMAILS I WILL WRITE SOON.

THANKS AGAIN
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by kbankz2000(m): 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2007
call me what you want, all i just pray is that you wont end up in such a mess. you r pretty thouch checked your prfile
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by goldboy(m): 7:13pm On Nov 28, 2007
@ poster

this case is serious but i feel there are still a lot of tins u did not tell us in u pathetic but short story, i feel 4 u so mucgh cos i have seen guys brutalise their wife's and at times vice versa, it is not palatable at all,

i want u to do the following

1, seek counselling from trusted and tried people, not just those who will pity u but that will tell u the truth
2. i don't blve divorce is the solution
3. cconsider ur lovely kids
4. the romance was sweet b4 now, both of u contributed to it becoming now sour and bitter. chck inside u first , u playd a part to make it this worse after all it did not start int h first or seecond yr
5. did u really know him and his xter, attributes b4 marriyng him , cos its ike u met for ony one year b4 marrying, (which is tho' not too bad but we, u now wat i mean
6. u need to dialogue with ur hubby
7. i have found out that tho' the man s the head the woman is the neck//, whilst the head is POWER , the Neck = INFLUENCE
8. I dnt know if u are a xtian but pls study GODS WORD VERY WELL and get close to God now,,,gather ur kids togther and pray
9. at such prayer time s (morning and evening) don't preach against ur hubby to ur kids, just pry for the family, and if he is there be very wise and discreet. dont use it as an avenue to judge or criticise him
10. i know what he has done is hurting but FIND SOLACE IN GOD

i have more to say but let me ask u this question(s)
1. how and where did u catch him doing the act
2. when
3.wat was happening b4 that time btw both of u
4. how close are u to his family
5. are u in agreement with them(the family)
6. have u told them al this
7. do u challenge him often and attack him
8. do u keep late nites
9. has he ever suspected u or accused u b4 this act

Hmmm

pls try and answer them inside and if u can here , send me mail at gemsofgrace@yahoo.com

REMEBER GOD CAN DO ALL THINGS AND HE HAS A BETTER PLAN FOR BRINGING UR GUYS TOGETHER IN THE FIRST PLACE
HE LOVES U SO MUCH, He can heal ur wounded heart

GOD BLESS
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by pmdaboh(f): 7:26pm On Nov 28, 2007
@Poster

Only "you" can make that decision for yourself, for only "you" can live with the consequences of your decision. But I would NEVER allow a man to beat me and still stay with him--under no circumstances.

I will be praying that God give you direction, strength, and courage to do what is right for you and the children.

Patricia
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by BabsO2(m): 7:41pm On Nov 28, 2007
You need to find out why the change and try to help him if you consider he is still changeable to his old former self. After all when you met him and earlier years he was such a nice person. What or who turned him into this monster over the years ? Try to see how you can get back to the old state when love reigns with good compliments all the way as against complaints that may be reigning full blast from both sides at the moment. Perhaps you can heal the relationship. Also you need to talk and try to understand things that you do that hurt him or make him feel threatened.

As per beating. I do not support it. However who threw the first punch. I am not saying that even if you threw the first punch he has the right to beat you other than defend himself and get away from arms way.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Zandra1(f): 9:04pm On Nov 28, 2007
Good job @ almondjoy, de-reloaded and oyb. Y'all make a lot of sense. I have a feeling this poster is lacking self esteem due to the kinds of treatment her hubby meted out on her. U deserve a much better man and pls ur kids need to grow up in a loving environment. Ure financially secure and like someone said pls stop being Mrs. Punching Bag and start being Mrs or Miss Joy/Happiness. Remember that life is too short and that happiness is priceless. It's shocking that at this day and age people still go through stuff like this esp. the educated and financially stable ones. Its high time u wisen up so ur kids wont be motherless or doormats when in r/ship with men. Its a vicious cycle indeed cause believe it or not ur kids are looking up to u.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by centuar: 9:15pm On Nov 28, 2007
why is it that everytime a man beats his wife it is always the woman that caused it?I think we all need to start thinking straight and living in the real world and not in the Africa of the 80s!!

@Post Life is too short for us to spend it waiting and wondering why people behave the way they do.You should thank your stars that you have a good career .My advice to you is same advice I will give anyone even my sister-If you can't stand the heat Get out Of the Kitchen .Talk to your husband and if that doesnt't work LEAVE!!!!!!!!.Most people who tell you to stay back and endure are only saying it because they have enduring spirits and strong personalities.You know yourself my sister.Trust me if he disables or kills you he might not even wait for you to be put in the ground before he gets another woman.And[b] if [/b] and when he decides to take another wife he most definitely will not come to Nairaland to ask for advice!.So my dear If u be Catholic and you no wan divorce am then separate till your head clears-even the church accepts that.
Everywoman has a right to life, happiness and Peace Of Mind-even if she is married to , [i][/i]
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Dreloaded(f): 9:22pm On Nov 28, 2007
bimkubwa:

C. I EVEN WENT FURTHER TO PAY FOR MY OWN HUSBAND'S EDUCATION WHEN I GOT DONE WITH MY MASTERS

Lol, you paid for your husband's education and still allow him to beat you. There's really nothing more to say.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by almondjoy(f): 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2007
@cecegorz

I don't think you understand the viscious cycle of domestic violence. It only takes one time and you can't stop it most of the time. The is no greater sin on earth than when you are selfish even to yourself.  This poster does not even know what is good for her at all.  I am surprised she got as far as she did educationally.  What a shocker! The emotional scars run deep and manifests in all kinds of ways unto the children.  See a shrink?  Well, goodluck to all of you!

@poster
Please do whatever the hell you want to do.  Have a merry Xmas and a happy 2008! I am very pleased that you are not a Nigerian--so need to waste anymore time with you.  

D-reloaded:

Lol, you paid for your husband's education and still allow him to beat you. There's really nothing more to say.

I think this woman is a mad woman for real!  Like you were reading my mind.  Nothing more to say.  The poster is lost and can never find her way home.  Keep looking like a pulp, poster! That is really all you are good for! Enjoy! kiss

Next topic please.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by debosky(m): 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2007
squandered your resources with his GIRLFRIEND

beat you black and blue

is serially unfaithful. . .

what else do you need? I don't support divorce in general (open your eyes and be VERY SURE of whomsoever you marry) but in this case, I don't know what you want to happen before you leave. . .is it when he starts to beat your daughters? Or when he beats you till you have permanent disability?

Its very good that you're not Nigerian, so no unnecessary 'family' matters to keep you in the country. Finish your PHD, relocate permanently with your daughters! They are still young and you can possibly find a good man to be a role model in their lives.

Leave this loser alone.

whether she 'challenges and attacks him' or not, will that one make you beat her?

If you cannot stand an abusive woman, LEAVE her! Why BEAT her into submission? Abi you don turn am to WWE??

'does she keep late nights'?? what on earth does a PHD candidate have to do with late nights? Even if she does, so that gives him license to cheat and squander the assets which are for the kids' future on some heifer girlfriend?

Oh hell NO. LEAVE HIM NOW, cut your losses and accept you made a grievous error in choosing a husband. If you married 11 years ago, chances are that you are not yet 40, you will find a man who can appreciate you. . . IF not, live solo and train your daughters properly.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by olanajim(m): 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2007
Feesha,
No, I am not. I am just a student of experience.
But,
Nihil ce-M,
you got it all mixed up. You are dead wrong. Advices are given based on the nature of the problem and not gender. I hope you have a post by a man who was beaten to stupor by his wife. You see, men can be a victim of domestic violence too. But their pride won't let them come into open to say it. .

For your information, it is wrong to quit a marriage just because you encounter difficulty. While, I am always in support of divorce to seperate couples that can't mend their fence. I strongly believe divorce should be the last option when common sense fail.

Moreover, the most idiotic thing any woman can do is to walk out on her marriage without knowing what went wrong and without learning one or two lessons from the failed marriage. I tell you in truth, I have seen such a lady. She went into another marriage and the same thing happened. It took her the third marriage before she know that she was the problem. Sadly, she had children for all the men!

Shinatu,
kindly re-read my posts again. You picked up what you want. I am never in support of wife beaters, but, I am smart enough to know that even a mad man won't attack you without external provocation. There is always a reason behind every aggresssive acts.

alimondjoy,
as usual, I saw the wisdom in your words. Zoom time!
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Bossman(m): 10:12pm On Nov 28, 2007
HecK! I'd say kick his ass to the curb and move on. I think you said he is in the US with you right. It does not seem like he deserves you any longer. He has put you through a lot, and he probably is not going to change. No need to put yourself through all that stress. I know, I know, I know, a lot of African women do not want to go through, or want their kids go through life with a broken home. But, you have to do what's in your best interest.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Dreloaded(f): 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2007
olanajim:

For your information, it is wrong to quit a marriage just because you encounter difficulty. While, I am always in support of divorce to seperate couples that can't mend their fence. I strongly believe divorce should be the last option when common sense fail.

Moreover, the most idiotic thing any woman can do is to walk out on her marriage without knowing what went wrong and without learning one or two lessons from the failed marriage. I tell you in truth, I have seen such a lady. She went into another marriage and the same thing happened. It took her the third marriage before she know that she was the problem. Sadly, she had children for all the men!

Who gives a bloody damn on what mistakes were made? As long as beating is involved the most idotic thing a female can do is STAY and "think" he'll change. Abusers NEVER change. They just tend to hide it well.
I hope you tell a sister or whomever to stay in an abusive relationship all in the name of "I dont believe in sdivorce" but you believe in a woman dying for the cause.
Re: Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? by Lady2(f): 11:11pm On Nov 28, 2007
to my knowledge according to the Bible the only grounds for divorce is adultery
My dear he has strayed twice, now unless u two are willing to get things better, let him go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? / Hisense 215dr Fridge Worst Product Ever / Woman Uses Money Saved From Cooking To Build A House, Husband Collapses (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.