Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1944) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4398121 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1941) (1942) (1943) (1944) (1945) (1946) (1947) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 7:31am On Oct 10, 2018
khaleesi:
Mamas pls I need a trusted and tested baby soap, powder/cream for baby rashes. The rashes on my baby keep spreading and when old ones die, new ones appear. I have changed her sponge..I had to start using savlon in her bath water, Dr said its not measles or chicken pox and prescribed antibotics, allergin and Endix G cream for her..Dr also advised I stop using the coconut oil I have been using as cream for her and use vegas. I suspected maybe she was reacting to wheats and oats cereals which I newly introduced and discontinued, still the rashes continue and it itches her. Pls I will appreciate any advice. Picture is attached
Oats/wheats are not for infants. Their body system isn't ready for such meals until 1yr hence the reaction. Just discontinue those meals. i'll advice you discontinue those chemicals you're using on your baby's skin. Use breast milk on the skin after bath and air free your baby's body. There's nothing breast milk cannot do. Give your baby lots of breast milk.

On a second note, are you really 'Khaleesi' from game of thrones? grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 7:46am On Oct 10, 2018
Giddyperson:
Ngozi the thread prefect. How are two kids treating you. In two months time I'd be like you..

About last night. Glam ma thank you for providing all the ingredients, the only additional thing I added was scent leaf. Spot the head cheesy

Ngozika, we thank God. The tantrums from the older one ehh, even did vigilantee last night cos of her. She was down with serious cough, dunno if the cough magically disappeared this morning cos she has been running around shouting "mummy Tuu, mummy tuu(school) but the rain this morning is too much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by preshpearl(f): 9:10am On Oct 10, 2018
hunniesuzie:
I think you should go back to where it was done so they'll remove it

I don't think there is a need
It will fall off on its own
Abeg make dem no play rough with person future papa o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by preshpearl(f): 9:13am On Oct 10, 2018
Good morning mamas

Hope we no too see the rain

I was thinking, should a baby who is formula-fed compulsory take water as well?
P.s he is still on BM
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 10, 2018
Please can I give my 17months old dd crushed/blended cornflakes or rice crisps? Is there any nutrients that is required of babies in there? She doesn't take any adult food to satisfaction after two or three quarter spoons she will not accept again. It only semo and okra I can say she takes very well but I can be giving her that all the time. I want to add more to her cereals variety
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 10, 2018
preshpearl:
Good morning mamas

P.s he is still on BM

I started giving water after 6month.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:09am On Oct 10, 2018
preshpearl:
Good morning mamas

P.s he is still on BM

Yes to avoid constipation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:12am On Oct 10, 2018
ThatIgalaChic:
Please can I give my 17months old dd crushed/blended cornflakes or rice crisps? Is there any nutrients that is required of babies in there? She doesn't take any adult food to satisfaction after two or three quarter spoons she will not accept again. It only semo and okra I can say she takes very well but I can be giving her that all the time. I want to add more to her cereals variety
I tried blended rice crispies for my baby once when she was sick. She really liked it and it became the only food she was accepting that period. Then it purged the hell out of her as she was pooping just rice crispies. Since then I don't near adult cereals. We'd try again when she's closer to three.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 11:04am On Oct 10, 2018
Giddyperson:
Ngozi the thread prefect. How are two kids treating you. In two months time I'd be like you.

I was looking at the baby on your dp thinking this baby looks so much like BQ's baby before my pregnancy brain remembered.

About last night. Glam ma thank you for providing all the ingredients, the only additional thing I added was scent leaf. Spot the head cheesy
Onye uwa.

Thank heavens I used my grey sense to provide you with full fish as opposed to the ishi azu you requested. cheesy
The food looks delish sha.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 11:07am On Oct 10, 2018
HolySteph:

Oats/wheats are not for infants. Their body system isn't ready for such meals until 1yr hence the reaction. Just discontinue those meals. i'll advice you discontinue those chemicals you're using on your baby's skin. Use breast milk on the skin after bath and air free your baby's body. There's nothing breast milk cannot do. Give your baby lots of breast milk.

There are oats and wheats cereals for 8months up.
Cerelac ( Malaysia) has oats, wheat and prunes combo cereal. Twas my grand sons favourite daily first meal. Guarantees daily, smelly poop .

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 11:08am On Oct 10, 2018
preshpearl:
Good morning mamas

P.s he is still on BM

Good morning
Rain ke!? The sun for my side this morning fit boil beans oo cheesy
And yes a formula fed baby should be given water compulsorily. 70% of brea.stmilk is water but formlar is constituted with little water. Give him water pls to avoid indigestion and hard poo

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 11:12am On Oct 10, 2018
ThatIgalaChic:
There are other cereals for her age. Cornflakes and rice crisps are for older kids

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:28am On Oct 10, 2018
FloraEC:

Ngozika, we thank God. The tantrums from the older one ehh, even did vigilantee last night cos of her. She was down with serious cough, dunno if the cough magically disappeared this morning cos she has been running around shouting "mummy Tuu, mummy tuu(school) but the rain this morning is too much.
So no school when it rains. Life is good.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claseek(f): 11:29am On Oct 10, 2018
Giddyperson:
Ngozi the thread prefect. How are two kids treating you. In two months time I'd be like you.

I was looking at the baby on your dp thinking this baby looks so much like BQ's baby before my pregnancy brain remembered.

lol abi tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:56am On Oct 10, 2018
Yes

preshpearl:
Good morning mamas

P.s he is still on BM

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:57am On Oct 10, 2018
Try wheetabix
Otherwise nothing wrong with baby cereals

ThatIgalaChic:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 10, 2018
Dear mothers buu this products for your baby and you will be glad you did.
,its powder ,coconut oil,shea butter,blacksoap ,its tested,trustetld and effective.
Call 08066710810 to get yours
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by preshpearl(f): 1:16pm On Oct 10, 2018
tatacherie:

Good morning
Rain ke!? The sun for my side this morning fit boil beans oo cheesy
And yes a formula fed baby should be given water compulsorily. 70% of brea.stmilk is water but formlar is constituted with little water. Give him water pls to avoid indigestion and hard poo

Thanks hunniesuzie, giddyperson and everyone
The rain pour down here heavily from after 6 till like 10
After serious sun yesterday

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 1:17pm On Oct 10, 2018
Giddyperson:

So no school when it rains. Life is good.

She went but around 7:59-8am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 1:51pm On Oct 10, 2018
ifyalways:

There are oats and wheats cereals for 8months up.
Cerelac ( Malaysia) has oats, wheat and prunes combo cereal. Twas my grand sons favourite daily first meal. Guarantees daily, smelly poop .
that's the outcome.

I know about baby oat/wheat, just bcus your son likes it so much doesn't mean it's what's best for your baby then. Most baby's digestive systems aren't ready(fully formed) for such meals.

The American academy of paediatric (AAP) strongly adviced against it because of alergy, that of oats/wheat, egg whites etc...

Anyways do what you think it's best for you n your baby. Follow your instincts.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Happychildlove(f): 2:04pm On Oct 10, 2018
pls mothers in d house I greet u all , pls who knows about the rota vaccine that Lagos state health workers(Ifako/ijaiye local govt) has been carrying about ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamatwiny(f): 2:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
A quick one.
Apart from HIV and hepatitis, which other lab tests do you administer on nanny or house helps b4 employment?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamatwiny(f): 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2018
Happychildlove:
pls mothers in d house I greet u all , pls who knows about the rota vaccine that Lagos state health workers(Ifako/ijaiye local govt) has been carrying about ?

Rota vaccine is for diarrhea and vomiting. Are they administering it free of charge? Please talk ooo, let me know where I can start searching for it here, cos 15k for rota 1 and 2 plus transport to buy it no be here. I have asked my sis in bmh (state govt hospital) and she says they don't have it. Ppl using Uniport shld confirm, b4 I spend this 15k.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2018
mamatwiny:
A quick one.
Apart from HIV and hepatitis, which other lab tests do you administer on nanny or house helps b4 employment?
Pregnancy and tuberculosis

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2018
preshpearl:
Good morning mamas

P.s he is still on BM

Yes oh
Once formula is introduced I read that warm water is necessary to prevent constipation.

The rain Na helele

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2018
Congrats to all new mommies! God bless these precious ones. Pls oh dark complexion mamas what is the best kinda natural scrub to use to brighten the face. I'm battling acne blackheads and generally rough and dull skin. Please I need something natural and easily assesible I can use. Suggestions for soaps and creams too please. Thanks a bunch!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 10, 2018
Giddyperson:
I tried blended rice crispies for my baby once when she was sick. She really liked it and it became the only food she was accepting that period. Then it purged the hell out of her as she was pooping just rice crispies. Since then I don't near adult cereals. We'd try again when she's closer to three.

What? Purge shocked shocked
I will just face it and eat it alone.
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 10, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Try wheetabix
Otherwise nothing wrong with baby cereals

Alright thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 10, 2018
tatacherie:

There are other cereals for her age. Cornflakes and rice crisps are for older kids

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2018
HolySteph:

Sorry oh but this statement is based on .........

A very good number of baby cereals (branded) are based on oats and wheat.

If a baby has a particular intolerance or allergy to oats or wheat, that is an individual and isolated incident. Not a generic one that applies to ALL infants.

Countless babies world wide have been weaned on these cereals the only recomendation is that it is cooked properly as with most foods you give a child.
And as with all foods is an allergy or intolerance is observed, then the stop giving that food.

14 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
ThatIgalaChic:

Once a baby has crossed 12 months they can eat most adult food. Cereal-wise I will say crush to make the pieces smaller. Ensure that there are no added sugar or salt and avoid the sugar coated ones like frosted flakes and the Choco this or strawberry that. You can also mix with baby rice to get a thicker texture if your baby prefers it like that.

Nutrient wise, you will need to vary her meals. Just keep throwing all variety at her. If she likes Swallow mix it up, semo, amala, pounded yam, rice flour... I am not a fan of eBa but you may want to try a small quantity.

You may want to substitute the normal whole milk for toddler milk which is fortified with added vitamins Although these are more expensive and should not really be used as a meal substitute.

Also try finger foods she can eat at her own pace, the cleaning may be plenty afterwards but that may just be the solution to feed her some and let's her seat some by herself

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 6:41pm On Oct 10, 2018
Mamas in Magodo,Shangisha,Ikosi-Ketu environs can now get Rotavirus vaccine for free at the Ikosi PHC.

Happychildlove, if the PHC in ifako-ijaiye is administering for free too then I'm almost sure that all PHC's in Lagos now have it.

Rotavirus vaccine is administered orally and helps to prevent rotavirus infections which often leads to diarrhoea in babies.

Cheers everyone.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1941) (1942) (1943) (1944) (1945) (1946) (1947) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.