Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1742) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4399258 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) (1745) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 8:39pm On May 24, 2018
ademide0710:
Mummies in the house, pls help my daughter has serious Gas pain. What can I use to cure it. Thank you!

Give tummy time by placing her on her tummy a couple of times during the day. Circle her legs in a bicycle motion whilst on get back, gentle rub her tummy, burp her after each feed, carry her on your shoulder with her tummy pressed on your shoulder. Then endure till she's 3-4 months old when she'll outgrow it. Good luck.

my dear, we r in dis togeda,, i first bought gripe water den my sil said nospamin which i bought, i was given him with caution bur no significant improvement so i went to d hospital yesterday to complain, nd told d doctor what i was guven as recommended by my mil,, she said, baby doesnt need all of dat cos dey rilli dont do anything to stop d pain, its a natural phase nd dry eill out grow it,, she even said some babies were admitted cos dey reacted to nospamin nd gripe water contains alcohol,, so i hv packed up d 2drugs,, nd i believe soon baby will outgrow d pain... i advice u leave ur baby..

There are still many more. You can use the search button using gas pain/colic in babies as the keyword.

cheers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ademide0710: 8:47pm On May 24, 2018
JGracious:

There are still many more. You can use the search button using gas pain/colic in babies as the keyword.

cheers

Thank so much Sis
I'm happy to part of this great Family
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 9:15pm On May 24, 2018
iwuoahsamuels:
Hello family
I’d be delivering in few weeks and would like to know how to get back my good tummy size after delivery.
Not myths pls-Pls suggest tips and tricks that worked for you. I heard the old tale of hot water massage gives tummy wrinkles? Who testified to this? I’m a disciplined eater and can do a few exercises but need to know what has worked for you Mums to get back in shape.
Thank you

I did body tolerance water massage, nobody used hot water for me abi I resemble chicken. I wore girdle in the morning/afternoon and tied wrapper in the night. I also did some tummy work out the pics below, I didn't do no.6

6 Likes 11 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:43pm On May 24, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

Finger foods!
Give him food he can feed himself.
Basically anything you can cut up into toddler hand held sizes and and is soft enough that he will be able to chew or get squashed by their gums.

- Boiled carrot pieces.
- Chunky potato chips or wedges.
- Bread or toast cut into strips.
- Biscuits and cookies,
- Cheese puffs or All Those flavoured puffs fro babies
- Yam - boiled for even fried.
- Dodo
- Boils plantain - firm ripe ones.
- Boiled eggs - quartered.
- sliced fried eggs
- Hoops (cereal)
- Fish fingers
- Chicken nuggets
-Puff puff. - do not underestimate the power of hot puff puff! (Alphababy has been struggling puff puff with me at parties since 9 months even me i shock!)
- Sliced banana.
- Sliced pancakes
- Sliced mango pieces
- Sliced apples
- Sliced or diced avocado pieces.
- Tangerines slices - remove the seeds
- Watermelon slices - remove the seeds
- Sliced paw-paw - although be careful with this as paw paw seems to make some people poop!
- Corn on the cob - don't worry he will eat it like say na rat chop am, and you will vex small that he wasted your sweet corn. grin
- Chicken wings or drumsticks - He is an African child, inside inside he is a meat lover! For wings remove the tips and divide the other parts at the joint.

This will help him understand there are more textures and flavours to explore. Gradually you will see changes.

Do not be scared of the mess, because that is one of the things what makes us hesitate to introduce self fed foods to our babies.

Also offer him from what you are eating as long as it is not too spicy. Let him sit that the table with you and dad at least once a day probably at dinner time. Even if he has eaten, put a plate with some snacks for him or a bit of what you are eating, offer him spoon sef.
Afterwards everybody will go and baff! grin grin grin

Finally always make sure he is supervised when eating.

All the best.

In the case of letting kids feed themselves, I've been struggling with one thing in my house
My son will collect anything from you but give him things like finger foods, he won't take it. He will look at you and retreat. But give him a toy or piece of paper to play with, he will take it gladly.

I really want him to at least feed himself bread or biscuit or plantain
How do I tackle this? How do I make him self feed?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ftmum: 8:13am On May 25, 2018
THANK you mamas. Can't begin to mention names. God bless you all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:44am On May 25, 2018
Do you pick and give him? Initially when I wanted to teach my daughter to eat herself, mostly cut-up fruits, fries and chicken, I will place it in a plate and put it on the floor. I will then sit and eat, making yummy sounds, this draws her attention and she then pick and eat like me. Now I don't eat along

But be ready to clean sha cos even hair go follow chop the food.

Try this!
jazzyjazz:

In the case of letting kids feed themselves, I've been struggling with one thing in my house
My son will collect anything from you but give him things like finger foods, he won't take it. He will look at you and retreat. But give him a toy or piece of paper to play with, he will take it gladly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:52am On May 25, 2018
jazzyjazz:

You can't really force it, you just have to keep offering.

Ask him what he wants or if he wants what you are offering, everyone has moods of what they want. If he says yes- give and see if he will take it. If no - don't stress.

I usually tend to put snacks in a bowl with a bottle of milk and drop it on a stool or on the floor, and just let my Dd know it is there. You will be surprised one day he will bring empty plate back to you and ask for more.

Children have a weird sense of what they think is being independent.

Pele this motherhood na trial and error!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:47am On May 25, 2018
Looool same here oh!

Anything unhealthy - keys, biro, paper, straight to mouth
Food - never

jazzyjazz:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eribooboo: 10:31am On May 25, 2018
Put d finger food in his bowl n place it smwer around his play area...u will b surprised dat he will go grab it himself after sometime while playing up n dwn....dats wat I do for my daughter ,if I offer she might not accept but once I place it on d table with her water next to it n i form ignoring her,she goes to it ,pick n chew while playing around

jazzyjazz:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adetunrayo(f): 11:10am On May 25, 2018
[quote author=booqee post=67839607] I saw one inside Oke-agbe Estate not very far from bemil, I can't remember the name and I've never been inside too. So I don't know if its good or bad. I just noticed it and made a mental note to add to the list of creche I would check out when it's time for creche tins.

As soon as you enter the estate gate, walk straight down, it's on the left. It's not far at all from the estate gate. Thank u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:11am On May 25, 2018
eribooboo:
Put d finger food in his bowl n place it smwer around his play area...u will b surprised dat he will go grab it himself after sometime while playing up n dwn....dats wat I do for my daughter ,if I offer she might not accept but once I place it on d table with her water next to it n i form ignoring her,she goes to it ,pick n chew while playing around

I will try this weekend
Thanks ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 12:29pm On May 25, 2018
FloraEC:

I did body tolerance water massage, nobody used hot water for me abi I resemble chicken. I wore girdle in the morning/afternoon and tied wrapper in the night. I also did some tummy work out the pics below, I didn't do no.6
This got me laughing. No be small you resemble chicken. My dear I regretted allowing my mothers to do that to me. Ignorance is a disease, i wish I knew there was other methods then but I discovered it late but I know better now. I thank God that my tummy is better now and it's getting better.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 12:50pm On May 25, 2018
HolySteph:

This got me laughing. No be small you resemble chicken. My dear I regretted allowing my mothers to do that to me. Ignorance is a disease, i wish I knew there was other methods then but I discovered it late but I know better now. I thank God that my tummy is better now and it's getting better.

No mind them. Looking for who to disfigure the tummy. If your hand can't enter the water without you doing aishh, no try put it on me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 1:10pm On May 25, 2018
Naomi14:
Do you pick and give him? Initially when I wanted to teach my daughter to eat herself, mostly cut-up fruits, fries and chicken, I will place it in a plate and put it on the floor. I will then sit and eat, making yummy sounds, this draws her attention and she then pick and eat like me. Now I don't eat along

But be ready to clean sha cos even hair go follow chop the food.

Try this!

babe I no mind cleaning o

as long as he will collect

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 1:11pm On May 25, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

Ask him what he wants or if he wants what you are offering, everyone has moods of what they want. If he says yes- give and see if he will take it. If no - don't stress.

I usually tend to put snacks in a bowl with a bottle of milk and drop it on a stool or on the floor, and just let my Dd know it is there. You will be surprised one day he will bring empty plate back to you and ask for more.

I will keep trying
My son actually wont drink milk or tea or orange juice or any fruit juice or even packaged juice
Its always water.....and then he will start playing with the water anyhow

I will keep trying
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 1:13pm On May 25, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Looool same here oh!

Anything unhealthy - keys, biro, paper, straight to mouth
Food - never

As in eh
Osi and Ilan na the same
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:13pm On May 25, 2018
The wrinkles on the tummy are not due to hot water but are dependent on how much your skin stretched in pregnancy so they may be inevitable
Whatever you will do immediately after birth will greatly depend on the type of birth you had. If you have a CS tying/any type of massage are out, however a good diet and exercises once your body is up to it is the best tip/trick you can get irrespective of the type of birth you have. I've also heard peppersoup with uda helps

iwuoahsamuels:
Hello family
I’d be delivering in few weeks and would like to know how to get back my good tummy size after delivery.
Not myths pls-Pls suggest tips and tricks that worked for you. I heard the old tale of hot water massage gives tummy wrinkles? Who testified to this? I’m a disciplined eater and can do a few exercises but need to know what has worked for you Mums to get back in shape.
Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 1:51pm On May 25, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

Just quoting so I can revisit your posts when we get to that stage grin grin.

I read back that you only give water and milk. What kind of milk pls? Powdered mixed with water? Pls explain.

Also which would u recommend as follow up milk at 6months?

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 1:57pm On May 25, 2018
FloraEC:

No mind them. Looking for who to disfigure the tummy. If your hand can't enter the water without you doing aishh, no try put it on me

Lol. My mama kuku sabi me, don't bring that shiiiit close to me. We did warm water for like 2weeks and that was it. The 2weeks sef na off and on. The only thing I think really works is drinking lots of warm fluid. I drank warn water for 1month plus.

All in all, i think we need to give ourselves time to heal, then start healthy diet, definitely weight will drop. Weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 2:18pm On May 25, 2018
rvpbae:

Lol. My mama kuku sabi me, don't bring that shiiiit close to me. We did warm water for like 2weeks and that was it. The 2weeks sef na off and on. The only thing I think really works is drinking lots of warm fluid. I drank warn water for 1month plus.

All in all, i think we need to give ourselves time to heal, then start healthy diet, definitely weight will drop. Weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise.

I drank ụda water and warm water. Sometimes is the kind of body you have shaa

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Thegoodlife300: 2:31pm On May 25, 2018
Good afternoon moms.

Coconut oil and palm kernel oil, which one is best to use on my newborn? He is 5days old and there's heat rashes on his face.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bookholla(f): 3:03pm On May 25, 2018
Good day Mothers.
TGIF wink cheesy ...
It's weekend again ....time for general clean up,
Do u have to work this weekend? Or u simply need to take a rest?
Call me on 07011286140 to fix an appointment to do the job.
I offer cleaning services for a fee,
Will be expecting ur call or texts. ..
Have a nice weekend .

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 4:52pm On May 25, 2018
jazzyjazz:

I will keep trying
My son actually wont drink milk or tea or orange juice or any fruit juice or even packaged juice
Its always water.....and then he will start playing with the water anyhow

I will keep trying

This is my daughter... she doesn’t like tea nor milk but package juice I try to pour it inside her water cup and she take it with smile.

As for finger food, find a flat fancy plate and put fried plantain in it. Put it in his play mat and you won’t know when he will finish it. Also,try and be giving him slice bread.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lightedpath(f): 5:02pm On May 25, 2018
Thegoodlife300:
Good afternoon moms.

Coconut oil and palm kernel oil, which one is best to use on my newborn? He is 5days old and there's heat rashes on his face.
Either is ok as long as you know the source or made it yourself. Leave the face out, doesnt need oil. The rashes will go with time

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:03pm On May 25, 2018
rvpbae:

Just quoting so I can revisit your posts when we get to that stage grin grin.

I read back that you only give water and milk. What kind of milk pls? Powdered mixed with water? Pls explain.

Also which would u recommend as follow up milk at 6months?

Thanks

Follow on milk aka formular from 6 months.
I introduced aptamil at 7 months up till them it was breast milk. the follow on milk is usually tagged as a number 2 or stage 2. So which ever brand you get, be it Aptamil, SMA, Enfamil, Similac, NAN, or other will have a 2 somewhere on the pack.

You can make your choice based on budget and how your baby tolerates it. Different people have different experiences so don't buy a carton to start with especially if your baby has been EBF since birth.

From 1 yrs
There are some stage 3 milks for toddlers but all you really need is Normal whole / full cream milk from 1 yr old. This is because at that age, milk should no longer be your child's main source of nutrition as they should be eating a reasonable amount of varied solid food.

These are also more expensive than your normal can of milk, as they are fortified with a whole range of vitamins and minerals however it may be cheaper to get a separate toddler multivitamin syrup and use your normal milk when your baby turns one. That way you don't have to be buying separate milk for different people in the house.

I typically use Nido, I just upped the can size. But mamas will suggest other full cream powdered variety. As I understand there is a filled cream option which is different from the full cream milk.

Me, I can never find NL posts when I want to. not sure what I am not doing right , so have stopped sharing oh jare,! grin I just copy the post and save on my notepad on my phone.

3 Likes 11 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:13pm On May 25, 2018
Akorkor:

This is my daughter... she doesn’t like tea nor milk but package juice I try to pour it inside her water cup and she take it with smile.

As for finger food, find a flat fancy plate and put fried plantain in it. Put it in his play mat and you won’t know when he will finish it. .

These children! After all the "No, I don't want!" The next thing na empty plate....

Me: "what happened to it?"

DD: "All gone"

Me: To where?

DD: "In my tummy!"

As if say na magic e take happen!
So what was the point in the initial shakara?

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:19pm On May 25, 2018
iwuoahsamuels:
Hello family
Thank you

Personally I believe how you take care of your skin during pregnancy will affect your recovery. Ensure at these late stages where tummy size can increase dramatically in just a week or even a few days that you moisturize religiously, and keep the skin supple. as moisturizing helps the elasticity and collagen production. Shea butter, and raw cocoa butter mixed with coconut oil was my staple body cream for belly, boobs and bum at least twice a day and any time my belly felt itchy.

As another mama has mentioned how you give birth will also determine what you can and can't do.

Some people swear by belts and tying. For some it is doesn't do anything in terms of actual tummy reduction. just as body magic or spanx will make one look like a gazelle when you wear it, once you take it off, the orangutan inside will reveal itself gloriously. That is my personal take on it though Others will chook mouth and disagree I am sure. There is also a huge market for post partum belts so there may be so truth to it, but I am a long way from getting sold on this one.

Some people swear by hot water massage. I can see some benefits to it but it is the plucking chicken level of hotness I can't understand. That is just too much torture for me. A warm water tummy massage helped me with soreness for the first few days. But I was to lazy to continue. I resorted to using a hot water bottle on my tummy instead. That way you can increase the number of towels or wrappers you use when it is still very scalding hot. That was my own oyinbo rendition.

Breast feeding helps in the contraction of the uterus and it does seem to help reduce the tummy size
Since you are a disciplined eater it should also help that you are not loading up on unhealthy fatty foods, however, breast feeding takes a lot from you So no diets per say if doing exclusive or you can pass out!

Exercises also help to tone the muscles, when you start and what you can do will be determined by the method with which you give birth.

Finally genetics play a major role as well. So that needs to be factored in. If you are predisposed to storing belly fat ( I.e if when you gain weight usually, your tummy is the first place to increase), or have loose skin ( not sure this is the right description but some people although not fat their skin tend to be very soft and jiggles - I.e no muscle tone or firmness ) it may be harder to snap back to pre-pregnancy belly.

Looking forward to formally welcoming you to the thread when baby arrives.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 6:25pm On May 25, 2018
Good evening mama's..
Please does anyone know how I can get powdered food flavors(vanilla,strawberry, etc) .. like making powdered custard & wanting to add ur flavor to it.. please where is it being sold?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 6:34pm On May 25, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

These children! After all the "No, I don't want!" The next thing na empty plate....

Me: "what happened to it?"

DD: "All gone"

Me: To where?

DD: "In my tummy!"

As if say na magic e take happen!
So what was the point in the initial shakara?

grin grin grin grin

grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 7:19pm On May 25, 2018
Lilliesbud12:
Good evening mama's..
Please does anyone know how I can get powdered food flavors(vanilla,strawberry, etc) .. like making powdered custard & wanting to add ur flavor to it.. please where is it being sold?

Check with traders in the baking supplies section at any major market around you.
If you are in Lagos and you need in large quantity, the wholesalers are at Ojota.

Cheers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 8:00pm On May 25, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

Follow on milk aka formular from 6 months.
I introduced aptamil at 7 months up till them it was breast milk. the follow on milk is usually tagged as a number 2 or stage 2. So which ever brand you get, be it Aptamil, SMA, Enfamil, Similac, NAN, or other will have a 2 somewhere on the pack.

You can make your choice based on budget and how your baby tolerates it. Different people have different experiences so don't buy a carton to start with especially if your baby has been EBF since birth.

From 1 yrs
There are some stage 3 milks for toddlers but all you really need is Normal whole / full cream milk from 1 yr old. This is because at that age, milk should no longer be your child's main source of nutrition as they should be eating a reasonable amount of varied solid food.

These are also more expensive than your normal can of milk, as they are fortified with a whole range of vitamins and minerals however it may be cheaper to get a separate toddler multivitamin syrup and use your normal milk when your baby turns one. That way you don't have to be buying separate milk for different people in the house.

I typically use Nido, I just upped the can size. But mamas will suggest other full cream powdered variety. As I understand there is a filled cream option which is different from the full cream milk.

Me, I can never find NL posts when I want to. not sure what I am not doing right , so have stopped sharing oh jare,! grin I just copy the post and save on my notepad on my phone.

Thank you for this. I truly appreciate. The problem with saving on my notepad is that sometimes I unknowingly delete them. Also I change phones quite often.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 8:06pm On May 25, 2018
New stock alerrrrt

Our newly shipped in goods,from baby knee pad,to baby skeeter socks,to baby mosquito repellent hand band,to baby car seat,to children quadbikes,all at a very affordable price. Order yours while stock last.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) (1745) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.