Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1757) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400066 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1754) (1755) (1756) (1757) (1758) (1759) (1760) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olatebony(f): 4:39am On Jun 02, 2018
hunniesuzie:
zaynie and jazzyjazz if they have stock you can also check zippykiddiesplace (I think her user name is olatebony) if you don't find what you need faysbabypalace is on IG

Thanks sis
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olatebony(f): 4:47am On Jun 02, 2018
ademide0710:
Good Morning Mummies, how was your night?
Pls which will you recommend between Nan 1 or SMA my daughter is 4months and she is just 6kg. She is not adding weight in my eyes.

SMA
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 5:03am On Jun 02, 2018
Ok maam. Will send you a message later on. My baby spoilt my phone today. New phone of less than 3months. We wants an 11month old girl for free? I will throw in 2months worth of food and diapers. Sigh!! angry

Liftedhands:
Don't take my word alone for it sis, a trial will convince you.

Im using it and can testify that it works!!! Its just bread that doesn't want me to be great, else im sure I would have lost more belly fat than i have currently.

http:///send?phone=2348067069650

Use the link let's chat on WhatsApp

Or call 080 670 69 650.
geze911@gmail.com.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 5:05am On Jun 02, 2018
Thanks maam. My baby does not like the tiny bands as she keeps pulling it off her head but she let the big ones stay. That's why I'm looking for the big ones. Let me search All express then if I can find it. Thank you once again

lightedpath:
if you dont mind the tiny bands, you will get this on aliexpress, you can then use your own accessories.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lotannad2: 5:29am On Jun 02, 2018
Newly re-registered on NL.
@liftedhands, Pls carry me along wt d discussion on tummy blasting. I gave birth last July too thru cs and my tummy is still big.
@ pweetiebabe, may God lay His healing hands on ur son.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fattamyfattamy: 5:56am On Jun 02, 2018
Good morning mama's,pls come to my rescue av not been menstruating since I gave birth I menstruated last July 2016 although I did family planning immediately I gave birth that was may last year and since last week Monday av been feeling like menstruating and it's painful but it's not coming out small something black will just come out and that will be the end.pls is it normal? cos am disturbed.Thanks for the response Cc All mama's.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:05am On Jun 02, 2018
Lotannad2:
Newly re-registered on NL.
@liftedh ands, Pls carry me along wt d discussion on tummy blasting. I gave birth last July too thru cs and my tummy is still big.
@ pwpw eetiebabe, may God lay His healing hands on ur son.
Good morning sis welcome back.

Send me a chat here let's talk more
http:///send?phone=2348067069650

Or mail @ geze911@gmail.com.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:11am On Jun 02, 2018
spiceeamiee:
Ok maam. Will send you a message later on. My baby spoilt my phone today. New phone of less than 3months. We wants an 11month old girl for free? I will throw in 2months worth of food and diapers. Sigh!! angry

I WANT OOOOO Lolz cheesy sorry about the phones babies and phones and inseparable. My phone faints whenever it sees my son coming cos he has dealt mercilessly with the phone grin grin.

Alright sis I'll be expecting your buzz,
Good morning.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:19am On Jun 02, 2018
Fattamyfattamy:
Good morning mama's,pls come to my rescue av not been menstruating since I gave birth I menstruated last July 2016 although I did family planning immediately I gave birth that was may last year and since last week Monday av been feeling like menstruating and it's painful but it's not coming out small something black will just come out and that will be the end.pls is it normal? cos am disturbed.Thanks for the response Cc All mama's.
Seems you are about to have your first period! The black is old blood coming out first, this will run before the clear coloured blood shows.

You can drink warm water or take panadol for the pain in the meantime.

However if you feel very uncomfortable and disturbed please see your doctor for proper check.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awsome23(f): 6:40am On Jun 02, 2018
Pweetiebabe:
Pls if i may ask, was ur baby vomiting blackish substance? Cos d matron said with what he is vomiting its possible he respirated food, seeing my baby breath with so much difficulty is killing me,

He wasn't vomiting but was asked if he ingested anything like food. Meanwhile he has started crawling then so think he must have picked up something from the ground or ingested it. I had to remove my centre rug. The solution was to open his lungs with steroids so he can breath. Immediately that was administered he was okay. Don't worry your baby will be fine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fattamyfattamy: 6:41am On Jun 02, 2018
Liftedhands:
Seems you are about to have your first period! The black is old blood coming out first, this will run before the clear coloured blood shows.

You can drink warm water or take panadol for the pain in the meantime.

However if you feel very uncomfortable and disturbed please see your doctor for proper check.

Alright thanks ma

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:56am On Jun 02, 2018
spiceeamiee:
Thanks maam. My baby does not like the tiny bands as she keeps pulling it off her head but she let the big ones stay. That's why I'm looking for the big ones. Let me search All express then if I can find it. Thank you once again

Yea I ordered just that water melon romper that's popular on the site cuz I wanted to test the waters with one toe first cheesy It arrived and fit perfectly tho I can't even remember what size I'd finally ordered, maybe I'd check the cloth later if it's written or (I'd check my e-mail and get back to you on monday). But I really loved it and I wish I ordered more. if you are patient to read reviews and order carefully I think your orders would come looking as expected. The post office people were really helpful too, I didn't have time to go pick up the order for over a month and they finally brought it to my house after threatening to send it back, was really impressed with that too. kisses to your baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 02, 2018
Maybe is gene. I used SMA and my baby is not fat.
ademide0710:
Good Morning Mummies, how was your night?
Pls which will you recommend between Nan 1 or SMA my daughter is 4months and she is just 6kg. She is not adding weight in my eyes.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darsty99: 7:13am On Jun 02, 2018
rosekatiej:
Good evening mamas and papas,am a new mum and a new member here my baby is a week plus I hope to learn a lot from you all .

You are welcome. Enjoy your stay

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 8:10am On Jun 02, 2018
Awsome23:

Don't know how to talk to you but my son was diagnosed of same at gbaja last 2months. He was on oxygen for 3 days and was nebulised every 4 hours. He had difficulty breathing. When he breaths you can hear from another room. We stayed close to 2 weeks but was discharged on the grounds that it will get better at home. I even bought a nebuliser. On Easter Sunday it got worse I took him to the private clinic where I gave birth and the pead told me you cannot diagnose asthma on a baby less than 2-4 yrs. Even lifeline confirmed this. They only placed him on oxygen for like 2 hrs then nebulised with normal saline not salbutamol. Then the pead placed him on steroid injection, just once and he was fine. She said its viral respiratory infection so it will run its course. Since then we have never had any episode like that. I pray for your son to be healed because I can relate. I went thru hell but God is faithful. He will be fine but explore other options. They kept loading my boy with antibiotics.

Mama u r so right.

When my 2&half year ds was coughing it was d same thing d doc sed and did...
But i read somewhere that kids of dat age cant be diagnosed with such.

If u have a second choice pls go about it,mummy inioluwa. He will SURELY be fine ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:26am On Jun 02, 2018
Liftedhands:
Tell God sister! Take it to Him.

However be sure the doctor got this diagnosis right!( I pray he is wrong o) because I was told kids under two can't be diagnosed of asthma till after the age of 2.

My son is botherline due to inherited gene from his dad and we were asked to come after his 2nd birthday if he shows signs.

Sadly hes been having persistent dry coughs especially at night and when the weather is cold! I'm praying it's not asthma or anything related to it.

But plan to have him checked very soon.

My advice is get another opinion just to be sure! If I may ask has he been showing any symptoms suggestive of this diagnosis?

In all take it to God in prayer! Our kids will be fine by the special grace of God.

Father please take control.
How did you deal with the persistent dry coughs
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by khaite23: 9:55am On Jun 02, 2018
Sabi mamas abeg bia oooooo. Come help me shook mouth oooooo!!!!!!!
I gave birth on the 18th making it 2 weeks yesterday!!!!! My baby's cord dropped last week Friday and since then na hot water my mother in law dey take massage the navel. Wen I told my mum she said itz not right and she politely told her that she should just be using cotton wool and spirit to clean d navel that its okay. My mother in law responded that she do squeeze the water out before placing it on the navel dat datz ow they do it, though after bathing she still cleans with spirit and cotton wool. But to my amazement last nyt, as I just peeped in the bathroom to c my baby dat is taking his bath, I saw my mother in law squeezing the hot water from the towel directly inside my baby's navel. I didn't talk I just left. This morning again d same thing happened then I asked her if water will not enter inside the navel and she said it won't that if water will enter water go don enter tey tey that the hot water is to make the navel heal.
Abeg sabi mamas is this right, cos am afraid of any complication for my DS.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ftmum: 10:22am On Jun 02, 2018
Naomi14:
Teamie dear, I puree fruit and give immediately back then when she had no teeth. I wasn't storing. But wait o! You still puree food? Shebi your baby don get teeth? Give baby potato make e chop. Potatoes is soft

My cappoo, he doesn't take food that has texture or particles ooooo......I tried so hard, he would vomit it. So I puree it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ftmum: 10:23am On Jun 02, 2018
queensnow:
how do u prepare it cus irish potatoes and carrot purree is mine best food and it didn't change colour or go bad in fact I keep in fridge for a long as 1wk

Well , I use sweet potato
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ftmum: 10:23am On Jun 02, 2018
rofemiguwa:

Try topping it with olive oil to cover the surface n see if it works.

It worked for my avocado puree den

Thanks mama, would try that
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:30am On Jun 02, 2018
Giddyperson:
How did you deal with the persistent dry coughs
Doctor gave us tixylix blackcurrant flavour to use and it helps! Still on it though.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:34am On Jun 02, 2018
khaite23:
Sabi mamas abeg bia oooooo. Come help me shook mouth oooooo!!!!!!!
I gave birth on the 18th making it 2 weeks yesterday!!!!! My baby's cord dropped last week Friday and since then na hot water my mother in law dey take massage the navel. Wen I told my mum she said itz not right and she politely told her that she should just be using cotton wool and spirit to clean d navel that its okay. My mother in law responded that she do squeeze the water out before placing it on the navel dat datz ow they do it, though after bathing she still cleans with spirit and cotton wool. But to my amazement last nyt, as I just peeped in the bathroom to c my baby dat is taking his bath, I saw my mother in law squeezing the hot water from the towel directly inside my baby's navel. I didn't talk I just left. This morning again d same thing happened then I asked her if water will not enter inside the navel and she said it won't that if water will enter water go don enter tey tey that the hot water is to make the navel heal.
Abeg sabi mamas is this right, cos am afraid of any complication for my DS.
I doubt theres anything wrong with that, I dropped hot water on to my son's navel during bath and thereafter applied Vaseline. I used spirit to clean during the day when he's not having a bath, It healed well! That's how my mom and midwives told me to.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:36am On Jun 02, 2018
Liftedhands:
Doctor gave us tixylix blackcurrant flavour to use and it helps! Still on it though.
Strange, tixylix has never done a thing for us. Currently using piriton Cuz it's the only thing that's ever worked but I'm worried we are becoming too dependent on it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:46am On Jun 02, 2018
Giddyperson:
Strange, tixylix has never done a thing for us. Currently using piriton Cuz it's the only thing that's ever worked but I'm worried we are becoming too dependent on it.
odd I asked for piriton he said not ideal undecided and gave us the tixy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:02am On Jun 02, 2018
Liftedhands:
odd I asked for piriton he said not ideal undecided and gave us the tixy.
Did he say why? Abi not ideal for long term use
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by khaite23: 11:50am On Jun 02, 2018
Liftedhands:
I doubt theres anything wrong with that, I dropped hot water on to my son's navel during bath and thereafter applied Vaseline. I used spirit to clean during the day when he's not having a bath, It healed well! That's how my mom and midwives told me to.

Tenx mama

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yetty002: 11:52am On Jun 02, 2018
JGracious:

Praise be to God who does wondrous things. Congratulations and may the blessing of your child continue to give you joy.

To your question, other sabi mamas will chook mouth as it pertains to mucous in your baby's poo. You can read this in the meantime.
https://www.breastfeeding-problems.com/mucous-in-the-stool.html

For newborns, you can change diaper up to 6times in a day sef...
thank you mama. Very helpful article.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 11:53am On Jun 02, 2018
Giddyperson:
Did he say why? Abi not ideal for long term use
I think it's precautionary, he mentioned piriton being contraindicated in patients suffering from asthma. I guess he's just being careful just in case.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yetty002: 11:55am On Jun 02, 2018
Naomi14:
Keep breastfeeding baby and Take baby to hospital. Let the paed prescribe appropriate drugs.
OK mama. I am grateful.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
Hello mama's... how are we all doing?
I want to introduce a very good diaper to us.. it's a new upcoming product in the market. very soft on the skin, very absorbent and yes affordable... we can deliver anywhere...A trial will surely convince you..Focus Love all the way. I have tried & tested it. contact me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2018
Give him cut-up bite size potatoes to munch on by himself while you watch. So he can start getting used to it. Does he eat rice?
ftmum:

My cappoo, he doesn't take food that has texture or particles ooooo......I tried so hard, he would vomit it. So I puree it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 02, 2018
I did same and it healed faster that way.
khaite23:

Tenx mama

(1) (2) (3) ... (1754) (1755) (1756) (1757) (1758) (1759) (1760) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.