Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1741) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400117 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:54am On May 24, 2018
queensnow:

Iya ibeji my pikin never start creche oo and he never start to dey chop better food just powder and puree grin I envy all of una wey una pikin don dey chop rice oo1
You too Iya Ibeji tongue
How old is he now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:54am On May 24, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

Abeg which one be plenty oil again! lol!

Thanks Ma'am. Glad you find them useful.

ur head get oil means U r a correct person a.k.a ur head dey there grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:58am On May 24, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

As JGracious said, that lunch box may not be ideal. Bread and okra with pineapple is not a great combo.

I would suggest using individual bowls or flasks for each meal. And even labeled sef That way it is also a bit idiot proof. You can then pop all into a bigger insulated bag.

At that age we were doing 4 -5 meals a day, still on a similar routine now as well.

Breakfast : keep it simple - cereal of your choice, you can dry mix with powdered milk and they add water when they want to give her. Just be varying it. Also remember that they can now take normal adult cereals. A few are: rice cripsies, weetabix, shredies, normal cornflakes( crush to make the pieces smaller) hoops and Quaker oats.

Mid morning snack : one or two of maybe some fruit bread slices, or mini sandwiches, boiled egg, vegetable pieces like boiled carrot sticks, cucumber slices, quarter or half and avocado ( depending on size - cut in half and rub the exposed edges with lemon juice to stop discoloration then wrap in cling film), quarter to half a cob of boiled corn ( depending on the size)

Lunch : this can be anything usually a hot or warm meal such as: rice, potatoes, plantain (boiled or fried), pasta and sauce in all forms, yam, swallow and soup, moin-moin and pap, sausages, meatballs, fish fingers, chicken nuggets.

Afternoon snack : similar to the morning snack with a different selection of fruit from the morning. , or even things like sausage rolls, or meat pies, muffins, cupcakes( no icing) can be included. Especially if you make them yourself then you can adjust the sugar, salt and fat contents.

Dinner : usually when you get home. Just work around what you are making for the adults to keep it simple.

For fruits please remember to prepare at home and cut to the appropriate size where possible especially for grapes and the like..... as I said before, idiot proof as much as possible.

Cereals like hoops are great as snacks as well well as the chicken nuggets and fish fingers.

For drinks I only gave water or milk. You may also vary with the tiniest bit of milo or the like to just change the milk taste and colour, but NO juice or juice drinks.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot for all the detail. I already have two good food flasks, the one I want to buy would be for snacks, so I won't be putting Okro inside cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:02am On May 24, 2018
JGracious:

The pic of the lunch box you posted will only be ideal for snacks in my opinion. What if the food bag or bowl itself tips,all the foods will now get mixed together.

I use nuby bowls with cover. It comes as 4pcs in a pack.

3"sure banker"foods are pap, apple puree and boiled plantain

The other meal is varied (either basmati rice with stew/ boiled fish/fried egg with carrots /sweet potato porridge).

For snacks, we do banana or 1 slice bread or biscuit

He still takes milk too so we go with 3bottles of 120ml milk.

Do take care

Thanks, these nubs flasks sound interesting I'd check them out cuz mines are getting old.
The partitioned flasks would be for snacks, some of which I'd like to keep warm. My apple purees always turn a scary dark red colour after about an hour, how do you prevent that please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:06am On May 24, 2018
hunniesuzie:
He still eats at 4 hour intervals. He eats 3 times at creche - 1 "adult food" (rice/potatoes/bread and tea/amala/semo etc) then cereal/AS makes up the rest. I also pack 1 snack (ribena and cheese balls/a fruit snack) he doesn't eat biscuits so I don't bother with that anymore

This is exactly what I'm doing for Giddybaby right now, was thinking maybe it's time to add something new
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:08am On May 24, 2018
jazzyjazz:

I pack pap, Tom brown, a local cereal called kunun tamba, Quaker oats, nutribom cereals

Here's how I do it
I have 2 flasks
One small one (double compartment) (I remove the upper compartment) is dedicated to the cereal. I fill it up and mix with milk (the cereal is so that if I'm late for pick up he will still have what to eat)
Then a bigger flask with 2 compartments,i rotate his food
I put Quaker oats, the nutribom cereal,and sometimes I add Semo and Okro soup.
Another day Tom Brown, cereal
Or kunun tamba, cereal

But the cereal is constant
I also have a small storage container that I put only milk (for his pap and others)

Every now and then I put rice and stew (which he only eats once in a blue moon)

Hope this helps
Since he loves bread, I sometimes put 2 slices of bread as a snack
I also put biscuits sometimes
Ok this is also kinda similar to ours, thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:38am On May 24, 2018
enque:

ur head get oil means U r a correct person a.k.a ur head dey there grin grin

Really! I don learn new slang!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 12:01pm On May 24, 2018
Graciouscharis:

This one is an infection ooo. Naija hospitals are not hygienic enough that’s why they give antibiotics after delivery to prevent infections from all the touch and insertions during delivery.
Sometimes the drug won’t prevent nothing especially if you don’t take it religiously or you just need a stronger version of it.
Hmm, I don't want to remember the bolded again, but it kept ringing in my brain.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 12:04pm On May 24, 2018
Graciouscharis:

If it’s like menstrual cramp, then it’s your womb that is shrinking but if it’s like normal pain that you feel from your navel down (maybe you feel the pain when you touch your tummy) then it is an infection. You need to see your doctor to prescribe an antibiotics for you.

Please don’t self medicate oo because of your baby.
In fact, I felt pain whenever I mistakenly touch my belly that particular day. I was so restless that I couldn't carry my son that day. But I hope stress after delivery doesn't contribute to this?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adetunrayo(f): 12:24pm On May 24, 2018
Hi wonderful mums, pls I need suggestion for a good creche around ojodu Berger, Bemil road side.My baby is 3 months. Thank u.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 12:24pm On May 24, 2018
Giddyperson:
Thanks, these nubs flasks sound interesting I'd check them out cuz mines are getting old.
The partitioned flasks would be for snacks, some of which I'd like to keep warm. My apple purees always turn a scary dark red colour after about an hour, how do you prevent that please.

do you cook the apples whilst puree-ing? A squeeze of lemon to the cooked apple puree should help stabilize it.

I know for raw apples you can rub with citrus juice -typically lemon or limes to stop oxidisation. , but i tend to use orange juice for raw apples for babies. purely for the taste.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 1:42pm On May 24, 2018
Giddyperson:

Dont you think if you keep all the snacks together, the warm ones will affect the cold ones as in making them sweat or go soft.
Some of your snacks will work well with a ziploc bag e.g. bread

As per the pureed apple turning brownish/reddish, its nothing to worry about. Its called an oxidation process.
If it were to be an adult, I will recommend adding a dash of lemon juice to keep its natural color for a longer time.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 24, 2018
adetunrayo:
Hi wonderful mums, pls I need suggestion for a good creche around ojodu Berger, Bemil road side.My baby is 3 months. Thank u.
I saw one inside Oke-agbe Estate not very far from bemil, I can't remember the name and I've never been inside too. So I don't know if its good or bad. I just noticed it and made a mental note to add to the list of creche I would check out when it's time for creche tins.

As soon as you enter the estate gate, walk straight down, it's on the left. It's not far at all from the estate gate.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 24, 2018
Btw, is it weird that my baby cries or fuss every time me and hubby wanna do the do. Like every damn time lol... Even when she's sleeping too.. She will wake and start fussing. Yesterday was probably the first time that she didn't do it despite been awake lol.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDG: 2:14pm On May 24, 2018
Good day mothers, please click the link below and like my baby's picture to enable him win in the Children's day contest. Thanks ma.

https://www.facebook.com/hisdayspring/photos/gm.1651910124844631/1778456718913778/
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 24, 2018
@Jazzyjazz, @Hunniesuzzie, @JGracious, @Mydreams25, @AlphaHandMaiden, @Zaynie, @Akorkor, @Enque and all mamas, thanks for the tips. I really gained from all the posts.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 24, 2018
All the mamas on this thread are the real MVPs. God bless all mothers and mothers to be.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Misi16: 2:43pm On May 24, 2018
Giddyperson:

Thanks, my baby loves bread too, tho she doesn't really like tea so I don't do bread and tea for creche. I've checked that lushluxury page, they have exactly what I'm looking for.

U could make French toast, cut bread into bite size, dip in egg(don't make it soggy, drain off excess, and fry in little butter, or oil. My son loves this. It's easy to eat

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 2:46pm On May 24, 2018
Gr8fulHeart:

Congrts giddyperson. Pele on d ms. See my former teemies o. Back to back. And ahnie too. Sansa143 u don join too? Mydreams25 nko. Coman join d wagon o. shocked grin
Me I'm cheering from one corner. On sabbatical for a long long time. My children's wantu coman turn my hair to gray and my voice hoarse with shout. Imagine sending my 3years daughter on errand. I haff to explain why I sent her in d first place and I must not shout if she does not do in on time and I must add please. Inukwa. God go epp us train our kids and provide for them.
Oh am just seeing this, join Ginni? Am on a long sabbatical as you and am sure mine is longer than yours .Baby has started creche so have started enjoying the rhythm. Everyday I dream of when my children will be old and abit independent so I can't deal with another newborn care now abeg. Moreover I wanna slay well and achieve a lot before another childcare. How are your children? Stop shouting at them its there stage,take care

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Misi16: 2:47pm On May 24, 2018
booqee:
Btw, is it weird that my baby cries or fuss every time me and hubby wanna do the do. Like every damn time lol... Even when she's sleeping too.. She will wake and start fussing. Yesterday was probably the first time that she didn't do it despite been awake lol.
Welcome to the ds/dd natural birth control club grin tongue
Abeg let me know when you solve this challenge
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 3:22pm On May 24, 2018
4-Person Camping Tent Now available @only 12K. 09055927540.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 3:58pm On May 24, 2018
Mamas
Forgive me for derailing the thread
Biko support my little hustle
I make braided wig (any kind)
As seen below
Price is 10k
You can also tell what you want and I'll get it done asap (type, colour, length)
Interested pple should send a PM or quote this post and I'll PM you grin ( nothing like I don't know how to send PM cheesy
Distance is not a barrier, we will work something out kiss
box braid is also available
Tanku kiss

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 4:21pm On May 24, 2018
Misi16:

Welcome to the ds/dd natural birth control club grin tongue
Abeg let me know when you solve this challenge

I'm waiting for solution too pls cc me when you find out. Dh is even scared to touch me now cos my son must cry.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 4:22pm On May 24, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

Abeg which one be plenty oil again! lol!
Thanks Ma'am. Glad you find them useful.
I see enque has answered you. Your head correct wella.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 4:34pm On May 24, 2018
Nimi22:

I'm waiting for solution too pls cc me when you find out. Dh is even scared to touch me now cos my son must cry.

cheesy cheesy
They are all The Same
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 4:45pm On May 24, 2018
booqee:

Natural family planning cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 6:30pm On May 24, 2018
Awesomemama:
Mamas
Forgive me for derailing the thread
Biko support my little hustle
I make braided wig (any kind)
As seen below
Price is 10k
You can also tell what you want and I'll get it done asap (type, colour, length)
Interested pple should send a PM or quote this post and I'll PM you grin ( nothing like I don't know how to send PM cheesy
Distance is not a barrier, we will work something out kiss
box braid is also available
Tanku kiss

Please how else can I upload picture?
It's not loading
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DocAdray(f): 7:35pm On May 24, 2018
@ FloraEC, happy birthday to your princess. She's blessed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ademide0710: 7:36pm On May 24, 2018
Mummies in the house, pls help my daughter has serious Gas pain. What can I use to cure it. Thank you!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DocAdray(f): 7:49pm On May 24, 2018
iwuoahsamuels:
Hello family
I’d be delivering in few weeks and would like to know how to get back my good tummy size after delivery.
Not myths pls-Pls suggest tips and tricks that worked for you. I heard the old tale of hot water massage gives tummy wrinkles? Who testified to this? I’m a disciplined eater and can do a few exercises but need to know what has worked for you Mums to get back in shape.
Thank you

I'm almost 14 weeks postpartum, my tummy is not as flat as it was before pregnancy, but I've been able to achieve some measure of flatness so far by:
-tying my tummy consistently (these days I tie mostly at night, I wear a girdle during the day).
-making effort to lose some baby fat (I reduced excessive consumption of sugary stuff and carbohydrates).
-drinking a traditional Igbo herb called 'Aju Mbaise'.
-exercise: I do mild sit-ups and crunches every other day.
-someone said consumption of lime, also Apple Cider Vinegar helped her, another said taking Fenugreek did.

For some retaining a flat tummy after birth is hereditary with little or no effort.
And for a tummy getting wrinkled due to hot water massage, it could be true. My tummy is slightly wrinkled, my tummy was massaged with hot water for about 2 weeks after childbirth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 8:14pm On May 24, 2018
DocAdray:
@ FloraEC, happy birthday to your princess. She's blessed.

Thanks dear, grateful

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 8:30pm On May 24, 2018
ademide0710:
Mummies in the house, pls help my daughter has serious Gas pain. What can I use to cure it. Thank you!

Patience is the name of the cure o.

In the meantime, give her a gentle tommy massage to ease the pains. Check youtube for videos.

Some mothers swear by infacol, gripe water etc but it didnt work for us.

You can also watch what you eat such as reducing your dairy intake,beans.gassy foods generally.

Lemme look for more posts where this issue has been dealt with.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.