Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1039) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4421956 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Lmaoooooo @ your hubby. It may be. Teething is just a long confusing dramatic process but it also involves plenty drool and gum itching. It's more likely to start from 4 months but as with all things, some babies start earlier. It's most likely a phase, roll with it, until another one starts grin

She drools a lot and she's always trying to stuff her ten fingers in her mouth all at once, maybe it's teething, nawao no part of this is easy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chychy4us: 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
Akorkor:

Hmmm!!! It is well with you ma. Not easy though but JUST LET IT GO. May God help us all. For the counselling, just find a professional one that will help the two of you. H/She will take you through a step by step process that will enhance the healing and forgiveness. All the best. Also, you can watch some free marriage video counselling on youtube that can help pending the time you get the counselor

Thanks dear, I am trying jare, I ll search for d videos.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2017
debbydominic:

Thanks I would try but am still so surprised and angry.
never ever trust anyone not even yourself

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chychy4us: 7:15pm On Jul 26, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

what counselling can do will be to help you explore your feelings so you understand why you "choose" not to let go. sometimes the reasons are deeper than what you think it is and having that additional understanding of one's self, helps not only the marriage but your general outlook.

Erosion of trust is one of the hardest things to recover, and there is a great deal of God's grace in the whole forgiveness and re-acceptance when a betrayal of such a nature has occurred.

Thanks ma'am for your response.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 7:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
XX01:

I gave him everything I ate. He didn't really eat much. Just 1 or 2 spoons. I didn't give honey and too much pepper sha. He liked foods he could hold and take bites from. Like bread, boiled carrot, banana, etcetera. I would give him a spoon of soup. Not much but enough to make him feel like he was eating with us.

I started him on baby cereal as well as other pureed baby food.
That's cool I will give it a try when DH is not around cheesy. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
Chychy4us,

Don't meet any counselor that is

1. A pastor, Imam, priest, "Apostle", "Anointed", "Bishop" etc. Not unless you want to sleep with him, eventually. Or help him buy his new jeep.

2. A married man, especially by himself. Not unless you want to sleep with him, eventually.

Your options are: a professional counselor works with you and your husband. Or a female counselor. There are actually some people on Nairaland for this.

Debbydominic, you and your husband have challenges in your marriage and neither of you have been perfect. It is NOT your fault he decided to cheat, he messed up, all by himself. You were in the house with him in a tough situation and he decided to be selfish, wicked and thoughtless. No-one likes being tired and saying "No". He is NOT a baby. No man outside will call another man a baby, it is women falling over themselves making excuses for behaviors they must live with, that do so. There are people who love Nigeria not out of loyalty but because they have no other options. Same logic with "all men cheat, all men are babies" etc excuses.

Get the full details of all that happened. No, he doesn't get a cookie for telling you, not until you are sure the girl wasn't planning on making trouble and he decided to confess to ward off trouble. Then is he remorseful, what will he be willing to do to fix this? And yes, you are allowed a period of showing him pepper, it will keep you sane.

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by debbydominic(f): 7:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
Akorkor:

No ma. I don't know any professional counselor but am sure other mama here may have idea of one or two. See mama, he still has a lot of love and respect for you that's why he came out of his shell to tell you what he did in secret. A lot of men Can not kiss and tell. It's also not easy to combine motherhood and wifehood(if there is any English like that) together but we need God grace to do it. At least our mother did it successfully so WE CAN TOO. What he did is wrong but for the fact that he told you, you have to find it in your heart and let it go(Not easy though). Always knows that men are babies and they need too much attention. It is well with us
Thanks and Amen
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by debbydominic(f): 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

now this statement can be interpreted in a few ways:

1. is it that the girl in question KNEW his wife refused him sex and then she started dressing differently in order to seduce the man? if she knew, how did she come about such information?

Or

2. has she always dressed that way, and then hubby started noticing ..... ALL of a sudden for whatever reason best known to him.

sorry to sound harsh,
but it seems to me that hubby may be trying to place the blame or cause of his short-comings on wifey. and that is utter BULL$h!T and classic Adam syndrome excuse.... "the woman made me do it".

i guess it is a good thing he told you himself rather than you finding out in any dramatic fashion, you will both need counselling and the trust will need to be re-built. there is no relationship that is not salvageable if both parties decide to make it work

HOWEVER, I will stress this point:

he needs to address the reasons for his straying..... and take full responsibility for his lack of control and not put the blame on you .

because it is emotional blackmail.... so no matter what mood you are in, well, ill, stressed, dying.... if he asks for sex you will then feel pressured to oblige him because he has planted the seed of fear in your head that any refusal of sex will mean he will start "being seduced" by anything that shows 3cm of flesh? Any man should have better self control than that! and this you need to trash out in your counselling sessions.

I totally agree with you. God bless you for this.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
Mamas
I am EBF my 4 month, will anything I eat affect him especially sweet things like ice cream, soft drinks and other ijekuje?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by debbydominic(f): 7:49pm On Jul 26, 2017
BellaElla:

You will come out strong,
Your marriage will overcome this by God's grace
How old is the girl in question?
Why did she leave, of her own will or you were tired of her staying?
I strongly believe both of them went all the way
You need to find out if she was forced or she was willing
How was she behaving before she left
Your hubby is trying to get a soft landing, find out if the girl was threatening to tell you, thats why he opened up.
You need to know the depth of their affair before any reconciliatory moves
Brace your self, you might hear more shockers (the girl can come back and claim pregnancy, rape etc)
I am not saying these to scare you, I only want you to lose your naivety.
No man is a saint, dont allow yourself be blamed. Your denying him sex was not the reason he went fore the help.
Also snoop and investigate properly, he might have affairs outside.
Do not start any reconciliation yet till you have as much facts as you can.
You will forgive him, it will take time, but you will.
Do not force yourself, give it time, give yourself some space.
Please dont go to church for reconciliation, they will ask you to kneel down and apologize to him for allowing his sexual spirit to wander.

She is 18 years and gave different Flimsy reasons for leaving meanwhile i was very nice to her. It was a month plus after she left that he told me the real reason why she left. He said he told her to leave because they started getting farther than romance. He told me she came to him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jummy004: 8:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
enque:

milk in this case is formula.
babies below one year shouldnt be given cow milk cos their system cant digest it properly
Thanks so much mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
Yesitsme:
how many months was he when u had him, his birth weight. I had same experience, she started sucking at 7wks I expressed was hard but I did it, weight gain was very slow but today we have crossed.
Keep expressing a d keep putting his mouth to d nipple.babies can suck naturally. Could be his jaw isn't fully mature to suck. Allow him

he was 38weeks and weighed 3.8kg
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 26, 2017
debbydominic:

She is 18 years and gave different Flimsy reasons for leaving meanwhile i was very nice to her. It was a month plus after she left that he told me the real reason why she left. He said he told her to leave because they started getting farther than romance. He told me she came to him.

I said I won't comment on any marital issue again cos no marriage is perfect but this really left me speechless. Did she chained his legs, hands and mount on him? Flimsy excuses upandan, if he wants to apologize he should come out clean.

I'm sorry to say this but they've gone farther than romance.

May God guide you in any path you choose.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 10:53pm On Jul 26, 2017
fruitfulhome:
I guess this is the Nigerian diapers. Although I'm using it with molfix size 2. But i must attest, this pampers is good. No issues too
How much is d diaper?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 26, 2017
chychy4us:

There are so many schools in these areas u mentioned, personally I don't like the idea of children traveling long distance especially in nursery /primary. In Ajah there is debiruss and school master. In majek there is texcel and Winfield.

Thanks for this response. Yeah, I know there are so many schools, am new around here so am not too sure about their quality. Am sure of where am coming from but that's pretty far. We will check these out. I stay around sangotedo actually.

Thanks so much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 26, 2017
@Debbydominic, it is well. First thing, try not to keep malice, it is very unhealthy to keep malice, then forgive him, if you don't, you won't have peace and you won't love.

What if he never confess it to you? Try and forgive and move on.

No marriage is perfect as someone rightly
It is all well.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 2:43am On Jul 27, 2017
Debbydominic I'm sorry I'm going to sound like a broken record, but your husband is a very selfish man.
I'm going to play the devil's advocate.....
What if he only confessed to unburden himself? Now he is probably sleeping and snoring away while you are beating yourself up about "pushing your husband into the arms of another woman", a small girl at that!
What if they actually went far but he is releasing the info to you bit by bit to guage your response?
What if the girl has told him she is pregnant and she is threatening to tell you?

You have to stop the pity party and snap out of blaming yourself. It was 100% his fault. An 18yr old girl came on to him, a housegirl for that matter o..not all Dem Instagram slay queens, and he couldn't slap some sense into her head. You were nursing his child for Pete's sake!!! It was NOT your fault!
I think you should look for a way to bring the girl over so you can do a pregnancy test and be sure she isn't pregnant. Then with that, you can both go see a marriage counselor to salvage the marriage.
It is well.

12 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 27, 2017
Hi evryone,bin awhile!How is you and yours? Hope all good!
@Giddyperson,we are in d same boat(the flip and d drooling and all fingers in d mouth)Jay's own ba,he doesn't just flip while awake,even wen sleeping and he tries to drag himself join!Finally,we are going 4 our last penta 2day,tnk God!Kisses to giddybaby!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:42am On Jul 27, 2017
Sansa143:
Hi evryone,bin awhile!How is you and yours? Hope all good!
@Giddyperson,we are in d same boat(the flip and d drooling and all fingers in d mouth)Jay's own ba,he doesn't just flip while awake,even wen sleeping and he tries to drag himself join!Finally,we are going 4 our last penta 2day,tnk God!Kisses to giddybaby!
Hey it's been a while, almost asked after you yesterday, my whatsapp is no longer working. I can see you have your hands full. Goodluck with the immunization, ours in next week and as usual I'm not looking forward to it. Kisses to Jay, good to know he's doing well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 27, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy All them slay queens and #pepperdemgang# grin
sugah:
Debbydominic I'm sorry I'm going to sound like a broken record, but your husband is a very selfish man.
I'm going to play the devil's advocate.....
What if he only confessed to unburden himself? Now he is probably sleeping and snoring away while you are beating yourself up about "pushing your husband into the arms of another woman", a small girl at that!
What if they actually went far but he is releasing the info to you bit by bit to guage your response?
What if the girl has told him she is pregnant and she is threatening to tell you?

You have to stop the pity party and snap out of blaming yourself. It was 100% his fault. An 18yr old girl came on to him, a housegirl for that matter o..not all Dem Instagram slay queens, and he couldn't slap some sense into her head. You were nursing his child for Pete's sake!!! It was NOT your fault!
I think you should look for a way to bring the girl over so you can do a pregnancy test and be sure she isn't pregnant. Then with that, you can both go see a marriage counselor to salvage the marriage.
It is well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by reniduke(f): 7:28am On Jul 27, 2017
Thank you. Ill check it out today.
Dunni29:

I will recommend playdays creche and preschool at 54 iwaya road onike yaba. My kids are there in the creche and school. The crèche fees is 25k monthly. They're available from 6am to 7pm and I think there's a fee of 2k for late night pick up

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by reniduke(f): 7:31am On Jul 27, 2017
God, why do women say this to other women. Love him more for telling you? Like he deserves some kind of award for confessing and lightening his conscience.
Yesitsme:
first u need to deal with your heart bf any other thing. My hubby would say, never keep a goat with a yam and don't expect it to eat. Keeping malice is worsening the whole thing, refusing him sex was very very wrong. That aside, c a counsellor together, not pastor ooo. U need to forgive him and love him more for telling u

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by reniduke(f): 7:44am On Jul 27, 2017
Sorry, i can tell you're heartbroken. First things first, having a young maid might have made cheating more tempting or convenient but dont beat yourself up for it, ur hubby would have cheated one way or the other since that is what he has decided in his heart. The way forward, is he remorseful, is he trying to win your love back? Then give him the chance to seek your forgiveness. Time will heal this wound if you let it. Stay in your marriage, forgive but don't forget, there's a lesson to learn here.

However, If he's not remorseful and tries to blame you for HIS actions, dont accept such. Men are not robots programmed to be unable to say no to sex, so stand your ground on that one, stay in Your marriage very well but this time with your head and not your heart. Thank God maid did not poison you n baby for husband take over, your husband put ur life and your baby's at risk, tell him that.

debbydominic:
Good day mums. My hubby confessed to me some days ago that my live in maid that left last month, they both had some things going on, that they never had sex but they romanced countless times in the midnight when I was asleep. He said it started when I refused him sex so the girl in question started seducing him with her dressing. I have a 6 months old baby who wakes up in the midnight a lot to breastfeed. I trusted my hubby so much that I can't believe such a thing would happen, am in so much shock and so angry.he also confessed that that is the main reason she left cos web our sex life improved he wasn't going to her again.i asked him why he didn't tell me immediately all these started since I thought we were close, and he said he didn't know how I would react. Right now am not just talking with him anymore and I don't respect him again cos I remember how he yelled at me a lot when she was around. It's still as if am dreaming. Please experienced mothers advise.I have not being myself since he told me. What is holding me back from reacting is because he confessed and I didn't catch them in the act. At this stage I don't trust any man again.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fruitfulhome: 7:46am On Jul 27, 2017
Benignasweety, thank you so much and congrats on your successful completion of your program

Please mama's Abeg make una try answer this my particular question. My baby is 2 months 17 days today. I want to buy a suitable baby carrier for him. Please advice me on the best and affordable one and what I should look out or consider in my choice making.

THIS ONE IS URGENT OO, MAKE UNA NO IGNORE
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by reniduke(f): 7:47am On Jul 27, 2017
Which diaper is this o?
portable4real:
@enque,,, don't let me start advertising for them... the diaper is so bae dat I don't use to see it in Ilorin here.. hv been sending my sister dat lives in Lagos. she go buy n send to me..
I don't need to form jare... atimes if I wan to change for my lo and see dat is still intact,, me I live it from morning like 10 till night and when I removed it u will think we use it few hours ago..

we r dat we are ogi voltron.. imagine d wee....na only ogi,tombrown n cerelac we dey take for now.. try it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 27, 2017
fruitfulhome:
Benignasweety, thank you so much and congrats on your successful completion of your program

Please mama's Abeg make una try answer this my particular question. My baby is 2 months 17 days today. I want to buy a suitable baby carrier for him. Please advice me on the best and affordable one and what I should look out or consider in my choice making.

THIS ONE IS URGENT OO, MAKE UNA NO IGNORE
Am using Chicco and its nice. I don't fear he will fall off even though sometimes, I put my hands underneath. It sold for 10k.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 7:57am On Jul 27, 2017
reniduke:
God, why do women say this to other women. Love him more for telling you? Like he deserves some kind of award for confessing and lightening his conscience.
my dear, he is her husband, its her family. No one will advice her better than she will to herself. Yes, he doesn't deserve an award but with d way d society is, he should be applauded ( we won't say that to his face) she just has to love him, cos he wanted forgiveness that's y he confessed, not all men have such conscience or guts.if she has caught him in d act then d story would have been different
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 8:04am On Jul 27, 2017
reniduke:
Which diaper is this o?

baby hugg
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fruitfulhome: 8:23am On Jul 27, 2017
Akorkor:

And the very annoying thing is some of them will use you as an example on pulpit someday.

This one is very true and since I noticed, I have been so discouraged from going to pastors for counselling

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 8:32am On Jul 27, 2017
Naomi14:
cheesy cheesy cheesy All them slay queens and #pepperdemgang# grin
holy Ghost fire for all their heads. My husbands car is in a very bad shape so he uses mine for the now since I don't go out too often but when he leaves town and I must go out I have to use keke. So I told him that any slay Queen when sit-down for my seat while I dey use keke go miss her period for 3yrs and no babalawo go fit help her grin. My hubby com dey laugh say I be witch.

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 8:51am On Jul 27, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
So I told him that any slay Queen when sit-down for my seat while I dey use keke go[b] miss her period for 3yrs and no babalawo go fit help her [/b]grin. My hubby com dey laugh say I be witch.

Kai auntie, u dey vex oh shocked shocked shocked
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fruitfulhome: 9:13am On Jul 27, 2017
sunbestie:

How much is d diaper?

No idea o. It was not mean that got it and I have just checked for the price tag, no longer there

(1) (2) (3) ... (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.