Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1942) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4404601 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1939) (1940) (1941) (1942) (1943) (1944) (1945) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2018
It's like all Nigerian mothers are on the same whatsapp group with this formula pressure undecided undecided undecided

You're doing the right thing, 30 to 40 mls at that age is great and it seems your supply is good. How does mummy know she hasn't added weight? 11 days is still too young for any visible increase in weight

As per the bolded, it's exactly the same wrt nutrients, the only thing that is different is the bond that you share from direct feeding. If you are not a stay at home mum, I advise you interchange bottle and direct feeding so you don't create problems when you have to resume work

Welldone

Rayhanna:
Good Morning experienced mamas... Please i need clarifications and advise on some issues.

I have an 11day old daughter whom av been feeding on breastmilk only. my mom however thinks that she isnt getting enough of the breast milk because of the way we struggle to feed each other at night, so she's suggesting i incorporate formula with it. But each time i express my breastmilk and feed her, she takes abt 30 t0 40ml at a stretch. How do you mamas think i can manage this situation, as my mum is saying she ought to have added weight by now and that the formula will also make her sleep well at night. i really want to feed my baby on ebf, but my mum is making it difficult for me cos she keep saying baby isnt getting enough.. Isnt it too early to be worried about baby's size... nb her bw is 3.0kg.

i personally dont see the need for formula, cos i usually have adequate amount of breastmilK. i just like putting her to breast so she wont get used to bottlefeeding. Please, i need advise on how to go about this.

so i'll like to know if Bottlefeeding baby with breastmilk and putting baby to breast are the same in terms of adequate nutrients the baby is gettinh....

please help a FTM... thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 3:56pm On Oct 08, 2018
Order for your home made PAP(Ogi / akamu / koko).We have white , yellow , guinea , millet & mixed grains.We can make to your specifications.We can deliver at your doorstep at a delivery cost subject to your location. Call / Whatsapp 08057125055[b]

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2018
Rayhanna:
Good Morning experienced mamas... Please i need clarifications and advise on some issues.

I have an 11day old daughter whom av been feeding on breastmilk only. my mom however thinks that she isnt getting enough of the breast milk because of the way we struggle to feed each other at night, so she's suggesting i incorporate formula with it. But each time i express my breastmilk and feed her, she takes abt 30 t0 40ml at a stretch. How do you mamas think i can manage this situation, as my mum is saying she ought to have added weight by now and that the formula will also make her sleep well at night. i really want to feed my baby on ebf, but my mum is making it difficult for me cos she keep saying baby isnt getting enough.. Isnt it too early to be worried about baby's size... nb her bw is 3.0kg.

i personally dont see the need for formula, cos i usually have adequate amount of breastmilK. i just like putting her to breast so she wont get used to bottlefeeding. Please, i need advise on how to go about this.

so i'll like to know if Bottlefeeding baby with breastmilk and putting baby to breast are the same in terms of adequate nutrients the baby is gettinh....

please help a FTM... thanks
Older women especially those that didn't do EBF always think baby is starving. You have to be ready for the battle if you want to do EBF with first baby. My MIL kept saying that breastmilk is like water to be given to baby after the formular cheesy. Just ignore and keep doing what you're doing. At some point she said baby was losing weight so I started keeping the baby to suck almost all day since I was kukuma doing nothing else. Soon the complaint became that she was too fat.

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rayhanna: 4:50pm On Oct 08, 2018
hunniesuzie:
It's like all Nigerian mothers are on the same whatsapp group with this formula pressure undecided undecided undecided

You're doing the right thing, 30 to 40 mls at that age is great and it seems your supply is good. How does mummy know she hasn't added weight? 11 days is still too young for any visible increase in weight

As per the bolded, it's exactly the same wrt nutrients, the only thing that is different is the bond that you share from direct feeding. If you are not a stay at home mum, I advise you interchange bottle and direct feeding so you don't create problems when you have to resume work

Welldone

Thanks a lot mama for the prompt response. This has really made me feel better, i really appreciate...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ademide0710: 6:27pm On Oct 08, 2018
Hello Mummies, please recommend a good brand of yogurt, I can give DD. She is 8months. Thank you!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2018
Mamas please help a ftm. Who else is experiencing or have experienced memory loss, and forgetfulness after having a baby and how long will it take to go away? embarassed Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2018
StrongWoman333:
Mamas please help a ftm. Who else is experiencing or have experienced memory loss, and forgetfulness after having a baby and how long will it take to go away? embarassed Thanks

Lol...pele
I still experience it 18 months after childbirth.

First off, body hormones are still trying to balance.

I also attribute it to having so much on my mind especially caring for baby, being an excellent mum and the loving wife who has great dreams and aspirations.

As baby grows older and one is able to have a work-life-balance, i believe the 'forgetfulness' would go.

https://yourpostbabybody.com/short-term-memory-loss-after-a-baby-what-can-you-do

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 10:05pm On Oct 08, 2018
Rayhanna:

Thanks a lot mama for the prompt response. This has really made me feel better, i really appreciate...

Ignore them.That is how they complain then later they tell you the baby has become too fat /heavy or the baby will be picky.

Uwa ekwe nmeta!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 11:50pm On Oct 08, 2018
JGracious:

Lol...pele
I still experience it 18 months after childbirth.

First off, body hormones are still trying to balance.

I also attribute it to having so much on my mind especially caring for baby, being an excellent mum and the loving wife who has great dreams and aspirations.

As baby grows older and one is able to have a work-life-balance, i believe the 'forgetfulness' would go.

https://yourpostbabybody.com/short-term-memory-loss-after-a-baby-what-can-you-do
Thanks Ma smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 6:48am On Oct 09, 2018
bigmummy16:
Order for your home made PAP(Ogi / akamu / koko).We have white , yellow , guinea , millet & mixed grains.We can make to your specifications.We can deliver at your doorstep at a delivery cost subject to your location. Call / Whatsapp 08057125055[b]

Our pap af finish oh, we need another one soon
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rayhanna: 7:35am On Oct 09, 2018
Giddyperson:

Older women especially those that didn't do EBF always think baby is starving. You have to be ready for the battle if you want to do EBF with first baby. My MIL kept saying that breastmilk is like water to be given to baby after the formular cheesy. Just ignore and keep doing what you're doing. At some point she said baby was losing weight so I started keeping the baby to suck almost all day since I was kukuma doing nothing else. Soon the complaint became that she was too fat.

I'm really encouraged by ur words.. will keep doing my thing ojere. i almost consented to her sef. thanks a lot mama, i appreciate

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:59am On Oct 09, 2018
StrongWoman333:
That's how your brain tricks you to go and get pregnant again after all the 'I won't do it again' you must have thought during labour cheesy. Needless to say it goes away as soon as you get pregnant

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 8:50am On Oct 09, 2018
Hello ma, I shall chat you up.Regards.

Goldenheart002:

Our pap af finish oh, we need another one soon
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 8:51am On Oct 09, 2018
Giddyperson:
That's how your brain tricks you to go and get pregnant again after all the 'I won't do it again' you must have thought during labour cheesy. Needless to say it goes away as soon as you get pregnant

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 9:15am On Oct 09, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Giddyperson:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 9:20am On Oct 09, 2018
StrongWoman333:

Sorry mama. I experienced it...
What i did: asa i wake up in d morning,i write down what comes to my mind and keep d book/paper where i can ALWAYS see it,that way,i can always go thru it to see,wat im meant to d & go do them immediately...

I have complained about it here too sometimes ago sha...

As time went on,it stopped.

Just like the mama has said,its the stress of taking care of you,baby,hubby,home etc.

It will get better by God's grace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:04am On Oct 09, 2018
Giddyperson:

lipsrsealed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rubyzz: 11:20am On Oct 09, 2018
Giddyperson:

I am on this table, my mil is beefing me bcs I refused to give baby formula and water. Now if he sneezes, cries or frowns she will say it's hungry that is doing him lol. I lactate very well and lo sucks fine, growing well and very active so what's the big deal?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rubyzz: 11:22am On Oct 09, 2018
mamatwiny:

Jeez! Did you do exclusive breast feeding?

I even saw ewcm some weeks back and was wondering whether it was part of what to expect. This one surprise me ooo.

I am on ebf and period came back 4 weeks pp, I bleed twice in a month sef... I think my body is trying to get back to normal so I have accepted my fate
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 11:26am On Oct 09, 2018
Giddyperson:
Lol cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 11:28am On Oct 09, 2018
perfectcrown:

Sorry mama. I experienced it...
What i did: asa i wake up in d morning,i write down what comes to my mind and keep d book/paper where i can ALWAYS see it,that way,i can always go thru it to see,wat im meant to d & go do them immediately...

I have complained about it here too sometimes ago sha...

As time went on,it stopped.

Just like the mama has said,its the stress of taking care of you,baby,hubby,home etc.

It will get better by God's grace.
Amen ma thanks. .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rubyzz: 11:31am On Oct 09, 2018
StrongWoman333:

I am experiencing same o, also looking for answers. Please mamas help us o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:46am On Oct 09, 2018
Rubyzz:

I am experiencing same o, also looking for answers. Please mamas help us o
zaynie:

lipsrsealed
kelizosuy:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
FloraEC:
tongue
People have always had issues with good advice on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 09, 2018
Hi moms.
I have a beautiful UK used baby bouncer on sale. Price is 8k. Pickup is in Festac Lagos.
Call 07034707670 if serious buyer.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 12:43pm On Oct 09, 2018
Giddyperson:
Onye ahia ntu cheesy

Special adviser on Kpekus.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:54pm On Oct 09, 2018
ifyalways:

Onye ahia ntu cheesy

Special adviser on Kpekus.
I'm craving jollof rice that I didn't cook myself, cooked with just fresh tomatoes and head of Titus fish and star maggi tongue tongue. Help me embarassed

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 1:06pm On Oct 09, 2018
Giddyperson:

I'm craving jollof rice that I didn't cook myself, cooked with just fresh tomatoes and head of Titus fish and star maggi tongue tongue. Help me embarassed
You can't find anyone gooder than me cheesy . Enjoy kiss

18 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 1:07pm On Oct 09, 2018
Goodday all.
Please when do babies start to sleep all through the night?
Mine is 9months next week and still wakes up like twice at night to eat, even when I feed him heavy immediately before sleeping.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 1:08pm On Oct 09, 2018
You are such a clown, really specifying the seasoning cube.Oya open your bluetooth for the delivery of the jollof rice. grin

Giddyperson:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2018
nahzyla:
Goodday all.
Please when do babies start to sleep all through the night?
Mine is 9months next week and still wakes up like twice at night to eat, even when I feed him heavy immediately before sleeping.
Just twice? I dey envy u. I wish

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2018
ifyalways:

You can't find anyone gooder than me cheesy . Enjoy kiss
You are so mean cry cry cry cry cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2018
bigmummy16:
You are such a clown, really specifying the seasoning cube.Oya open your bluetooth for the delivery of the jollof rice. grin

lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (1939) (1940) (1941) (1942) (1943) (1944) (1945) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.