Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1038) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4421820 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 2:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
Naomi14:
Osanobua me cheesy so they say those things.

There is always a demon in or around a person that is why the behave in x or y manner, it is never one's own fault.. do not get me wrong, some people are just pure and simply possessed as nothing can really explain them.. lol

however they always forget the most important thing.... GOD gave us free will, that means in a great many issues we have a CHOICE in how we behave and react to the temptations that dangle all around us.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2017
enque:

I wee teh ya pastor tongue

grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chychy4us: 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Hahaha true talk
The new one now is baby sits to play no problem, baby sits to play and watch TV no problem, mum stands up to pee or drink water while baby is watching His fave cartoon on TV and playing With his fave toys, biiiiiiiiiiig problem cheesy

My dear na so oh, I sometimes sneak out on her, before u will say Jack Robinson u will hear her crying. Food nko, when ever I am ready to settle down to eat my hot food, that's when she will wake up from sleep , I ll end up eating cold food

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BellaElla(f): 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2017
helovesme:

Take him to the hospital. It is possible he's got a chest infection.

Welcome back. i have missed you grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
We now have the Kinyo Single Breast Pump going for just 18K. Call 09053629994 to place your orders.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by portable4real: 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
@enque

I said a times if I want to change it it will look as if I just put it on him... still firm and dry ,,so I will commot am?MBA

if it is wet nothing will stop me from changing it of course.....

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by erne: 3:30pm On Jul 26, 2017
Facts About Our SHEA-BUTTER

Symmetric Unrefined Shea Butter from Ghana, is...naturally rich in a number of vitamins.

Vitamins A, E, F and K are the most popular.

Vitamin E balances and normalizes the skin. Helps keep it clear and healthy, particularly beneficial for dry or sun-exposed skin.

Vitamin A has soothing and hydrating properties which provides healthy skin collagen in order to prevent premature wrinkles, premature facial lines and premature slackened skin.

Vitamin F - Acts as a skin protector and revitalizer. It soothes rough, dry or chapped skin on contact and helps soften and revitalize dry or damaged hair. Vitamin F consists of linoleic, linolenic and arachidonic acids, the three essential fatty acids.

All these vital minerals are in the Symmetric brand of SHEA-BUTTER. It is raw, unrefined, grade A,100% natural Shea butter from Ghana.

PRICE: #1000 PER PACK.
#3000 PER Kg.

TO ORDER FOR THE SYMMETRIC RAW, UNREFINED, 100% NATURAL SHEA-BUTTER FROM GHANA:

Call/WhatsApp:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BellaElla(f): 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2017
debbydominic:
Good day mums. My hubby confessed to me some days ago that my live in maid that left last month, they both had some things going on, that they never had sex but they romanced countless times in the midnight when I was asleep. He said it started when I refused him sex so the girl in question started seducing him with her dressing. I have a 6 months old baby who wakes up in the midnight a lot to breastfeed. I trusted my hubby so much that I can't believe such a thing would happen, am in so much shock and so angry.he also confessed that that is the main reason she left cos web our sex life improved he wasn't going to her again.i asked him why he didn't tell me immediately all these started since I thought we were close, and he said he didn't know how I would react. Right now am not just talking with him anymore and I don't respect him again cos I remember how he yelled at me a lot when she was around. It's still as if am dreaming. Please experienced mothers advise.I have not being myself since he told me. What is holding me back from reacting is because he confessed and I didn't catch them in the act. At this stage I don't trust any man again.

You will come out strong,
Your marriage will overcome this by God's grace
How old is the girl in question?
Why did she leave, of her own will or you were tired of her staying?
I strongly believe both of them went all the way
You need to find out if she was forced or she was willing
How was she behaving before she left
Your hubby is trying to get a soft landing, find out if the girl was threatening to tell you, thats why he opened up.
You need to know the depth of their affair before any reconciliatory moves
Brace your self, you might hear more shockers (the girl can come back and claim pregnancy, rape etc)
I am not saying these to scare you, I only want you to lose your naivety.
No man is a saint, dont allow yourself be blamed. Your denying him sex was not the reason he went fore the help.
Also snoop and investigate properly, he might have affairs outside.
Do not start any reconciliation yet till you have as much facts as you can.
You will forgive him, it will take time, but you will.
Do not force yourself, give it time, give yourself some space.
Please dont go to church for reconciliation, they will ask you to kneel down and apologize to him for allowing his sexual spirit to wander.

15 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

There is always a demon in or around a person that is why the behave in x or y manner, it is never one's own fault.. do not get me wrong, some people are just pure and simply possessed as nothing can really explain them.. lol

however they always forget the most important thing.... GOD gave us free will, that means in a great many issues we have a CHOICE in how we behave and react to the temptations that dangle all around us.

What if her pastor or spiritual leader is well versed in counselling? cos some indeed are. ... just saying, I know one of the tenets of the profession is confidentiality.

I also think women should wise up and not make themselves gullible to all this "demon caused this, demon caused that" excuses from anybody which is prevalent in our society especially in cases of marital infidelity by the man.

The man should take full responsibility for his actions which should be addressed squarely. I speak peace into your marriage sis. It is well with us women

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2017
jazzyjazz:
This is my life embarassed
This is me too, I thought I was imagining things, I could have sworn this baby doesn't like to see me relax. She would sleep o as Lon as I'm not sleeping, once I lie down to sleep my own she'd wake up, she'd keep doing this until I give up on the sleep and face something else then she would sleep 4 hours straight.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chychy4us: 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2017
Mamas I greet u all, I want to ask a question, imagine I cannot contribute to Debbydominic post. This counseling of a thing, does it really work? If it does, it means I really need it. I found my self in such dilemma when I was pregnant with my first child, 10 years on, it's still on my mind. We've moved on but it really strained the relationship.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
chychy4us:
Mamas I greet u all, I want to ask a question, imagine I cannot contribute to Debbydominic post. This counseling of a thing, does it really work? If it does, it means I really need it. I found my self in such dilemma when I was pregnant with my first child, 10 years on, it's still on my mind. We've moved on but it really strained the relationship.

YES.....Counselling Works!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chychy4us: 3:49pm On Jul 26, 2017
BellaElla:

You will come out strong,
Your marriage will overcome this by God's grace
How old is the girl in question?
Why did she leave, of her own will or you were tired of her staying?
I strongly believe both of them went all the way
You need to find out if she was forced or she was willing
How was she behaving before she left
Your hubby is trying to get a soft landing, find out if the girl was threatening to tell you, thats why he opened up.

Yeah I thought so too, it's hard or impossible for them to smooch and romance only, severally without going all the way.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:51pm On Jul 26, 2017
chychy4us:

Correct me if I am wrong....counselling or not, I think infidelity is very hard to forgive.
for relationships it's easier but in marriage, it's a totally different ball game.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chychy4us: 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2017
Akorkor:

YES.....Counselling Works!!!
Wow! Then I am a good candidate for one.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2017
wholesomegrace:

What if her pastor or spiritual leader is well versed in counselling? cos some indeed are. ... just saying, I know one of the tenets of the profession is confidentiality.

I also think women should wise up and not make themselves gullible to all this "demon caused this, demon caused that" excuses from anybody which is prevalent in our society especially in cases of marital infidelity by the man.

The man should take full responsibility for his actions which should be addressed squarely. I speak peace into your marriage sis. It is well with us women

i have no issues if the pastor or other spiritual leader is an ACTUAL Counsellor. however just because you can interprete the bible does not mean you are a decent judge of character or can remove religious/ personal biases when handling cases. the two rows can be merged however like alot of nigerian religious institutions they sometimes do not know where one areas starts and one stops, that is why i will always advise go to the properly trained Councellor that will not bring any religion or tribe or any thing into it.

Also Many people in the congregations also have an unhealthy amount of trust for their pastors/ church elders, that they cannot see when the advise being given may not be the right one ( if it comes from someone else such ideas would be questioned)

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chychy4us: 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2017
enque:

Correct me if I am wrong....counselling or not, I think infidelity is very hard to forgive.
for relationships it's easier but in marriage, it's a totally different ball game.

I know deep down, if I want to let go, I can, but I chose not to. That's d reason I ask if counseling works. So to the poster it's going to be a tough journey.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 4:18pm On Jul 26, 2017
chychy4us:

I know deep down, if I want to let go, I can, but I chose not to. That's d reason I ask if counseling works. So to the poster it's going to be a tough journey.

Hmmm!!! It is well with you ma. Not easy though but JUST LET IT GO. May God help us all. For the counselling, just find a professional one that will help the two of you. H/She will take you through a step by step process that will enhance the healing and forgiveness. All the best. Also, you can watch some free marriage video counselling on youtube that can help pending the time you get the counselor
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:41pm On Jul 26, 2017
chychy4us:

what counselling can do will be to help you explore your feelings so you understand why you "choose" not to let go. sometimes the reasons are deeper than what you think it is and having that additional understanding of one's self, helps not only the marriage but your general outlook.

Erosion of trust is one of the hardest things to recover, and there is a great deal of God's grace in the whole forgiveness and re-acceptance when a betrayal of such a nature has occurred.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 4:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
chychy4us:

Life in itself is tough, and like I usually tell myself, I am responsible for my own happiness. I look good for "myself" and ensure I consciously put myself in the right frame of mind, even though circumstances surrounding me might not be favourable, not becos of anybody or any man. I would give you an instance, when I was still in the waiting room for over 7 years and I joined a new establishment, I got preggy and they found out that it was my first and that i had ttc for some years i worked there without them knowing. They were amazed at my jolly attitude. It wasn't easy on the homefront, doctors prognosis etc, but I just decided I will still serve my God no matter what happens.

I know this is a far cry from what you have experienced, I know it isn't easy, but I know you will find peace if you decide to let go. You can also put your mind to achieving this even if you decide to go for counselling. Just try pleaseeeeeeeeee. Cheers ma

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 5:06pm On Jul 26, 2017
Giddyperson:

This is me too, I thought I was imagining things, I could have sworn this baby doesn't like to see me relax. She would sleep o as Lon as I'm not sleeping, once I lie down to sleep my own she'd wake up, she'd keep doing this until I give up on the sleep and face something else then she would sleep 4 hours straight.
lol story of my life. The lady that cleans for my MIL said that they perceive breast milk as soon as you lye close to them and wake up.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jamjam5000(f): 5:08pm On Jul 26, 2017
So I was thinking maybe I should get piriton syrup because that was what a doctor almost prescribed when the cough couldn't stop awhile back.

What do you mamas think please.

Dear Mama,

Would advise you go with the medication as prescribed by your baby's dr as he/she has probably evaluated the baby. If there is any side effects from using the medication, go back to the paediatrician.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 5:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
good evening mamas. pls help a troubled first time mum. my baby is a week + old but cannot latch verywell .initially,he was able to latch without difficulties until he had colic which I believe is gone now..he is no longer able to latch, whenever I put him to my breast,he takes the nipple in but is not able to suck hard.then he starts crying until I express and feed him from a cup because he will keep crying so hard and I can't bear to see him cry like that cause of hunger .someone said I shouldn't let him go hungry for long before feeding I have tried it and he still cries as he is not able to suck hard. I am worried that he might get used to cup and spoon and not be able to latch later in the future except from a cup and spoon. I have enough milk supply,my nipple is also soft and pointed.I need help on how to make him suck. I have browsed the internet and tried all possible solutions all to no avail. I need to establish breastfeeding again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 5:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
keeki:
good evening mamas. pls help a troubled first time mum. my baby is a week + old but cannot latch verywell .initially,he was able to latch without difficulties until he had colic which I believe is gone now..he is no longer able to latch, whenever I put him to my breast,he takes the nipple in but is not able to suck hard.then he starts crying until I express and feed him from a cup because he will keep crying so hard and I can't bear to see him cry like that cause of hunger .someone said I shouldn't let him go hungry for long before feeding I have tried it and he still cries as he is not able to suck hard. I am worried that he might get used to cup and spoon and not be able to latch later in the future except from a cup and spoon. I have enough milk supply,my nipple is also soft and pointed.I need help on how to make him suck. I have browsed the internet and tried all possible solutions all to no avail. I need to establish breastfeeding again
how many months was he when u had him, his birth weight. I had same experience, she started sucking at 7wks I expressed was hard but I did it, weight gain was very slow but today we have crossed.
Keep expressing a d keep putting his mouth to d nipple.babies can suck naturally. Could be his jaw isn't fully mature to suck. Allow him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 6:01pm On Jul 26, 2017
jamjam5000:

So I was thinking maybe I should get [b]piriton syrup [/b]because that was what a doctor almost prescribed when the cough couldn't stop awhile back.

What do you mamas think please.

Dear Mama,

Would advise you go with the medication as prescribed by your baby's dr as he/she has probably evaluated the baby. If there is any side effects from using the medication, go back to the paediatrician.

Piriton syrup i know is for babies above 1 year old(Unless the cough is really tough). Is your baby above that? If not please don't use it. To all mamas, Please lets always check the drug they prescribe for us in the hospital for our babies ohh. I returned two drugs to my doctor yesterday because they specifically stated that is not suitable for babies below 12month.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:18pm On Jul 26, 2017
My baby has been so extra since last night. I wonder if she's teething and if this is how I'd be suffering whenever she grows a new tooth. She's so cranky and keeps fighting sleep.

Last night hubby tried to put her to sleep at the same time he does every night but it just wasn't working. He tried all his methods, even brought out rocker all to no avail. At some point I had to pity him and take over cuz it was almost midnight and he had work in the morning. Finally took her to the living room and kept walking in circles for what seemed like eternity before she was finally defeated.

Took her back into the bedroom and put her in her cot. Hubby was sprawled diagonally across the bed, passed out. I woke him to lie down well so that I can lie down, and as soon as he got up, he picked up one folded wrapper that was lying on the bed, threw it up twice and caught it, then hugged it cheesy cheesy that's what he does with the baby so I believe he thought he was holding her cheesy. I laughed until I almost cried then I collected the wrapper baby and told him to go back to sleep that the baby is asleep lol. This child would not drive somebody crazy.

Anyway what could be the cause of this extra crankiness, it can't be another growth spurt so soon unless she's trying to become a giant cheesy. She just turned 3 months btw, could it be teething.

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 6:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
XX01:

Don't stop her. Encourage her a lot. Give her milk after every adult meal and in between as well. You can put one or 2 spoons of cereal in the milk. My baby started adult food from 4 months because he wanted it. I usually give him as much as he wants and then he finishes off a hefty bottle of milk. I know people say his milk will reduce when he starts adult food but this has not been the case. His milk needs has increased. shocked
Pls ma what type of adult foods do u give at 4 months? My DS always likes to grab my food whenever am eating and he seems very much interested in eating d food but am scared of giving him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:37pm On Jul 26, 2017
Lmaoooooo @ your hubby. It may be. Teething is just a long confusing dramatic process but it also involves plenty drool and gum itching. It's more likely to start from 4 months but as with all things, some babies start earlier. It's most likely a phase, roll with it, until another one starts grin

Giddyperson:
My baby has been so extra since last night. I wonder if she's teething and if this is how I'd be suffering whenever she grows a new tooth. She's so cranky and keeps fighting sleep.

Last night hubby tried to put her to sleep at the same time he does every night but it just wasn't working. He tried all his methods, even brought out rocker all to no avail. At some point I had to pity him and take over cuz it was almost midnight and he had work in the morning. Finally took her to the living room and kept walking in circles for what seemed like eternity before she was finally defeated.

Took her back into the bedroom and put her in her cot. Hubby was sprawled diagonally across the bed, passed out. I woke him to lie down well so that I can lie down, and as soon as he got up, he picked up one folded wrapper that was lying on the bed, threw it up twice and caught it, then hugged it cheesy cheesy that's what he does with the baby so I believe he thought he was holding her cheesy. I laughed until I almost cried then I collected the wrapper baby and told him to go back to sleep that the baby is asleep lol. This child would not drive somebody crazy.

Anyway what could be the cause of this extra crankiness, it can't be another growth spurt so soon unless she's trying to become a giant cheesy. She just turned 3 months btw, could it be teething.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by debbydominic(f): 6:42pm On Jul 26, 2017
Yesitsme:
first u need to deal with your heart bf any other thing. My hubby would say, never keep a goat with a yam and don't expect it to eat. Keeping malice is worsening the whole thing, refusing him sex was very very wrong. That aside, c a counsellor together, not pastor ooo. U need to forgive him and love him more for telling u
Thanks I would try but am still so surprised and angry.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 6:51pm On Jul 26, 2017
Akorkor:

Piriton syrup i know is for babies above 1 year old(Unless the cough is really tough). Is your baby above that? If not please don't use it. To all mamas, Please lets always check the drug they prescribe for us in the hospital for our babies ohh. I returned two drugs to my doctor yesterday because they specifically stated that is not suitable for babies below 12month.

ciscamustexcel:
lol story of my life. The lady that cleans for my MIL said that they perceive breast milk as soon as you lye close to them and wake up.

Thanks.....the doc said I used reduce the dose to 2.5ml instead of 5ml

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 6:52pm On Jul 26, 2017
sunbestie:

Pls ma what type of adult foods do u give at 4 months? My DS always likes to grab my food whenever am eating and he seems very much interested in eating d food but am scared of giving him.

I gave him everything I ate. He didn't really eat much. Just 1 or 2 spoons. I didn't give honey and too much pepper sha. He liked foods he could hold and take bites from. Like bread, boiled carrot, banana, etcetera. I would give him a spoon of soup. Not much but enough to make him feel like he was eating with us.

I started him on baby cereal as well as other pureed baby food.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.