Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1739) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4399266 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omohpearl02: 11:42am On May 23, 2018
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 11:53am On May 23, 2018
GlitteringStar:

My sister, I dey ooo. How is my Olamide doing? I've really missed @Helovesme too. I hope she is doing great...
Olamide is going great. Sending his regards to his brother over there.

I believe she is doing great. I missed her lectures/write ups.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:57am On May 23, 2018
Then it may be the drug

lululuv:

Yes, like blisters, I don't think we have no dermatologist here Govt hospitals are on strike, and the pead we met today prescribed antibiotics after I told him we just finished one and I don't want to give him again.

hunniesu.zie, they said is not measles nd I just got that para, we use neurofen b4 nau
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 12:21pm On May 23, 2018
lululuv:

Yes, like blisters, I don't think we have no dermatologist here Govt hospitals are on strike, and the pead we met today prescribed antibiotics after I told him we just finished one and I don't want to give him again.

hunniesuzie, they said is not measles nd I just got that para, we use neurofen b4 nau

Antibiotics will clear it up. (As long as there are no other symptoms like recurring fever etc). My problem is, I can't remember the name of our which we were given. Ask your paed if he knows a dermatologist he can send you to. Because I don't recall if broad-spectrum antibiotics will clear it up and no doctor will give me that answer (they'll ask that you go to the hospital instead). Drop where you're based, maybe someone may know a derm around you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 12:44pm On May 23, 2018
gwng:
Call 09055927540 or Whatsapp: 07066697724 to place your orders

Gadgets for your Kids

Rubik Cube (2K): https://gadgetworld.com.ng/product/53mm-six-color-square-3-x-3-x-3-magic-cube-rubik/

6 in 1 Educational Solar Robot Kit (3K): https://gadgetworld.com.ng/product/6-in-1-educational-solar-robot-kit/

Green Science DIY Natural Materials Enviro Battery Kit (3K): https://gadgetworld.com.ng/product/green-science-diy-natural-materials-enviro-battery-kit/

Intelligence Kids Toys Wooden Digit Mathematical Sticks (1500): https://gadgetworld.com.ng/product/intelligence-kids-toys-wooden-digit-mathematical-sticks/

Magic Compartment Wooden Puzzle Box with Secret Drawer (1,500): https://gadgetworld.com.ng/product/magic-compartment-wooden-puzzle-box-with-secret-drawer/

Kitchen Gadgets

Angry Mama Microwave Cleaner Kitchen Gadget (1,500): https://gadgetworld.com.ng/product/angry-mama-microwave-cleaner-kitchen-gadget/

Ez Cracker / Egg Cracker / Egg Separator(White) (1,500): https://gadgetworld.com.ng/product/ez-cracker-egg-cracker-egg-separatorwhite/

Fish Scale Remover (1,000): https://gadgetworld.com.ng/product/fish-hard-skin-scale-remover-skinner-peeler-cleaner-scaler-easy-kitchen-toolyellow/

Turkey and Barbecue Sauce Condiment Syringe Tool (2,000): https://gadgetworld.com.ng/product/turkey-and-barbecue-sauce-condiment-syringe-tool/

90W Home Multifunctional Electric Egg Cup Omelette (5,000): https://gadgetworld.com.ng/product/90w-home-multifunctional-electric-egg-cup-omelette-machine-household-eggs-pancake-roll-machine-egg-cooker-kitchen-tools-green/

Mums Gadgets:

Kinyo Single Breast Pump (17K): https://gadgetworld.com.ng/product/kinyo-single-superfast-electric-breast-milk-pump/

Kinyo Double Breast Pump (26K): https://gadgetworld.com.ng/product/kinyo-double-superfast-electric-breast-milk-pump/

Call 09055927540 or Whatsapp: 07066697724 to place your orders

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iwuoahsamuels: 12:59pm On May 23, 2018
Hello family
I’d be delivering in few weeks and would like to know how to get back my good tummy size after delivery.
Not myths pls-Pls suggest tips and tricks that worked for you. I heard the old tale of hot water massage gives tummy wrinkles? Who testified to this? I’m a disciplined eater and can do a few exercises but need to know what has worked for you Mums to get back in shape.
Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 1:01pm On May 23, 2018
Please is anyone using these kind of lunch boxes in the pictures attached below and does it keep food warm and where can I get it if it does.

Secondly, for those with one year olds, what do you typically pack as food for them for day care, I'm running out of ideas and how often do they eat in a day. Jazzyjazz, hunniesuzzie, Enque, Zaynie, Queensnow, Alphahandmaiden.

Hope I make sense, MS is making my brain fuzzy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mizfola: 1:10pm On May 23, 2018
davsquared:

Toddlaville creche: 5th Avenue, D close
Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 1:12pm On May 23, 2018
Giddyperson:
Please is anyone using these kind of lunch boxes in the pictures attached below and does it keep food warm and where can I get it if it does.

Secondly, for those with one year olds, what do you typically pack as food for them for day care, I'm running out of ideas and how often do they eat in a day. Jazzyj..azz, hunniesu..zzie, Enq..ue, Zayn..ie, Queensn..ow, Alphahandm..aiden.

As per the plates, there are different types. They have the plastic ones, which doesn't keep warm and the ones that keep food warm. Check out lushluxurykids on IG and ask your questions, she get orishirishi, and quite affordable. She equally sells thermal lunch bags that helps keep food warm as well.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mizfola: 1:12pm On May 23, 2018
Thank you
Onegai:
Ogemele and mizfola, please read this when you are looking for a creche here:

http://nefescorner.com/2018/04/picking-right-pre-school-and-nursery.html

http://nefescorner.com

Because someone's definition of "good" would surprise you. And I showed that to my mum's friend's daughter (sheesh, see long trip!) And she immediately pulled her daughter out of her creche (she said based on the post, she noticed the creche had only 2 attendants so they were getting overwhelmed and weren't warming food well or washing bottles properly, meaning that her daughter kept falling sick. And no school nurse either).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Misi16: 1:25pm On May 23, 2018
sassyangel1:

Lollzzzzz... Just reading this cos u didn't quote me. Use under d blanket style. Put off the light and shook breast into his mouth wen he wants to start free NGO work(monitoring). By the way, how old is ur baby cos sheedren of nowadays ehnn, over sense is worrying them. Mk ur ds no wait till daddy n mummy finish work n then use hanky clean ur forehead and give u accolades ontop. I no dey hse ooo..
He is 22months now, in fact dh has chased ds to mattress on the floor, I stay by his side till he's asleep and then arrange pillows beside him to be cuddling
He will sleep by himself all night if no action but once oga starts he will begin to twist and turn, next na cry angry lately we have to vacate the room for him and sometimes sef he will still wake up. He can stretch to open doors now tongue since ur hubby no dey can I send him over for holiday cheesy grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 23, 2018
graciamore:
Good morning senior mumies... please I need help on this my baby's butocks is so red and rashes around it. someone said is Jedi Jedi please how do I go abt this any drugs to use for him? tanks

Are you sure it is not diaper rash?

What does diaper rash look like?

If your child's diaper area looks irritated and red, chances are it's diaper rash. The skin may also be a little puffy and feel warm when you touch it. Diaper rash can be mild, with just a few prickly red spots in a small area, or extensive, with tender red bumps that spread to your child's tummy and thighs.

What's the best way to treat diaper rash?

If diaper rash develops, take these steps to heal your child's skin:

*Keep your child clean and dry by changing his diaper frequently.

*Rinse his diaper area well at each diaper change. Don't use wipes that contain alcohol or fragrance.

*Pat your child's skin dry. Don't rub!

*Use an ointment that forms a barrier on the skin to protect your child's irritated skin from stool and urine. You don't have to use ointment at each diaper change. There are several good barrier ointments available that include petroleum jelly or zinc oxide.

*Put your child's diaper on loosely, or use a diaper that's a little big on him to allow for better air circulation. If you buy disposables, try a different brand to see if that helps.

*When the weather is warm and your child can play outside, leave his diaper (and ointment) off for as long as possible every day. Exposure to the air will speed healing.

*Consider letting your child sleep with a bare bottom whenever he has a rash. A plastic sheet under the cloth one helps protect the mattress.

(Source)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by graciamore(f): 1:30pm On May 23, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Are you sure it is not diaper rash?

What does diaper rash look like?

If your child's diaper area looks irritated and red, chances are it's diaper rash. The skin may also be a little puffy and feel warm when you touch it. Diaper rash can be mild, with just a few prickly red spots in a small area, or extensive, with tender red bumps that spread to your child's tummy and thighs.

What's the best way to treat diaper rash?

If diaper rash develops, take these steps to heal your child's skin:

* Keep your child clean and dry by changing his diaper frequently.

* Rinse his diaper area well at each diaper change. Don't use wipes that contain alcohol or fragrance.

*Pat your child's skin dry. Don't rub!

*Use an ointment that forms a barrier on the skin to protect your child's irritated skin from stool and urine. You don't have to use ointment at each diaper change. There are several good barrier ointments available that include petroleum jelly or zinc oxide.

*Put your child's diaper on loosely, or use a diaper that's a little big on him to allow for better air circulation. If you buy disposables, try a different brand to see if that helps.

*When the weather is warm and your child can play outside, leave his diaper (and ointment) off for as long as possible every day. Exposure to the air will speed healing.

*Consider letting your child sleep with a bare bottom whenever he has a rash. A plastic sheet under the cloth one helps protect the mattress.

(Source)

tnk u so much mam. this would be helpful.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 23, 2018
comtem2011:

Olamide is going great. Sending his regards to his brother over there.

I believe she is doing great. I missed her lectures/write ups.

@Bolded, same here.

Bobo will hear ooo. Enjoy the rest of the day.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 1:42pm On May 23, 2018
rvpbae:

As per the plates, there are different types. They have the plastic ones, which doesn't keep warm and the ones that keep food warm. Check out lushluxurykids on IG and ask your questions, she get orishirishi, and quite affordable. She equally sells thermal lunch bags that helps keep food warm as well.
kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 1:44pm On May 23, 2018
Misi16:

He is 22months now, in fact dh has chased ds to mattress on the floor, I stay by his side till he's asleep and then arrange pillows beside him to be cuddling
He will sleep by himself all night if no action but once oga starts he will begin to twist and turn, next na cry angry lately we have to vacate the room for him and sometimes sef he will still wake up. He can stretch to open doors now tongue since ur hubby no dey can I send him over for holiday cheesy grin

Lmaoooo... Chasing ur son to sleep on a separate mattress. Ur own gree sef. My own... Lailai... As u r removing breast from her mouth, she don open eyes dey look u n dt means u will start work (process) all over by dancing like say Na deliverance person wan do. Chaiiii... I don't wanna remember those days cos it wasn't funny. Soteyyyy, I go dey beef wth my fart wen d sound woke her then. Up till now, she still carry the pepper body o a.k.a 3 in 1. She's a body n not hand full. U still wantu now add ur son to my cheedren?!!!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Licious07(f): 2:25pm On May 23, 2018
graciamore:
Good morning senior mumies... please I need help on this my baby's butocks is so red and rashes around it. someone said is Jedi Jedi please how do I go abt this any drugs to use for him?/tanks

It's diaper rash. You can buy Baby Tribotan.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:53pm On May 23, 2018
Giddyperson:

Secondly, for those with one year olds, what do you typically pack as food for them for day care, I'm running out of ideas and how often do they eat in a day. Jazzyjazz, hunniesuzzie, Enque, Zaynie, Queensnow, Alphahandmaiden.

I pack pap, Tom brown, a local cereal called kunun tamba, Quaker oats, nutribom cereals

Here's how I do it
I have 2 flasks
One small one (double compartment) (I remove the upper compartment) is dedicated to the cereal. I fill it up and mix with milk (the cereal is so that if I'm late for pick up he will still have what to eat)
Then a bigger flask with 2 compartments,i rotate his food
I put Quaker oats, the nutribom cereal,and sometimes I add Semo and Okro soup.
Another day Tom Brown, cereal
Or kunun tamba, cereal

But the cereal is constant
I also have a small storage container that I put only milk (for his pap and others)

Every now and then I put rice and stew (which he only eats once in a blue moon)

Hope this helps
Since he loves bread, I sometimes put 2 slices of bread as a snack
I also put biscuits sometimes

5 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 2:57pm On May 23, 2018
jazzyjazz:

I pack pap, Tom brown, a local cereal called kunun[b] tamba[/b], Quaker oats, nutribom cereals

Or kunun tamba, cereal

I thought tamba means to wash bombom

#OkBye grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 3:17pm On May 23, 2018
He still eats at 4 hour intervals. He eats 3 times at creche - 1 "adult food" (rice/potatoes/bread and tea/amala/semo etc) then cereal/AS makes up the rest. I also pack 1 snack (ribena and cheese balls/a fruit snack) he doesn't eat biscuits so I don't bother with that anymore

Giddyperson:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 3:52pm On May 23, 2018
Giddyperson:

The pic of the lunch box you posted will only be ideal for snacks in my opinion. What if the food bag or bowl itself tips,all the foods will now get mixed together.

I use nuby bowls with cover. It comes as 4pcs in a pack.

3"sure banker"foods are pap, apple puree and boiled plantain

The other meal is varied (either basmati rice with stew/ boiled fish/fried egg with carrots /sweet potato porridge).

For snacks, we do banana or 1 slice bread or biscuit

He still takes milk too so we go with 3bottles of 120ml milk.

Do take care

1 Like 7 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 3:54pm On May 23, 2018
enque:

I thought tamba means to wash bombom

#OkBye grin grin grin

wikid somebori....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Preciouzword: 4:11pm On May 23, 2018
Check out the 17years old who was groomed and abused by a 34 years old when she was 15 via Tweeter
https://momsall.com/social-media-social-protection-for-children-teenage-grooming/
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:34pm On May 23, 2018
Lululuv,
I think you should see a dermatologist too. But since its getting dried up real quick I don't think its anything serious.
Use savlon in his water and up his fruit and veggies intake in case its viral.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 4:51pm On May 23, 2018
hunniesuzie:
She is onye nsogbu like my people will say grin

That means oni wahala abi grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 4:57pm On May 23, 2018
Giddyperson:

My teamie, well done. For by baby I pack rice and stew or jollof rice, bread and fried egg, fried Irish potatoes, sweet potatoes porridge, beans if available and sometimes pap. He doesn't like cereals and tea so I don't pack them. I rotate these foods to make it two different food and biscuits with ribena per day.
Happy bumping remember it will always get better as the day goes
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:05pm On May 23, 2018
Giddyperson:

Secondly, for those with one year olds, what do you typically pack as food for them for day care, I'm running out of ideas and how often do they eat in a day. Jazz.yjazz, hunn.iesuzzie, Enqu.e, Zay.nie, Que.ensnow, Alphahan.dmaiden.

As JGracious said, that lunch box may not be ideal. Bread and okra with pineapple is not a great combo.

I would suggest using individual bowls or flasks for each meal. And even labeled sef That way it is also a bit idiot proof. You can then pop all into a bigger insulated bag.

At that age we were doing 4 -5 meals a day, still on a similar routine now as well.

Breakfast : keep it simple - cereal of your choice, you can dry mix with powdered milk and they add water when they want to give her. Just be varying it. Also remember that they can now take normal adult cereals. A few are: rice cripsies, weetabix, shredies, normal cornflakes( crush to make the pieces smaller) hoops and Quaker oats.

Mid morning snack : one or two of maybe some fruit bread slices, or mini sandwiches, boiled egg, vegetable pieces like boiled carrot sticks, cucumber slices, quarter or half and avocado ( depending on size - cut in half and rub the exposed edges with lemon juice to stop discoloration then wrap in cling film), quarter to half a cob of boiled corn ( depending on the size)

Lunch : this can be anything usually a hot or warm meal such as: rice, potatoes, plantain (boiled or fried), pasta and sauce in all forms, yam, swallow and soup, moin-moin and pap, sausages, meatballs, fish fingers, chicken nuggets.

Afternoon snack : similar to the morning snack with a different selection of fruit from the morning. , or even things like sausage rolls, or meat pies, muffins, cupcakes( no icing) can be included. Especially if you make them yourself then you can adjust the sugar, salt and fat contents.

Dinner : usually when you get home. Just work around what you are making for the adults to keep it simple.

For fruits please remember to prepare at home and cut to the appropriate size where possible especially for grapes and the like..... as I said before, idiot proof as much as possible.

Cereals like hoops are great as snacks as well well as the chicken nuggets and fish fingers.

For drinks I only gave water or milk. You may also vary with the tiniest bit of milo or the like to just change the milk taste and colour, but NO juice or juice drinks.

Good luck.

15 Likes 35 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 6:21pm On May 23, 2018
Well done mamas kiss kiss kiss

12 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by graciamore(f): 7:31pm On May 23, 2018
Licious07:

It's diaper rash. You can buy Baby Tribotan.
tanks ma.. I have used baby tribotan but seems I bought fake one
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:00pm On May 23, 2018
You sabi the thing omo iya mi grin

Nimi22:

That means oni wahala abi grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 8:41pm On May 23, 2018
If it is AlphaHandMaiden post I must share it. Her head get plenty oil. Well done ma.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 8:41pm On May 23, 2018
hunniesuzie:
You sabi the thing omo iya mi grin
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.