Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,790 members, 7,851,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:51 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1048) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4449925 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sexyjuly(f): 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2017
hotmomma:
Sexyjuly, hmmm, Skin..al contains a component that renders sperm count to almost zero in MEN! Imagine what it can do to a baby.Pls do your research.
If you want your baby's skin to be supple and sweet, you can try aveeno but no to skineal I beg you.
thanks hotmomma.I just googled about it n my findings were scary.thanks for d info I appreciate.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Julyborn: 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
blackFTM:
I want to thank every mother that responded, you guys are super. Na wa o.....I almost fainted, in fact I test the olbas oil to feel how my baby is feeling (na confusion make me do am o) and it has a terrible tests. Now I know better not to induce vomit again. We are always learning.....after all I am a good mother.

He has been playing, his poo is good and feeding normal.

Well, today is my birthday, I just had the courage to go out with him.

Thanks mamas.
Hugs Mama, you are doing a good job
Apy bday to you, more blessings.... kiss kiss to your son
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 5:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
@blackFTM, Happy birthday to you. Devil is a liar in your family. God protect your son. Enjoy your day jare

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
Akorkor

I tried Nuttymeal+formula+apple puree today and the taste is divine...(I actually tasted a few spoons)
Zara loved it too.....
u know d apple gave it a sweet taste wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:23pm On Jul 29, 2017
So we tried the baby Okro soup today and she took it quite well.
I cooked Okro with ground crayfish, Titus fish and tiny palm oil. I 'blended' grin the soup with a blender after cooking so it's easy for her to swallow as she never get teeth.

In other news, Removing bones from Titus fish no b small work o.... Dat ish took me like 35mins to do.

enque:
So we just tried boiled mashed plantain with egg yolk and a lil ground crayfish, and she took it well.

Next attempt will be 'baby Okro soup'

So help me God grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
enque:
Akorkor

I tried Nuttymeal+formula+apple puree today and the taste is divine...(I actually tasted a few spoons)
Zara loved it too.....
u know d apple gave it a sweet taste wink

Woww!!! That's nice. I have used veggie beans+sweet potatoes also and it's so yummy. She loves it. I have also done your style before but didn't add formula sha. Welldone mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
enque:
So we tried the baby Okro soup today and she took it quite well.
I cooked Okro with ground crayfish, Titus fish and tiny palm oil. I 'blended' grin the soup with a blender after cooking so it's easy for her to swallow as she never get teeth.

In other news, Removing bones from Titus fish no b small work o.... Dat ish took me like 35mins to do.

I will try this for ewedu to swallow amala later. Welldone mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2017
Akorkor:

Woww!!! That's nice. I have used veggie beans+sweet potatoes also and it's so yummy. She loves it. I have also done your style before but didn't add formula sha. Welldone mama

i tried the veggie beans once, but she didn't quite like it...I think the palm oil i put was a bit too much for her cos her facial expression sef was like 'mama wat is this??' lol
I'll try again later in the week jare.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
Akorkor:

I will try this for ewedu to swallow amala later. Welldone mama

Thanks dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
Julyborn:

Hugs Mama, you are doing a good job
Apy bday to you, more blessings.... kiss kiss to your son
Akorkor:
@blackFTM, Happy birthday to you. Devil is a liar in your family. God protect your son. Enjoy your day jare

Amen and thanks love �
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by orbie11(f): 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
:PSo we tried the baby Okro soup today

Weldone mama. Also want to try this and oda fish meals but my ish is the Titus fish. Pls Is it ok to use the frozen ones dy sell in the open market. Been looking for fresh Titus fish or packed ones just like CHI chicken, I neva see. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2017
blackFTM:
I want to thank every mother that responded, you guys are super. Na wa o.....I almost fainted, in fact I test the olbas oil to feel how my baby is feeling (na confusion make me do am o) and it has a terrible tests. Now I know better not to induce vomit again. We are always learning.....after all I am a good mother.

He has been playing, his poo is good and feeding normal.

Well, today is my birthday, I just had the courage to go out with him.

Thanks mamas.

Happy birthday dear, many more years to you. We're birthday mate grin grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
orbie11:
:PSo we tried the baby Okro soup today

Weldone mama. Also want to try this and oda fish meals but my ish is the Titus fish. Pls Is it ok to use the frozen ones dy sell in the open market. Been looking for fresh Titus fish or packed ones just like CHI chicken, I neva see. Thanks.

I buy from the open market.
I make sure I cook it very well so all the inner parts get well cooked.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2017
Happy birthday Prettyhurts and blackftm

God bless u guys

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
Happy birthday prettyhurts blackftm

Where are the Lekki Mums? Who wants to go jogging, I don't want to go by myself before I get kidnapped and the kidnappers realize I can afford only N40, 000 as ransom and then they turn me into camp cook and then they realize my ogbono soup may not be the best and then they finally ask me to handwash clothes and I go "I've got Wicklow..." and they get tired of my excuses and return me back home exhausted cry

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
Onegai:

Where are the Lekki Mums? Who wants to go jogging, I don't want to go by myself before I get kidnapped and the kidnappers realize I can afford only N40, 000 as ransom and then they turn me into camp cook and then they realize my ogbono soup may not be the best and then they finally ask me to handbag clothes and I go "I've got Wicklow..." and they get tired of my excuses and return me back home exhausted cry
such nice kidnappers to let you go just like that. Happy birthday prettyhurts blackftm and iomoge2

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by orbie11(f): 6:43pm On Jul 29, 2017
enque:

I buy from the open market. I make sure I cook it very well so all the inner parts get well cooked.
Ok then. Thank you very much for the info.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2017
Make una hellep me bikonu cry cry

spiceeamiee:
Senior mama's, I'm here watching my daughter sleep and struggling not to panic. She makes this wheezing sound like she has phlegm/mucus in her nose/throat but I have looked into her nose repeatedly and there is nothing there but she is wheezing while breathing and I think it's making her uncomfortable as she hasn't really slept much today. I have done the steam inhalation with eucalyptus oil and I did not see much improvement. I want to get saline spray/drops but what the pharmacy has is Oterivine (sp?) drops. Is it the same with saline drops? Will it relieve her? Is there any other thing I can do to relive her? I just hate that wheezing sound she is making while breathing. The peadiatrician in the hospital is not around till Monday so I just need some remedies to help us by before we head to the hospital come Monday. Thank you mas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Damisinto: 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2017
Hello senior mummyz. Kindly help a FTM with these questions
1) My two weeks + baby prefers sleeping on his back instead of his sides as we were told at the hospital, yes I pad his sides well to ensure he doesnt turn but he feels so uncomfortable till I remove the side guards and sleeps better. How dangerous is it?

2) he streches A LOT, he doesnt cry while stretching though but I just feel its too much for his age as he does it like an adult. What could be the cause or is it normal?

Thank you all for your prompt response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Julyborn: 7:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
This is so cool
Apy bday prettyhurts and iomoge2, Gods very own blessings all the ways, cheers!!
Tomorrow is my own bday..

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:17pm On Jul 29, 2017
Damisinto:
1) My two weeks + baby prefers sleeping on his back instead of his sides as we were told at the hospital, yes I pad his sides well to ensure he doesnt turn but he feels so uncomfortable till I remove the side guards and sleeps better. How dangerous is it?

2) he streches A LOT, he doesnt cry while stretching though but I just feel its too much for his age as he does it like an adult. What could be the cause or is it normal?

He is supposed to sleep on his back that's the safest position for him. How come the hospital asked you to put him on his side. My baby stretches too much too. Sometimes when she wakes up in the morning I just stand by her cot and wait for her to finish stretching so I can pick her up but it always seems endless

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
spiceeamiee:

i think you are doing everything that would have been suggested. If you are too worried you can go see a gp before Monday and hear what he says
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 7:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
spiceeamiee:

Try Shea butter and see! Apply a small amount around her nose it should help her breath easier. Pele sis.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 7:29pm On Jul 29, 2017
Damisinto:

Allow your baby be biko. The stretches are normal why won't babies stretch​ after staying curled up for months?

My midwife actually told me the stomach is better! The baby sleeps for longer and helps with colic relief. Make sure no loose beddings are where you lay baby though.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
Spicey.
Some babies just make wheezing sounds, let your Dr know. He should be able to tell the good kind from the bad kind.

Damisinto, when I wake up I stretch and stretch and stretch. When I had my first child, comman see him stretching now, my husband will just be side eyeing me... cheesy
Now we stretch together,my son and I grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2017
At least they eventually let you go grin

Onegai:

Where are the Lekki Mums? Who wants to go jogging, I don't want to go by myself before I get kidnapped and the kidnappers realize I can afford only N40, 000 as ransom and then they turn me into camp cook and then they realize my ogbono soup may not be the best and then they finally ask me to handwash clothes and I go "I've got Wicklow..." and they get tired of my excuses and return me back home exhausted cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lightedpath(f): 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
Damisinto:

sleeping on the back is the preferred option so it's not dangerous. Stretching is also normal so no worries.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lightedpath(f): 7:43pm On Jul 29, 2017
Liftedhands my teamie before before. How are you doing?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 7:45pm On Jul 29, 2017
lightedpath:
LiftedLifted hands my teamie before before. How are you doing?
I'm good sis how are you and dd?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2017
spiceeamiee:

Otrivine isn't saline drops.
See pix

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Damisinto: 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
Thanks lightedpath zaynie liftedhands Giddyperson ....am relieved

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
Yes, you shouldn't worry! Even when I told the doctor my baby stretches a lot, she asked me if I don't stretch. I guess all babies do.
Damisinto:
....am relieved

(1) (2) (3) ... (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.