Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,459 members, 7,850,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:25 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1047) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4447828 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:52am On Jul 29, 2017
Newmercies:
My seniors in the house pls make una chook mouth for this my matter. As I said earlier I don't breastfeed my DS, he's 3months now but I noticed he doesn't have appetite again he manages to take 60ml as against 150 to 180 ml before, pls what cld be the problem. I was also advised to start giving him pap. Pls I need your advice , at 3 months can I introduce pap or Cereals to him? and if yes, what type of cereal ?.
First figure out why he doesn't have appetite and settle it. Stick to formula and breast till he is at least 4months.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 29, 2017
JGracious:
Thank you @Misstolaly.
I'll do just as you have advised.

It seems it won't be a bad idea for mothers to invest in a digital weighing scale for babies. I just checked some out on amazon and prices are as low as £29.
price in naira abeg.
My health center doesn't even weigh at all and e dey pain me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 11:01am On Jul 29, 2017
bookholla:
Good morning mamas in the house. Please ma (s),I need suggestions on reputable pharmacies in lagos where I can get hepatitis b immunoglobulin injection for a new born. I will appreciate our responses. Thanks.
Bola chemist had all the "scarce"medication I needed when I had NF in 2015. They are on the island at Campbell Street.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Itissettled3: 11:06am On Jul 29, 2017
Hello dearie. Sorry about what happened.

You are not a bad mother.

Look into the mirror and repeat after me.

I
BLACKFTM
IS
NOT
A
BAD
MOTHER.

For your son, I suggest you call your paediatrician but I guess nothing is wrong. It's just a drop then please I don't think putting your hand down his throat is a good idea.
Giving him milk is a better option. Milk neutralizes. Other mamas will respond sooner. He will be ok. Feed him milk for now.

blackFTM:
URGENT PLEAS
I feel so horrible, like I am a bad mother, I can't stop crying, why didn't I notice....why didn't I pay more attention, why wasn't I more vegillant. God no please...I am so sorry. I am such a terrible mother. I feel like a failure. embarassed

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 29, 2017
Chumzylove1:
am in Port Harcourt I use Obio Cottage Hospital it's too much see the difference
My son didn't take rotavirus vaccine and am worried. My healthcare center don't administer it yet. Please anywhere around umuahia, Aba, Owerri can I go and take it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:13am On Jul 29, 2017
@reniduke where in lag are u?
I'm around isolo/airpirt road
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 11:26am On Jul 29, 2017
Itissettled3:

I
BLACKFTM
IS
NOT
A
BAD
MOTHER.

For your son, I suggest you call your paediatrician but I guess nothing is wrong. It's just a drop then please I don't think putting your hand down his throat is a good idea.
Giving him milk is a better option. Milk neutralizes. Other mamas will respond sooner. He will be ok. Feed him milk for now.

Thank you...I just need a hug now....he is playing now and sucking normal
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onaswu(f): 12:05pm On Jul 29, 2017
queensnow:
@onaswu I see u how are u and lo
we are doing great thanks for checking on us
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
You're not a bad mother. It can happen, thankfully you detected in time, he spat out the milk and it's just a drop. Observe his poo and eating pattern for the next few hours, if you see anything strange no matter how slight hospital straight. I suggest next time, you take the vitamin d supplements yourself, he'll get it in the milk.

But you are not a bad mother. And you're not a failure

blackFTM:
URGENT PLEASE

so this morning after bathing my son. All the things I needed to dress him was on the bed. After dressing him he was crying and been fussy about wanting to feed so I said let me use the opportunity to drop the vitermin D on my nipple so that he can suck. Unknowingly it was olbas oil (I use a drop of olbas oil on his cloth because he has cold) that I dropped on my nipple. I noticed he spat out the breast milk and spoilt his mouth. I gave him the second time and the same thing happened. I looked at my side and noticed that I just dropped olbas oil instead of vitermin D.

I was confused for a few seconds and they put my hand down his throat to vomit. He vomited all the milk and drug I gave him. I used cotton wool and warm water to wash his mouth and then breast Fed him with the other breast. All this happened about 2 hours ago. He slept and just woke up.

Please someone should tell me he will be fine.that nothing will go wrong with my 4 month old

I feel so horrible, like I am a bad mother, I can't stop crying, why didn't I notice....why didn't I pay more attention, why wasn't I more vegillant. God no please...I am so sorry. I am such a terrible mother. I feel like a failure. embarassed

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
Hi Mama. Howz my baby's twin? I'll buzz you later this weekend

Itissettled3:

I
BLACKFTM
IS
NOT
A
BAD
MOTHER.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2017
blackFTM:

Thank you...I just need a hug now....he is playing now and sucking normal
He will be fine but if you are worried kindly take him to the Hospital with the olbas oil for checkup.
Huggs
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
Modified

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2017
BlackFTM and every mom (and dad) on here should endeavor to search for and join"ask the pediatricians" page on Facebook.
I have learnt a lot from there.
One of the doctors narrated something, I can't seem to find the exact post so I'd just try and summarize as best as I can remember.
A child was thirsty and kept asking his mom and others in the house for water... everyone was quite busy and ignored his request. The child went ahead to search for water himself and found a bottle of water and drank the contents...but alas, the contents wasn't water but bleach! The mom in trying to Induce vomiting poured Palm oil down the boys throat....it was too much for his lungs(I think) and he couldn't breathe and ended up dying.
The doctors seriously warned against trying to Induce vomiting. The first aid for consumption of poisonous substance is 'giving milk'. Milk neutralizes poisonous substance. They said in this instance, the bleach wouldn't have killed the child, but trying to Induce vomiting did.

Lessons I learnt from that unfortunate event was:
1: Never put poisonous substances in water bottles
2: Never try to Induce vomiting when poison is inadvertently ingested.

BlackFTM, keep giving your baby milk and go see a pediatrician just to be sure he is ok.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chumzylove1: 1:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
Benignasweety:
My son didn't take rotavirus vaccine and am worried. My healthcare center don't administer it yet. Please anywhere around umuahia, Aba, Owerri can I go and take it
my dear don't be worried they just introduced to our health center also its not compulsory if you can maintain proper hygiene to prevent diarrhoea, my first child didn't take it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Itissettled3: 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
My dear, we is fine oh. Will buzz u now sef.

hunniesuzie:
Hi Mama. Howz my baby's twin? I'll buzz you later this weekend

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2017
That's about 12k or so.
I found this one that ships to nigeria sef. Its about that price too and has good reviews.
Health o meter Grow with Me 2-in-1 Baby to Toddler Scale with Growt... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009MFUZE/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_MRiFzbKQK1PN4

Please note that the major issue with scales is inaccurate readings so guard against that when you are buying o.

Benignasweety:
price in naira abeg.
My health center doesn't even weigh at all and e dey pain me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
There are some that ships to Nigeria.
reniduke:

Delivery nko?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bookholla(f): 2:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
Liftedhands:
Bola chemist had all the "scarce"medication I needed when I had NF in 2015. They are on the island at Campbell Street.
Tanx ma.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
Yes it is possible. The latest time for completing the dose is 24wks.

blackFTM:

My baby has taken the first Rota but he is yet to take the second dose is it possible to still take it at 19 weeks please?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
blackFTM:
URGENT PLEASE

so this morning after bathing my son. All the things I needed to dress him was on the bed. After dressing him he was crying and been fussy about wanting to feed so I said let me use the opportunity to drop the vitermin D on my nipple so that he can suck. Unknowingly it was olbas oil (I use a drop of olbas oil on his cloth because he has cold) that I dropped on my nipple. I noticed he spat out the breast milk and spoilt his mouth. I gave him the second time and the same thing happened. I looked at my side and noticed that I just dropped olbas oil instead of vitermin D.

I was confused for a few seconds and they put my hand down his throat to vomit. He vomited all the milk and drug I gave him. I used cotton wool and warm water to wash his mouth and then breast Fed him with the other breast. All this happened about 2 hours ago. He slept and just woke up.

Please someone should tell me he will be fine.that nothing will go wrong with my 4 month old

Milk him up. Lots of milk, he will be fine. Don't try and induce vomiting. Never do palm oil, it doesn't neutralize enough poisons. By the way, vitamin D supplement for breastfed babies refers more to babies born in the western world and their mothers' diet: they are not red meat eaters like Africans are. We do red meat in meals at least twice daily, so you're passing on enough vitamin D.

Never induce vomiting. Babies do sometimes pass food out of their noses and it could go into their lungs. They will asphyxiate (die from lack of air, similar to drowning). Never induce vomiting.

Someone brought in a boy who drank Sniper and he made it (barely). My daughter put the cap of her antibacterial cream into her mouth and licked the cream, months later she's chasing chickens (she and her chickens have finally called a ceasefire, so they let her hold them and she doesn't chase anymore). I didn't induce vomiting. It came out of her system.
Horrible things happen, your strength lies from learning from it, bouncing back quick and moving on.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dharyor1234(f): 3:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
http://giveaway.originalcosmetics.com.ng/thanks/30023/lp30023
just a click away to win fantastic milani products
come back and thank me later
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Teegali(f): 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2017
Madam feddy27 ,my 2016 October I doff cap for you oo@ 27months breastfeeding., but were you also breastfeeding him while you were pregnant,how did cope with pregnancy and breastfeeding?. Everyone is telling me to stop breastfeeding my dad of aalmost 10 months as I m on another missionary journey ,I m 13 weeks + .I m worried that I will be depriving her if I wean her by force.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 3:45pm On Jul 29, 2017
I am really, really, REALLY concerned that immunization ampoules are being sold on the open market. I don't care if it is a pharmacy. How did they get it??

The process of supplying immunization medications to a country like Nigeria is that WHO makes it available to the government of the country and the government distributes it to hospitals and private hospitals buy from government. Immunizations have serial numbers to track authenticity. Pharmaceutical industries like Emzor and another group are trying to go into manufacture of immunization medications however it it not readily available yet. But, immunizations should not be so readily available to your random pharmacy in any area. Unless they are getting supplied by Indian/Asian companies privately. And Indian companies have been known to sell off expired or almost expired drugs to private companies (trust our people, they do adjust the expiry dates and flood the market with a blend of fakes and originals). Factor into consideration that immunizations are supposed to be cold-room storage (always refrigerated) and you may as well be giving water to your child.

If a deal sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

This is just my word of caution, it is up to you to make whatever decision you feel best.

www.nefescorner..com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 3:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
Senior mama's, I'm here watching my daughter sleep and struggling not to panic. She makes this wheezing sound like she has phlegm/mucus in her nose/throat but I have looked into her nose repeatedly and there is nothing there but she is wheezing while breathing and I think it's making her uncomfortable as she hasn't really slept much today. I have done the steam inhalation with eucalyptus oil and I did not see much improvement. I want to get saline spray/drops but what the pharmacy has is Oterivine (sp?) drops. Is it the same with saline drops? Will it relieve her? Is there any other thing I can do to relive her? I just hate that wheezing sound she is making while breathing. The peadiatrician in the hospital is not around till Monday so I just need some remedies to help us by before we head to the hospital come Monday. Thank you mas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhukie(f): 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
Thank you so much @onegai and @blackFTM for the response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 4:17pm On Jul 29, 2017
Onegai:

Milk him up. Lots of milk, he will be fine. Don't try and induce vomiting. Never do palm oil, it doesn't neutralize enough poisons. By the way, vitamin D supplement for breastfed babies refers more to babies born in the western world and their mothers' diet: they are not red meat eaters like Africans are. We do red meat in meals at least twice daily, so you're passing on enough vitamin D.

Never induce vomiting. Babies do sometimes pass food out of their noses and it could go into their lungs. They will asphyxiate (die from lack of air, similar to drowning). Never induce vomiting.

Someone brought in a boy who drank Sniper and he made it (barely). My daughter put the cap of her antibacterial cream into her mouth and licked the cream, months later she's chasing chickens (she and her chickens have finally called a ceasefire, so they let her hold them and she doesn't chase anymore). I didn't induce vomiting. It came out of her system.
Horrible things happen, your strength lies from learning from it, bouncing back quick and moving on.

Thank you so much I have learnt it gan ni o...no more trying to induce vomit again. About the vitamin D. It was recommended to me by a midwife in the UK
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 4:19pm On Jul 29, 2017
sugah:
BlackFTM and every mom (and dad) on here should endeavor to search for and join"ask the pediatricians" page on Facebook.
I have learnt a lot from there.
One of the doctors narrated something, I can't seem to find the exact post so I'd just try and summarize as best as I can remember.
A child was thirsty and kept asking his mom and others in the house for water... everyone was quite busy and ignored his request. The child went ahead to search for water himself and found a bottle of water and drank the contents...but alas, the contents wasn't water but bleach! The mom in trying to Induce vomiting poured Palm oil down the boys throat....it was too much for his lungs(I think) and he couldn't breathe and ended up dying.
The doctors seriously warned against trying to Induce vomiting. The first aid for consumption of poisonous substance is 'giving milk'. Milk neutralizes poisonous substance. They said in this instance, the bleach wouldn't have killed the child, but trying to Induce vomiting did.

Lessons I learnt from that unfortunate event was:
1: Never put poisonous substances in water bottles
2: Never try to Induce vomiting when poison is inadvertently ingested.

BlackFTM, keep giving your baby milk and go see a pediatrician just to be sure he is ok.

Thanks for the insight....I will follow them sharp sharp
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 4:20pm On Jul 29, 2017
Liftedhands:
He will be fine but if you are worried kindly take him to the Hospital with the olbas oil for checkup.
Huggs

Thanks love for the support

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
hunniesuzie:
You're not a bad mother. It can happen, thankfully you detected in time, he spat out the milk and it's just a drop. Observe his poo and eating pattern for the next few hours, if you see anything strange no matter how slight hospital straight. I suggest next time, you take the vitamin d supplements yourself, he'll get it in the milk.

But you are not a bad mother. And you're not a failure

Thanks so much this means a lot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
blackFTM:

Thank you so much I have learnt it gan ni o...no more trying to induce vomit again. About the vitamin D. It was recommended to me by a midwife in the UK

"Midwife in UK" is the operative sentence. I was prescribed it in the US. Remember, they eat salads and are vegan, you eat meat twice today (and sometimes more than one piece of meat). Ask an experienced Dr.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 4:22pm On Jul 29, 2017
Itissettled3:

I
BLACKFTM
IS
NOT
A
BAD
MOTHER.

Thanks so much for your reply...thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
I want to thank every mother that responded, you guys are super. Na wa o.....I almost fainted, in fact I test the olbas oil to feel how my baby is feeling (na confusion make me do am o) and it has a terrible tests. Now I know better not to induce vomit again. We are always learning.....after all I am a good mother.

He has been playing, his poo is good and feeding normal.

Well, today is my birthday, I just had the courage to go out with him.

Thanks mamas.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.