Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1858) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4411047 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1855) (1856) (1857) (1858) (1859) (1860) (1861) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 5:08pm On Aug 08, 2018
zaynie:
Oliran, I concur with all that has been said. wink

In other news I have Aju Mbaise for 2 new moms of less than a month. ( Team July/August).
Must also be from the pregnancy thread.
Lagos mom.
Delivery is on you.
First to talk.
Second. grin

1. Oliran
2.?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 5:08pm On Aug 08, 2018
zaynie:
Oliran, I concur with all that has been said. wink

In other news I have Aju Mbaise for 2 new moms of less than a month. ( Team July/August).
Must also be from the pregnancy thread.
Lagos mom.
Delivery is on you.
First to talk.
Second. grin

1. Oliran
2.?
Second grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2018
hunniesuzie:
If he's eating well and the consistency is normal just watch him for another 24 hours
Maybe he (you) ate something that isn't sitting quite right with him and he's getting rid of it

imurboss:

I don't think there's any need to be worried here since the poo is the same consistency and he's still feeding fine. You should be worried if the poo is watery or greenish with mucous like but since it's not no need worrying however, check what you have been eating recently or something you just introduced to him. He will be fine...
Hope this helped.

Other mamas will shook mouth

keeki:

doctors Say pooping even up to 6times is normal.as long as there is no temperature and the consistency is normal

Thank you all. Must be those darn cornflakes i bought and took yesterday, that's the only new thing I've taken. I even took it again today. Haven't had cornflakes in moooonths.

I'll stop it and watch him. Thanks again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2018
JGracious:

Rotarix is given orally so just take everything in the 14th week.
That way, you complete the minimum time to receive a 2nd dose of the other vaccines.

cheers.

Thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 5:20pm On Aug 08, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Later is ok, earlier is a nono

Thank you mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forzarush(f): 5:33pm On Aug 08, 2018
keeki:

quick recovery to him
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forzarush(f): 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2018
Giddyperson:
How's Fortune doing, hope better now
Yes,thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forzarush(f): 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2018
Oliran:

Thank you mummy fortune, I will do all I can to stay strong. How's fortune's health?
better,thank you. So,how did it go?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forzarush(f): 5:36pm On Aug 08, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Hey hey, How is my boy now?

The matter just weak me jare,mumsy just left this evening sef. He's better just still weak. Thanks jare.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2018
rofemiguwa:

Second grin

OK, you gorrit.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumIbeji(f): 9:23pm On Aug 08, 2018
zaynie:
The top 3 moms are

1. FloraEC with 17.5 points
2. Mumibeji with 14.6 points
3. Sysengr with 13.4 points.

FloraEC gets the packages listed.
Mumibeji and Sysengr get consolation prizes.
Sysengr, I know I'm owing you something before from MHC, I'll include it and send everything together this time around.
Mumibeji, kindly send me a message on whatsapp or pm. Whichever one works for you.

Thanks moms for participating.

I also want to thank the donor moms. They are all on here. I can't mention names but God knows you all.
May He answer all your prayers and grant your hearts desires.
Amin.
Package received... grin grin grin
Thanks to the donor moms. God bless you all and mama Zaynie, God bless you too.

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:37pm On Aug 08, 2018
olamitie:
How do you moms give you babies semo likdcereal?the thing is tasteless and she has refused to take it self
Milk milk milk and a bit of sugar depends on age.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:38pm On Aug 08, 2018
Oliran sorry for the late response mamas have answered you well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 9:39pm On Aug 08, 2018
@ Oliran, ok dear, I just wanted to be sure. I don't know if it was my clinic or the new procedure oh, my son was circumcised in the hospital, they took him from me, I walked away because I did not want to hear him cry, it did not take more than 10mins, the nurses started looking for me, there was no excess cry, I just kept administering the ointment I was given, the ring fell and that was it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2018
Liftedhands:
Milk milk milk and a bit of sugar depends on age.
wow this is new.. do you mean babies can eat semovita as a form of cereal? And from what age?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forzarush(f): 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2018
booqee:
wow this is new.. do you mean babies can eat semovita as a form of cereal? And from what age?
as soon as we clocked six months,we took it alongside pap,cereal and mashed potatoes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 10:22pm On Aug 08, 2018
booqee:

6months and above can take it

Semolina Porridge( Cook Time 10 minutes)

INGREDIENTS

2 tbsp semolina
1 cup water
1/2 cup milk 
3 Raisins optional

INSTRUCTIONS

Boil water in a sauce pan

Once the water starts rolling, add Semolina and keep stirring

Make sure the flame is low. This prevents from semolina getting stuck to the bottom of pan

Add milk, and stir for another couple of minutes

Turn off the flame. Add chopped raisins

Porridge is ready to be fed
#copied

(Some people add butter as well)

You can take it as an adult too.

http://dooneyskitchen.com/semolina-cereal-and-spiced-apple-compote/

2 Likes 17 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 08, 2018
forzarush:
as soon as we clocked six months,we took it alongside pap,cereal and mashed potatoes.
how do you prepare it? Mashed sweet potatoes can start from 6 months too yeah?

Modified : JGracious has given the recipe.

Thank you very much JGracious.. I'll give this a try.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
booqee:
how do you prepare it? Mashed sweet potatoes can start from 6 months too yeah?

Modified : JGracious has given the recipe.

Thank you very much JGracious.. I'll give this a try.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 08, 2018
JGracious:

6months and above can take it

Semolina Porridge( Cook Time 10 minutes)

INGREDIENTS

2 tbsp semolina
1 cup water
1/2 cup milk 
3 Raisins optional

INSTRUCTIONS

Boil water in a sauce pan

Once the water starts rolling, add Semolina and keep stirring

Make sure the flame is low. This prevents from semolina getting stuck to the bottom of pan

Add milk, and stir for another couple of minutes

Turn off the flame. Add chopped raisins

Porridge is ready to be fed
#copied

(Some people add butter as well)

You can take it as an adult too.

http://dooneyskitchen.com/semolina-cereal-and-spiced-apple-compote/
one more question, just to be clear. Milk here means formula right? Can I also use breastmilk?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 10:33pm On Aug 08, 2018
booqee:
one more question, just to be clear. Milk here means formula right? Can I also use breastmilk?

Formula or breastmilk for her age. You can use full cream milk after she clocks 1

Just have it mind that it's similar to how you prepare oats.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:36pm On Aug 08, 2018
MumIbeji:

Package received... grin grin grin
Thanks to the donor moms. God bless you all and mama Zaynie, God bless you too.

Amin
Amin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 11:40pm On Aug 08, 2018
booqee:
Yes o! Its the same thing as purity cereal just packaging. I started at 8 months and he really loved it. Made him robust and sleepy all the time.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 5:48am On Aug 09, 2018
lessonslearned:

Just curious though.....

Why would u want to administer it twice??
Was there no scar the first time??

yes ma, there no scar even till now(he is 2yrs+)so i feel like injecting another bt wants to ask if there isamy effect

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 5:52am On Aug 09, 2018
gabby18:

I actually gave my baby twice cux after 6 months I noticed there was no scar on his upper left arm neither was there a ball- like feeling when that area was felt... Last last the nurse said it shkd be administered again as there is nothing like BCG overdose..so we did it again...

But still enquire from ur paediatrician before giving ur LO again

ok ma. thanks i appreciate your response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lessonslearned: 7:17am On Aug 09, 2018
Good morning mamas
Am here for advice as a fun

Just to sample opinions......

Am resuming work soon and am torn btw the kind of nanny to chose from...
A little background.... my husband lives out of town and comes once in every two weeks even when he's around the only domestic work he does is serve his own food...
I have no family in the town I live in so really can drop D'S anywhere....

I also work nights and sometimes weekends....
Now most of my colleagues have Nannys that live with them and was planning to get that....

But thing is my Mother especially is very against that..
I have no relative who can help with this atm... though DH has a niece he's very reluctant to ask cos he doesn't want her father to say he's using her as a househelp....

Now my other options are for DS to go to Creche in the mornings and I discussed with a close sister in the Lord that has agreed to help when I need to work night and weekends.....
Now problem is I really don't know if that is sufficient help cos my job can be really exhausting as sometimes I i get home so exhausted I just sleep straight till the next day.....
Plus am a student also so I need to have time to read my books.....

For mothers that have used nannies pls which did you prefer??

Which option would u chose if u were in my shoes??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tina462: 7:34am On Aug 09, 2018
Promo on children unique cartoon character tops..... Price is 1500 each
Baby bather net 4k
Foldable iron baby cot 25k
Location is Isolo Lagos
Pm or call 07034853820

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:56am On Aug 09, 2018
I'm online now mami

Bloomingbud:

Ahhhh.

Just quote me when you are online you will see them.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:00am On Aug 09, 2018
How old is your baby?

I personally prefer creche to baby being home alone with a nanny
However for nights and weekends you still need someone to live with you. My suggestion is, do creche, then nights and weekends send your help and the baby to the Sister's place, that way you have someone you trust supervising your nanny/help at least till you're more comfortable with her and your child is older

lessonslearned:
Good morning mamas
Am here for advice as a fun

Just to sample opinions......

Am resuming work soon and am torn btw the kind of nanny to chose from...
A little background.... my husband lives out of town and comes once in every two weeks even when he's around the only domestic work he does is serve his own food...
I have no family in the town I live in so really can drop D'S anywhere....

I also work nights and sometimes weekends....
Now most of my colleagues have Nannys that live with them and was planning to get that....

But thing is my Mother especially is very against that..
I have no relative who can help with this atm... though DH has a niece he's very reluctant to ask cos he doesn't want her father to say he's using her as a househelp....

Now my other options are for DS to go to Creche in the mornings and I discussed with a close sister in the Lord that has agreed to help when I need to work night and weekends.....
Now problem is I really don't know if that is sufficient help cos my job can be really exhausting as sometimes I i get home so exhausted I just sleep straight till the next day.....
Plus am a student also so I need to have time to read my books.....

For mothers that have used nannies pls which did you prefer??

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 11:05am On Aug 09, 2018
lessonslearned:
Good morning mamas

My dear, abeg go for the creche and trusted sis option. I fully understand your fears. Some nannies no be am oh.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:39am On Aug 09, 2018
BirthdayPhotoshoot Loading......

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lessonslearned: 11:56am On Aug 09, 2018
hunniesuzie:
How old is your baby?

I personally prefer creche to baby being home alone with a nanny
However for nights and weekends you still need someone to live with you. My suggestion is, do creche, then nights and weekends send your help and the baby to the Sister's place, that way you have someone you trust supervising your nanny/help at least till you're more comfortable with her and your child is older

Thanks mama....
My LO is 3momths old

(1) (2) (3) ... (1855) (1856) (1857) (1858) (1859) (1860) (1861) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.