Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria (13477 Views)

Saraki To Lead Delegation To IDP Camps / Buhari, Obama & VP Joe Biden With Nigerian Delegation At The White House (Photo) / Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Demdem(m): 11:48am On Jun 22, 2012
^^^^

Sir, wont u go back to work now? grin grin
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 11:48am On Jun 22, 2012
edicolove:

My guy, whoever you are, you be real id1ot. You wan use laugh give me miscarriage! ROTFL!

Hahaha
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Demdem(m): 11:54am On Jun 22, 2012
^^^

Strange, edistupid is pregnant shocked shocked shocked
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Sweetlemon(f): 11:58am On Jun 22, 2012
edicolove:

My guy, whoever you are, you be real id1ot. You wan use laugh give me miscarriage! ROTFL!

Ahn ahn are u male or female?
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by edicolove: 12:03pm On Jun 22, 2012
Demdem: ^^^

Strange, edistupid is pregnant shocked shocked shocked

I never expected an ACN supporter and MAU student like you to understand the meaning of the word sarcasm. And true to your name, you didn't disappoint! All hail Demdem, the son of a retardeen!
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by edicolove: 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2012
Sweetlemon:

Ahn ahn are u male or female?

Its called sarcasm, baby, sarcasm! Am glad am not female o! Who would have taken care of all these females around me. Would have been a disaster. Lol!
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by mamanphillipi: 12:08pm On Jun 22, 2012
GEJ you clueless zookeeper, who handed u a country of humans to run? Anyway sha bring back brazillian hair for me. U suppose get original one there since ur at the source

PresGEJ:

God bless you, femmy2010. And you're even an Ngabti man.

Many of the Brazilian investors can't even afford the airfare, talk less of hotel bills in Nigeria or feeding allowance. They say Nigeria is too far!

I had to beg and beg. On top of that, we have to pay for their first class airfare to Nigeria, close the airport 3 hours before they arrive/depart, 5-star accommodation, and other "state hospitalities" I am not at liberty to mention in public.

All these I do for you. What do I get in return? Slow people calling me "Retardeen", and dull people (without PhDs) calling me Jona-Dull. Rubbish! You will all eat the humble pie and vote me in again in 2015.

Thanks again, femmy2010. With the powers vested in me to rename at will, I hereby rename you "femmy2019", which is the year I plan to handover.

Long live Nigeria.

Your Presido

Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Demdem(m): 12:09pm On Jun 22, 2012
edicolove:

I never expected an ACN, MAU student like you to understand the meaning of the word sarcasm. And true to you name, you didn't disappoint! All hail Demdem, the son of a retardeen!

Firstly, Ffuck ACN

Edistupid, a descendant of the moronic clan brought up with a daily dose of both "Oyel" and "kai-kai" expects me to assume his statement was sarcasm? Iidiot that statement of urs is 50-50. it could be or not. grin grin grin
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Demdem(m): 12:11pm On Jun 22, 2012
edicolove:

Its called sarcasm, baby, sarcasm! Am glad am not female o! Who would have taken care of all these females around me. Would have been a disaster. Lol!

Now that we know that u are a useless He-Goat. we can now agree that it is sarcasm. i no be wizard grin grin
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by uzomagic(m): 12:12pm On Jun 22, 2012
Olaolufred:

THANK YOU FEMMY2010.
DIRTY HOME LEFT ODIOUS-IS MORE CALLED A DUMPSITE.
ASKING VISITORS TO COME WITH A CHAIR AND SIT IN THAT SAME DUMPSITE.
ONLY MAD MEN THINKS THAT WAY.
THEIR SUPORTERS ARE LIKE THEM.
Behold the puerile arguments! Nigeria remains a fertile ground brimming with opportunities and if a small group of thoughtless murderers want to by their senseless acts of violence, bring this Country to a halt, it behoves on all well meaning Nigerians to support the administration in areas of commendable progress, while not ignoring the acts of violence which in any case, falls under the direct purview of the Armed Forces who despite the enormous challenges are doing their best. Government cannot, should not and must not grind to a halt because of a senseless minority.
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by dedeike: 12:13pm On Jun 22, 2012
[quote author=Kobojunkie]

Let me tell you how inane the statement in bold is

You cannot sanely, year after year, Billions after Billions, resources after resources, continue to declare that a Government, with all the capabilities of fighting the scourge, announce that said Government still struggles with dealing with a mere group of individuals who according to you, have decided to put the country on standstill. The problem is it seems the "group", you speak of, is winning this one.

In 2010, Boko Haram was occasional news. In 2011, BokoHaram become near a monthly distraction. Now, Boko Haram has become a near weekly announcement in Nigeria. Clearly the security situation has gotten worse over the years. Clearly this group is winning this one, even as we continue to get only news of more vows, less solutions, from the Government.[/quote @kobojunkie, you have gone full circle in your show of ignorance on this forum. Tell me any country in the World that ended homegrown terrorism not to talk of suicide terrorism abruptly. Since my childhood days, it has become common place for any news round on Tv/ Radio to end with "3 died, 45 others injured when a bomb exploded in north west of Jordan or Syria, or Gaza or Iraq or Yemen. Even America who doesn't hve the same homegrown terrorism and ethnic/ Religious complexities as we hve, was attacked by Oama Bin Laden. In all their sophistication, it took them almost a decade to kill Osama Bin laden. Even at that, Al quadea still thrives globally. If you were a good student of history, you would hve come across IRA, a group that terrorized Uk for over 30 years. So you don't just come here and blabb over issues that you know little or nothing about . The fight agains t BokonHaram is ongoing and only yesterday a notorious leader of the sect, Hammed Baba was arrested. Gradually, the storm will be over just like other security challenges we hve faced in the past. All thevhovt needs is our prayer andnsupport
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by mamanphillipi: 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2012
GEJ you clueless zookeeper, who handed u a country of humans to run? Anyway sha bring back brazillian hair for me. U suppose get original one there since ur at the source

PresGEJ:

God bless you, femmy2010. And you're even an Ngabti man.

Many of the Brazilian investors can't even afford the airfare, talk less of hotel bills in Nigeria or feeding allowance. They say Nigeria is too far!

I had to beg and beg. On top of that, we have to pay for their first class airfare to Nigeria, close the airport 3 hours before they arrive/depart, 5-star accommodation, and other "state hospitalities" I am not at liberty to mention in public.

All these I do for you. What do I get in return? Slow people calling me "Retardeen", and dull people (without PhDs) calling me Jona-Dull. Rubbish! You will all eat the humble pie and vote me in again in 2015.

Thanks again, femmy2010. With the powers vested in me to rename at will, I hereby rename you "femmy2019", which is the year I plan to handover.

Long live Nigeria.

Your Presido

Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 12:19pm On Jun 22, 2012
dedeike: you have gone full circle in your show of ignorance on this forum. Tell me any country in the World that ended homegrown terrorism not to talk of suicide terrorism abruptly. Since my childhood days, it has become common place for any news round on Tv/ Radio to end with "3 died, 45 others injured when a bomb exploded in north west of Jordan or Syria, or Gaza or Iraq or Yemen. Even America who doesn't hve the same homegrown terrorism and ethnic/ Religious complexities as we hve, was attacked by Oama Bin Laden. In all their sophistication, it took them almost a decade to kill Osama Bin laden. Even at that, Al quadea still thrives globally. If you were a good student of history, you would hve come across IRA, a group that terrorized Uk for over 30 years. So you don't just come here and blabb over issues that you know little or nothing about . The fight agains t BokonHaram is ongoing and only yesterday a notorious leader of the sect, Hammed Baba was arrested. Gradually, the storm will be over just like other security challenges we hve faced in the past. All thevhovt needs is our prayer andnsupport

Um . . . I would like to engage you but I see you are here to offer me the same empty-brained analysis I read from many Nigerians, and the Nigeria media especially on issues that concern the lives of Nigerians, and Nigeria as a whole.

You are told that the situation, in Nigeria, has in the last 2 years, NOT IMPROVED, and you come here looking to ask me of comparing Nigeria to WAR TORNS countries around the world? Are you sane at all?

So you do admit that even though Nigeria on paper is not a country at war, it is to be compare only with countries at war? Doesn't that alone register in your head that SOMETHING IS GONE TERRIBLY WRONG AND STILL IS? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided You own head is telling you this but somehow you disconnect from that to argue that I am the ignorant one here?? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by dedeike: 12:20pm On Jun 22, 2012
@kobojunkie, you have gone full circle in your show of ignorance on this forum.

Tell me any country in the World that ended homegrown terrorism not to talk of suicide terrorism abruptly. Since my childhood days, it has become common place for any news round on Tv/ Radio to end with "3 died, 45 others injured when a bomb exploded in north west of Jordan or Syria, or Gaza or Iraq or Yemen. Even America who doesn't hve the same homegrown terrorism and ethnic/ Religious complexities as we hve, was attacked by Oama Bin Laden.

In all their sophistication, it took them almost a decade to kill Osama Bin laden. Even at that, Al quadea still thrives globally. If you were a good student of history, you would hve come across IRA, a group that terrorized Uk for over 30 years. So you don't just come here and blabb over issues that you know little or nothing about . The fight agains t BokonHaram is ongoing and only yesterday a notorious leader of the sect, Hammed Baba was arrested.

Gradually, the storm will be over just like other security challenges we hve faced in the past. All the govt needs is our prayer and support
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 12:21pm On Jun 22, 2012
dedeike: you have gone full circle in your show of ignorance on this forum. Tell me any country in the World that ended homegrown terrorism not to talk of suicide terrorism abruptly. Since my childhood days, it has become common place for any news round on Tv/ Radio to end with "3 died, 45 others injured when a bomb exploded in north west of Jordan or Syria, or Gaza or Iraq or Yemen. Even America who doesn't hve the same homegrown terrorism and ethnic/ Religious complexities as we hve, was attacked by Oama Bin Laden. In all their sophistication, it took them almost a decade to kill Osama Bin laden. Even at that, Al quadea still thrives globally. If you were a good student of history, you would hve come across IRA, a group that terrorized Uk for over 30 years. So you don't just come here and blabb over issues that you know little or nothing about . The fight agains t BokonHaram is ongoing and only yesterday a notorious leader of the sect, Hammed Baba was arrested. Gradually, the storm will be over just like other security challenges we hve faced in the past. All thevhovt needs is our prayer andnsupport

Um . . . I would like to engage you but I see you are here to offer me the same empty-brained approach to analysis I get from many Nigerians, and the Nigeria media especially on issues that concern the lives of Nigerians, and Nigeria as a whole. Anywho, I will skip the inane portions and get back to my point.

You are told that the situation, in Nigeria, has in the last 2 years, NOT IMPROVED, and you come here looking to ask me of comparing Nigeria to WAR TORN countries around the world? Are you sane at all?

So you do admit that even though Nigeria, on paper, is not a country at war, it is to be compared only with countries at war? grin Doesn't that alone register in your head that SOMETHING IS GONE TERRIBLY WRONG AND STILL IS? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided You own head is telling you this but somehow you disconnect from that to argue that I am the ignorant one here?? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by dedeike: 12:28pm On Jun 22, 2012
@kobjunkie, Another escapist answer from a clueless blogger. Jordan is a war torn country right? isreal is war torn right? USA is also war torn? Uk during the IRA era was war torn. SMH. Illiteracy can't come in a better form. you came out blabbing about how Boko Haram has not been totally eliminated, I educated you on how even more advanced countries found it difficult to confront the challenge of terrorism in their own climes and still it didn't sink. Maybe I may hve to reply you in pidgin in English for a better understanding.
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2012
dedeike: @kobjunkie, Another escapist answer from a clueless blogger. Jordan is a war torn country right? isreal is war torn right? USA is also war torn? Uk during the IRA era was war torn. SMH. Illiteracy can't come in a better form. you came out blabbing about how Boko Haram has not been totally eliminated, I educated you on how even more advanced countries found it difficult to confront the challenge of terrorism in their own climes and still it didn't sink. Maybe I may hve to reply you in pidgin in English for a better understanding.

Like I said . . . I skipped the inane in your stupid retort. AlQuaeda exist in most every country in the world today. However, it only seems to thrive mostly in countries where the leaders remain in an UNSURE state, and most of these are the war torn countries.

Again, over the past 2 years, we have seen a SIGNIFICANT INCREASE in number of attacks(NOT DECREASE, or a LEVELING OUT). That is clear indication that we are not working . . . the terrorists are winning.

I don't know what other language I need to write this in for it to register, but I think I have done enough at this point with this message.
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Demdem(m): 12:33pm On Jun 22, 2012
@DeDeike
What kobo is telling u is that despite the efforts being put by our govt as they claimed, things arent getting better but worse. Dont u think its fair to think that this govt is not capable since the result of their efforts so far as been plain failure?
The more effort they claim they are putting in, the more people dies undecided undecided
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2012
Demdem: @DeDeike
What kobo is telling u is that despite the efforts being put by our govt as they claimed, things arent getting better but worse. Dont u think its fair to think that this govt is not capable since the result of their efforts so far as been plain failure?
The more effort they claim they are putting in, the more people dies undecided undecided

And here I dey think say na engrish I been dey talk since.
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Demdem(m): 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2012
@dedeike,
Ok another language, this may help:

wettin kobo dey tel u be say, the more work govt talk say dem dey do all these yrs, the more people dey kpeme. e bi like say dis our govt no fit find solution nau undecided undecided
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by gegee(m): 12:40pm On Jun 22, 2012
maybe brazillian hair will be cheaper
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by dedeike: 12:49pm On Jun 22, 2012
@Kobojunkie, your olodo don ripe. Where 4 dis world u don hear say pple wey dey Kpai ppleKpai demselves join, dey comot kpatakpata like dat. E dey hard to comot dt kind gbege kpatakpata. America wey we see so never comot Al quadea wey dey worry dem kpatakpata.

Osama bin laden worry America well well and America find am well well for 10 yrs b4 dey fit see am Kpai. If to say you sabi book, u fr don sabi group wey dem dey call IRA fr UK. D pple worry reach 30 yrs fr Uk. So Kpai pple, kpai ur self join, no be small matter. We all sabi say na our broads fr north dem dem wey no happy say Jonathan win, they do all dis one but govt dey catch dem one by one. They don first catch Kabiru Sokoto and him broda Abu Quaca, yesterday, they catch d strong head fr inside Boko Haram, Hammed Baba. One by one. God go help us
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by dedeike: 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2012
@kobojunkie, you re very smart at dodging questions. The questions are simple enough. How long did IRA terrorise British citizens? how long did it take America to kill Osama Bin laden? inspite of the sophistication of Isreali intelligence, don't bombs still explode in some parts of Isreali territory? is the entire country engulfed in Bomb explosions as you group of haters would want to erroneously portray. Fighting suicide terror is not an easy task anywhere in the world.

The Fg is really trying their best. It could hve been worse. after the attack on force headquarters in Abj, Boko Haram released a long list of agencies slated for attack in Abj including transcorp Hilton and all. But it has not been easy for them. Left for Boko Haram, there Shud be no Abuja but the security agencies are on top of the situation. what they hve resorted to do is to move into core northern states to attack defenseless christains worshipping in churches. sheer cowardice!

But the govt is still after them in those areas. During the week, the JTF engaged them in a gun battle at Yobe killing over 45 of them. Yesterday, they succeeded in arresting Hammed, the notorious Bomber. Na one by one
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Olaolufred(m): 1:28pm On Jun 22, 2012
uzomagic: Behold the puerile arguments! Nigeria remains a fertile ground brimming with opportunities and if a small group of thoughtless murderers want to by their senseless acts of violence, bring this Country to a halt, it behoves on all well meaning Nigerians to support the administration in areas of commendable progress, while not ignoring the acts of violence which in any case, falls under the direct purview of the Armed Forces who despite the enormous challenges are doing their best. Government cannot, should not and must not grind to a halt because of a senseless minority.

Thanks Uzomagic.
You can call it whatever you want.
I agree with you that Nigeria is a fertile ground.
It was a fertile ground to the families of 167 Dana Air crash.
It was to the Alison's who lost 10(wife,4 young children,and relations).
After all Mr Alison has worked hard to build over 30 years of his working life,
Why would it end just like this?
You may say it is a coincidence. Remember he's travel so well in America(with over 87,000 flights a day) without loosing his loved children and wife.
But in Nigeria that records less than 500 flights a day, He lost everything.
My Yoruba and Ibo brothers in North have invested and thought it was time to reap the labour of years of labour. Most were killed in several attacks in recent time which you are aware of. What is the essence of those years of labour when they are not guaranteed safety.
I repeat, that Brazil can bring all they have to nigeria as you want, but Insecurity will destroy their billion dollars investment in minutes.
Good governance is not just in beging for help,
It is about sitting down to think first. Then initiate a move from within that can encourage helps from without.
Don't be offended in me. We are only reasoning together.
Though it may look childish according to you, but it is not completely irrelevant.
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by edicolove: 1:34pm On Jun 22, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Like I said . . . I skipped the inane in your stupid retort. AlQuaeda exist in most every country in the world today. However, it only seems to thrive mostly in countries where the leaders remain in an UNSURE state, and most of these are the war torn countries.

Again, over the past 2 years, we have seen a SIGNIFICANT INCREASE in number of attacks(NOT DECREASE, or a LEVELING OUT). That is clear indication that we are not working . . . the terrorists are winning.

I don't know what other language I need to write this in for it to register, but I think I have done enough at this point with this message.

My friend, you don't ever argue intelligently, why? You always grandstand and try to take this "superior" posture like you know what you are saying. Maybe it is a tactics, I don't know. Or maybe its just plain deception or ignorance, time will tell.

That there is increase in BH attacks is neither a sign of success or failure. Failure or success is not an event, it is a process. Only appreciable time will judge if the last 2 years has been sucessful or a failure. Like the other lad said above, this is home grown terrorism, not just some external attacks. it takes time to put in place all that is required to tackle the menace. These include socio-cultural resources, not just guns and policemen. The securityy agencies require completely new structures and knowledge and training to handle this and considering we are talking about a fifty year mess of a country, that's asking a lot in so short a time. If you are one of those who think stopping BH is so easy, then you have no clue really. Americans could not stop suicide attacks in IRAQ in all their donkey long years there even with the full support and participation of the IRAQI government. The simple reason was that it is a home grown terrorism fuelled by the socio-political divides in the country. America does not have that kind of situation back at home. The last 2 years have been a total rebuilding of our security forces and it will take a while for things to become really appreciable. I never dreamt that one day, there will be no policemen on the road collected bribe, but now, we are there. So I will keep having faith!
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2012
I enjoy the way many on here INJECT their delusions and their INSECURITIES into my posts as if I am the one making the claims they accuse me of.

[size=14pt]
Again, over the past 2 years, we have witnessed a SIGNIFICANT INCREASE in number of attacks(NOT DECREASE, or a LEVELING OUT). That is clear indication that we are not working . . . the terrorists are winning.
[/size]

I dare any non nincompoop out there to tell me the above statement is A LIE~~!!

Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by edicolove: 1:39pm On Jun 22, 2012
Olaolufred:

Thanks Uzomagic.
You can call it whatever you want.
I agree with you that Nigeria is a fertile ground.
It was a fertile ground to the families of 167 Dana Air crash.
It was to the Alison's who lost 10(wife,4 young children,and relations).
After all Mr Alison has worked hard to build over 30 years of his working life,
Why would it end just like this?
You may say it is a coincidence. Remember he's travel so well in America(with over 100,000 flights a day) without loosing his loved children and wife.
But in Nigeria that records less than 100 flights a day, He lost everything.
My Yoruba and Ibo brothers in North have invested and thought it was time to reap the labour of years of labour. Most were killed in several attacks in recent time which you are aware of. What is the essence of those years of labour when they are not guaranteed safety.
I repeat, that Brazil can bring all they have to nigeria as you want, but Insecurity will destroy their billion dollars investment in minutes.
Good governance is not just in beging for help,
It is about sitting down to think first. Then initiate a move from within that can encourage helps from without.
Don't be offended in me. We are only reasoning together.
Though it may look childish according to you, but it is not completely irrelevant.

I see your point then. Just the way insecurity has destroyed MTN, Etisalat, DSTV, Chivita, Heinekein, Alomo bitters, Shoprite, IBTC, etc. Ok I get it. You must be a genius. Ouch!
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by edicolove: 1:47pm On Jun 22, 2012
Kobojunkie:

[size=14pt]
Again, over the past 2 years, we have witnessed a SIGNIFICANT INCREASE in number of attacks(NOT DECREASE, or a LEVELING OUT). That is clear indication that we are not working . . . the terrorists are winning.
[/size]

ITS A BIG FAT LIE!!!

Trying to grandstand again, abi?

That there is increase in BH attacks is neither a sign of success or failure. Failure or success is not an event, it is a process. Only appreciable time will judge if the last 2 years has been sucessful or a failure. Like the other lad said above, this is home grown terrorism, not just some external attacks. it takes time to put in place all that is required to tackle the menace. These include socio-cultural resources, not just guns and policemen. The securityy agencies require completely new structures and knowledge and training to handle this and considering we are talking about a fifty year mess of a country, that's asking a lot in so short a time. If you are one of those who think stopping BH is so easy, then you have no clue really. Americans could not stop suicide attacks in IRAQ in all their donkey long years there even with the full support and participation of the IRAQI government. The simple reason was that it is a home grown terrorism fuelled by the socio-political divides in the country. America does not have that kind of situation back at home. The last 2 years have been a total rebuilding of our security forces and it will take a while for things to become really appreciable. I never dreamt that one day, there will be no policemen on the road collecting bribe, but now, we are there. So I will keep having faith!
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:48pm On Jun 22, 2012
Kobojunkie: I enjoy the way many on here INJECT their delusions and their INSECURITIES into my posts as if I am the one making the claims they accuse me of.

[size=14pt]
[/size]

English comprehension classes are seriously needed here ooo!!
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Olaolufred(m): 1:51pm On Jun 22, 2012
edicolove:

I see your point then. Just the way insecurity has destroyed MTN, Etisalat, DSTV, Chivita, Heinekein, Alomo bitters, Shoprite, IBTC, etc. Ok I get it. You must be a genius. Ouch!

We are getting close to that if there is no change.
Some of them will make it relocating their immediate families outside nigeria.
Many of them them won't be that fortunate.
All they embezled for years will be left useless when the coming anarchy engulf their entire family and business.
Those companies won't die.
But they will loose money and investments. They will see those remains of their BTS,SWITCHES and it will take some years and billions to get things back on track.
Some of them, shoprite will become the food supply source for freedom fighters.
The time is ticking bit by bit.
You won't know until it comes like a thief in the night.
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Captainajama: 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2012
Refugee 1: I don't know what is good about the planned visit by the Brazilians. I remember in late 2010 a group of investors from the Nordic countries (Norway, Sweden, Finland) came to Nigeria with good intents of investing in the nation's power sector. I was representing a company in Norway who wanted to invest in Oyan dam, Ikere gorge, Dadin Kowa Dam and Farin Ruwa Dam. the combined hydroelectric capacity of these dams is at least 50MW. After all the fanfare, nothing came out of the visit. Among the investors that came then were finance institutions from these countries who were willing to invest some good money. Remember GEJ was the President then.

I don't know how familiar NLanders are with Gurara hydroelectric power station. The first phase of 15MW has been completed and commissioned in late 2010 but up till now power is yet to be evacuated from the facility. The reason being lack of transmission facility. The cost running a transmission line and switch yard from Gurara to the nearest transmission network is about one fifth the cost of the plant. Yet the Government is doing nothing about that power wasting daily.

Or do we talk about the billions cubic feet of natural and associated gas being wasted annually while NNPC and the Government is looking the other way. What about infrastructures that are constructed without maintenance plans.

We can rebuild our economy and improve our infrastructure without foreign investments if he Government applies a holistic approach. Let us apply the principle that some countries as poor as Nigeria before once adopted, that is, if we can't produce it we don't need it. I don't see anything good coming out of this planned visit. It will go the way of many similar visits in the past.
. If you took time to read the last post by the poster of this interesting topic that has taken up our interest, you will appreciate the steps taken to address your fears and most of your questions will be answered. You were part of the team....agreed. But take time to find out what is happening. Look up the post " Jonathan's power sector reform is working and on track"
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by edicolove: 2:01pm On Jun 22, 2012
Olaolufred:

We are getting close to that if there is no change.
Some of them will make it relocating their immediate families outside nigeria.
Many of them them won't be that fortunate.
All they embezled for years will be left useless when the coming anarchy engulf their entire family and business.
Those companies won't die.
But they will loose money and investments. They will see those remains of their BTS,SWITCHES and it will take some years and billions to get things back on track.
Some of them, shoprite will become the food supply source for freedom fighters.
The time is ticking bit by bit.
You won't know until it comes like a thief in the night.

You are nothing but a blabbing prophet of doom! The only thing ticking is your ignorance. Get a life!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? / Maku’s Guber Ambition ‘a Fraud’ – PDP / 20 Killed In Fresh Attacks By Boko Haram In Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.