Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,790 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4395632 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 6:58am On Mar 03, 2013
Good morning to every one in the house, how are you babies doing Pls my baby (10months) old his having serious stuffy nose and its making him feel uncomfortable.... What can i get for him to solve this wahala God bless you all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 11:10am On Mar 03, 2013
Ayobarmy, have you tried silverbird? It is a eucalyptic oil, comes in a blue pack with a bird on it. I can attest to its effectiveness. I usually drop a full cap into baby's bathing water then depending on how serious the stuffed nose is you can drop a drop or two on the crown of baby's head.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dominique(f): 11:24am On Mar 03, 2013
maran1983: Ayobarmy, have you tried silverbird? It is a eucalyptic oil, comes in a blue pack with a bird on it. I can attest to its effectiveness. I usually drop a full cap into baby's bathing water then depending on how serious the stuffed nose is you can drop a drop or two on the crown of baby's head.

Hmm, the same silverbird oil my MIL says can peel the baby's kin if applied directly. I knew that can't be possible cos I've tried it on my skin and it didn't sting. We only added a few drops to the baby oil, I can barely percieve it in the oil sef. My one month also developed a cold yesterday and it was dsitressful watching her breath with difficulty last night. I'll add the oil to her bath water too. Thanks for the info.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lullabi: 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2013
happy sunday all, my baby justt recovered from malaria and jedi jedi-- lost so much weight and had green poo for two weeks, no appetite, night fever. hospitals recommended all kinds of anti-biotics which didnt work until a midwife told me to use microstatin and flagyl, she got better in 2 days. thank God oooo. i cried alot becos i didnt even have the time to really be with her due to work. no be small thing to take care of babies o

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 4:25pm On Mar 03, 2013
Hi domniq, how is ur gift doing? Thanks for the info, how about giving him lucozade, bcuz he has refused to eat&suck since yesterday....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2013
@ayobarmy. Permit M̶̲̅ε̲̣ to answer ur question though it was meant for dominique smiley

Lucozade is not appropriate for infants, even ribena is not recommended for kids under 3( na oyibo talk am Oº°˚˚˚°º,M̶̲̅ε̲̣ av been givin ma 22mnth since he was lyk 10 months old :p). Rather than giving him boost, you can dissolve about I tea spoon of glucose in his water for energy.

Have you tried giving him vitamin b complex syrup, it helps boost appetite.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 6:15pm On Mar 03, 2013
Thanks kenny,... Let me say this, to all mums in the house, this is a general thread where evey mum seek solution to watever it is that is bothering them about there kids, so every body is free to profer neccesary solution to any prob as far as you are sure what you are talking about, bcuz We are 1 BIG family in here so pls lets keep it that way..... May God protect and guide our kids for us all IJN(ameen).......... Though i have not try the vb comlex, but i will try and get the glucose as soon as am tru with this Arsena match...... Thanks all and God bless....

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 11:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
Men and football sha, sori dem spurs boyz beat u Oº°˚˚˚°º tell ur boss to buy better players
tongue

@ all. My 7wk old gal's tongue is rily white.I don't want to use glycerine. Av tried uson cotton wool in water, it didn't really clear it, also tried with a little salt, same thing.
An elderly person suggested I dissolve a little alum in water, but am a little hesitant to do it cos I know aluminium is a heavy metal dat cannot be broken down or excreted by the body. Has this worked for anyone before. Any solutions for clearing the tongue?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 5:07am On Mar 04, 2013
Kenny!!! I am not a gunner, but a united fan,.... Arsenal is only meant for the ladies.... As for ur baby's tongue keep using warm water+little salt+cotton wool, like everyday bcuz thats is what we use for my guy here....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 7:38am On Mar 04, 2013
dominique:

Hmm, the same silverbird oil my MIL says can peel the baby's kin if applied directly. I knew that can't be possible cos I've tried it on my skin and it didn't sting. We only added a few drops to the baby oil, I can barely percieve it in the oil sef. My one month also developed a cold yesterday and it was dsitressful watching her breath with difficulty last night. I'll add the oil to her bath water too. Thanks for the info.
Lol, I don't know why people have this wrong notion about silverbird. For my 1st baby my MIL also tried dissuading me too but I went ahead and used it because I had experience with it. Hope your baby's health improves, all the best.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 8:23am On Mar 04, 2013
ayobarmy: Kenny!!! I am not a gunner, but a united fan,.... Arsenal is only meant for the ladies.... As for ur baby's tongue keep using warm water+little salt+cotton wool, like everyday bcuz thats is what we use for my guy here....
˚☺k° Oº°˚˚˚°º , my bad. Can't imagine a non arsenal fan sitting to watch their match, oh well...grin

Thanks a lot, would continue wit d warm water and salt. Was discouraged when I didn't notice much difference d first tym I tried it.
Wishing evryone a nice week ahead
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 9:18am On Mar 04, 2013
Thanks lullaby n Omogemi, will try the wiping too. The rashes has extented to his ears and neck and we're beginning to think he's reacting to something. Have booked to see a Ped on saturday.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 9:52am On Mar 04, 2013
maran1983: Ayobarmy, have you tried silverbird? It is a eucalyptic oil, comes in a blue pack with a bird on it. I can attest to its effectiveness. I usually drop a full cap into baby's bathing water then depending on how serious the stuffed nose is you can drop a drop or two on the crown of baby's head.

It is written on the pack that you should not put it directly on baby's skin. A baby's skin is more delicate than an adult's own. Instead, soak a big ball of cotton wool in it and put it near your baby's nose so that he can inhale it. Be mindful of it touching his skin.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 10:43am On Mar 04, 2013
My mum told me to get original olive oil, with a drop of silverbird and apply on his head...... Has any1 ever tried this??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by agiboma(f): 10:55am On Mar 04, 2013
Ill be joining you people in a few weeks ooo

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 1:29pm On Mar 04, 2013
Ayobarmy, I usually empty about half a bottle of silverbird into a full bottle of her hair oil.
Agiboma, we are anxiously awaiting you and your LO.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 3:05pm On Mar 04, 2013
My mum did this olive oil n silverbird thing for my babies hair right from birth and that is what they still rob on their hair after bathing. I didn't even know its meant for cold till I read it here. I just didn't want to argue when she and my aunties were mixing all the concoctions. I'll say it worked cos we'v not caught cold yet.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sweettweet: 3:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
lullabi: happy sunday all, my baby justt recovered from malaria and jedi jedi-- lost so much weight and had green poo for two weeks, no appetite, night fever. hospitals recommended all kinds of anti-biotics which didnt work until a midwife told me to use microstatin and flagyl, she got better in 2 days. thank God oooo. i cried alot becos i didnt even have the time to really be with her due to work. no be small thing to take care of babies o

my dear, God is ur strength. tis not easy combining motherhood with career. Just keep making sure baby's in safe hands.
@ agiboma, May God make ur delivery an easy one. We will be waiting for u and ur LO.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 6:06pm On Mar 04, 2013
Hi Agiboma, longest time, where in the world have you been? I cant wait to have you on this thread
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dudugirl01(f): 6:41pm On Mar 04, 2013
Hello Mommies and Daddies, how are we all doing? And how are our little princes and princesses doing? I have been a silent observer on this thread for a long time, been too busy with my 10 star General,lol, anyways, for 3 days now, she's been running a fever, no appetite, and then yesterday, she started stooling, I took her to the clinic on saturday, she was given lokmal, paracetamo,auglocef and vamivite, that hasn't improved her appetite, the only thing she seems able to keep down is b.milk! Help ooo,what do I do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by agiboma(f): 1:02am On Mar 05, 2013
ayobarmy: Hi Agiboma, longest time, where in the world have you been? I cant wait to have you on this thread

Its been a long time indeed, Im back in my homeland Canada, preparing for the birth of my LO in the next 3 weeks, will return to Nigeria in a few more months. Last time you where in PH, i hope you still there when we get back i can invite your family to the party will have for the kids!!! wink wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 7:05am On Mar 05, 2013
Yes agi, I am still very much in ph I wish you a safe delievery and a safe journey back home IJN (ameen)......

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jiro(f): 7:06am On Mar 05, 2013
Good morning to all the mummies and daddies here may God continue. To keep our LO well and happy for us. I'm a first time mum and my cute President is 18wks from birth I've been using coconut oil on his skin and hair alongside the chicco baby range. Last week I noticed he developed a rash on his forehead along with what appears to look like a burn on his neck and very dry scaly skin on his shoulders. next thing a boil appeared on his forehead I took him to the peads and he said that the rash is heat rashes and it got infected so that resulted in the boil and that the burns and dry skin could be a fungal infection he gave be funbact-of to rub on the affected areas the rash and the burns alongside the boil has gone a week later but the skin is still dry and scaly on his shoulder. I'm wondering. If this could be a reaction to the chicco as this set I bought is from there new lovely moments collection they said the old line I was using has been phased out. I've also been on ebf although I express and give him from the bottle at night and anytime we are out. My problem Now is that I want to start work on the 18th of this month and I don't know how to handle The transition. I think he isn't getting satisfied. From the breast milk alone. As he hasn't gained. Much weight btwn the third month and this fourth month at birth he weighed in @ 2.7 and at 3months 6kg now he weighs 6.7 I expected. Him to gain a kg every month now that I'll be atwork I feel he won't be eating enough but I don't want to introduce formula. Can I start him on solids?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 12:35pm On Mar 05, 2013
Jiro, I'm surprised you do not want to start your baby on formula but have no qualms starting him on solids @ 3 months!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by revelation2013(m): 1:11pm On Mar 05, 2013
Sucking of breast stimulate milk secretn/prolactin reflex which promotes milk productn. Also by oxytocin reflex,milk flows out 4rm d glands into d lactiferous sinuses nd ducts nd then to d baby's mouth. If dis hormones re low in mothers,it can cause low milk productn
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by revelation2013(m): 1:25pm On Mar 05, 2013
Jiro, am surprised dat ur baby is not gaining weight with ebf, exclusive breast feedn 4 six mnths is d best nd makes d baby fat nd plumpy, average weight gain of 18 - 30 gram per day. Maybe d u re nt follown d normal techniques of bf nd d baby is not havn enough milk. U can change ur style
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jiro(f): 9:58pm On Mar 05, 2013
@maran my baby isn't 3months he is 4months and two weeks. And yes I would rather Continue with breastmilk and introduce solid to supplement the milk.@revelation he has been gaining weight at birth he weighed 2.7 a month later 3.3 at 2 months he weighed 4.9 @11wks he weighed 5.9kg @3months 6.3 and @4months 6.7 what I'm worried about is that within the 3-4month period he didn't gain much weight. Is that normal? And can I introduce solids in a few wks time. My elder sister had her son on ebf and he is now 4yrs and still refuses to eat. I have noticed this with some other ebf babies.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by princebimby: 5:58am On Mar 06, 2013
What an interesting aηδ educative thread I must commend.I'm a ftm with two adorable princesses(twins).they r 3mths nw nd iv been doing partial bf.they were born preterw cos they cme 5weeks bfor my edd.want to knw wen I cn introduce homemade foods to dem aηδ which wil b d best for a start.thnk U̶̲̥̅̊ house.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by revelation2013(m): 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2013
Jiro, A child of 4 yrs can take vitamin bcomplex 2 improve his appetite, u can start ur child on semisolids nd lets see how it works though u can also use vit b complex syrup 4 ur baby too. Gd luck
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 07, 2013
Please help. My 3 weeks old baby girl has this rash on her buttocks side. What can be done please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.