Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1044) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4421138 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 11:37am On Jul 28, 2017
TEEKAY2000:

Was the drug prescribed by a paediatrician? Am 100% sure a Paediatrician can never prescribed cough syrup for babies...pls mothers when we take our kids to hospitals we should always ensure to be seen by a Paediatrician .

YES Its 100% Pediatrician and its not even NIGERIA ma.
Note: I have never taken my baby to any other doctor apart from Pediatrician.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 11:51am On Jul 28, 2017
Ha! Thank you o cc @hunniesuzie, @ Abiagirl777. Why is there no course called ChildCare 101 where they teach these things so new mothers dont don't have to worry unnecessarily? grin

Jina24:

You baby is fine and her poop is within range. No probs at all

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 11:53am On Jul 28, 2017
Thank you ma :l kiss

blackFTM:

Personally I think it is normal because according to science their stomach is yet to develop to a level that food can stay very well. For the next month expect poo as she eats. Its only recently that my 4 month old started pooing once a day and sometimes he won't for like three days. So don't beat it. It is normal
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 12:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
spiceeamiee:
. Why is there no course called ChildCare 101 where they teach these things so new mothers dont don't have to worry unnecessarily? grin

grin grin grin
Because the syllabus is different for every child. You will have to buy new handout for each new child... lol!

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 12:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
reniduke:
@giddyperson, @naomi14, everybori. Im about to give up on breastfeeding. My milk supply has refused to be reliable. My baby was patient at the beginning when there was almost nothing coming out such that i had to supplement with formula to stop weight loss Ive drank so much ogi that if u cut me ogi might flow before blood so dont even volunteer that advice again. She's no longer patient to suck such that even now that its flowing beta than before, she will beat my bt and start crying if its not fast enough. N once she's annoyed, na 1hour + cry be that.

My ability to sleep at night is disappearing before my very eyes. Cos she used to be content to suck bt from 8pm till daybreak. Last night i had to make a bottle before she could eat enough to go back to sleep. I want to know if there's any other solution before i give up n face formula only.

Don't feel bad about you've tried already.If you wish to supplement you can.l,it doesn't make you less a mother.the koko is that baby is healthy and reaches her milestones.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BellaElla(f): 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2017
sexyjuly:
thanks ma.i appreciate ur kind response n suggestions.

not only skineal is dangerous. funbact A, visita as well.they are used to treat skin conditions and are easily absorbed by the skin.
If you must mix the ori, please use either coconut oil, palm kernel oil, vaseline blue seal, olive oil.
Alternatively there are a wide range of baby products available. chicco,pears,zimzim,johnsons,etc
the milder, the better
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sexyjuly(f): 12:30pm On Jul 28, 2017
thanks for d kind advice bella would surely do as u said.
BellaElla:

not only skineal is dangerous. funbact A, visita as well.they are used to treat skin conditions and are easily absorbed by the skin.
If you must mix the ori, please use either coconut oil, palm kernnel oil, vasecline blue seal, olive oil.
Alternatively there are a wide range of baby products available. chicco,pears,zimzim,johnsons,etc
the milder, the better
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by reniduke(f): 1:15pm On Jul 28, 2017
U sound like me exactly. I went from c cup to f cup bras. Of what use is this kain size? I tot it will be pouring like ocean.
My usual routine,bt milk after bottle feed then her Last bottle feed after her 8pm bath then from 12pm till 6am she feeds twice on bt milk but last two nights, maybe her appetite has increased, na im she no gree suck. She will put her mouth to it, decide its not enough and cry like i have offeneded her spirit.

I will try expressing during the day as suggested while she's taking formula. Ill also look for fenugreek cos ure the second person telling me about that. Lol @20months.
Liftedhands:
You don't have to give it up! Some women just don't lactate well no matter what efforts they apply. Keep offering both .

Mine too didn't flow well despite having breast made for ten women. embarassed

What I did was to feed my son formula every 3hrs and breast milk in between! Breast milk wasn't our main meal and we did just fine.

Formula feed stops at 8pm daily and he will suck whenever he he wakes up till 8am when I make his bottle of milk! We still breast feed anyways at 20months *covers face*

However try some of this.
Fenugreek powder.
Moringa tea.
Uda pepper soup.
Bitter leaf soup cooked with cocoyam.
And see if any will work for you.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by reniduke(f): 1:18pm On Jul 28, 2017
Naomi14:
@reniduke, don't give up nau! Rice and tea works for me. Try what this mama said. Am sure it will flow better but if it doesn't, continue with formula so your lo doesn't go hungry.
Please explain. Mix rice with tea and drink lipsrsealed? Or tea after rice?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 1:21pm On Jul 28, 2017
Abiagirl777:

continue ma,he will come around eventually.mine lasted up to a mth,it was so bad dAT dh used to massage my back cos of pains while trying to make him latch on,we even visited the hospital where the paed examined his mouth and my tips then told me that he'd come around.just persevere...

thank you so much ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by reniduke(f): 1:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
Its as if you're here oo. Everything u have said i do. Except for freezing expressed milk. Its not plenty like that. I used to give her any that i express asap so i stopped expressing and just feed her. I dont want to do strictly formula and i like as she was switching from formula to bt with ease. Im at my wits end cos it seems every two weeks im back in this insufficient bt milk supply phase.

AlphaHandMaiden:

Why not give formular as her last meal before bed so she can sleep longer and you too can relax a bit.

If she wakes at night you can try breast feeding.

During the day: you can alternate formular and breast feed, if giving formular and you have help, let someone else feed her and you go and express so your supply can be maintained. Inbetween the formular feed, you can breast feed.

You can freeze the expressed breast milk and use at a later date.

Also try not to wait she is visibly hungry before breast feeding her, since the lil' diva is impatient. That way everybody is in a relaxed mode!

Drink loads of fluids, especially water as you are breast feeding or expessing, it helps a lot.

Pele! If you still decide to go strictly formular, there is nothing wrong with that as well.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2017
Lol! Normal Rice with stew then tea. My breast will full eh, it will even be pouring. try it. Your own baby wants to eat, my lo doesn't like to eat. She sucks for only 7mins in 2-3hrs. The rest will just be pouring out
reniduke:

Please explain. Mix rice with tea and drink lipsrsealed? Or tea after rice?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 2:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
Naomi14:
Lol! Normal Rice with stew then tea. My breast will full eh, it will even be pouring. try it. Your own baby wants to eat, my lo doesn't like to eat. She sucks for only 7mins in 2-3hrs. The rest will just be pouring out

Express and keep Na instead of wasting the liquid gold

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
reniduke:
U sound like me exactly. I went from c cup to f cup bras. Of what use is this kain size? I tot it will be pouring like ocean.
My usual routine,bt milk after bottle feed then her Last bottle feed after her 8pm bath then from 12pm till 6am she feeds twice on bt milk but last two nights, maybe her appetite has increased, na im she no gree suck. She will put her mouth to it, decide its not enough and cry like i have offeneded her spirit.

I will try expressing during the day as suggested while she's taking formula. Ill also look for fenugreek cos ure the second person telling me about that. Lol @20months.

If u r in lag, I can dash u my remaining Fenugreek seeds
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
Ma'am I tried it once, she just kept pushing out the bottle with her tongue. I got tired and threw the milk away.
enque:

Express and keep Na instead of wasting the liquid gold
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 2:13pm On Jul 28, 2017
ahnie:

He z taking boths.....no issues at all.poops witout difficulties...sleeps normal,no drama,plays normal,no cry cry at all.

Case closed in that case!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 2:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
Liftedhands:
You don't have to give it up! Some women just don't lactate well no matter what efforts they apply. Keep offering both .

Mine too didn't flow well despite having breast made for ten women. embarassed

What I did was to feed my son formula every 3hrs and breast milk in between! Breast milk wasn't our main meal and we did just fine.

Formula feed stops at 8pm daily and he will suck whenever he he wakes up till 8am when I make his bottle of milk! We still breast feed anyways at 20months *covers face*

However try some of this.
Fenugreek powder.
Moringa tea.
Uda pepper soup.
Bitter leaf soup cooked with cocoyam.
And see if any will work for you.

Still breastfeed is the only thing I saw!!!!

What do you mean still breastfeed?? That big boy kwa!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2017
Naomi14:

Rice also increases my breast milk supply then.

how is everybody?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 3:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
babythug:

Still breastfeed is the only thing I saw!!!!

What do you mean still breastfeed?? That big boy kwa!!
We still do o! I wanted him to stop on his own time but the young man seem not ready to.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 3:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
Liftedhands:
We still do o! I wanted him to stop on his own time but the young man seem not ready to.

ride on darling! Ekene needs all the breastmilk..lol

20months is good; I wonder why boys find it hard to give up... my son is 27months and he still sucks! smiley I'm not worried cos the milk is sufficient for him and his sister and since it's still available to the sis, why hoard it from him...efforts I made in time past didn't stop him so I gave up! any day both of them are tired, let them stop cheesy cheesy cheesy

kisses to my handsome Ekene kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2017
pls mamas in the house,i dnt knw if anyone have xperience dis bfore,my baby is just a month old drs dis new pattern i notice wen shes asleep she normally jerk at times and she breaths too fast i ve to shake her infact last night i was awake all tru cos of the shocks n d breathing its scary..i dnt use fan at all so cold iss out of it n her tommy makes rumbling sounds too...pls help am aa new mum nn really concern
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2017
Naomi14:
Ma'am I tried it once, she just kept pushing out the bottle with her tongue. I got tired and threw the milk away.

ooohk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2017
Gentlejay:
pls mamas in the house,i dnt knw if anyone have xperience dis bfore,my baby is just a month old drs dis new pattern i notice wen shes asleep she normally jerk at times and she breaths too fast i ve to shake her infact last night i was awake all tru cos of the shocks n d breathing its scary..i dnt use fan at all so cold iss out of it n her tommy makes rumbling sounds too...pls help am aa new mum nn really concern
I think All babies do both. No need to be concerned unless there are other issues. It's sha your right to watch her sleep at night. I used to do same for my baby. As the old song goes who sat and watched my infant head when sleeping on my cradle bed my mother grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
n i tink d rumbling tommy is giving her discomfort,i use to give her gripe water ..,doctor also recommend nospamin but d way she squeeze her face eh n cry anytime i gv it to her i just tire so i stop cos i dnt gv itt to her along wit the gripe water...but this shocking stuff i dntt like it ooo i wont lie cos she dont do it bfore...we jusst came bk frm my villa wr i gave birth down to my hubby rented new apartment ..am ntt happy with dis new pattern abi na change of environment...pls smone shud just tell me dey ve experience it too cos av been awake since yesterday
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Teeshafo1: 4:31pm On Jul 28, 2017
Teeshafo Foods is an Organic Baby Food Manufacturing Company in Nigeria. Our foods are made from a combination of grains and sea food. No preservatives and additives.

Our foods are suitable for babies from 6 months.

We deliver NATIONWIDE

You can place your orders through our website www.teeshafofoods.com or call our customer care line on 09023526527

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2017
Gentlejay:
anything that concerns breathing, abeg hospital straight!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2017
Why not formula? Any way if are to continue with pap ensure to make it yourself
ahnie:
Please make Una chook mouth for this my matter.

My boy of almost 3months sucks like fire,so I cudnt cope I had to introduce pap to him last two weeks.

He z downloading pap of 100 naira evryday.His avarice for food z alarming.

My husband thinks I'm overfeeding him....pls am I?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 5:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
sexyjuly:
thanks mam.i appreciate.
u can mix ori with skineal or funbact. The ori will be much like a size of medium relaxer container with 2skineal or funbact A. No side. Effect
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2017
feddy27:

ride on darling! Ekene needs all the breastmilk..lol

20months is good; I wonder why boys find it hard to give up... my son is 27months and he still sucks! smiley I'm not worried cos the milk is sufficient for him and his sister and since it's still available to the sis, why hoard it from him...efforts I made in time past didn't stop him so I gave up! any day both of them are tired, let them stop cheesy cheesy cheesy

kisses to my handsome Ekene kiss kiss kiss
Bless you plenty! Na you be our role model o.

kiss

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 5:38pm On Jul 28, 2017
TEEKAY2000:

Was the drug prescribed by a paediatrician? Am 100% sure a Paediatrician can never prescribed cough syrup for babies...pls mothers when we take our kids to hospitals we should always ensure to be seen by a Paediatrician .
what if the paed is ignorant? Just saying
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 5:42pm On Jul 28, 2017
queensnow:
u can mix ori with skineal or funbact. The ori will be much like a size of medium relaxer container with 2skineal or funbact A. No side. Effect
Please stop this! No side effects you boldly say? Do you know what steroids are and how bad long term use can be to an adult how much more an infant?

TWO TUBES EVEN!? shocked angry

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sissie(f): 5:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
I have been seeing people write no side effects, no side effects.

Side effects are not always immediate, or visible.

Sometimes it's gradual, it could take months or even years of using a product or consuming a food before one sees the side effect.

You might think baby is apparently doing well, but that might not be the case.

So because your baby doesn't have an immediate reaction doesn't always mean it's safe.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Amara97(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.