Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. (4319 Views)

Who Are More Romantic? Yoruba Or Igbo Or Hausa? / What Are The Name(s) You Finds More Romantic And Lovely When Hears Them?. / How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by acidtalk: 9:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
Everywhere one turns to there's always a complain of how Men of this generation are not romantic. To a very large extent I really agree because I can remember in the 70s, 80s and 90s when boys would regularly write love letters to their admirers (girlfriends), send poems, as well as memorize lyrics of love songs all this just to prove to the girl they are for real and win her heart.

This whole thing used to work way back then and such mode of 'toasting' saw so many people walking down the aisle.

Later in the 21st century, one of the surest way of winning a girls heart is how much money you spend on her, treats you give her and proving to be more than you are actually worth.

Sending of chocolates, flowers, candle night dinner and the rest were usually done on Valentines Day (Feb 14) and no other day again throughout the year.

Just walking and holding hands under the moon, or whispering to each others eyes under a coconut tree were fun and classified ad being romantic then so where did it all go wrong?

The Question now is Ladies CAN YOU ADVICE US ON WAYS TO BE MORE ROMANTIC?

Your Mature Contribution Is seriously needed. At least we are tired of hearing how unromantic we are?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by 195(f): 9:37pm On Jun 21, 2012
well on my own

Ive decided to enter BUSH pluck hibiscus flower for any girl i like
if she nor accept make she enter sugar cane plantation begin farm

na she know undecided undecided
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by acidtalk: 11:48pm On Jun 21, 2012
190_@:
well on my own

Ive decided to enter BUSH pluck hibiscus flower for any girl i like
if she nor accept make she enter sugar cane plantation begin farm

na she know undecided undecided
lie lie boy.

I heard you dey love pieces. That you can actually empty your bank account for a girl you love.
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by ijebabe: 12:02am On Jun 22, 2012
Hmmmm....where to start from?

I think the first step would be to make out time for the one you love, whether it's a day of the week that's reserved for just you two. However you decide to spend that time is up to you.
When you take her out get the doors, be attentive to what she says. Eye and body contact is very romantic, could be holding hands or hands around her waist smiley. Even if you've had a bad day let it go and just enjoy her company. Believe me your setting the mood for how the night is going to end wink
Most men will only do things if they think it'll lead to sex. While that is not so bad you should also do the things just for the sake of making her happy.

1 Like

Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by 195(f): 12:20am On Jun 22, 2012
acidtalk: lie lie boy.

I heard you dey love pieces. That you can actually empty your bank account for a girl you love.

shocked shocked
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by acidtalk: 8:22am On Jun 22, 2012
190_@:

shocked shocked

Its a matter of yes or No.
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by 195(f): 8:29am On Jun 22, 2012
no! embarassed embarassed
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by acidtalk: 8:48am On Jun 22, 2012
190_@:
no! embarassed embarassed

So you are a badt player.
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by 195(f): 9:08am On Jun 22, 2012
dude ive got 3 girlfriends DUH!
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by acidtalk: 11:36am On Jun 22, 2012
190_@:
dude ive got 3 girlfriends DUH!

Let's share 2 then you keep one all to yourself.
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by pendo89(f): 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2012
Start with basics because they are the foundation then build on that.
eg. Confidence,Boldness,Hygiene. Those to me are basics and physical.
The rest are subjective because Romance means diff. things to diff.girls.

So first woo her with your confidence and boldness.
Next understand what makes her tick.
Then build on that and she will be happy.

If you happen to meet another girl,repeat the basics,Understand what makes her tick and build on that again.
Its tiring but that is the challenge that comes with dating.
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2012
pendo89: Start with basics because they are the foundation then build on that.
eg. Confidence,Boldness,Hygiene. Those to me are basics and physical.
The rest are subjective because Romance means diff. things to diff.girls.

So first woo her with your confidence and boldness.
Next understand what makes her tick.
Then build on that and she will be happy.

If you happen to meet another girl,repeat the basics,Understand what makes her tick and build on that again.
Its tiring but that is the challenge that comes with dating.

hmmm. that's easier than I imagined
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by IZUKWU(m): 5:14pm On Jun 22, 2012
ijebabe: Hmmmm....where to start from?

I think the first step would be to make out time for the one you love, whether it's a day of the week that's reserved for just you two. However you decide to spend that time is up to you.
When you take her out get the doors, be attentive to what she says. Eye and body contact is very romantic, could be holding hands or hands around her waist smiley. Even if you've had a bad day let it go and just enjoy her company. Believe me your setting the mood for how the night is going to end wink
Most men will only do things if they think it'll lead to sex. While that is not so bad you should also do the things just for the sake of making her happy.
i do all these plus more. I look into her eyes and tell her all the romantic nonsense that comes into my mind.
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by ijebabe: 5:21pm On Jun 22, 2012
IZUKWU: i do all these plus more. I look into her eyes and tell her all the romantic nonsense that comes into my mind.
grin
In that case you could go the extra mile by giving her neck and feet massages without expecting sex in return. Cook her favourite meal once in a while and keep reminding her why you fell in love with her. If you already do all this then i'll tell you the next steps to follow cheesy
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2012
ijebabe:
grin
In that case you could go the extra mile by giving her neck and feet massages without expecting sex in return. Cook her favourite meal once in a while and keep reminding her why you fell in love with her. If you already do all this then i'll tell you the next steps to follow cheesy
Why revealing my secret?
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by ijebabe: 6:01pm On Jun 22, 2012
sexkillz: Why revealing my secret?
They want to be taught. C'mon play nice smiley
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 22, 2012
@OP
if you truly believe that what was done in the 70s 80s was romantic, then i suggest you do JUST THAT with your gal, dont be caught up with the BS of whining and dining that would NEVER bring the same effect as what you wrote.
sadly, the whole problem is men like YOU, if you are quick to change because of society.....believe me, if you write a love letter to the right woman, it will still do the trick. the catch is: are you actually hanging out with such lady?!
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by acidtalk: 7:08pm On Jun 22, 2012
ijebabe:
grin

I do that even for a lady I am not in love with.

Last weekend gave a lady a massage and cooked for her (after doubting my cooking skills). She was initially saying she isn't in the mood for sex, before I could say s-e-x, she don commot cloth throway.
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by Jaykizz(m): 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2012
grin
acidtalk:

Last weekend gave a lady a massage and cooked for her (after doubting my cooking skills). She was initially saying she isn't in the mood for sex, before I could say s-e-x, she don commot cloth throway.
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by ijebabe: 9:00pm On Jun 22, 2012
acidtalk:

Werey! You did all these things cos you wanted something in return. Lol!
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by queensmith: 9:14pm On Jun 22, 2012
In all honesty the whole card flowers chocolate what you have it doesn't phase me, what is romantic in my books is turning up to my house with some cheesecake and a tub of ben & jerrys. Now that is romance. . . . . . . .what is more romantic than cookie dough and cheesecake.
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by Mynd44: 6:27am On Jun 23, 2012
ijebabe: Hmmmm....where to start from?

Hold the doors you say huh. I was at a fast food lately and we saw this attractive babe which my friend was interesting. As usual I was not even giving a hoot but he wanted her answer so when she was about reaching the door, he helped her open it, cam you believe that the babe actually thought he was trying to steal her purse?
I laughed my head off
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by acidtalk: 7:47am On Jun 23, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP
if you truly believe that what was done in the 70s 80s was romantic, then i suggest you do JUST THAT with your gal, dont be caught up with the BS of whining and dining that would NEVER bring the same effect as what you wrote.
sadly, the whole problem is men like YOU, if you are quick to change because of society.....believe me, if you write a love letter to the right woman, it will still do the trick. the catch is: are you actually hanging out with such lady?!

You have a point there. 'Cus till eternity my poems are still a Killer.

Once I compose and send them, she must develope that love my force. Don't do any single to them again though.
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by Lisa1: 9:23am On Jun 23, 2012
Thanks a lot[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by Mynd44: 9:27am On Jun 23, 2012
Lisa1: Thanks a lot[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Noting to say huh?
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by comm: 10:14am On Jun 23, 2012
acidtalk:

bros mission accomplished sha
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by ijebabe: 11:39am On Jun 23, 2012
Mynd_44:
Hold the doors you say huh. I was at a fast food lately and we saw this attractive babe which my friend was interesting. As usual I was not even giving a hoot but he wanted her answer so when she was about reaching the door, he helped her open it, cam you believe that the babe actually thought he was trying to steal her purse?
I laughed my head off
LOL! I can't speak for every psycho out there! grin
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by acidtalk: 12:42pm On Jun 23, 2012
Mynd_44:
I laughed my head off

Damn!!!
The dude would have been freaking embarrased.
Re: Please Teach Us How To Be More Romantic. by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 30, 2012
,as21dhf

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Doctor Foxzee's Romantic Clinic --- Answers To Your Many Questions / Yeaaah Fish!! Picture Of Me And A Popular Romancelander Guess Who?(pix) / Guys Why Do You 'like' Unattractive Female Profile Pics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.