Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1910) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4406692 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1907) (1908) (1909) (1910) (1911) (1912) (1913) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 8:10pm On Sep 19, 2018
I'm sure she will soon grant it. Pele ma

Thank you
goodhairdiary:

Your ppl are not granting requests
Can't access your post

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 8:25pm On Sep 19, 2018
goldylockisbnb:

Your baby at 3 months is not too clingy she has just gotten to the realization that you are a separate entity from her and she feels the need to understand the world around her more. Who better to turn to of course it's mummy. Please hold and cuddle her knowing that it is just a phase. Enjoy this moment they grow up very fast and soon you will be the one running after her. The Lord is your strength.
Aww thanks ma'am. smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Haleematm(f): 8:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
dacutebaby:
Hello Mamas pls shook mouth for my matter. I just started giving LO expressed milk, I discovered I don't produce as much as I did before (he is 14weeks now). It takes me an hour to get 100 to 120ml cry, does this not mean I have been starving this boy. Pls can reduction in eating cause this, my appetite has been really low.

I have being taking seseame seed with pap, I cooked it like egusi and ate with eba for 2days. I have started with oats/sesame too.

Pls take alot of fluid. If u are using manual pump to express its not enough to say u are not lactating well because d pump is not efficient
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claseek(f): 8:43pm On Sep 19, 2018
Bloomingbud:

Teamie welcome back, my love to oyinkan.
[q
JGracious:

I yamu smiling...
Happy to have you back.
Kind regards to Princess Oyin.
uote author=FloraEC post=71337095]
Awww, good to read from you.
NL will soon get there, editing profile, who liked a comment, live video, cool smileys etc[/quote] thank you MAs smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claseek(f): 9:25pm On Sep 19, 2018
Bloomingbud:
My 7 months two weeks son started running temperature yesterday so I gave him capol syrup but I notice he can't sleep nor eat well, thermometer says 38.4 despite doing tepid sponge for him.
how is his body today? I hope he's doing well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rubyzz: 9:44pm On Sep 19, 2018
VivyGift:
Good morning mamas, 

1. My son took pix 1 and reacted badly, he was stooling so I think if the new brand is better you can take it.

1b.  Don't know if you can take another dose. Ask a Dr?

2. I think a clean towel and water is better. Most wipes have stuff that might not be good to ingest

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 10:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
Thank you to all our likers(another English word), quoters, et al ..we appreciate you all.

Our children will always make us happy. Great shall be the peace of all our children.. Yes, our seeds shall be great in the Land... Cheers all.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 19, 2018
Which of them cos them plenty.They one I followed had more of bible quoting.Didnt see any video.Try post it on your IG handle
kelizosuy:
I'm sure she will soon grant it. Pele ma

Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dacutebaby: 12:07am On Sep 20, 2018
imurboss:

In addition to what you're already taking, try and take alot of fluids too,lots of water.You can also massage the boobs with a hot towel too. As per your appetite,if you fell it's low try and get a multivitamin to aid your appetite, above all,let your mind be at rest too. It is well with you and lo kiss
Thank you ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dacutebaby: 12:08am On Sep 20, 2018
[quote author=FloraEC post=71341875]
Relax, take lots of fluid while pumping, try and eat please. Hope is electric breast pump. [/quote

No it's manual
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dacutebaby: 12:12am On Sep 20, 2018
Haleematm:

Pls take alot of fluid. If u are using manual pump to express its not enough to say u are not lactating well because d pump is not efficient

Oh really, good to know then. Thanks ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by baeboss: 2:07am On Sep 20, 2018
[Aquote author=dacutebaby post=71338175]Hello Mamas pls shook mouth for my matter. I just started giving LO expressed milk, I discovered I don't produce as much as I did before (he is 14weeks now). It takes me an hour to get 100 to 120ml cry, does this not mean I have been starving this boy. Pls can reduction in eating cause this, my appetite has been really low.

I have being taking seseame seed with pap, I cooked it like egusi and ate with eba for 2days. I have started with oats/sesame too. [/quote]

1st of all i will like to say well done mum! U r doing a good job! Pls dont judge the quantity of milk ur body produces based on breastpump. It will interest u to know dat ur baby with a good latch is capable of sucking much more quantity of milk from you than breastpump. So relax, eat healthy and nutritious food, drink lots of water and fed ur baby.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 2:49am On Sep 20, 2018
It's the one with Bible quoting.

Please just scroll down thank you
Sansa143:
Which of them cos them plenty.They one I followed had more of bible quoting.Didnt see any video.Try post it on your IG handle

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 5:19am On Sep 20, 2018
[quote author=dacutebaby post=71351820][/quote]
Manual will frustrate you ehh, if you can go for electric just buy it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lessonslearned: 7:31am On Sep 20, 2018
dacutebaby:
Hello Mamas pls shook mouth for my matter. I just started giving LO expressed milk, I discovered I don't produce as much as I did before (he is 14weeks now). It takes me an hour to get 100 to 120ml cry, does this not mean I have been starving this boy. Pls can reduction in eating cause this, my appetite has been really low.

I have being taking seseame seed with pap, I cooked it like egusi and ate with eba for 2days. I have started with oats/sesame too.

Might be several factors
1. the pump might not be efficient enough.....
2. Time of day u pump......
Don't worry as far as it LO has wet diapers and seems satisfied u doing well

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 8:37am On Sep 20, 2018
VivyGift:
Good morning mamas, 

Please, I will like to know  your sincere opinions concerning these questions:

1. Please, I went for the second dose of rota vaccine and I was given another type. Though, they were both from gsk. I questioned the immunizer and she said people were complaining about the former one that their children were still stooling  after been vaccinated with it. Etc

Please mamas, what do you think about it? 

1a.  Which of the rota vaccine did your child take (vaccine 1 or 2? Pictures are attached. 

1b.  Can I take another dose? Making 3 doses. Is there any cause for alarm? Thinking of taking another dose of the effective one.

2. Is it good to use baby wipes to wipe the nipple before breastfeeding?

3. Mamas that use puritil for sterilizing, please, how do you use it? Is it a good one? Should I change to another? 

Please mamas, I await your response. Thank you

Morning.

My lo got the 1st one, two doses. I think rotarix is 2 doses.There is another brand of 3 doses. If you're uncomfortable maybe talk to the hospital matron. Lo did not react.

For baby wipes. I dont think it's good, because I'm not sure the chemicals in it are safe for baby's consumption. I usually don't clean it before each use. If I must cos of dried milk, I just use clean water .

Nothing on the third question.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mahoti(f): 9:35am On Sep 20, 2018
keeki:
a

Is she stooling and vomiting?
not that much she is getting better thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 10:09am On Sep 20, 2018
dacutebaby:

Hello

How do you know that you don't produce as much as before? Were you expressing before? If no, baby has probably been sucking fine. Babies suck far better than the pump. Also, pumps are better than themselves depending on the brand and if manual or electric. I usually breastfeed my baby after pumping cos if he sucks first, there might be nothing to pump out. I express more when full.

And yes, not eating well and drinking enough water can affect milk production. And worse still can make you very sick. Pls eat well. I got a multivite from a pharmacy when I started having issues with appetite. It's important to remain healthy while breastfeeding.

I took a lot of hot pap in my 1st five weeks. Before each meal

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:12am On Sep 20, 2018
Please tell the people to mind their own business and leave him to flourish

Goldenheart002:
Good day mama, my almost 8months LO is a belly crawler, he doesn't go on all four and I'm not really bothered cos I believe he will correct himself as time goes on but ppl have been telling me it's bad, like I shouldn't allow him. I was advised to lift his chest wit turning stick every time he crawls on his belly. Dis sounds so weird and funny to me, I don't know wether to get angry or laff cheesy cheesy grin grin grin. Pls mamas that has experienced dis, what do u think? Will he go on all four at will? Or is there anything I can do to help him?

Cc all mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 10:33am On Sep 20, 2018
hello mamas, abeg share your experience o.

my lo started moving her fingers to hermouth so early. now she's 14 weeks n sucks her thumb so much. I always try to remove it n even wear her gloves but especially when she's sleeping or sleepy her cry of frustration no be small when you remove the hand or she can't access it to suck. she won't sleep o. what's even getting me concerned is that recently at night she'd rather suck the hand to rock herself to sleep than suck breast so she can be full and sleep back. sort of feel the hand sucking isn't allowing her to eat properly as before so i started expressing milk for her. at least that way she can eat to her fill at once.

i don't like this hand sucking at all n i know it may not get easier as she grows older. pls what can i do to discourage her, or will she outgrow itsoon? biko, share your experience. thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 10:41am On Sep 20, 2018
Good morning blessed moms
Pls what cream can I use for daiper rash apart from sudocream
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 10:44am On Sep 20, 2018
anyone selling good quality washable diapers here? I
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 10:45am On Sep 20, 2018
joyousf:
hello mamas, abeg share your experience o.
Try wear her socks or mittens, it helps but that's if she doesn't remove them
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 10:46am On Sep 20, 2018
joyousf:
anyone selling good quality washable diapers here?
I
Cc: Alphahandmaiden
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by VivyGift(f): 10:56am On Sep 20, 2018
Bloomingbud:

Honestly I can only speak for no 1a, the rota vaccine I'm familiar with is the one u tagged 2 and that's wat my children took, I don't think u need to repeat a third dosage cos it might be same thing just different packaging.
OK ma. Thank you so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by VivyGift(f): 11:01am On Sep 20, 2018
lessonslearned:

I was given vaccine 2 the first time and vaccine 1 the second dose Didn't get diarrhoea or anything....
Thank you ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Droyal(f): 11:06am On Sep 20, 2018
Goldenheart002:
Good day mama, my almost 8months LO is a belly crawler, he doesn't go on all four and I'm not really bothered cos I believe he will correct himself as time goes on but ppl have been telling me it's bad, like I shouldn't allow him. I was advised to lift his chest wit turning stick every time he crawls on his belly. Dis sounds so weird and funny to me, I don't know wether to get angry or laff cheesy cheesy grin grin grin. Pls mamas that has experienced dis, what do u think? Will he go on all four at will? Or is there anything I can do to help him?

Cc all mamas

Let me share my experience, my baby is 7 months has not really gone on all fours to crawl, he does a push up like position to raise his head up moves his bumbum back and front like a swing or dance. grin

If he wants to move forward he 'swims'(i guess that's the belly crawling part) he started swimming on reverse shocked always tried to move forward and gets frustrated at it, just this week he has found a way to swim to the front grin when he was trying to get close to my phone. I just noticed again that he holds something up like his edge of his cot and goes in a kneeling position.

I have been told that different children different system, that some do the swimming position like your baby, your baby might not be an all fours crawler you might just wake up one day an see him standing with support.

My point is just leave him he will find his way.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tina462: 11:22am On Sep 20, 2018
tatacherie:

Try shell butter

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by VivyGift(f): 11:29am On Sep 20, 2018
Thank you mama Rubyzz, iaatmgirl. God bless you all for your response.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 12:13pm On Sep 20, 2018
tatacherie:

Baby tribotan. Its around 500. Works very effectively

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claseek(f): 12:20pm On Sep 20, 2018
Droyal:
[quote=Goldenheart002

Let me share my experience, my baby is 7 months has not really gone on all fours to crawl, he does a push up like position to raise his head up moves his bumbum back and front like a swing or dance. grin

If he wants to move forward he 'swims'(i guess that's the belly crawling part) he started swimming on reverse shocked always tried to move forward and gets frustrated at it, just this week he has found a way to swim to the front grin when he was trying to get close to my phone. I just noticed again that he holds something up like his edge of his cot and goes in a kneeling position.

I have been told that different children different system, that some do the swimming position like your baby, your baby might not be an all fours crawler you might just wake up one day an see him standing with support.

My point is just leave him he will find his way.
my baby and urs must be twins.. She's 7 months today. She "swims" instead of crawling, she also slides too.
She also goes on all fours, and rocks back and forth like she were dancing. That one is funny to watch. cheesy

Just like your baby, she holds on to something especially the edge of her cot and goes in a kneeling position.

This morning, while rocking back and forth on her fours, she took two steps to crawl forward and stopped she's back to swimming.

All babies would not be the same, @goldenheart

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1907) (1908) (1909) (1910) (1911) (1912) (1913) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.