Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,891 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1042) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4395713 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:10pm On Jul 27, 2017
rofemiguwa:

Thank you.will get babytribotan.the rash has stayed o.was managing with hime remedy some left some didnt.
Hope it doesnt matter it is not a fresh rash
lol I don't know if the age of the rash would matter but I think not
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fattamyfattamy: 9:35pm On Jul 27, 2017
Good evening mama's how we dey and our lo?pls my almost four month old baby not upto will be in two weeks time brings out spit and plays with it anytime putting hands into the mouth.pls what's the cause cos am somehow.Biko no pass am my April teamie and other mama's.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 9:46pm On Jul 27, 2017
keeki:

he was 38weeks and weighed 3.8kg

continue ma,he will come around eventually.mine lasted up to a mth,it was so bad dAT dh used to massage my back cos of pains while trying to make him latch on,we even visited the hospital where the paed examined his mouth and my tips then told me that he'd come around.just persevere...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
Hey maran1983 smiley how are you, it's been a while.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 10:09pm On Jul 27, 2017
Mecylinda1:
I really, really want to thk Nairalanders for this topic. my baby of 6 months was not adding up weight at all rather getting thin day by day after seeing this post i decided to prepare this special food ie mixture of corn,guinea corn, and millet, just for 3 weeks u need to see my baby now she look so fresh and healthy......Buh there is work o in preparing it

......you knw wht? I have a good news for mothers that may want to give a try but becos of time to prepare it they can't.

I noticed that there is no such pap in the market ie the mixture of corn, guinea corn and millet, i decided to prepare it for commercial purpose to help people that are interested buh becos of their tight schedule they cannot.

call this no to make order....07068537221

See format!!!!! cheesy grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 10:13pm On Jul 27, 2017
Fattamyfattamy:
Good evening mama's how we dey and our lo?pls my almost four month old baby not upto will be in two weeks time brings out spit and plays with it anytime putting hands into the mouth.pls what's the cause cos am somehow.Biko no pass am my April teamie and other mama's.

It's likely to be the early stages of your baby teething. Watch out for fevers and offer chilled/ cooler teething rings as relief for the discomfort
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 10:36pm On Jul 27, 2017
Onegai:
Hey maran1983 smiley how are you, it's been a while.

Busted! I have been good, juggling work, motherhood and wifehood.

Thanks for asking, much appreciated.

How are you and yours?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:46pm On Jul 27, 2017
babythug:

See format!!!!! cheesy grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
I thought I was the only one that noticed cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fruitfulhome: 10:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
Giddyperson and blackftm, God bless ur caring husbands. When will I stop hearing "come and carry him, he needs to suck", just after five minutes of DH carrying DS ooo. Sometimes I just kuku carry him all alone

BLACKFTM, thanks for the review. Instead of me to buy baby sling or wetin oyibo call am, I kukuma carry wrapper. Abeg na carrier I want to. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 11:31pm On Jul 27, 2017
maran1983:

Busted! I have been good, juggling work, motherhood and wifehood.

Thanks for asking, much appreciated.

How are you and yours?

We are good. Doing our best to hold things together with a positive attitude.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 27, 2017
Beta late dan neva my dear!U can go n take it!
OmoLayo29:

after reading dis post I remember my TT 3rd dose should be taken this month that was when I started searching for my card o, I suppose to take it on 21st of July, can I still go for it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 27, 2017
Sansa143:
Beta late dan neva my dear!U can go n take it!
thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 12:04am On Jul 28, 2017
Fattamyfattamy:

Hello mama....my four months old baby is the same....he eats everything his hands can grab. He is likely teething. He has about 5 teethers. I sterilize it daily, get it cold in the fridge and then give it to him. You could also wash your hand and fingers very well and give him your thumb to suck, trust me he will love it

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 12:08am On Jul 28, 2017
fruitfulhome:
Giddyperson and blackftm, God bless ur caring husbands. When will I stop hearing "come and carry him, he needs to suck", just after five minutes of DH carrying DS ooo. Sometimes I just kuku carry him all alone

BLACKFTM, thanks for the review. Instead of me to buy baby sling or wetin oyibo call am, I kukuma carry wrapper. Abeg na carrier I want to. grin grin

E better o my sister. Because when the baby don add weight wella, the sling will be unable to hold him. I use wrapper around the house when DS is fussy and then use carrier when going out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:18am On Jul 28, 2017
fruitfulhome:

lol hubby used to do that when the baby was newborn but he's been bonding more with her everyday these days once he's back from work he takes over and i make sure I breastfeed her well as soon as he gets back so that i can remove my eye choi my phone screen has spoilt I can't type punctuation marks in this recession grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 12:18am On Jul 28, 2017
XX01:

I would like to know as well. My son dey chop o. My MIL gave him semo and okro soup. He finished a rather big plate for his size. Next thing he started crying cos he wanted to sleep so I asked her to make him 150ml but she mistakenly made 210ml. My bobo finished it o before sleeping. My mouth was just open. My MIL has started saying that we have been starving the boy. She has started piling him with food and he finishes everything.

Funnily enough, the boy slept very well that night. I am afraid that I am overfeeding him.

How old is your little one?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:20am On Jul 28, 2017
Fattamyfattamy:
this is me right now I need to get one of those teething toys
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 12:27am On Jul 28, 2017
ahnie:
Please make Una chook mouth for this my matter.

My boy of almost 3months sucks like fire,so I cudnt cope I had to introduce pap to him last two weeks.

He z downloading pap of 100 naira evryday.His avarice for food z alarming.

My husband thinks I'm overfeeding him....pls am I?

Why not stick with formula for now? He's still quite young for pap in my opinion! He will eat it quite alright but it may not be doing him any good. There are many reasonably priced formulas available these days!

Do Give it some thought

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 12:48am On Jul 28, 2017
Your baby is showing teething signs.
Fattamyfattamy:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 1:23am On Jul 28, 2017
Hello Great Mothers, we went for our 14wks immunisation today BTW (3 injections in a twinkling of an eye is not funny at all o). Thank God my DS feels better now. I found out he didn't gain any weight since the last immunisation at 10wks instead it dropped. My DS is on EBF and eats very well. He's very very active too and wasn't ill at any point in time. He urinates frequently. I feel very worried and I plan to visit the hospital next week. I will appreciate if mothers in the house can offer their advice on what I may be overlooking. Thank you.
birth weight - 2.6kg
6wks- 4.3kg
10wks-6kg
14wks- 5.6kg
He's showing teething signs- drooling&lighter stools but he stills eats well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 4:13am On Jul 28, 2017
babythug:

Why not stick with formula for now? He's still quite young for pap in my opinion! He will eat it quite alright but it may not be doing him any good. There are many reasonably priced formulas available these days!

Do Give it some thought
He z taking boths.....no issues at all.poops witout difficulties...sleeps normal,no drama,plays normal,no cry cry at all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 5:29am On Jul 28, 2017
babythug:

How old is your little one?

He is 8 months now but this started at 6 months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fattamyfattamy: 8:23am On Jul 28, 2017
Thanks to mama's for the response so happy that my baby boo is about growing teeth.pls incase he as fever teeth or temperature what drug can i use for him ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sexyjuly(f): 8:31am On Jul 28, 2017
Good morning mamas.please can i use ori mixed with skineal for a new born baby?does it have any side effects?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 8:53am On Jul 28, 2017
Mamas good morning. Please my 3weeks old daughter poops a lot. 3/4 times a day. She is both breast and formular fed but formular is maximum of two 90ml bottles per day. I have been giving her NAN and I don't know if that is the culprit so I got Similac this morning. However, I want to know if it's normal (I doubt 3/4 times poo for a new born is normal). My diet has been good and varied. She eats really well but the constant pooing is what I'm not comfortable about. Had anyone's baby reacted to NAN or is this normal for breast/formular fee babies?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by silvoice(m): 9:10am On Jul 28, 2017
Can my 8 months baby take cough syrup? I hear it's not good. My baby cough started yestaday and baby also vomited twice this morning while coughing. Experience mamas your advice pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:11am On Jul 28, 2017
Where. No vex, na sleep eye I take type. LO has malaria plus infection embarassed embarassed embarassed

enque:

When Abi where??

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jina24(f): 9:21am On Jul 28, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Mamas good morning. Please my 3weeks old daughter poops a lot. 3/4 times a day. She is both breast and formular fed but formular is maximum of two 90ml bottles per day. I have been giving her NAN and I don't know if that is the culprit so I got Similac this morning. However, I want to know if it's normal (I doubt 3/4 times poo for a new born is normal). My diet has been good and varied. She eats really well but the constant pooing is what I'm not comfortable about. Had anyone's baby reacted to NAN or is this normal for breast/formular fee babies?

You baby is fine and her poop is within range. No probs at all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:23am On Jul 28, 2017
It's normal. It will reduce as she gets older to once a day or once in 2 days. What's the consistency? If it's "egusi-like" then allow her to carry go

JGracious are you sure the 10 weeks weight was correct? That thing happened to me once, when the nurse told me the weight it didn't add up (1kg in less than 2 weeks) so i asked her to recheck, apparently she didn't read the scale correctly

My suggestion will be to check his weight next week and if it still drops maybe you may have to supplement with formula. Let sabi mamas come and put mouth, this one pass me small

spiceeamiee:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 9:27am On Jul 28, 2017
sexyjuly:
Good morning mamas.please can i use ori mixed with skineal for a new born baby?does it have any side effects?

pls Ma No,no skineal pls.you can use coconut oil or olive oil with your Ori biko.I just learnt that that mixture is what mothers of dark babies are using to lighten up their los,its harmful biko.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sexyjuly(f): 9:30am On Jul 28, 2017
thanks mam.i appreciate.
Abiagirl777:

pls Ma No,no skineal pls.you can use coconut oil or olive oil with your Ori biko.I just learnt that that mixture is what mothers of dark babies are using to lighten up their los,its harmful biko.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 9:31am On Jul 28, 2017
spiceeamiee:

Its normal ma,mine used to poop after every feeding at least 10x a day ,boy was it annoying but it gradually stopped.now its once in 2 days and very explosiveďż˝,the type you wash out with water because the wipes will be humbled before you clean thoroughly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: macviv and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.