Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1046) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4430611 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:39pm On Jul 28, 2017
XX01:
Who still dey awake? See baby Prince at 8 months. We are having fun.

He's such a cutie
Mbok keep him for my daughter grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2017
XX01:
Who still dey awake? See baby Prince at 8 months. We are having fun.

He is so cute.....mi love
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2017
My princes will be 3month in 2wks time, he can talk for africa grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 9:54pm On Jul 28, 2017
Thank you @Misstolaly.
I'll do just as you have advised.

It seems it won't be a bad idea for mothers to invest in a digital weighing scale for babies. I just checked some out on amazon and prices are as low as £29.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 10:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
So mamas I wanted to share something incredible with you guys. See, my son has been having cold and serious nose block that prevented him from having good night sleep.last 2 nights I got so tired and frustrated that I wished I have bought nose spray, so I went online saw that my breast milk can help in a natural way. That is how I washed my hand, expressed small amount of hindsmilk (he has been sucking for 20 min) on my palm and used a syring I use for his drug and then dropped 3 drops on each nose. About ten minutes later it worked like magic, He slept. Though the nose got blocked again like two times during the day and I repeated the same thing. Finally his nose is free and he is sleeping soundly.

You can also express directly into the nose. Just target the nose and press the areola.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 10:47pm On Jul 28, 2017
It's really expensive at your healtg centre o. Most private hospitals that I know give it for 8500/9k.
Interestingly you can administer rotavirus vaccine yourself. its an oral drop. If you're in lagos, medvacc sells it for #5650. alpha pharmacy sells for 6k/7k.
The vaccine is called Rotarix. check for their phone number online and place your order. take an ice bag when going to pick up.

Chumzylove1:
Wow Rota virus vaccine they just introduced it against diarrhea, in our Health center they said its 15000 for the 10 weeks and 13000 for 14 weeks, is it the same with urs?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 11:07pm On Jul 28, 2017
JGracious:
It's really expensive at your healtg centre o. Most private hospitals that I know give it for 8500/9k.
Interestingly you can administer rotavirus vaccine yourself. its an oral drop. If you're in lagos, medvacc sells it for #5650. alpha pharmacy sells for 6k/7k.
The vaccine is called Rotarix. check for their phone number online and place your order. take an ice bag when going to pick up.

My baby has taken the first Rota but he is yet to take the second dose is it possible to still take it at 19 weeks please?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 28, 2017
Yeppeee, @Feddy27 and @Liftedhands, I hold my two breast flap them together to say respect!!!!, 27months and 20months respectively ewoooo, my twins of 15months everyone don dey hala say e don too much, infact my elder sister is coming down to stop them next week.

Meeeeennnn, but 27months still sucking? I no fit shout ooooo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:52pm On Jul 28, 2017
Lol. You don dey book boys join?

jazzyjazz:

He's such a cutie
Mbok keep him for my daughter grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by reniduke(f): 5:13am On Jul 29, 2017
enque:

If u r in lag, I can dash u my remaining Fenugreek seeds
Im in lag. Ill send u a pm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by reniduke(f): 5:16am On Jul 29, 2017
Either she doesnt like to eat much or the problem is u feeding her, so let someone else feed her. As much as my baby likes food and takes formula easily, she dislikes it when i feed her and starts getting annoyed after a while wanting bt milk.
Naomi14:
Ma'am I tried it once, she just kept pushing out the bottle with her tongue. I got tired and threw the milk away.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by reniduke(f): 5:19am On Jul 29, 2017
Is she pooping regularly or Does she look like she's struggling to poop? How old is she?
Gentlejay:
n i tink d rumbling tommy is giving her discomfort,i use to give her gripe water ..,doctor also recommend nospamin but d way she squeeze her face eh n cry anytime i gv it to her i just tire so i stop cos i dnt gv itt to her along wit the gripe water...but this shocking stuff i dntt like it ooo i wont lie cos she dont do it bfore...we jusst came bk frm my villa wr i gave birth down to my hubby rented new apartment ..am ntt happy with dis new pattern abi na change of environment...pls smone shud just tell me dey ve experience it too cos av been awake since yesterday
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by reniduke(f): 5:24am On Jul 29, 2017
Do PHCs not give rotavirus? I use a private hospital for all vaccines and im told oll pay for rota vieus but not the others. I was wondering why?
Misstolaly:

I will advise you weigh your baby at any other hospital. When my baby was weighed at her 6wks immunization, they told me her weight was 3.8kg meanwhile her birthweight was 3.2kg. I was really disturbed that she probably wasn't getting enough nutrient because I stopped breastfeeding her and she's on Aptamil only. I took her for Rota Virus vaccine the next day at a private clinic and she was a whooping 4.5kg. Now I'm thinking of going to a different primary health centre for her 10 weeks immunization.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by reniduke(f): 5:26am On Jul 29, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Cc feddy27! 27 months! Wow! Una dey try oh!

I wave my nursing bra in homage!
Please 27months is 2years and 3months abi? Na wa ooo. Husband is not conplaining ni? U dis women will not kill someone with laff @liftedhands

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by reniduke(f): 5:31am On Jul 29, 2017
See this life, u people with excess milk are doing 7mins sucking, while me with small, my baby can do 2hours there if i let her. Took me a while to realise after eating she was using me as pacifier.
ciscamustexcel:
pls dis seven mins sucking do u think its okey cos my ds does thesame and it annoys me. and if it starts pouring out and i put it in feeder he will refuse to suck it and i will soon be going back to work. its even worse now that we are at MILs he now sleeps only for some few minutes. in all this truoble he is a very happy boy but i am worried for him

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by reniduke(f): 5:35am On Jul 29, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Have you tried oats? Anytime I eat oats, i pump as much as 250mls from one breast alone. Also, do tigernut milk. It really helps lactation. Keep a bottle of water beside you when Breast feeding and take regular sips. Massage your breast with a warm wash cloth just before you out her to breast. It helps your breast milk flow faster.

Thanks will try oat n tigernut milk, ive already tried custard too. I take hot baths, my gal wil not wait for warm cloth massage, the neighbours will hear our vex-cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by reniduke(f): 5:38am On Jul 29, 2017
JGracious:
Thank you @Misstolaly.
I'll do just as you have advised.

It seems it won't be a bad idea for mothers to invest in a digital weighing scale for babies. I just checked some out on amazon and prices are as low as £29.
Delivery nko?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 6:48am On Jul 29, 2017
reniduke:

Im in lag. Ill send u a pm

Check ur email...... I've responded
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:51am On Jul 29, 2017
reniduke:

Thanks will try oat n tigernut milk, ive already tried custard too. I take hot baths, my gal wil not wait for warm cloth massage, the neighbours will hear our vex-cry
lol you can be massaging one breast while she's on the other one
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:30am On Jul 29, 2017
Twogreatnations:
@ Zaynie. This is to say a big thank you to you for the tips you gave us as regards finger foods and eating themselves. It was tedious at first but very rewarding. They eat whatever we we eat well especially the iomoge2 bean recipe . Thanks everyone.

Awwwwww, you're welcome kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by RxH8: 8:00am On Jul 29, 2017
Six Unbelievable but true things about Pregnancy you should Know

Pregnancy is a challenging, unpredictable but desirable part of life. No two pregnancies are exactly alike from conception, through labour and delivery. Therefore, it is easy for to conclude that one has had an unusual experience pregnancy. Nevertheless, some stories about pregnancies are easier to believe than others. So, before you conclude your experience was bizarre, consider these unbelievable but true things about pregnancy.

Visit http://www.healthx24.com/unbelievable-pregnancy/ for more
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:46am On Jul 29, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Lol. You don dey book boys join?

grin
Oh yelz
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chumzylove1: 8:50am On Jul 29, 2017
JGracious:

am in Port Harcourt I use Obio Cottage Hospital it's too much see the difference
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 29, 2017
Okay then I will try it.
reniduke:
Either she doesnt like to eat much or the problem is u feeding her, so let someone else feed her. As much as my baby likes food and takes formula easily, she dislikes it when i feed her and starts getting annoyed after a while wanting bt milk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:44am On Jul 29, 2017
@iomoge2
Happy Birthday Mama Zoe

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmercies: 10:11am On Jul 29, 2017
My seniors in the house pls make una chook mouth for this my matter. As I said earlier I don't breastfeed my DS, he's 3months now but I noticed he doesn't have appetite again he manages to take 60ml as against 150 to 180 ml before, pls what cld be the problem. I was also advised to start giving him pap. Pls I need your advice , at 3 months can I introduce pap or Cereals to him? and if yes, what type of cereal ?.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bookholla(f): 10:15am On Jul 29, 2017
Good morning mamas in the house. Please ma (s),I need suggestions on reputable pharmacies in lagos where I can get hepatitis b immunoglobulin injection for a new born. I will appreciate our responses. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:32am On Jul 29, 2017
feddy27:

Lol.... Don't mind me jare... I'm getting tired already. Once she's 1, by force o... I must stop
Please don't force her to stop jare.. let her enjoy the boobies like her elder brother did!

By the way the post you qouted was for alphamama! She's having twin boys next by faith wink

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:36am On Jul 29, 2017
blackFTM:
So mamas I wanted to share something incredible with you guys. See, my son has been having cold and serious nose block that prevented him from having good night sleep.last 2 nights I got so tired and frustrated that I wished I have bought nose spray, so I went online saw that my breast milk can help in a natural way. That is how I washed my hand, expressed small amount of hindsmilk (he has been sucking for 20 min) on my palm and used a syring I use for his drug and then dropped 3 drops on each nose. About ten minutes later it worked like magic, He slept. Though the nose got blocked again like two times during the day and I repeated the same thing. Finally his nose is free and he is sleeping soundly.

You can also express directly into the nose. Just target the nose and press the areola.
Your last line got me cracking up #target the nose grin nice tip too.

You may also try Shea butter applied on the nose bridge and opening it works in freeing up blocked nostrils.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:41am On Jul 29, 2017
olubankemi:
Yeppeee, @Fed dy27 and @Liftedh ands, I hold my two breast flap them together to say respect!!!!, 27months and 20months respectively ewoooo, my twins of 15months everyone don dey hala say e don too much, infact my elder sister is coming down to stop them next week.

Meeeeennnn, but 27months still sucking? I no fit shout ooooo.
It's not easy at all! Everybody says I should stop that it is blood he is sucking lolz! I'm just letting him be jare as the breast is not complaining na cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 10:43am On Jul 29, 2017
URGENT PLEASE

so this morning after bathing my son. All the things I needed to dress him was on the bed. After dressing him he was crying and been fussy about wanting to feed so I said let me use the opportunity to drop the vitermin D on my nipple so that he can suck. Unknowingly it was olbas oil (I use a drop of olbas oil on his cloth because he has cold) that I dropped on my nipple. I noticed he spat out the breast milk and spoilt his mouth. I gave him the second time and the same thing happened. I looked at my side and noticed that I just dropped olbas oil instead of vitermin D.

I was confused for a few seconds and they put my hand down his throat to vomit. He vomited all the milk and drug I gave him. I used cotton wool and warm water to wash his mouth and then breast Fed him with the other breast. All this happened about 2 hours ago. He slept and just woke up.

Please someone should tell me he will be fine.that nothing will go wrong with my 4 month old

I feel so horrible, like I am a bad mother, I can't stop crying, why didn't I notice....why didn't I pay more attention, why wasn't I more vegillant. God no please...I am so sorry. I am such a terrible mother. I feel like a failure. embarassed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:44am On Jul 29, 2017
reniduke:

Please 27months is 2years and 3months abi? Na wa ooo. Husband is not conplaining ni? U dis women will not kill someone with laff @lifte dhands
Lolz I'm even thinking of going farther than feddys son if he didn't stop by himself lipsrsealed grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.