Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,365 members, 7,829,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1045) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4421521 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Misstolaly(f): 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2017
JGracious:
Hello Great Mothers, we went for our 14wks immunisation today BTW (3 injections in a twinkling of an eye is not funny at all o). Thank God my DS feels better now. I found out he didn't gain any weight since the last immunisation at 10wks instead it dropped. My DS is on EBF and eats very well. He's very very active too and wasn't ill at any point in time. He urinates frequently. I feel very worried and I plan to visit the hospital next week. I will appreciate if mothers in the house can offer their advice on what I may be overlooking. Thank you.
birth weight - 2.6kg
6wks- 4.3kg
10wks-6kg
14wks- 5.6kg
He's showing teething signs- drooling&lighter stools but he stills eats well.

I will advise you weigh your baby at any other hospital. When my baby was weighed at her 6wks immunization, they told me her weight was 3.8kg meanwhile her birthweight was 3.2kg. I was really disturbed that she probably wasn't getting enough nutrient because I stopped breastfeeding her and she's on Aptamil only. I took her for Rota Virus vaccine the next day at a private clinic and she was a whooping 4.5kg. Now I'm thinking of going to a different primary health centre for her 10 weeks immunization.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:05pm On Jul 28, 2017
Liftedhands:
Bless you plenty! Na you be our role model o.

kiss

Cc feddy27! 27 months! Wow! Una dey try oh!

I wave my nursing bra in homage!

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 6:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Cc feddy! 27 months! Wow! Una dey try oh!

Lol... Since he has refused to stop, let him ride on grin
Once his sister stops, that's his last day
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 28, 2017
queensnow:
u can mix ori with skineal or funbact. The ori will be much like a size of medium relaxer container with 2skineal or funbact A. No side. Effect

Ori with skineal?? 2 self. Ahhhh!!!!! You're joking baa. Fair baby no dy win award na

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chumzylove1: 6:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
Wow Rota virus vaccine they just introduced it against diarrhea, in our Health center they said its 15000 for the 10 weeks and 13000 for 14 weeks, is it the same with urs?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 6:14pm On Jul 28, 2017
Prettyhurts:

Ori with skineal?? 2 self. Ahhhh!!!!! You're joking baa. Fair baby no dy win award na
it. Doesn't make ur baby fair once mixed with ori
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 28, 2017
queensnow:
it. Doesn't make ur baby fair once mixed with ori

Sorry love, it makes the skin smooth and spotless cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Cc feddy27! 27 months! Wow! Una dey try oh!

Thank you. Please let our twin boys suck for as long as they want when you have them. grin cheesy tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2017
Prettyhurts:

Sorry love, it makes the skin smooth and spotless cheesy grin
that's the idea am not in competition in making my baby fair
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:26pm On Jul 28, 2017
Chumzylove1:
Wow Rota virus vaccine they just introduced it against diarrhea, in our Health center they said its 15000 for the 10 weeks and 13000 for 14 weeks, is it the same with urs?
Yours is cheaper sef! Rota and Penta usually billed together was sold for 17500 in 2016!
Rota 9000
Penta 8500.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2017
feddy27:

Lol... Since he has refused to stop, let him ride on grin
Once his sister stops, that's his last day

Ah! That ine na open cheque oh.. lol! .if the sister carry on till 27 months nko? shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2017
Liftedhands:
Thank you. Please let our twin boys suck for as long as they want when you have them. grin cheesy tongue

*** picks slippers, puts it under armpits and runs away!****
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 6:47pm On Jul 28, 2017
queensnow:
u can mix ori with skineal or funbact. The ori will be much like a size of medium relaxer container with 2skineal or funbact A. No side. Effect
Skineal, funbact A, Vista plus are drugs.... steroids. Not body cream.
It's like mixing paracetamol into your baby's formula Everytime you feed.....makes no sense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 7:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

*** picks slippers, puts it under armpits and runs away!****
mbok slow down mama ibeji! The boys are right behind you cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 7:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
Sexyjuly, hmmm, Skin..al contains a component that renders sperm count to almost zero in MEN! Imagine what it can do to a baby.Pls do your research.
If you want your baby's skin to be supple and sweet, you can try aveeno but no to skineal I beg you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 7:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
hotmomma:
Sexyjuly, hmmm, Skin..al contains a component that renders sperm count to almost zero in MEN! Imagine what it can do to a baby.Pls do your research.
If you want your baby's skin to be supple and sweet, you can try aveeno but no to skineal I beg you.
okay thank u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 7:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
Sissie:
I have been seeing people write no side effects, no side effects.

Side effects are not always immediate, or visible.

Sometimes it's gradual, it could take months or even years of using a product or consuming a food before one sees the side effect.

You might think baby is apparently doing well, but that might not be the case.

So because your baby doesn't have an immediate reaction doesn't always mean it's safe.
thanks for the insight ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2017
Chumzylove1:
its Nine thousand at my private hospital
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2017
@onaswu I see u how are u and lo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2017
Naomi14:
Lol! Normal Rice with stew then tea. My breast will full eh, it will even be pouring. try it. Your own baby wants to eat, my lo doesn't like to eat. She sucks for only 7mins in 2-3hrs. The rest will just be pouring out
pls dis seven mins sucking do u think its okey cos my ds does thesame and it annoys me. and if it starts pouring out and i put it in feeder he will refuse to suck it and i will soon be going back to work. its even worse now that we are at MILs he now sleeps only for some few minutes. in all this truoble he is a very happy boy but i am worried for him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2017
I just read back a few pages and saw your post @debbydominic. I guess you would have gotten lots of advice. My take is that whatever it is you are feeling right now (hurt,betrayal,pain) is not unusual and I would advice that you let it run its course until you no longer feel it, no matter how long it takes! People think they are helping couples by asking the hurt party to "forgive and forget" but having handled a few divorce cases, I can say that this is what kills the relationship faster because the hurt party feels pressured to forgive for appearance sales but deep down, the anger is still there and because they are prevented from expressing themselves, it festers and testers and makes the situation worse.

You have not done any wrong mama. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You did not deprive your husband of sex. You were taking care of your baby. Something has to give, either the care you give your baby or the sex you give your husband and your husband should have understood. Baby needs comes first!

Please do not confront the maid. You have no issues with her. Your issues are with your husband with whom you took a vow. All the things you are feeling now is not unusual and don't let anyone pressure you into doing whatever it is you are not yet comfortable with. As people have advised, you guys need to see a counsellor and please, pour your heart out in your counselling sessions. Say whatever it is you need to say, however you want to say it. Yell, cry or shout if you want to because that is when the healing process can truly begin. *Hugs*

Yesitsme:
first u need to deal with your heart bf any other thing. My hubby would say, never keep a goat with a yam and don't expect it to eat. Keeping malice is worsening the whole thing, refusing him sex was very very wrong. That aside, c a counsellor together, not pastor ooo. U need to forgive him and love him more for telling u

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Twogreatnations: 7:56pm On Jul 28, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
pls dis seven mins sucking do u think its okey cos my ds does thesame and it annoys me. and if it starts pouring out and i put it in feeder he will refuse to suck it and i will soon be going back to work. its even worse now that we are at MILs he now sleeps only for some few minutes. in all this truoble he is a very happy boy but i am worried for him

Worry not dear. As long as he is satisfied , happy and gains weight. Mine spends max 5 mins and get distracted easily but the breastmilk runs like a tap.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Twogreatnations: 8:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
@ Zaynie. This is to say a big thank you to you for the tips you gave us as regards finger foods and eating themselves. It was tedious at first but very rewarding. They eat whatever we we eat well especially the iomoge2 bean recipe . Thanks everyone.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
Hmmm...nope! She does not have to love him (at this time)! Neither does he get an award for telling her, conscience or no conscience. In fact, she should be on the lookout for what made him confess.

Yesitsme:
my dear, he is her husband, its her family. No one will advice her better than she will to herself. Yes, he doesn't deserve an award but with d way d society is, he should be applauded ( we won't say that to his face) she just has to love him, cos he wanted forgiveness that's y he confessed, not all men have such conscience or guts.if she has caught him in d act then d story would have been different

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
My lo's weight is increasing at her immunization days so am less worried. I think you should try weigh him to see if he's gaining any weight.
ciscamustexcel:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2017
Have you tried oats? Anytime I eat oats, i pump as much as 250mls from one breast alone. Also, do tigernut milk. It really helps lactation. Keep a bottle of water beside you when Breast feeding and take regular sips. Massage your breast with a warm wash cloth just before you out her to breast. It helps your breast milk flow faster.

reniduke:
@giddyperson, @naomi14, everybori. Im about to give up on breastfeeding. My milk supply has refused to be reliable. My baby was patient at the beginning when there was almost nothing coming out such that i had to supplement with formula to stop weight loss Ive drank so much ogi that if u cut me ogi might flow before blood so dont even volunteer that advice again. She's no longer patient to suck such that even now that its flowing beta than before, she will beat my bt and start crying if its not fast enough. N once she's annoyed, na 1hour + cry be that.

My ability to sleep at night is disappearing before my very eyes. Cos she used to be content to suck bt from 8pm till daybreak. Last night i had to make a bottle before she could eat enough to go back to sleep. I want to know if there's any other solution before i give up n face formula only.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2017
silvoice:
pls urgent help before my wife goes ahead to buy cough syrup. We are having a heated argument over it.

If you must, get a cough syrup that doesn't contain honey.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2017
Who still dey awake? See baby Prince at 8 months. We are having fun.

Modified.

18 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2017
Twogreatnations:

Worry not dear. As long as he is satisfied , happy and gains weight. Mine spends max 5 mins and get distracted easily but the breastmilk runs like a tap.
thanks dearie i will try not to let it bother me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 9:02pm On Jul 28, 2017
spiceeamiee:
I just read back a few pages and saw your post @debbydominic. I guess you would have gotten lots of advice. My take is that whatever it is you are feeling right now (hurt,betrayal,pain) is not unusual and I would advice that you let it run its course until you no longer feel it, no matter how long it takes! People think they are helping couples by asking the hurt party to "forgive and forget" but having handled a few divorce cases, I can say that this is what kills the relationship faster because the hurt party feels pressured to forgive for appearance sales but deep down, the anger is still there and because they are prevented from expressing themselves, it festers and testers and makes the situation worse.

You have not done any wrong mama. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You did not deprive your husband of sex. You were taking care of your baby. Something has to give, either the care you give your baby or the sex you give your husband and your husband should have understood. Baby needs comes first!

Please do not confront the maid. You have no issues with her. Your issues are with your husband with whom you took a vow. All the things you are feeling now is not unusual and don't let anyone pressure you into doing whatever it is you are not yet comfortable with. As people have advised, you guys need to see a counsellor and please, pour your heart out in your counselling sessions. Say whatever it is you need to say, however you want to say it. Yell, cry or shout if you want to because that is when the healing process can truly begin. *Hugs*

I think you quoted d wrong person on this
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 9:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
Liftedhands:

Lol.... Don't mind me jare... I'm getting tired already. Once she's 1, by force o... I must stop
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 9:05pm On Jul 28, 2017
XX01:
Who still dey awake? See baby Prince at 8 months. We are having fun.
cutie

(1) (2) (3) ... (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.