Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria (13469 Views)

Saraki To Lead Delegation To IDP Camps / Buhari, Obama & VP Joe Biden With Nigerian Delegation At The White House (Photo) / Mark To Lead Delegation To Pope Francis Inauguration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Mandelaguy(m): 6:32pm On Jun 21, 2012
Brazilian President to lead delegation of businessmen to Nigeria

Ben Agande, Abuja

Brazilian President, Dilma Rousseff is to lead a delegation of businessmen from the Latin American country to explore areas of investment in Nigeria in order to  boost economic and trade relations between both countries.

The visit which is on the invitation of President Jonathan is to seek Brazilian expertise in the areas of mechanized agriculture,  power generation and other sectors that Brazil has comparative advantage over Nigeria.

Heads of state and government representatives attending the UN Conference on Sustainable Development Rio+20 pose for the family photo, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on June 20, 2012. AFP PHOTO
President Jonathan who extended the invitation at a bilateral meeting with the Brazilian President  during the ongoing United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development, noted that greater economic and developmental cooperation would be in the mutual interest of Nigeria and Brazil.

According to him,  Nigeria will welcome increased Brazilian support and cooperation for the development of mechanized agriculture, power generation and other sectors in which Brazilians are globally acknowledged experts.

President Jonathan also called for the revitalization of the Africa-South American Cooperation Forum which was jointly initiated by Nigeria’s former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and the former President of Brazil, Mr. Lula Da Silva as a platform for the promotion of economic and political cooperation between the two countries and continents.

Accepting President Jonathan’s invitation to visit Nigeria, President Rousseff said that she will come with Brazilian investors and businessmen with expertise in many fields to give them an opportunity to meet their Nigerian counterparts with a view to establishing profitable joint ventures.

She assured President Jonathan that Brazil, currently the world’s sixth largest economy, would be glad to deploy the skills and expertise which its people have acquired in many fields, including engineering, construction, technology, public infrastructure, hydro-power generation and large scale mechanised agriculture for economic growth and development in Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/brazilian-president-to-lead-delegation-of-businessmen-to-nigeria/
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Mandelaguy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 21, 2012
They didn't waste time to call his movement useless,now they will come tongues in cheek and beg.
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by 9jaIhail(m): 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2012
Weldone GEJ haters continue hating while you continue proving them wrong.I thought they said on this forum that you went to brazil for wasteful purpose?

God be with you GEJ

1 Like

Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Arosa(m): 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2012
Nice one, I hope they stay in Lagos not Abuja on their visit. A+++ for GEJ.
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by 9jaIhail(m): 7:01pm On Jun 21, 2012
Arosa: Nice one, I hope they stay in Lagos not Abuja on their visit. A+++ for GEJ.

Una with this una mentality of lagos and abuja.does it mean other states in Nigeria is not acknowledged? I tire for this country,for crying out loud lagos and abuja need to be disconjucsted.Other states deserve to be developed.

1 Like

Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by DaRapture: 7:14pm On Jun 21, 2012
Mandelaguy: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/brazilian-president-to-lead-delegation-of-businessmen-to-nigeria/ Ben Agande, Abuja
Brazilian President, Dilma Rousseff is to lead a delegation of businessmen from the Latin American country to explore areas of investment in Nigeria in order to  boost economic and trade relations between both countries.

The visit which is on the invitation of President Jonathan is to seek Brazilian expertise in the areas of mechanized agriculture,  power generation and other sectors that Brazil has comparative advantage over Nigeria.

Heads of state and government representatives attending the UN Conference on Sustainable Development Rio+20 pose for the family photo, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on June 20, 2012. AFP PHOTO
President Jonathan who extended the invitation at a bilateral meeting with the Brazilian President  during the ongoing United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development, noted that greater economic and developmental cooperation would be in the mutual interest of Nigeria and Brazil.

According to him,  Nigeria will welcome increased Brazilian support and cooperation for the development of mechanized agriculture, power generation and other sectors in which Brazilians are globally acknowledged experts.

President Jonathan also called for the revitalization of the Africa-South American Cooperation Forum which was jointly initiated by Nigeria’s former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and the former President of Brazil, Mr. Lula Da Silva as a platform for the promotion of economic and political cooperation between the two countries and continents.

Accepting President Jonathan’s invitation to visit Nigeria, President Rousseff said that she will come with Brazilian investors and businessmen with expertise in many fields to give them an opportunity to meet their Nigerian counterparts with a view to establishing profitable joint ventures.

She assured President Jonathan that Brazil, currently the world’s sixth largest economy, would be glad to deploy the skills and expertise which its people have acquired in many fields, including engineering, construction, technology, public infrastructure, hydro-power generation and large scale mechanised agriculture for economic growth and development in Nigeria.
F

This is good news, Brazil is a MUCH, MUCH more realistic, trusting and worthy developmental patner for Nigeria and Sub Sahara Africa as a whole than China and India or any other Asian nation.

1 Like

Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Arosa(m): 7:31pm On Jun 21, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Una with this una mentality of lagos and abuja.does it mean other states in Nigeria is not acknowledged? I tire for this country,for crying out loud lagos and abuja need to be disconjucsted.Other states deserve to be developed.

My post was made as a suggestion to where the conference should hold. It has nothing to do with choice of state to be developed.
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Captainajama: 7:34pm On Jun 21, 2012
The man is gradually proving his critics wrong by showing them that he has a mission with a direction. When they woke up and heard that he has gone to to brazil, they wanted to skin him alive. I am seriously waiting to see what they will say this time. But trust the haters, they will also manufacture unexisting things about the man. They won't see talk and talk now.
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by 9jaIhail(m): 7:39pm On Jun 21, 2012
Captainajama: The man is gradually proving his critics wrong by showing them that he has a mission with a direction. When they woke up and heard that he has gone to to brazil, they wanted to skin him alive. I am seriously waiting to see what they will say this time. But trust the haters, they will also manufacture unexisting things about the man. They won't see talk and talk now.

You mean you are waiting people like DEMDEM,KOBOJUNKY ALJ_HARA,? I am sorry but you can't find them near this post hence unless they manufacture and fabricate unexisting lies then you will see them jumping out with their red eyes like a frog inside pit hole/

1 Like

Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
This is the best time for Yorubaland to make a tourist zone.

2 Likes

Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by 9jaIhail(m): 7:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
Arosa:

My post was made as a suggestion to where the conference should be hold. It has nothing to do with choice of state to be developed.

Well maybe i misquoted you bro.life goes on no heat
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by jason123: 7:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
Good GEJ!!! But please we need you to arrest the sponsors of BH asap if not, these investors will leave!

3 Likes

Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by GAB1: 7:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
Story story, story teller. Na today foreing investors dey visit nigeria? They are just trying to justify his visit to brazil with 116 delegates Next topic pls

8 Likes

Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
Nigerians suffer from severe lack of prioritizing. I can't even advise my friends to go home, let alone bring a whole Brazilian leader and his delegation of businessmen. We have no shame.

Brazil vs Nigeria friendly was called off because of bombings, and rightfully so. Now we should clap because a Brazilian delegation is coming? The north is in total chaos for Christ's sake.

Nigeria is like a leaking pipe, riddled with holes. Rather than GEJ to repair or entirely replace the pipe, he puts a bandage on one of the tiniest of holes. Business first. National security later. Well done.

16 Likes

Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 21, 2012
Abeg you don't even mention India , they are worst than Us. I rather have business to do with a Chinese not India.
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
Interesting!! The Brazilian delegation would have REFUSED a visit to Nigeria sometime before the end of the year if the Nigerian President himself had not shown up in Brazil for the one day summit? I highly doubt that! undecided undecided undecided

Anyways, lets see when they finally get here(the delegation is supposed to arrive before the end of 2012), we will see what deals will be made and actual benefits those who the President chose to ignore this week, will gain.
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by yohannazack(m): 8:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
It wl be a waste of resources if d issue of insecurity is not addressd. U think white pple are fools to invest in a place where d lives of their nationals wl be in danger or their investment wl be threatened? Wake up my brodas. Let him bring corruption and insecurity to their knees, every oda tin wl pop up naturally.

1 Like

Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by omenziate(m): 8:09pm On Jun 21, 2012
All na Wash.

2 Likes

Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by kolexy(m): 8:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
Mandelaguy: Brazilian President to lead delegation of businessmen to Nigeria

Ben Agande, Abuja

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/brazilian-president-to-lead-delegation-of-businessmen-to-nigeria/

How much are you paid for this propaganda?
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by gbadexy(m): 8:24pm On Jun 21, 2012
Well I grudgingly applaud this development.
However when is the exact time they are coming? I didn't expect the brazilian president to outrightly turn dow a direct invitation by our president due to courtesy and diplomacy.
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by ismhab(m): 8:25pm On Jun 21, 2012
Fresh Air.
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by yohannazack(m): 8:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
Do u knw how many investors hav come to invest in power sector? Jst in last month, gej hosted many investors dat hav com to invest in power sector, it was in dat meetin dat he urged dg of national orientation agency to carry out intensive sensitisation progrm fo pple to knw abut d new tariff. And pple hav statd payin fo light dey did not enjoy. remember he was in germany, italy all in a bid to bring investors, wat have we seen? How are we sure dat d so calld visit of d brazilian investors wl hold water?
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Jun 21, 2012
yohanna zack: It wl be a waste of resources if d issue of insecurity is not addressd. U think white pple are fools to invest in a place where d lives of their nationals wl be in danger or their investment wl be threatened? Wake up my brodas. Let him bring corruption and insecurity to their knees, every oda tin wl pop up naturally.

Stop trying to stone the "WHITE MAN" for mistakes the "BLACK MAN" continues to make with his own destiny.

We have invited india, pakistan, china, italy, germany etc. And they all "invested" .. Some for decades longer than others. Why blame them for doing exactly what you called on them to come do in Nigeria?
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 21, 2012
Poor Brazilians they dont have a clue what may befall them by investing in this cesspit. They risk getting bombed, robbed, kidnapped or crashing in an airplane. they need 2 understand that to invest in Nigeria the 1st step is to carry out a life insurance policy.
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:35pm On Jun 21, 2012
Just one of those normal gists. Mtchew***
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by ebamma(m): 8:37pm On Jun 21, 2012
i hope the poster is not trying to usurp reuben abati's job .
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by kennytidistar(m): 8:39pm On Jun 21, 2012
my presido is a purposeful president always on the right direction and refused to be distracted by their so called boko are ram! thumb up GEJ may the Good Lord be with you, hater you may go and kiss lion.

1 Like

Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by mufc009(m): 8:39pm On Jun 21, 2012
Na today undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by lanetrips: 8:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
Jonathan doesn't need dis.let him get power and security right and he will be a darling to all
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by AGBORMAN1(m): 8:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
PRESIDENT GEJ 2011 TO 2019.

IF U R UNHAPPY, PLEASE WAIT TILL 2019 OR RELOCATE TO BORNO STATE.
NO NEED TO ABUSE OR FIGHT ME.
MY WORDS ALWAYS COMES TO PAST.
PEACE N LOVE
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by coolzeal(m): 8:42pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
This is the best time for Yorubaland to make a tourist zone.

Did he go to Brazil for Yoruba or for Nigerians, perhaps we should try to put away our tribes sentiment and cling to the name Nigeria.
Re: Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria by Kayday(m): 8:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
Brazilian president will visit nigeria. Is GEJ not in brazil now? How's that a + to the brazilians? Even their pebragas or whatever is not on ground like dat. That joni is a misadventure. QED.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless / MEET THE FAMOUS AFIKPOCHIC (Her pics & Info) / 20 Killed In Fresh Attacks By Boko Haram In Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.