Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,485 members, 7,830,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1036) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4422059 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 10:54am On Jul 26, 2017
Just came back from the hospital. About the rash The doctor said he might be reacting to something that I should get agnesia or raising raving powder. (Please experience mom please advice me)

About his cold and cough. She said I should get vitamin c and bells baby cough syrup (but I am not getting the cough syrup because I know he is still very small for that)

So I was thinking maybe I should get piriton syrup because that was what a doctor almost prescribed when the cough couldn't stop awhile back.

What do you mamas think please

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 26, 2017
XX01:

I don't really agree. I think babies need their mouths cleaned daily including their tongues. I used that baby toothbrush before getting a rough washcloth. It removed the white milk residue.

Not daily Mama. I was advised by a Paed not to do it daily and use cotton wool throughout. No tooth paste.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 26, 2017
lululuv:
Please Sabi mama's when can a mum start eating every normal food, we are 3weeks plus. I so much miss cold tins and cold bath, i just feel everything about me has changed.

Oya enter bathroom and open shower on top you head. Feel cool, you are overdue.

Eat whatever you feel like eating.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:03am On Jul 26, 2017
Giddyperson:

Hohoho how did you reach there? I thought the plan was pampers

My sister when I went to where I got the molfix, the lady didn't want to give me a refund but she was willing to swap. All she had was molfix and this nonsense I just got.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 11:04am On Jul 26, 2017
Akorkor:

Was using size 3 before and I just started with size 4. Here is our own Nigeria Pampers
@enque

abeg,how much is this one
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:09am On Jul 26, 2017
portable4real:
Good morning to all wonderful mamas... Still on d diapers matter dis early momo... ok na so I dey read all d comments on diapers.. well we never had issues with one yet. we have used Huggies SA, Huggies US, Nigerian pampers and premium, Molfix also was bae but I give d kudos to baby hugg and Huggies US and Asda Little Angels when it comes to super absorbent...

Naso I enter Jumia and was searching for diaper. Pampers premium dey dia for 1420 for 36pcs size 3. no delivery charges attached. for mamas interested.

hmmmm....Someone gifted me this baby hugg diaper last month but I never use am yet. Was waiting till my babyland diaper finish make I try am.
this one that u've mentioned it, I hope to testify too after I use mine. smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:09am On Jul 26, 2017
jazzyjazz:

My sister when I went to where I got the molfix, the lady didn't want to give me a refund but she was willing to swap. All she had was molfix and this nonsense I just got.
Choi, that woman only sells frying pan and fire, just leave this one for all those times when it's like an hour before bath time and you still have to change diaper, that's how I've been slowly finishing my plenty huggies

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 11:10am On Jul 26, 2017
olubankemi:

Not daily Mama. I was advised by a Paed not to do it daily and use cotton wool throughout. No tooth paste.

sugah:

Babies on breastmilk do not need thier mouth cleaned daily.
But you can choose to do whatever works for you.

sugah:

Babies on breastmilk do not need thier mouth cleaned daily.
But you can choose to do whatever works for you.

Wow. Thanks a lot. I didn't know that. My baby's mouth used to smell and had that white stuff even for the two months he was on that's why I felt it should be daily. My oyibo doctor said so but I felt n.a. for oyibo pikin. Cotton wool when a baby but by the time he is reaching 4/5 months, I don't think it's enough.

Modified.

Toothpaste should be fluoride free for 1 year and should start when they start growing teeth. Hope that's okay.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:11am On Jul 26, 2017
blackFTM:
Just came back from the hospital. About the rash The doctor said he might be reacting to something that I should get agnesia or raising raving powder. (Please experience mom please advice me)

About his cold and cough. She said I should get vitamin c and bells baby cough syrup (but I am not getting the cough syrup because I know he is still very small for that)

So I was thinking maybe I should get piriton syrup because that was what a doctor almost prescribed when the cough couldn't stop awhile back.

Agnesia powder is bae
Baby piriton is fine. That's what the paed gave my son a while back and it worked ( that's before we discovered he had a more serious wahala.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:13am On Jul 26, 2017
Giddyperson:

Choi, that woman only sells frying pan and fire, just leave this one for all those times when it's like an hour before bath time and you still have to change diaper, that's how I've been slowly finishing my plenty huggies

Ive learnt my lesson seriously. Next time I'm dragging dh to the wholesale area. This my side no get pass molfix.
I will be using this pack of nonsense I bought anyhow so it can finish quick
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 11:16am On Jul 26, 2017
Akorkor:

I support you because i do not see any reason why you will wash their mouth at those tender age. I do not wash my own baby mouth too. I just started at six month now just using wash cloth with warm water.

I used to do it until my son's paed stopped me. She talked about distorting the normal flora that had the cleansing potentials bla bla bla..... I just let it go jare, for my daughter.. I didn't bother. I got this toothpaste for my son but I've kept it for her since it's fluoride free and safe if swallowed.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:22am On Jul 26, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Eheeen...i figured they won't wanna refund.

Me I put up my molfix on Jiji and Olx, and luckily I got a buyer grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:25am On Jul 26, 2017
Giddyperson:

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:28am On Jul 26, 2017
limsycutey:
Hello mamas, I hope you and your little ones are doing great. smiley. I was one of the August 2016 mamas, Jisola will be 11months old tomorrow, how time flies! smiley A lot has been happening, relocation, new job, mummy duties I hardly have time to come here again.

I have a question please, my elder sister is pregnant with her second baby and she stays on the island. She used St. Luke's on commercial avenue (Yaba) for her first and she does not want to go back there. She went to southshore (somewhere in V. I) today and vaginal delivery is between 400k-500k shocked Please we need recommendations of good and relatively affordable hospitals on the island. Thank you.

Blood of Zachariah!!! shocked shocked shocked

CS go come be how much? 1 millaski??

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:37am On Jul 26, 2017
Giddyperson:

The chair in the middle is mine

See this woman oh! Eh hen ! I know your type....

Small invitation of " come follow me chop" you go just wash hand reach shoulder and carry the meat wey big pass!

Oya, move to the side!
No make i vex give you mat take siddon for ground!

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:42am On Jul 26, 2017
This is my life embarassed

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:45am On Jul 26, 2017
blackFTM:

my baby had lil rashes on her neck and shoulders and baby tribotan cleared it in 2-3 days. hers was caused by heat and not allergies.
Rising raving powder is also good (i have used it b4), but add little water and make it as a paste b4 u apply to ur baby's body.

how old is ur baby? how long ago did he u use the piriton?? I don't like to give drugs without a dr's prescription.
For the cold, u can keep administering vitamin C...if he is ebf, u can take oranges and other fruits rich in vit C and he wil get it from ur breast.milk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:46am On Jul 26, 2017
jazzyjazz:
This is my life embarassed

hehehehehe!! grin grin
we all can relate to this struggle.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:51am On Jul 26, 2017
enque:

Eheeen...i figured they won't wanna refund.

Me I put up my molfix on Jiji and Olx, and luckily I got a buyer grin

Mama Una for share this tips And tricks before na
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:54am On Jul 26, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Mama Una for share this tips And tricks before na

nne! no vex o biko....
it took like 3 weeks b4 I got a buyer o, and I had to discount the original price so I go fit sell am quick.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Damisinto: 11:54am On Jul 26, 2017
blackFTM:

Thank you so much for your response. I think I would prefer the general hospital akodo but I don't know how to get there....please help me with directions. Thanks

From ajah or wherever board a bus to eleko junction, from Eleko junction a car to akodo general hospital.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:56am On Jul 26, 2017
olubankemi:

Ahahahaah, I for share my experience ooo, am sure you for no go waste money for am. No be diaper at alllll. It was a waste of money. I change almost every hours. Even at night. If I sleep off I wake up seeing my bed wet and it's really sad.

Mama this is not fair o
Una for tell us na
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 26, 2017
enque:

hmmmm....Someone gifted me this baby hugg diaper last month but I never use am yet. Was waiting till my babyland diaper finish make I try am.
this one that u've mentioned it, I hope to testify too after I use mine. smiley
I want to buy baby Land, plz I hope the review is okay?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:56am On Jul 26, 2017
enque:

nne! no vex o biko....
it took like 3 weeks b4 I got a buyer o, and I had to discount the original price so I go fit sell am quick.

I for do discount too na as long as na to sell am. angry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:57am On Jul 26, 2017
Benignasweety:

Nne where you see am buy? I de find am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 11:57am On Jul 26, 2017
helovesme:

Take him to the hospital. It is possible he's got a chest infection.
Welcome back ma! thanks for the other day.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2017
Benignasweety:

I've used it twice...first time was a gift from someone and it was very nice, so I went to buy it to replace molfix. still on it now. we've had no issues so far.
I'd advice u to buy a single pack and try first....if it works well, then u can buy in bulk (that's if u do so normally)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2017
Fyngal1:

abeg,how much is this one

I bought it for 3500 from my special customer at Arena in Oshodi grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Nne where you see am buy? I de find am
One Pharmacy in the East when I was still running around for my unending lochia
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by reniduke(f): 12:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
Mamas please urgent request. Anyone know or can recommend creche around yaba to ebutemetta. Lo is almost 3months when i resume in 11days time. Im doing daycare cos im scared to hire nanny n leave a stranger in my house.
Next time ill get the nanny like one month before i resume and be observing her till i have to resume.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I for do discount too na as long as na to sell am. angry

pele!
na everything u pack go swap?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:06pm On Jul 26, 2017
Akorkor:

I bought it for 3500 from my special customer at Arena in Oshodi grin grin

This one u r adding 'special' to her title, biko tell us wetin dey wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.